[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did she become so fucking boring? What happened to the violent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: X23-character.jpg (22KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
X23-character.jpg
22KB, 250x380px
When did she become so fucking boring? What happened to the violent qt depressed autist?
>>
>>93253158
She was never interesting. She's just as boring as her namesake.
>>
>>93253158

Bendis
>>
>>93253158
she got the help she needed and friends who provide emotional support
you can't expect people to just remain depressed sacks of shit forever.
>>
>>93253209
I liked how they portrayed her in logan though
>>
>>93253209
>She's just as boring as her namesake.
Man, X-23s are the most boring animals.
>>
>>93253158
I could blame Bendis and Soule, but really, right now it's Taylor's fault for not delivering any sort of emotional impact with his stories.
>>
>>93253250
Its not that she's not sad her personality is completely different.
>you can't expect people to just remain depressed sacks of shit forever.
Its cute that you think that
>>
>>93253158
Bendis.

I know he's a meme now, but he basically decided she talks and acts like a normal person and should be getting fucked by Teen Angel. And because the will of Bendis is inviolable, it stuck.

Also turning her into Wolverrine is dumb.
>>
>>93253209
She was at her most interesting and likeable in her autism edits. But I think the big problem was that she was aged up and made a literal whore almost immediately so Marvel could shill out another slut in skimp rather then develop a character, and of course this is made worse now that they've gone full reverse and just put her in one of Wolverine's old costumes. I think Marvel wants to keep their characters as shallow as possible on purpose so casuals don't have to go back and actually read their books.
>>
It started immediately after Avengers Arena, when they stuck her with the "original" X-Men, deciding she had been traumatized back into normality.

Her interesting personality was replaced with her boring, generic "relatable" new one.
>>
>>93255418
Even more fucked by the fact that now she's been replaced whole cloth by a younger clone that basically is just who she used to be. I fully expect the same thing that happened to Laura to happen to Gabbie.
>>
>>93253250
Actually, if fucked up shit happens to you in your formative years, yes you remain fucked up. You can get help and recover somewhat, enough to live a normal life even, but those people always have odd or dire shit about them that will never go away. Too bad Marvel is terrible at characterization and subtly because I wouldn't mind normal Laura if she was portrayed with a little more peril, like Magneto. Mags is a perfect example of this done better, when he was on board with Scott, everyone knew he was still THAT Magneto but he'd none the less try to be as reformed and sane as possible. Something like that for Laura would be better. Like how Old Man Logan is trying his best, and sometimes failing, to not be a depressive sack of shit in the new universe he finds himself in.

Having X-23 just be normal, acting like 616 Wolverine with tits, doesn't cut it.
>>
>>93255146
The problem of her turning into wolverine is that they give away too easily her limits away.

Her charater threats that make her a fallen character are streamlined and mainstreamed that any other female character can be put into that costume without being different.

And they now need to come up with interesting plotlines and a red line for the series, since they cut her negatives threats out of stories.
>>
>>93253250
>she got the help she needed

Off panel.

>friends who provide emotional support

Who? Who are these close friends that we never see her interacting meaningfully with anymore? It's not Jubilee anymore, she's been thrown aside. It's not the YXM, they've been chucked.

>you can't expect people to just remain depressed sacks of shit forever

Similarly, you can't expect people to just change on a dime like she did.

Her personally shifted as though someone had flipped a switch. The problem isn't that she changed, it's that she changed into a completely different person, and she did so off-panel. Bendis got her, decided to write her as a normal girl with brief moments of Wolverine gruffness because he's a hack, and writers ran with it.

The current X-23 is for all intents and purposes not the same character as the one people actually like.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.