[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/co/ raves about a book >it's garbage What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: disappoint.jpg (393KB, 2851x1900px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.jpg
393KB, 2851x1900px
>/co/ raves about a book
>it's garbage

What's her name?
>>
>>93240790
The whole Hickman era was nothing but this. Every bit of horseshit he put to paper was some kind of grand design that should make God blush.

Same with the early slobbering over Slott's superior shit like it was going to reinvent fictional writing.
I wonder where all those sycophants scurried off to.
>>
>>93240790

Catcher in the Rye? Fuck i know? /co/ read comics
>>
>>93240790
hackmans work
superior spider man
deathstroke
>>
>>93240790
Flintstones
>>
>>93240884
Good Lord, this. It was just fashionable cynicism from some Portland hipster.
>>
>>93240790

Archie
Anything with the Punisher in it
>>
>>93240893
>cynicism
so you didnt read it
>>
>>93240852
>The whole Hickman era was nothing but this
>>93240873
>hackmans work
What are yall even fucking talking about? I have seen nothing but baseless hate for it when in truth it's a superb fucking masterpiece, at least his Ultimates & Avengers work.
>>
>>93240913
>superb fucking masterpiece
this. this is what I was talking about
>>
>>93240902
>Capitalism is dumb
>religion is dumb
>ideals are dumb

Yeah, I read it.
>>
>>93240950
>>Capitalism is dumb
sure
>>religion is dumb
parts of it are and in the end it came off good
>>ideals are dumb
wrong
>>
>>93240993
Reading it was like reading transcripts of "This American Life" where it's nothing but some condescending NPR faggot who comes to some self-congratulatory epiphany on his tandem bike ride through Portland and thinks he's got everything figured out. It's just pandering to to a bunch of smugger-then-thou leftist types.
>>
>>93241073
I wonder what it's like to be this self-conscious and repressed.

I'm here for you, man. I mean that. It's never too late.
>>
Most rebirth titles.
>>
>>93241530
>If you don't like my flavor of the month book you have psychological problems

What's it like being this much of a fag?
>>
morrison action comics

i fucking love morrison but holy shit i couldn't make it past 4 issues

ive never been so bored in my life
>>
The Collected Works of Tom King.
>>
>>93241559
If you need to lash out at me, that's fine. Better me than the ones you love.

I honestly want to help you. Just tell me what you need. It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.
>>
>>93241572
You must think Doonsbury is deep, cutting satire.
>>
>>93241593
I can't help you until you CHOOSE to help yourself. Your life is in your own hands, man. Your happiness is your responsibility. You want to blame the world for creating you, but you created yourself. You have that power. And you can do it again. You can still be some fraction of the person you wish to be.

But you can't do it alone. And I can't help you unless you ask. I swear it's so much better on the other side. No fronts, no witticisms, no self-loathing. There IS a good life for you, but the window for finding it is closing.

All you need to do is ask.
>>
>>93240865

comic BOOKs
>>
>>93240893
I mean it was topical for its setting of this is the first time its being tried in history but still this
>>
>>93241560
I couldn't really think of any, but yeah. This.
>>
>>93240900
>Archie

What, you hate mindless fun?

Anyway, for me it's Rebirth in general. I'm predisposed towards DC (current Marvel is just awful), but Rebirth is kinda boring. They've buried almost all the horror and fantasy characters.
>>
>>93240790
>ITT: complain that /co/'s taste doesn't line up with your own
but I guess Hickman's Avengers
>>
>>93240884
Flintstones: Really Makes You Think Edition
>>
>>93240790
Ultimate Spider-Man.
>stories that could've been told in 3 issues MAX get dragged on for six and seven issues.
>dialogue is shit
>Peter's teenage angst sometimes is extremely annoying
>supporting characters are far more interesting than the main character
>villains range from being dull and forgettable to having zero personality.
>Bendis is obviously not having a plan and just making shit up on the fly
I swear, it's nostalgia that makes people think it's some gem.
>>
>>93240852
Hickman's Fantastic Four.
I don't understand where the whole "best FF run ever omg" thing comes from.
The human touch is lost completely because Hickman can only write robots and all is devolved into a boring cosmic story.
>>
>>93240950
>>93241073
So you didn't read it or have illiteracy problems.
>>
>>93240852
>I wonder where all those sycophants scurried off to.

