[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really fucking hate these trendy, in your face, vaguely ghetto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_9095.jpg (86KB, 484x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9095.jpg
86KB, 484x533px
I really fucking hate these trendy, in your face, vaguely ghetto minority characters that always try to shit on the legacies of the REAL heroes that their riding the coattails on, say they act better then them, all the while not doing anything notable on their own. Why does marvel continue with this panderous bullshif?
>>
Not as bad as red onions
>>
File: Avatar.png (250KB, 732x659px) Image search: [Google]
250KB, 732x659px
>>93242901
>vaguely ghetto

How?
>>
>>93242901
They want all of those sjw's who post panels from their comics and fan art of the movies to buy the comics.
>>
>>93242901
we heard you the first time
>>93241921
>>
>>93242923
Black, but not too black.
>>
>>93242948
ah alright I kinda get what you are saying
>>
>>93242923
First of all, riri is a really stupid and ghetto sounding name. And the way the characters act are so ij your face, loud, and idiotic, it can only be described as ghetto. These new characters are either sjw femenazis, ghetto brats, or both
>>
>>93242962
>ghetto

nigga just say nigger
>>
>>93242986
No because im not going to be racist which only gives these sjw retards more fuel
>>
>>93242998
You are placing way too much importance on a random 4chan thread.
>>
File: wonka.png (91KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
wonka.png
91KB, 250x191px
>white male is replaced with another white male
>nobody raises an eyebrow because that's the "Default" for a character to be

>white male is replaced by a non-white or female
>everybody loses their shit

and by everybody I mean /pol/, and it's hilarious
>>
>>93243025
Their shittly written and have stories made to further their shitty agendas. Fuck marvel and the feminist propaganda dirt theyre printing
>>
>>93243025
It's more like old heroes getting pushed out of the way for their politically correct replacement, all to meet some vague diversity quota.
>>
>>93242901
Another "I hate diversity thread". How new and refreshing. Goddamn, you faggots make these kind of threads 4 or 5 times a day. If you don't like it just don't buy the shit, fuck.
>>
I'm just irritated all the black females get to be "da smartest". Black females are fair at the end of the "intelligence" scale. A black female being the smartest person on Earth is laughable.

Not to mention that nowadays diversity = black female from "da US". Where's the diversity when all of your characters are Americans?

But eh, I guess people who can't do anything themselves need fictional characters to look up to and project themselves onto them...
>>
>>93243048
No, because then theyll still be making this over politically correct BLM shit regardless if sales tell them otherwise, which is ruining our characters and comics in general. Go fuck yourself because your part of the problem
>>
>>93243025
>>white male is replaced with another white male
>>nobody raises an eyebrow because that's the "Default" for a character to be
bullshit. Name one time that happened and no one cared. I can name a few where people did, most of them had to do with Mar-vell.
>>
>>93243048
>implying they're buying it now
>>
>>93243061
Nigger then don't buy it no need to tell 4chan the same thing over and over it's preaching to the choir. Go on reddit if you want (you's)
>>
>>93243025
>Hero/Heroine is replaced by anyone who is NOT a friend/protege
>Everyone is pissed
>Hero/Heroine is replaced by a friend or protege
>No one says shit
This double standard is pissing me off. Cishets need to fuck off. It's not their medium anymore.
>>
>>93243055
>I guess people who can't do anything themselves need fictional characters to look up to and project themselves onto them...
They dont need someone of their own fucking race and dirty sub cultures in order to look up to them. Women canlook up to men just fine, they dont need a female role model. Anyone who says otherwise is a self entitled bitch trying to shove their race/gender into the forefront of everything for the sake of control.
>>
>>93243076
>then don't buy it
BUT THERE STILL RUINING OUR COMICS YOU FUCKING IDIOT ASSHOLE
>>
>>93243083
>Cishets need to fuck off. It's not their medium anymore.
I will beat a defiant cunt sucking femenist to death before they take away the ONE thing that we have left
>>
>>93242998
You fail to realize that throwing "ghetto" everywhere is easy to read between the lines fro those retards. So you may as well say nigger as what you're saying now will only yield the same effect.
>>
>>93243098
So don't buy it. Watch it crash and burn and laugh about it later.
>>
>>93243061
A black character existing in a comic is "politically correct" and "BLM"? Bro, this is so ridiculous and over the fucking top. This character probably won't even be around 2 years from now and it has you this triggered?

