[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is he NOT a better Batman when he KILLS all those pedophiles,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5

File: portrait.png (399KB, 1140x840px) Image search: [Google]
portrait.png
399KB, 1140x840px
How is he NOT a better Batman when he KILLS all those pedophiles, serial killers, terrorists, and rapists Batman would merely rough up?
>>
He's a better vigilante, not a better Batman, that's a fucking retarded way to word it
>>
>>93243972
Batman is a vigilante, numbnuts, he is merely tolerated by the government, but not sanctioned.
>>
>>93244119
OP (not sure if that's you) clearly said "better Batman".
>>
>>93243937
>pedophilia
>worthy of punishment
/co/mblr plz go
>>
>>93244119
>but not sanctioned.
Isn't he deputized in the comics? Or at least was at some point?
>>93243937
The issue is with the whole judicial system rather than Batman. Their prisons are easily escapable, so is Arkham, no death sentence, etc. The only reason for Batman not to kill that makes sense is that no one man must make that call. But all other reasons, such as "the number of murderers will stay the same", "guns are for cowards", don't stand to scrutiny in the world Batman lives in.
>>
>>93244174
>believing board memes are fine anywhere else
I think you better step away from the keyboard every once in a while.
>>
>>93243937
A vigilante killing criminals means he's taking the law into his own hands. And not just by stopping crime, but by deciding punishment. That's not his place. The chosen representatives of the people decide what punishment fits the crime, not some random asshole.
>>
>>93243937
That's the point of the Robin role, Batman guides them to eventually be BETTER than him. Dick will eventually overtake Bruce as head of the Batman family because he's better than Bruce overall. Tim is a genius who'll eventually create tech, forensic techniques and all around run Wayne Tech better than ever, Jason is the one who can make the difficult decisions Bruce never could like taking out the truly horrible now that he's not "rabid" anymore he shows restraint. Damien will probably be a better Batman but by then the Batman family will probably not even need "Batman" anymore so he can have his cake since the cause will probably leave him to his bullshit.
>>
>>93243937
Ironic since he's written by a serial rapist.
>>
>>93244277
That's the cutest thing I've ever read, he's not some random asshole in most cases they're the only ones capable of stopping villains. You think some fanatic terrorist or career murderer needs some time in prison to set them right? Have you ever been to prison? More often than not criminals come out better more hardened criminals. Sometimes some humans aren't worth the time and are barely worth a bullet to the brainpan.
>>
Is he the punisher for dc or something?
>>
>>93243937
Because he's just The Punisher with a convoluted backstory.
>>
>>93244277
Newsflash, the judicial system is made up of random assholes. Even worse, the closer you are to the people contorlling it, who are also random assholes, the more likely it is that you get off scott free, with a slap on the wrist, or a pampered sentence.

Red Hood and people like him are probably a more fair form of justice than the actual system we have now.
>>
>>93244361
Prison is a punishment, not some kind of therapy. Nobody gets better by going into prison, that's not the goal.
>>
>>93244272
>going outside
>>
>>93243937
Batman stops more scum than Red could hope to kill because hes more skilled.
>>
>>93244388
If you truely believe that, why would you live in society and follow rules made and enforced by random assholes?
>>
>>93244399
So you're saying sending a murderous drug dealing gang banger to prison full of other equally evil assholes to swap stories and techniques to be even better evil murderous assholes and eventually setting them free to continue being evil drug dealing murderous assholes is a better alternative to just ending a shitbag? Really? Fuck where do you live I wanna live there too, must be a nice place, do candy canes and gumdrops come mandatory with every gingerbread house? If not, how many hugs do they cost?
>>
>>93244406
>more skilled
Apart from Bruce saying every sidekick is better than him in some way, Jason has been stated multiple times to have the most potential out of all of them AND be the hardest working. Also Jason doesn't kill EVERYONE he only kills the worst ones when it's truly needed.
>>
>>93243937
Didn't Jason also realize that the only way to really curb crime down was to control it?
>>
>>93243937
He's a better Punisher, perhaps.

