[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ shits on a book >it's actually not that bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

>/co/ shits on a book
>it's actually not that bad or you secretly enjoy it

What's her name?
>>
/co/ made Aaron's PunisherMAX sound like Aaron killed Ennis and raped his corpse a dozen of times.
It was actually a surprisingly good book. Way above any other non-Ennis Punisher MAX arc.
>>
Spider-Man: Reign is pretty good once you get past the cum.
>>
File: 1486337268991.jpg (105KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486337268991.jpg
105KB, 480x750px
>>93247476
Captain Marvel. Even KSD
>>
Moon Girl is OK. Not great, but not SJW trash or anything.
>>
Mockingbird.
>>
Wonder Woman
Curse Words, although that's not really mentioned outright and just catches blanket Soule hate.
Any well-written Marvel book.
>>
Anything by Ennis that gets called edgy. Maybe it's because I am Yuropoorian myself, but I see the outlandish humor in Ennis use of over-the-top violence and I see it used to underscore the absurdity of the act. That and blokes getting kicked in the knackers is funny in fiction.
>>
File: 1436608032164.jpg (772KB, 1280x1961px) Image search: [Google]
1436608032164.jpg
772KB, 1280x1961px
>>93247476
I didn't think Girls was that bad... I mean, it's not amazing writing or anything, but it's a weird, interesting idea with a nice mix of funny and fucked up moments. It's like a nice, comfy B-movie.
>>
>>93247642
Go away shill. Nobody likes Carol.
>>
>>93247710
It's amazing how /co/ got so buttfurious over that book. It has harmless Femnist agenda and that's it.

I weep for the "men" of today. We need another draft to bring the age of men back.
>>
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
>>
Transformers Lost Light.
>>
>>93247782
Wasn't horrified by it myself, but I must say it was needlessly grating in some places.
The brothers were trying to squeeze everything they could out of every chump and it didn't always pay off.
>>
>>93247853
The thing that frustrates me specifically is that feminism intentionally destroyed masculinity, and then insults men for being weak little bitch boys as a consequence. What the fuck did they expect? It's almost like the entire thing was a female tantrum that men took way too seriously...
>>
Legend of Korra. I thought it was ok. It was no Last Airbender, but that wasn't what I expected anyway.
>>
>>93247550
This
>>
Ultimatum. It's fun and kills off the worst Ultimate characters
>>
>>93247476
OMD
>>
gwenpool
>>
>>93248204
A book, anon. Unless you are a time traveler and have already read the upcoming LoK comics.
>>
>>93248004
This tbqhfam
>>
>>93247476
Venditti's Green Lantern stories
>>
>>93247702
I thought moon girl was generally liked, just not in that one issue of america
>>
>>93247476
Trouble
;^)
>>
quite a few, apparently I have shit taste
>>
Identity Crisis though it's very, VERY flawed. I can totally see why some would hate it.
>>
>>93247476
I like the new Elektra (stealth)miniseries, but /co/ hates her new suit
>>
>>93250018
The marketing and abysmal crossovers left a bad taste in a LOt of people's mouths, but people who read her actual comic generally say it's pretty good.
>>
Cap: Steve Rogers/Secret Empire
>>
File: 620337.jpg (4MB, 3492x1964px) Image search: [Google]
620337.jpg
4MB, 3492x1964px
Fraction's Iron Man
>>
>>93247584
I read it around 10 years ago and remember liking it. I'll have to re-read it sometime and see if that's still true.
>>
The holy bible
>>
Simone's Batgirl run.
>tfw stuck with Burnside now
>>
Most Ennis stuff.
Supergod.
>>
Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
>>
>>93247550
>Way above any other non-Ennis Punisher MAX arc.

Because the bar really is that high
>>
Sins Past really wasn't that bad.
>>
I've never seen anybody shit on it or even make a thread acknowledging its existence but I like
>East of West
>>
>>93247702
Moon Girl has a dedicated defense league on /co/ who claim that she's good in her own book. I'm not inclined to agree with them, but you're definitely not alone in liking her or her book.
>>
Faith.

I hate the politics, but most of it is just cute fun.
>>
>>93247476
Slott's Spider-Man.
>>
Jimenez's Superwoman
Tynion's Detective Comics
>>
I didn't find Neonomicon to be terrible, but I only read it after I'd read most of Providence. On its own, it would probably be pretty bad.
>>
>>93252237
When it is mentioned on /co/, it's usually done favorably.
>>
>>93252594
You're right, Providence is so good it retroactively makes Neonomicon better.
>>
>>93247476
Steven Universe (the show, not the comics fuck off)
>>93247702
Yeah this, she's moe
>>93250068
Comic books have marketing?
>>
Wonder Woman Rebirth. It's not perfect by any means, but it's way better than the butthurt whiners in every thread would have you believe.
>>
>>93251808
Is this a joke? Did I just take bait?

>>93252686
They do have marketing, but it's mostly in house. There's very little marketing of comics too the mainstream, outside of turning them into television shows or movies.
>>
>>93248088
Feminism has been perverted. One famous example argued that she should have the right to have the same punishment as a man would for the same crime, as opposed to leniency becuz vagina.

Susan B. would stomp a fucking mudhole into the "feminists" of today.
>>
>>93252701
Every single Wonder Woman run gets massive quantities of butthurt whingers every single time, you get used to it.
>>
>>93248023
Explain Boco
>>
>>93247476
Bendis' Moon Knight. Aside from power level wankery it isn't totally egregious and the idea is somewhat interesting.
>>
All of the New 52.
>>
This applies to pretty much everything.
>>
>>93247476
The Flash Rebirth. Granted, I'm new to the Flash line of comic other than Flashpoint but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
>>
>>93247550
Funny you mention it since I'm reading it right now. Aarons writing is solid, but Dillons art is ass. Every character looks like a variation of frank. Wilson Fisk should not look like a fat frank castle.
>>
File: image.jpg (980KB, 1988x1522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
980KB, 1988x1522px
>>93247476
sudden awkward silence.
>>
>>93255499
Early on in the new 52, /co/ was excited about many of the series though. Same with early Fraction-Hawkeye and early Saga.

Now /co/ accepted wisdom says they're all terrible. I don't get it. To me, new 52 is better than Rebirth because it had great series like Swamp Thing, Sword of Sorcery and Dial H. Rebirth has nothing that can match those.
>>
>>93252776

I've read people saying it was too edgy for its own good.
>>
File: supes says stop.jpg (81KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
supes says stop.jpg
81KB, 456x386px
>>93255850
This art is making my eyes bleed.
>>
>>93256094
I mostly agree with you although I do think there is definitely some Rebirth books that reach the same height, like Deathstroke and New Super-man, thats not even including books like The Flintstones, Shade the Changing Girl, and Doom Patrol
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.