Seek help.
>>
>>93243107
>The sarcasm
>DC's new popularity
>Your head
>A gutter somewhere
>Marvel's reputation
>>
>>93243124
Let me spell it out for you because your clearly too retarded to comprhend it. They blatently refuse to stop making this shit, even when it makes them loose like 90% of their sales. They dont care about money anymore, because if theirs a defict for the company at this point disney will pay for it. The only way to make them truely stop this shit is to heckle the shit outve them. Even if it doesnt stop it atleast we went out with a bang.
>>
File: IMG_9098.jpg (27KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9098.jpg
27KB, 360x360px
>>93243144
Because the entire storyarcs they have for these characters is how theyre better then the real hero theyre based on because there black, and has to deal with thinly veiled storys about how white people are evil.
>>
>>93243164
Like I said: Let it crash and burn.

Work on your grammar bro, you're losin' it.
>>
>>93243164
>The only way to make them truely stop this shit is to heckle the shit outve them.

dumb outrage poster
>>
>>93243164
>The only way to make them truely stop this shit is to heckle the shit outve them

For some reason, I highly doubt they are browsing 4chan.
>>
>>93243066
Azreal? Wasp?
>>
Ten bucks says I could write a better riri story than all of marvels writers combined.
>>
Reminder that your /pol/ sensitivities are just acting up.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a hero taking up another's mantle, but many recent successors have been written badly. The shit that guys like Bendis or Slott pull? THAT'S what you should protest.
>>
>>93243253
I mean she's written by Bendis, so most likely.
>>
File: IronRhodey.jpg (62KB, 573x548px) Image search: [Google]
IronRhodey.jpg
62KB, 573x548px
>TFW Bendis didn't want to just bring Rhodey back to life and make him Iron Man again.

I mean nobody would really care if it was Rhodey, and they could still bullshit and claim they're being "Progressive" again.
>>
File: 1469950549614.jpg (35KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1469950549614.jpg
35KB, 269x270px
>/pol//gamergate/alt-right criticize the SJW/Tumblr/left for so long for pushing for representation, making accusations of racism
>now the right is crying "racism" and begging for representation

OH, how the tables have turned!
>>
>>93243268
You're right that's a pretty low bar.
>>
>>93242901
>giving a shit about awful comic content that's going to be retconned anyway

This is your life.
>>
>>93243083
>>Hero/Heroine is replaced by a friend or protege
>>No one says shit
Amen, that's how you do it.
They spent a whole year building up Renee Montoya to take over as The Question, a whole year of her sidekicking and helping Vic with investigations to build her up as a character and it was a good transition.
Rhody worked with Iron Man for decades. He used the suits. He knew the technology and how to work it inside and out, he was Stark's BFF (or as close as a sociopath can get to having a BFF), the perfect candidate to stand by Iron Man and if need be to inherit the mantle. Instead we get this shitty brat.
>>
>>93242998
If the only reason you use the word ghetto instead of nigger is appearances you're being pretty damn racist, nigger.
>>
>>93242901
>REAL heroes

Get a life.
>>
>>93243025
I mean it was at first, but now we just end up with threads full of /pol/ shitposting and its getting fucking annoying
>>
>>93242901
>REAL heroes

Uhm, have you actually read Iron Man, they got is an asshole at best, who sometimes manages to drunkenly stumble into saving the day, probably from something he started.
>>
>>93242923
Black people are all automatically ghetto and any of them that behave otherwise are just a lesser form of ghetto
>>
>>93242998
Anon, you're already being racist.
>>
>>93243025
I can't speak for the rest of the people, but I dislike riri because she's boring, and borders on Mary-sue.
Maker her interesting, and write her compelling and I could be on-board.
>>
>>93243284
People got pissed Sam took over for Cap despite it making sense. There will always be a shitstorm
>>
>>93242901
So does everyone else. Even sjw's. They just guilt themselves into liking it otherwise it'd be racist.
>>
>>93243620
muh dick
>>
>>93243055
I sincerely hope this irony isn't lost on you.
>>
>>93242901
stop buying it. we're on /co/ so you don't buy it in the first place
if you know people who buy it, try to discourage them from buying it.
>>
>>93243662
more muh money and muh acting like a civilized person
>>
File: 1497026903391.png (101KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1497026903391.png
101KB, 368x368px
Replacing a character or changing their costumes always causes a commotion. Thing is there is a right way and a wrong way. Rhodes could have been the be Iron man, but they wanted Riri and you know what that could have worked. What should have happened though is that Riri should have been in the story for a year or two as an intern at Tony's company. Someone who was showing promise that he kept an eye on. That would have been a great place for her to have made her armor Tony to be smart ass about it, but then taking her under his wing... Instead she comes out of left field. I tried explaining this to somebody, but his response was that Marvel announced this beforehand. Thing is in a couple years time it will not make sense in the story when trades are purchased. It's terrible from a story telling stand point.
>>
>>93243696
>Rhodes could have been the be Iron man, but Bendis killed him off for movie synergy only he decided it before the movie came out.
fixed
>>
>>93243164
>The only way to make them truely stop this shit is to heckle the shit outve them