While we're on the topic; ...is he objectively a better Punisher? He's presumably better at hand-to-hand combat than Frank and POSSIBLY a better detective.
>>
>>93244450

You have literally no understanding of prison. At all.
>>
>>93244507
Negro I have family that works for the prison system just look up statistics on criminals. More often than not prison doesn't reform anybody.
>>
File: eeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (612KB, 758x482px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
612KB, 758x482px
>>93244467
>the most potential out of all of them

Example/s? I'm not a Timfag or anything, but I always thought Tim was the smartest one and the one who was most likely to be the best Batman. And there's pic related. I thought Jason was the one Bruce loved the most.
>>
>>93244545
I think UtRH, Nightwing: Blood Brothers and a couple of times during his crossovers with Batman during n52.
>>
How did Pyg survive so long in the Regime?
>>
>>93244351
Lobdell? Tumblr I know you hate him but that's a bit far.
>>
>>93243937
What people always forget about this argument is that it's also a pragmatic decision that allows Batman to work with law enforcement even in his most grimdark portrayals. Why does no one blame the incompetent justice system for constantly letting criminals escape or one of the hundreds of corrupt cops in Gotham actually abusing their power for good and popping Joker in the head?
>>
>>93243937
because we all know how the punisher is a morally upright beacon
>>
>>93244699
its easier to blame a single person than an entire interconnected system involving dozens or hundreds of people
>>
>>93243937
Even he won't rape the joker.
>>
>>93244699
Because it's a contrivance to allow batman to exist.
If the criminals were executed or stay locked up like they no doubt would i the real world you couldn't have 60 years of the same villains.

It's not fair to blame a justice system that must be portrayed as incompetent and corrupt simply for the sake of a character when characterising a character flaw.
>>
>>93244699
>Why does no one blame the incompetent justice system for constantly letting criminals escape or one of the hundreds of corrupt cops in Gotham actually abusing their power for good and popping Joker in the head?

because if that happened the stories couldn't work

it's applying realism to something that blatantly exists in the realm of fantasy. It's like giving Batman brain damage like a boxer from getting punched in the head so much.
>>
>>93244840
Jason was very clear on this point he wanted Bruce to rape the Joker to prove that he loved him.
>>
>>93244743
Pearl shut the fuck up
>>
>>93243937
They can't fear you if they are dead.
>>
>>93244545
>Loved the most

Damian is the one he loves the most. He's the only one he cared about when Bane hung the robins, and the only one he told his dad about.
>>
>>93246368
>Damian is the one he loves the most
That's not Dick
>>
>>93246368
That funny way of spelling Dick Grayson
>>
>>93243937
Because Batman sells more comics.
>>
>>93244480
Frank has better morals.
>>
>>93243937
>how is edgy batman that kills people with guns better than edgy batman that doesn't kill people because his parents were murdered
it's more realistic I guess.
>>
>>93243937
He didn't kills people anymore
>>
>>93244178
>"the number of murderers will stay the same"
do you gain a soul every time you kill someone? because that's some fucked up math.
>>
>>93244399
>Prison is a punishment, not some kind of therapy. Nobody gets better by going into prison, that's not the goal.
then they should be executed instead of being allowed to live for free off the tax payers dime.
>>
>>93244399
prison objectively fails as a punishment. people come out more inclined to do crime and with less respect for the law
hell, many people commit crimes specifically to go back to prison because they miss it
>>
>>93244545
God that Tim art always pissed me off, his mask looks like glasses and his haircut makes him look like a nerdy gook.

>I thought Jason was the one Bruce loved the most
I think he does because he feels so bad for him
>>
>>93246368
>>93247776
>>93249633
I would say he cares more, or rather, in a different way, for Damian and Jason because both have some serious, serious stuff going on both of them.
>>
>>93249791
So your "solution" is to kill millions? All you'd be doing is giving people an incentive to not leave any witnesses. Besides, if murder is treated the same as robbery, why not do both? It's not like they can kill you twice.
>>
>>93250966
If you're going to get executed for robbing someone, why rob them?
>>
>>93251051
Why do people rob others now? They need the money. So keep dreaming of your little "Final Solution", because the rest of us aren't interested in being party to one of the greatest stat-sponsored killing of civilians in history.
>>
>>93251116
>They need the money
to live
so if one way of getting money kills them
they'll have to use some other way
>>
>>93251156
And how do you suppose they're supposed to get it? Because if they had the option, do you really think they wouldn't take it? But, if they do rob someone, then their best choice is to not leave a witness so as to avoid death, so your idea just caused an innocent to die. Congrats!
>>
>>93251156
>so if one way of getting money kills them
And yet niggers keep doing it
>they'll have to use some other way
Nope, they would rather risk being killed than getting a job like a normal person.
>>
>>93251271
>And how do you suppose they're supposed to get it
by not being criminals in the first place and making friends that will help them out in times of need while they work their way up to being able to help others as well.

