[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When and how did this show become so much better than all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: AD.jpg (81KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
AD.jpg
81KB, 640x440px
When and how did this show become so much better than all the other Seth Shit?
>>
>>93242259
When it came out. No cutaways or toilet humor.
>>
>>93242267
I think it was more like a few episodes in. Pilot didn't impress me that much but it gradually started getting better.
>>
>>93242259
The George Clooney episode hooked me.
>>
>>93242259
Each character (bar Roger and Claus) have their own set of friends they can have stories with
Francine isn't the typical "wife knows all" trope
Stan isn't retarded just insane
Patrick Stewart
>>
From what I gather, Seth's basically hands-off with the writing. Because of that, it's been allowed to find its own identity separate from FG. One that doesn't rely on all the tropes Family Guy overueses
>>
strong cast
if you put the cast in the worst family guy episode they'd make it good
>>
>>93242808
Haley and Jeff also don't have any friends.
>>
>>93242960
Jeff wasn't always a regular character
recurring, but not regular
Haley always had Jeff, but she also had Reggie for a few episodes, but most of her episodes with are with Roger
>>
>>93242808
>Patrick Stewart
Damn right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzQ2BUKDq5Q
>>
>>93242259
Because of how little involvement Seth has
>>
>>93242259
Around season 5 or 6 when they started downplaying the "it's funny cause a character gets hurt" humor. Roger got nerfed, Stan stopped treating her wife like shit for no reason and they started developing Jeff and others as characters.
>>
>>93242993
Reggie was cancer.
>>
>>93242808
Wait, who are Francine's friends? Aside from the gay reporter.
>>
>>93242259
It's less heavy handed with it's politics.

Haley isn't always right and smart just because she's a liberal. And Stan isn't just a stupid strawman and is usually portrayed as well intentioned.
>>
>>93244219
Linda comes to mind. But she doesn't appear much.
>>
>>93242822
>>93243127

Wrong. Why lie about shit? He is still a very active part of the show.
The whole point of the show was to prove Seth could write a series with character progression and not using constant cut away shit humor aimed towards 10 year olds, not just mocking certain American mindsets and classic sitcom troupes.
>>
>>93244316
You're lying too, there's no progression either.
>>
>>93242259
>much
Not much. It gets pretty old pretty fast, seeing how it's really formulatic. Stan is always doing retarded shit for a seemingly noble cause, Francinde always wants his attention, Steve is always trying to get laid, Haley is always being rebeillious, Roger is always doing retarded shit for an egoitistical cause, Claus is always doing whatever butt monkey jokes they can make up for him.
>>
>>93244427
There's a lot of episodes that contradict with that.
>>
>>93244316

To what extent is Seth involved in any of these shows outside the initial setup and voice acting? To my knowledge he only has written two episodes of Family Guy (pilot and first episode after the revival) and one of American Dad (also pilot). When he was on The Daily Show recently and Family Guy got namedropped to cheers from the audience he just sort of went, "Really?" as if he can't even begin to give a shit about the show anymore.
>>
>>93244427

American Dad in its golden period (season 2 through...I don't know season 8 is the last season that looks like it had anything good) is as good a show as has been on the air in the past decade.
>>
>>93244562
He hasn't given a shit about animation since 2001 and wanted to cancel Family Guy.You are right, but animation is how he is able to do his shitty movies and such. It is his cash cow and he comes up with plot and development. Thinking he is just a voice actor for the shows is not just that, thinking, not facts.

Hate him all you want, cause it is the trendy thing to do when something is huge popular -
human nature tends to do that. However, at least get informed and stop thinking that because it is not in a meme or was said on an image board known for their lack of knowledge and inight then it must not be true.
>>
>>93242296
This episode was FG tier shit. Let's give Hayley cancer. Let's Francine chop of her hand. Why? Why not nothing matters.
>>
>>93244658
stfu seth
>>
>When
Bout halfway through Season One. Stan of Arabia is usually considered the turning point.

>How
It stopped relying so hard on "Stan is a hardcore Republican, and Hayley is a dirty hippie!" as the basis for everything, and just went for character humor. It didn't devolve into a mass of stupid running jokes (Conway Twitty, chicken fight) and lazy cutaways. The humor comes from the characters interacting with each other.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.