Said the not-SJW
>>
>>93243239
You'd be surprised.

OP you picked a really funny example, because Riri is a completely different problem: She's Bendis's stepdaughter. Basically his stepkids have no respect for him because lolcomicsauthor so he's trying to be like YOU'RE SPIDER-MAN AND YOU'RE IRON MAN ISN'T IT COOL THAT I DID THAT? and everyone is sick of his shit.

Riri will go away and never come back shortly after Bendis stops delivering (he already has, he has to be nagged by editorial to even write an Infamous Iron Man script anymore)

Even the diversity-hiring creative teams are sick of this particular character's bullshit. Can't do anything about Moon Girl though.
>>
>>93243842
he is correct nothing enrages a believer more than mockery
>>
>>93243724
I still find it absurd how he thought they were actually going to kill off Rhodey because they showed him getting shot down in the trailer. How could he think they'd actually show a hero - even a secondary one like War Machine - getting killed before the film was even released?
>>
>>93243907
It wasn't dumb, it was genius on Bendis part. He got Rhodey out of the way of being IM so he could make his own Donut Steal OC to cash in on those royalties later.
>>
>>93243325
It was the logical outcome if you had just a tiny bit of forsight. and the future looks indeed dark
>>
>>93242923
They use retarded ass ghetto slang and tumblr speak in these comics all the time now.
>>
>>93244020
>so he could make his own Donut Steal OC to cash in on those royalties later.
it all comes down to this. but who is ever going to put her in a movie?
>>
File: Azrael-batman_01.jpg (48KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
Azrael-batman_01.jpg
48KB, 462x700px
>>93243249

No one liked EXTREME Batman.
>>
>>93244032

>They use retarded ass ghetto slang and tumblr speak in these comics all the time now.

so they use lingo that actually black people and young people use today...this what comic books do
>>
>>93242962
You just described Tony stark, Peter Parker and Johnny storm. So yeah stop being a bitch and say nigger
>>
File: eWpaw.gif (1MB, 324x198px) Image search: [Google]
eWpaw.gif
1MB, 324x198px
Oh look another ignorant /pol/ thread on /co/. Hyperbolic ignorance with closest racism due to the power of being anonymous.
>>
>>93244111
>this what comic books do

Have you read shit like the new Wasp and Cap Marvel?
>>
File: 1463516871493.jpg (27KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1463516871493.jpg
27KB, 600x750px
>The "These characters don't look or sound like me" thread
>>
>>93244500
>not having racial pride and demanding representation like every other race
yikes
>>
>>93242901
Mods, /pol/ is invading, again.
>>
File: 1464890883984.jpg (9KB, 189x155px) Image search: [Google]
1464890883984.jpg
9KB, 189x155px
>>93244515
>"White males are the most oppressed minority"
>>
>>93242901
In other news, the sky's blue and politics are dumb.

Why do you assholes keep making this thread?
>>
>>93244169

This shit is stupid. This whole website has become a giant political incubator
>>
File: laughter_at_idiots.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
laughter_at_idiots.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>93244652
>How to spot the /pol/tard
>Notice the obvious racist baiting thread
>Insult /pol/
>Look at who gets butthurt
>Laugh at said butthurt Trumptard
>>
>>93244684
>/co/mblr
>>
I don't even care about the 'diversity' aspect. To me this is just a repeat of the Nineties where all the old characters were being replaced by new ones for no reason.

Is there really any functional difference between Kyle Raynor, Jared Stephens Dr. Fate, Azreal Batman, Ben Reilly, Artemis Wonder woman, etc and Iron Heart, Kamalah Marvel girl, Sam Nova, etc?