or by becoming so self efficient they don't need to rely on others at all.

or by being such good criminals that they never get caught and killed.

basically by not living like niggers regardless of their skin color.

>>93251324
then they'll die at higher rates and the problem will still be solved.
>>
>>93250154

dick's the big brother, the one that succeeded in stepping out from dad's shadow.
jason's the fuck up, the one that for all his outbursts and anger is more like batdad than he wants to admit.
tim's the over-achieving middle child that gets ignored
damian's the youngest and needs more guidance and patience than his brothers
>>
>>93251352
Well given how many times the "all crimes are equal" approach has been shown to be a really fucking stupid idea, maybe you should instead consider a better way to change things. Like maybe going after the actual cause of crime, rather than just blindly killing? You know, trying to improve the world rather than being yet another source of pain and violence? Just a thought.

Unless you'd rather just kill hundreds of thousands of people every year, but considering that's your plan A, not much more needs to be said about you.
>>
>>93251994
>ike maybe going after the actual cause of crime
by what hiking up taxes and putting more folks on welfare
>guess who commits the majority of crimes
>>
File: 1497324106199.jpg (36KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1497324106199.jpg
36KB, 436x425px
>>93244545

If you want to get the most out of something, you make it compete.

Bruce is setting them both up to be Batman so they can spend their days being twice as effective as he was, all while also still being Batmen and stopping crime in increasingly more efficient ways to try and get the one-up on their rivalry.
>>
>>93252022
It would still be cheaper than all those annual executions. Not to mention all the cops who would be killed when a perp decides they'd rather go down shooting, rather than people being taken alive.
>>
>>93252077
>It would still be cheaper than all those annual executions.
>>
>>93252105
each one costs $500,000, versus $40,000 for life imprisonment.
>>
>>93252149
lead is incredibly cheap, you don't need to execute people with super special incredi-pain chemicals
>>
>>93252172
Not with the laws around human rights. Unless you think people don't deserve basic human rights. Then again, considering that you're less forgiving than the worst autocrats in human history...
>>
>>93252249
>laws around human rights
life liberty and property

and if you take one of these from someone else you don't deserve yours.
>>
>>93252302
So you want to kill people to show that killing people is wrong? Pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>93252396
>to show that killing people is wrong?
parents are supposed to teach their kids that killing is wrong, not the government.

like you someone said jail is just punishment and doesn't rehabilitate
>>
>>93252432
So what changes between people and government to make hypocrisy of the highest order okay? What makes the world a better place? Violence and death, or people trying to change things, trying to make them better? What do you care about? Justice, or revenge?
>>
red hood is a fucking faggot , Joker should kill him again
>>
>>93252836
Great way to give another boost to Red Hood's popularity actually.
>>
>>93253238
I suspect Lobdell is going to play a dead again, or near dead, card soon.
>>
>>93244174
This isnt /b/. You should get a therapist before u get v&
>>
>>93243937
>Red Hood
>Doesn't wear a read hood, much less be a cute little girl
>>
>>93253609
If only there's a loli character wearing red hood.
So it would be Red hood and little red riding hood.
Imagine the missed potential
>>
Blah blah blah not become like them blah blah made a promise blah blah blah blah if you kill one rapist you're no better than a million hitlers.
>>
>>93253645
>What big bullet holes you have!
>>
>>93252022
>>guess who commits the majority of crimes
Trust me they are taking care of themselves, at least in America. This why it is so important abortion remains legal. Blacks not only disproportionately commit crimes, they also disproportionately get the most abortions.
>>
File: 1495338093024.jpg (21KB, 346x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495338093024.jpg
21KB, 346x250px
>>93244272
Take a breather anon
>>
>>93244174
>he doesn't think pedoshit is a tumblr thing

