[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Hollywood make a mainstream adult animated movie that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

When will Hollywood make a mainstream adult animated movie that is ether a action movie or a hard drama?

I'm tried of seeing kids movie
>>
>>93248051
isn't don bluth working on a dragon's lair movie?
>>
>>93248051
Never because of the stigma animation is only for kids. That's why you only see shit like south park or sausage party when they try to make adult animation because the west has an extremely shallow definition of what's mature.
>>
>>93248051
I don't know if I'd consider Ralph Bakshi's Coonskin a good example of adult animation.

I know Quentin Tarantino stated this was his favorite Bakshi movie growing up, but I'm still not sure if Bakshi's works are art or trash.
>>
Anomalisa
The Congress

not Hollywood enough for you?
>>
Why the hell would Hollywood do animation? Hollywood does movies to give jobs to the extended family members of the producers, the executives, the power families that finance the shit and want a return on investment.

Animation costs obscene amounts of money and nets near to no profit. Disney cuts corners and runs on the inertia of being an institution started by mad men subsidized by WW2 era propaganda. It's a franchise and industry run on nostalgia and only continues to exist because of corporatism.

Guys like Bakshi do hard work and reap near to no dividends for the craft they love. Bakshi's works penetrate the culture but never really reap dividends.

Hollywood hates animation because rewrites of scripts are harder, you can't employ as many snotty extras and have to employ talent that you don't want to pay. Actors can be replaced easily. Animators cannot. It's easier to find attractive people than ones willing to repititiously redraw in-betweens.
>>
>>93248674
>stigma
It's not, cartoons ARE only for kids. The West is not advanced enough to cover the serious topics explored in anime.
>>
>>93249126
>serious topics
>anime
Lol

Maybe niche manga
>>
>>93249126
Go back to /a/ weeabo.
>>
>>93248051
When they see the money in it. But they won't see the money in it until one of them does it.
>>
>>93249126
Anime is cartoons anon. Tom and Jerry is Japan's favorite anime.
>>
>>93249126
there are exceptions:
When the Wind Blows
Plague Dogs
A Scanner Darkly, if you allow that kind of rotoscope as /co/
>>
>>93249126
The most popular anime is escapist slice of life stuff with the occasional serious deconstruction like madoka. Stuff like eva is considered normalfag trash.
>>
File: Chico and Rita.jpg (180KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chico and Rita.jpg
180KB, 1200x600px
>>93248051
Chico and Rita
>>
>>93248827
>but I'm still not sure if Bakshi's works are art or trash
Art is a definition of content, trash is an opinion of merit. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>93248955
>redraw in-betweens
what year is it
>>
>>93248051
make it yourself you lazy bum
>>
>>93249305
That's not what 4chan thinks.
>>
>>93249126
>The West is not advanced enough to cover the serious topics explored in anime
>>
>>93250476
Nigga we're in 4chan right now!
>>
>>93251728
We're on 4chan, actually. Certainly not in it.
>>
>>93249126
This honestly.
>>
>>93249126
Hahahahahaha!
Christ, that's a good one. You had me for a moment.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.