If it was like back then, in a few years/decades the original characters will be back
>>
>>93243249
>Azreal
They literally wrote him out in a few months because no one liked him
>>
>>93244652
yeah for /pol/ prehaps, not a day goes by whee we don't shit about SJW's or muh nigga's or muh diversity taking up space that could be used for discussing actual on topic boards shit and not thinly veiled /pol/ shit
>>
>>93242901
>I really fucking hate
stopped reading right there

LOVE TRUMPS HATE BIGOT
>>
>>93244779
People cried then too. You have to understand that core, hardcore comic book fans are whiny manchildren who hate change. EVERY major character change was met with some push back, regardless of whether it turned out good or bad.
>>
File: Lila_Rhodes_(Earth-616)_001.jpg (133KB, 837x1394px) Image search: [Google]
Lila_Rhodes_(Earth-616)_001.jpg
133KB, 837x1394px
>>93243048
Nobody was bothered when Rhodey was Iron Man. And why was that? Because he fucking earned it. He was already a long-time associate of Tony.

Likewise, it would've gone much better if Lila Rhodes had been the one to take over for Tony now, instead of some redundant newly-created character who did nothing to earn it. Why the fuck did Marvel forget that they ALREADY HAD a young black woman with an existing connection to Iron Man who's a who could've been the new Iron Man if they were just wanting "diversity"? Or is the problem that Lila isn't stereotypical enough?
>>
>>93243188
>Americop died for this
Or was crippled, I don't remember
>>
>>93243083
>It's not their medium anymore.
But its 'yours' now you faggot hypocrite?
>>
>>93245221
Bendis doesn't get participation (aka royalties) on Lila.

I'd make a /pol/ joke about Bendis being greedy & Jewish by exploiting a black character but I think it writes itself.
>>
No one complained when X-23 became the new Wolverine. She spent years working alongside her pops.

No one would've complained if Rhodes became Iron Man. No one is complaining that Doom is Iron Man, seeing how often Stark & Doom fought alongside & against one another.

No one was upset that OG Wally is the Flash (alongside Barry). Or that Bart Allen took over as Kid Flash. No one was upset when Dick became Batman, or when Damien became a Robin.
>>
>>93242901
Riri is not ghetto at all

I think you're just being racist again

You're not being the person superman believes you can be.
>>
>black women
>super-geniuses
>better than the white males
>better than the Asian males even

WEW LADS.
>>
>>93245675
Moon Girl is perfect example.
>>
>>93245684
More unrealistic than aliens to be honest. Dunno what Marvel's recent obsession with black girl geniuses is, but it's as far removed from reality as the Shi'ar.
>>
File: IMG_2855.jpg (94KB, 1099x1627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2855.jpg
94KB, 1099x1627px
>>93243706
Civilized people make crappy racist photo edits to troll 4chan with the lowest hanging troll fruit

Don't worry anon, you aren't racist, just short.
>>
>>93245731
Trying to get the black female demographic.
>>
>>93242910
wat? well you are a purple apple!
>>
File: 004.jpg (66KB, 880x496px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
66KB, 880x496px
The issue is that these characters aren't being written from experience or from a source in reality. They're not ordinary or relatable people that can form a connection. There's a reason why the X-Men and Spiderman were the most popular before the movies, and a reason why Ironman became popular was because the movies managed to make him easier for people to connect with.

These characters are all being written by the subtle "it's not racist because I'm writing it to not be racist" folks. The kind of people who write books like Silent Hall, about a group of 5 black adventures where one of the first things a hero does is shoot a guy with a crossbolt because he was made fun of. Where half the story is dedicated to the fact that 2 of the adventures got horny and fucked, the girl got knocked up and then they're trying to solve their relationship because he's bad husband. Nobody relates to super geniuses because they're super geniuses and that's all these new legacy characters seem to be. People didn't read the Hulk because Bruce Banner was a genius who got everything right and had first world problems, people read the Hulk because for all of his intelligence, Bruce was still caught up in something out of his control trying to survive.

What all these new legacy characters remind me of is "isekai" protagonists. Super OP new characters who are cool and everyone should love.
>>
>>93245767
All 20 of them? Wow! What seems weird to me is that they don't try to tap into the international market. At all. They make most of their MCU gross overseas, and yet they have very few European or Asian heroes. Double standard if you ask me. Regardless of the idiocy of making black girls da smartest, it's also insulting to everybody else.
>>
Why does OP talk about black people like he never met one before?
>>
File: 1487864408764.png (190KB, 329x428px) Image search: [Google]
1487864408764.png
190KB, 329x428px
>>93244515
>being mad that the "default" race in media can be changed and swapped
>>
>>93242901
Stop caring anon. Haven't bought anything Marvel for years. Don't even pirate them anymore. Apparently quite a few people doing that, considering they're crying about low sales and blaming it on het-white-male-cis-patriarchal society.
>>
>>93245892
what the fucking actual fucking fuck.
>>
>>93245892
>retweets "whiteness is not an idenity but a MORAL PROBLEM'
>quoted as saying the race/gender of comic book characters can be stripped away and that is a GREAT thing
>"Jokingly" says, One day we will all be brown. Brown will rule.
>Agrees with a dipshit that if Muzzies aren't represented in culture they will commit terrorist acts.
>Wants a Ms Marvel team-up with a known pro-Sharia Law in America activist, because she is Ms Marvel's hero.

