[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Shazam and Martian Manhunter on the same level of strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9131.jpg (65KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9131.jpg
65KB, 400x340px
Are Shazam and Martian Manhunter on the same level of strength as Superman? It's been established they have their own powers that vary from Superman but they both seem to have the default Super strength, flight etc
>>
File: supesshazam.jpg (154KB, 565x904px) Image search: [Google]
supesshazam.jpg
154KB, 565x904px
I know Shazam and Superman are equal when it comes to raw strength, not sure with MM, I assume he is not as strong.
>>
>>93245135
I think current Shazam is weaker than Superman, unlike the previous Captain Marvel. But he has a bunch of extra magical powers to make up for that.

Martian Manhunter was originally intended to be weaker than Superman (just look at the early JLA stories, where he was a standard league member, struggling with the villains, while Superman, if stepping in, generally solved everything in a few pages. Later on that got more inconsistent though, but he was often enough shown to be weaker.
>>
Physically they are all about the same, but they have different utility powers.
Super Man has his vision and breath powers, and can further augment himself by exposing himself to higher quantities of solar radiation.
Martian Manhunter has shape-shifting and telepathy
Shazam/Captain Marvel has his Magic
>>
>>93245180
>Tfw Supes wouldnt have this talk with Billy ever in the current continuity because Billy is jerk.
>Tfw still no Shazam ongoing.
>>
File: IMG_9133.jpg (51KB, 428x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9133.jpg
51KB, 428x539px
>>93248144
>No parents
>Passed around from foster home to foster home
>Finally finds a decent family and he still hates it like most kids would
>His only real friend is a tiger
>Wizard turns him into Shazam and he finally has some happiness and joy in his life
>Finds out there's another guy with the same powers as him
>Said guy is an asshole and wants to kill him
>Watches said guy disintegrate after fighting him
>Plus the fact that Supes has beat the shit out of him several times
Billy has every right to be an ass
>>
>>93248371
But in other continuities he wasn't.
That is a shitty change, to one of the best characters.
>>
>>93248481
Shitty change but it's not like they'll make him like he used to be, Shazam is too Golden Age and DC doesn't want to bring back older characters
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.