false flag please go
>>
>>93253645
>So it would be Red hood and little red riding hood.
Isn't that kind of what Scarlet was?
>>
>>93244420
because there's nothing we can do to control it anon. All we can do is talk shit about it on random forums and hope that our corrupt system decides to do its job
>>
>>93254001
Scarlet's more like a sidekick type rather than the "red riding hood" type.
>>
>>93250966
Criminals already have an incentive to not leave witnesses. They kill witnesses all the time. I'm a little confused here, are you trying to say that criminals shouldn't fear punishment? Fear of punishment is the entire purpose of the law
>>
>>93252149
You literally just need a bullet and a working gun. How much would that cost. It's not our fault the system is inefficient as fuck as executing people
>>
>>93243937
The problems Batman's no kill policy cause start at super villains, not random pedophile rapist street thugs. Also I think redhood is a gay edgier batman and batman already walks that tightrope without being a gun toting mad man
>>
File: 1479781274086.jpg (23KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1479781274086.jpg
23KB, 500x285px
>>93252396
>killing someone for the sake of protecting other people and for the sake of society, which also in turn serves as a reminder as to why people shouldn't commit crime themselves thus depriving them of an incentive to kill, is equatable with being a mindless homicidal who kills people for fun
>believing this meme
>>
>>93254401
I can't stand this attitude about superheroes using guns. Most of the characters are in the US were all cops open carry and a large percentage of citizens are armed at all time. And while people with concealed carry permits are statistically far less likely to commit a crime than anyone, these vigilantes are already operating outside of the law. There is absolutely no reason why Aemon powered crime fighter wouldn't carry unless they want to be completely ineffective and end up dead, seeing as criminals in major cities are all illegally carrying 90% of the time.
Comic fags are such out of touch children when it comes to this. You always hear this "gun carrying maniac" meme.
>>
>>93255398
>Aemon
That should be a non-powered crime fighter. Fucking autocorrect adapted to my /got/ posting.
>>
>>93255438
Wel..
People say justice is blind, sooo....
>>
>>93255398
Holy shit dude most superheroes don't use guns because they have superpowers.
>>
>>93255519
Kek
>>93257034
I know I meant characters that don't have powers
>>
>>93243937
>Batman
>has a Batmobile, several actually
>Red Hood
>doesn't have a Hoodmobile
No contest.
>>
>>93243937

I was watching Red Hood the other day and I think I kinda realized there might have been a problem with how Batman has evolved over the years.

Like, it's pretty easy for the campy, silly, fun Adam West (god rest his soul) to say "we never kill!," but as Batman grew the tone changed too.

I feel like modern Batman is married too close to that original source. Because it really isn't justified with the kind of lunacy as say, the Joker.

As hood put it, "for all the graveyards this violent, death worshipping trash has filled, why can't you kill him?"

He even goes so far as to say "I'm not talking about Penguin or Riddler," just the person responsible for mass deaths.

Obviously killing is not the point of Batman, but perhaps it's modern things clashing with old material.

Joker is not someone I don't think anyone could reasonably let live, considering he doesn't even "get help." Hell, the closes solution was lobotomy, and that's pretty merciful by many standards.
>>
>>93244640
>tumblr
It's ironic to call someone Tumblr in a red hood thread of all things.
>>
>>93257947

You know what's really ironic? That people who say that don't know how tumblr works.

You can easily, EASILY find white supremacist, racial, and otherwise /pol/tier shit on tumblr because the site easily allows for creating insulated microcosms of whatever.

tumblr is just a bustling hive of degeneracy and unpleasant shit as much as 4chan, despite how everyone pretends it isn't.
>>
>>93257932
You aren't wrong. I remember when the Under the Hood arc was new and many people were thinking DC was actually going to have Jason convince Bruce that there should be an exception for villains like the Joker.
>>
>>93257982
I'm not him and I have no interest in checking tumblr out for myself but I do know that some of the most cancerous images I see posted on 4chan have tumblr file names. So that's enough for me.

>>93257826
Jason has a motor cycle though. He needs it to justify always wearing a helmet.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.