THIS IS THE DIRECTOR OF CONTENT AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AT MARVEL.

MARVEL IS BEYOND FUCKED.
>>
>>93245892
>>93245986
Ha Ha Marvel is truly lost. LOL. I guess its DC for me from now on, and I think DC is corny as shit.
>>
>>93245892
How can we kick her out of Marvel?
>>
>>93242901
>It's a /co/ gets triggered by diversity episode
>>
Your grammar is abhorrent.
>>
>>93245221
She can be ANAD War Machine and then they can team up with Iron Patriot and Enigma to be an armored girl squadron.
>>
File: FF7 black.png (520KB, 1069x519px) Image search: [Google]
FF7 black.png
520KB, 1069x519px
Stop hating on black people.
>>
>>93245986
>>93245892

And everyone thought it was Axel and fedora tipper when it was her all along. HAHAHAHA.
>>
>>93246187
>Making Asians black
>Making the Black guy white

I mean, I get you can argue that Cloud and Tifa were more European but Sephiroth is clearly fucking Asian. Both his parents were clearly Asian.
>>
I can no longer tell if white people are threatened by the mere existence of a non-white person, or if these are just jokes at this point.

We all need to relax for about a year.
>>
>>93243880
Moon girl is fine, made devil dinosaur relevant again.
>>
>>93246099
This pic has been making the rounds for about 4 or 5 months now.

NOTHING has been done. I guarantee if the sales go up, she will be the EIC at Marvel. Do not buy any Marvel books until she is fired, even if they bring back all of the original characters. She has to be fired before you can BUY them again.
>>
File: 1493408197459.png (242KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1493408197459.png
242KB, 665x574px
>>93246187
I'm strangely okay with this
>>
>>93246291
We need more.
>>
>>93246259
It has to do with replacing ONLY WHITE CHARACTERS with POC.

It has to do with NOT PROMOTING POC CHARACTERS that ALREADY EXIST.

It has to do with NOT CREATING ENTIRELY NEW POC CHARACTERS and PROMOTING THEM instead of REPLACING ANOTHER POPULAR CHARACTER.
>>
>>93246294
You're also strangely ok with your girl having a side guy, I'm sure.
>>
>>93246349
You speak as if they had half a brain. This is all just a fad for these SJW. They're our hippies.
>>
>>93245924
They're top at the moment. DCfags BTFO
>>
>>93245892
It's official, DC only from now on.
>>
>>93243025
Usually, there is a response when a character is switched by another white character, but it is not as known because when this typically happened, the comic book industry was not as notable. Believe me, though, there were still groans back then, too. I mean, even as recently as a few years ago, this has been annoying. Remember Superior Spider-Man? People weren't pissed because he was now a black character, but because they're Peter Parker was gone. I remember it getting a lot of press, and it's not like it's racebending or anything, but because it's something being done to a VERY popular character. Now, Marvel and it's biased editorial and biased writers are forcing political views by unnecessarily (and sloppily) changing a character in an attempt to recapture that sensationalism. This is also why people are making them NEW characters most of the time, or just completely changing already existing ones. I'm fine with Falcon being Captain America for a while. It's not forever. However, when your stories are not as good and you change the original Captain America into a friggin' member of Hydra in an M. Night Shyamalan Twist, that's when it's getting personal. You're taking old characters, disrespecting them, and making your new characters and making them better for no reason other than forcing change. Change should never be forced for it occurs naturally. When you force changes in storytelling, it usually never works unless the writer is damned talented and understands how to sell a concept. This is falsely diversifying people with inferior story-telling and provoking racial stereotypes. It is theft.
>>
File: 1493202823193.gif (894KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1493202823193.gif
894KB, 500x280px
>>93243325
This old of a meme man and an attempt to troll
>>
>>93246187
While all the others suck, Sephroith looks legit better
>>
>>93242901
this

funny thing though, they couldn't make a NEW black tech girl or whatever because she would drop harder and faster than gravity on a bad day.