CBR
>>
File: 078.png (199KB, 435x385px) Image search: [Google]
078.png
199KB, 435x385px
>>93240790
>Bone
>Transmetropolitan
>Nextwave
>Supergod
>Invincible
>I hate Fairyland
>Transformers: Husbando Wars (MTMTE)
>Archie
>52
>Infinite Crisis
>Deadpool
>>
Punisher MAX
>>
>>93240790
The Vision
>>
File: 0ce.png (105KB, 430x403px) Image search: [Google]
0ce.png
105KB, 430x403px
I kill Giants.

There, I said it.
>>
>>93240790
SCALPED
>>
>>93240790
Batman RIP. I remember reading it and thinking it was the biggest piece of shit, and lo and behold /co/ treats it like a masterpiece.
>>
>>93242841
>Bone
Fuck you I love Bone

>I Hate Fairyland
People praise this?

>Invincible
It's great for about two arcs, then randomly becomes Edge: The Series and becomes trash
>>
>>93244944
Also DC Rebirth. Everyone acts like it's a return to form, but most of the comics are bad, and so many of them are bogged down with convoluted tie-ins.
>>
>>93242796
>You didn't read it.

I read it. It was like a series of Salon editorials.
>>
>>93242894
this desu
>>
>>93240884
>>93240900
You shut your fucking mouths both of you
>>
>>93240790
Cerebus. It ranged from pretty decent to straight up /r9k/ tier self pity
>>
>>93240790
Oh and Chew. It's worse than most Web comics, I would legitimately be more entertained reading Dumbing Of Age
>>
>>93240884
ding ding ding
>>
>>93240790
Sheriff of Babylon
>>
Folks, we're reaching levels of shit taste I didn't even know were possible
>>
File: 1496840090514.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1496840090514.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93240950
>religion is dumb
The entire fucking point of the last issue was that neither science nor faith have all the answers, it's all just us trying our best to find meaning in life and bring out the best in one another.
>>
Anything by Ewing.
>>
>>93240884
THIS

>hahah goofy cartoon talking about deep mature philosophical things hahaha
>>
>>93242841
All of these, except that Bone is decent. I wouldn't recommend it to adults looking for fantasy comics, but I would happily recommend it to children.
>>
Rucka's Punisher.
Actually, make that Rucka's anything. I don't get his appeal at all. He's like second-rate Brubaker but with a fetish for bland "tuff" female characters.
>>
>>93247402
Oh, so it's just hippie bullshit then. Don't look for any real answers, just be guiided by your sentiments.
>>
>>93241073
It's funny that you say that when the only party he outright vilified were hipsters. The final issue ended with members of the church, government, business, and scientific community all acting reasonably and demonstrating the inherent good of their field. Meanwhile, there was an enter chapter about gentrification, and the only conclusion it had was that hipsters and ignorant yuppies are the worst.
>>
>>93247945
>White man from portland complains about hipsters and gentrification

Wow. How novel.
>>
>>93247828
>Don't look for any real answers,

They didn't say that.
>>
>>93247987
"be a good person, lol!" is the same basic bitch philosophy that everybody retreats into to avoid difficult or uncomfortable questions.
>>
>>93247987
The actually said the opposite of that like two pages before the one you posted, but you're kind of bad at arguing and left yourself pretty open to that criticism. Even now you're simply refuting your detractors with a "nuh-uh" when you should be making some kind of point.
>>
>>93244994
>two tie-ins
Man that sure is a lot of tie ins
>>
>>93242771
THIS. I have no idea why people jerk this off, is it actually nostalgia? I read it two years ago as an adult and I regretted the hours on it. It's not bad but it's not great, probably mediocre or OK
>>
That comic with the witch and the owl. Unfunny fucking garbage.
>>
We should perma ban most people in this thread desu
>>
>>93242771
FUCKING THIS

There is literally a conversation entirely about "what if a mutant could have the power of being horny?"

Bendis is a hack.
>>
>>93248074
I mean stories in general, faggot. They try to mainstream everything without explaining the things that they toss in from previous stories.
>>
>>93240884
Fucking this
>lel look how cynical I am and here have a muh feels scene each issue.
>>
The Vision.

King really, really wants to be Raymond Carver.
>>
>>93248813
>>93247966
Is there a name for criticism formatted like this?
>>
>>93248911
Greentexting?
>>
>>93248911
"Fucking this" is sometimes used by the same person to show defense of their own post.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.