so, they toss her in the ole iron man suit and make tony do "something else" so that she can fill the role and be a "hero"

meanwhile, i don't trust someone with less than 20 years of exp as an existing comics character, especially in the post 2000s era.
>>
>>93246869
In my case, my problem is that she's yet another black american girl. Why couldn't his succesor have been a dude from Italy? Or Scotland? Or his secret son by Rumiko? I mean, shit, black females are at the end of the smartness scale. One is okay. Two is pushing it. But the new Iron Man? Fuck that.
>>
>>93246905
yeah

what about a eskimo iron man?
i hate seeing blacks being pushed like they are NEW and EXCITING! like we just discovered blacks exist or something.
>>
>>93246584
>>93243325
Comics are considered less important now, even by themselves. The movies are where it's at, and TV on a lesser scale.

Right now they only use the comics as a sounding board for things they could adapt to the screen, depending on if they sell or not. What happens in them ultimately does not matter, we already have the backbone of stories for each superhero or team.

Answer me this, who is Batman?
Bruce Wayne, right?

No matter who replaces him, McGinnis, Grayson, Valley or any other character, Wayne is Batman.

Because Marvel refuses to shine a spotlight on the truly original african heroes, you likely won't get true representation. Black Panther and Storm, maybe.

But Cap will always be Steve Rogers, Iron Man will always be Tony Stark, Peter Parker will always be Spider-man, etc.

You aspire, at the most to be the "black Human Torch" or the "Black Captain America". The black version of an established character will never replace the actual character. Around the world, anybody not black understand that they do this inclusive thing as a comics version of asking the retard to play for your team at school.

With this type of representation, You are nothing but a footnote, the ones getting mad should be you guys.
>>
>>93247058
Could be interesting, but Iron Man's appeal is that he's the suave white Alpha that all guys want to be. He's not the character to dump your "progressive PoCs" onto.
>>
>>93246247
>but Sephiroth is clearly fucking Asian.
>Asian
>Final Fantasy
>Asians.

Give me a fucking break. Where did they live? Midgar?
>>
>>93243684
But theyll still make it regardless of sales you thick fuck
>>
File: Batman_Sword_of_Azrael_TP.jpg (89KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Sword_of_Azrael_TP.jpg
89KB, 400x600px
>>93244850

Maybe because it's the first comic I bought, but Sword of Azrael is one of my favorite Batman comics.
>>
>>93243025
That's not the problem anon this has happened multiple times and it's been good, i.e John Stewart. The main problem is that none of these replacement characters are good and most of them are shit, the only exception has been Ms. Marvel but unfortunatly Marvel writers have been shittig up her character.
>>
File: 1493887194123.png (250KB, 749x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493887194123.png
250KB, 749x450px
>>93246369
Joke's on you lad i'm don't have a girl
>>
>>93247103
They're stupid, but eventually the numbers just won't justify it. Happened in the 90's when they were saved by a toy company.
>>
>>93246349
What, you mean trying to make characters succeed on their own merits instead trying to leech off the popularity of existing ones?
>>
>>93242901
>Why does marvel continue with this panderous bullshif?

RDJ costs an asston to hire but pretty, young black actresses are dead cheap.
>>
>>93247165
That's the thing, at this point Marvel makes most of their money from stuff other than comics. The comics are an IP farm for movies, and to a lesser extent cartoons and live-action TV shows.
>>
>>93247094
Also white women prefer brown cock.

Can't make black men scared of being WHITED when "black stud breeds muh wimmen" has been a meme for over 400 years, and just gains more traction everyday has a major fetish.

Whites thinking they're emasculating blacks by taking their women in retaliation for blacks taking their women just makes a scenario where there's EVEN MORE mixed babies.
>>
>>93245892
>>93245986

OMG WHAT A SHITSHOW
>>
>>93243025
Its not that they replace old characters with minorities or invent new minority characters. It's that they're all terribly written, annoying, self insert, fan fiction tier, agenda pushing Poochies of characters. Riri is just the smartest black girl ever! Did you know she was black and built her own Iron Man in her dorm room at MIT because she went there because she's so smart? This book is so woke! And everyone loves her! Tony Stark made her the new Iron Man after knowing her for one day! How fleek and trendy is that, right?! Even when she loses a fight, the civilians around her give her constant praise in the best of Marvel traditions! Yaas queen slay! And OMG, holy menstuation, they should do a crossover with her and trendy and powerful Latinx queer gyrl Ms. America Chavez who is also the most beloved character ever!

Now compare that with, say, Simon Has and Jessica Cruz. Two minority characters who are just written...well, normal. They have their ups and downs, struggles and failures. They have to work for their victories and you feel for them. Almost like their real people. Funny how that works, huh?
>>
>>93244111
Have you ever watched the Luke Cage series, by chance? You say that it's what "actual black people" use, well, you gotta consider what actual group of black people you're thinking of when you say this.

And as if these writers know how to write black people anyway. They're all pastiches of stereotypes now. Marvel writers have returned to the era of blaxploitation comics.
>>
>>93246259
>I can no longer tell if white people are threatened by the mere existence of a non-white person
Well, if you look up your American History, yeah, white people seemed to be terrified of anything black people seem to do.
Crack? Gives'em superhuman strength!
Arming themselves? They'll take over by force! Gun Control!
Equal Rights? There goes the neighborhood!

What with anti-vaxxers and flat earthers on the rise, I'm sure some genius will figure out how to work black people into the mix for some bonus points.
>>
>>93242901
I don't really care about the diversity shit honestly. Riri is just a really fucking boring character.
>>
>>93244032
As opposed to talking like some coffie swilling fucking hipster fag or some White boy with their dumbfuck ninja turtle speak.
Dude!
DUUUUUDE!
DUUUUUUUUUDE!
THAT'S SO RAD!!
>>
>>93243042

It's not pushing an agenda if it's a matter of trying to be more inclusive, which a lot of media fucking wasn't for decades.

The only problem I see with this push is that these writers, the bulk of them, have no idea how to write these characters or what to do with them. That's a valid criticism and one, as a minority, I share with some detractors.

Other than that all I can say is keep crying about your SJW boogeyman
>>
>>93245892
thats troubling.

>>93247457
ALL OF THIS.
>>
>>93244652
It's your fucking fault though. Not you personally but all the fuckers that didn't sage and hide when /tv/ and /pol/ started these fuckboy threads here.

Where were the janitors saying "hey this is cancer" and deleting these threads? /co/ is almost fucking unreadable now.
>>
>>93243620
>mfw black but like white men
Guess it all balances out.

6/10 for making me reply. I giggled at that Chris Brown pic
>>
>>93247362
>>93247376
People always refer to this like it's empirical fact or something. Everyone is gonna have their niche anyhow.
>>
>>93243640
>There will always be a shitstorm

There is will always be one for changes to characters but it's better than "Some random black guy found a vial of super soldier serum in his basement and became the new Captain America! He was born in modern times and not those racist and backwards times of WWII! His first issue would be beating the shit out of every one of Cap's enemies easily as he is smarter, faster, and stronger than Rogers!"
>>
>>93247674
go back to themarysue.
>>
>>93247297
>Also white women prefer brown cock.

What the fuck kind of white women do you know, Anon? Because the ones that aren't disgusting are generally not attracted to pavement apes.
>>
>>93243025
Thats not even true.
>>
>>93247734
Individuals, yes. Not the group as a whole. And we use that chart over and over because no one else will risk being call "OMG RACISTS" for doing actual research.
>>
>>93247754
Probably the sad, broken down white women who give up and date black men.
>>
>>93243284
>>93243325
Wrong people who are actual marvel fans are used to seeing Rhodey fill in for shellhead. Riri is a shitty character like the rest of the social justice props Marvel has been pushing on everyone. The only people making a shitstorm about the charatcter's race are SJWs, and /po/tards.
>>
>>93243025
Clearly no one was pissed off when doc oc became peter parker
>>
>>93247746
Go back to /pol/ you fucking crossboarding scum.
>>
File: wutai.jpg (142KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wutai.jpg
142KB, 1024x768px
>>93246247
>Sephiroth is clearly fucking Asian. Both his parents were clearly Asian.
Hojo maybe, but I don't think Lucretia was.

>>93247102
There's often been Asian-like places in Final Fantasy like Wutai, Doma or Fabul.
>>
>>93247844
Bingo.
>>
Gotta be honest, I don't like the idea of main characters getting replaced by other people. I don't get why a new hero couldn't be created.

That being said, Unworthy Thor might be even more badass than normal thor.
>>
>>93247457
I really tried to give Riri a fair shake. I've been reading Iron Man since the 80's and she's not the worst thing to happen to the book (that still firmly goes to "The Crossing") but she's just so damned generic and uninspired.

I think the worst thing about it is they already had a black Iron Man in James Rhodes, and they killed him. They had the opportunity to score even more diversity points and tell a more compelling story by having him around as Riri's mentor or something, teaching her how to become a super hero.

Having a new female Iron Man of any race is cool, but they're going about it in such an asinine way. It's all just a wasted opportunity to me. Maybe some future writer will salvage her but right now I can't force myself to care about her in the least.
>>
These threads always devolve into liberals whining about conservatives and conservatives whining about liberals. Both of you are retarded and cancerous
>>
File: il_570xN.1081549754_sapi.jpg (63KB, 570x534px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1081549754_sapi.jpg
63KB, 570x534px
>>93242901
I really like Riri's suit but FUCK is she boring...
>>
>>93246187
Only when they stop being responsible for 50% of all crime and stop sucking up 30% of all welfare
>>
>>93246126
There's nothing positive about diversity and it serves no purpose
>>
>>93247938
doma wasn't asian, at least i don't see it

fabul was probably, but not in a way they could show in 1991 besides yang is a martial artist

wutai is the most japanese asian, also because of music
>>
>>93248044
>Both of you are retarded and cancerous
>>
>>93246126
>diversity is replacing whites with non-whites

Not how it works, friend.
>>
>>93245506
See >>93243148 ... freaking idiots, I swear. Did you read the first part, at all?
>>
>>93248135
I'm a conservative but I don't interject politics into everything and I think anyone from either side who does it is fucking stupid. We need to go back to a time when people just kept their political views to their fucking selves and not try to interject it into everything. No more liberals whining over shit, no more conservatives whining over ahit
>>
>>93244652
The election has made 4chan sound like some right-wing haven so /pol/ and the rest of the board has been infested with edgy teenagers and ledditors
>>
>>93242901
mexican here fuck this shaniqua ape
>>
>>93246099
Only way is if you get her to somehow do something that really offends SJWs.

Or more effective would be getting Ike mad at her.
>>
>>93247926
>everything I don't like is /pol/
>>
>>93248154
That's how leftists interpret it. To them it means brown people and muslims and no whites. Those retards called the black panther movie diverse because the cast were over 90% black
>>
>>93248229
You retards do know that 4chan has never been leftist right? It was always between anarchist and libertarian. Liberals and conservatives were shit on and despite what you retards think, you aren't the majority of the site
>>
>>93247083
Since when you faggot? Tony's always been a smug capitalist alcoholic.
>>
>>93248384
>smug
>capitalist
Which one of this isn't Alpha anon? Or do you think normal people want to be bleeding heart hippies? Most people want their own company and to leave a mark on the industry.
>>
>>93248369
I never said it was Leftist you illiterate moron, I said it wasn't right-wing. The old 4chan "anarchics" were just edgy teenagers anyways
>>
>>93247593
So you paid attention on the Michael Moore doc, good for you, now show some critical thinking.
>>
>>93242901
Ok, so the image of Sana whatever her fuck name is, proving that she's a Sharia Law loving anti-white racist gets taken down, then a bunch of posts also do, but the "WHITE WOMENZ PREFERS BROWN COCKS" post is totally acceptable and on-topic? >>93247297

Fuck you, Mods.
>>
>>93246187
Latifa and Sephirone look legit 10/10
>>
File: sanaamaratmarvel.jpg (942KB, 1177x3705px) Image search: [Google]
sanaamaratmarvel.jpg
942KB, 1177x3705px
>>93242901
And I say again, FUCK. YOU

And I'm fucking Mexican, stop oppressing me, hijos de puta.
>>
>>93242901
How many people would be upset if a well known Iron-man villain does to Riri what the Joker did to Jason Todd?
>>
>>93245924
I stopped spending money on Marvel ever since the close of the first Civil War arc. I did break that rule and buy floppies of the All New All Different Ghost Rider run because I wanted to support something I liked.
And then I spent nothing since. Someone else can spend money on spontaneous mutant dance parties, but it ain't gonna be me.
>>
>>93249158
All the ones that go on the Mary Sue and similar pages, for starters. All the feminists, there'd be media coverage.
>>
>>93249277
Worth it she is sooo awful.
>>
>>93249162
Your country is proud of you anon.
>>
>>93249162
You and millions of others bub
>>
>>93249158
Marvel wouldn't do that in this day in age
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.