[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This chump is gonna get a Rebirth solo before Wally, Shazam,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: ff5f1f2d30633d1f3e1c35469fa4f8e5.jpg (250KB, 1988x997px) Image search: [Google]
ff5f1f2d30633d1f3e1c35469fa4f8e5.jpg
250KB, 1988x997px
This chump is gonna get a Rebirth solo before Wally, Shazam, the JSA, Legion of Superheroes, Tim Drake or his era of Titans, or the Question.
>>
>>93240308
Also Swamp Thing.
>>
>>93240308
Tell us more, O DC insider anon.
>>
>>93240420
I recommend knowing what you are talking about before trying to epic burn OP. You look like an idiot.
>>
>>93240308
legion of superheroes is the only that matters, but they will never give to us
>>
>Shazam
We're never getting a solo again. I'm fairly certain once the MCU Captain Marvel comes out, they're going to bury the property for a long, long time.
>>
>>93240308

WUZ BATZMAN NOWZ
>>
>>93240420
Snyder already said that Metal would lead into his solo. Stay current normalfag
>>
>>93240308
I'd rather have good stories and creative teams for Wally, Shazam, the JSA, Legion of Superheroes, Tim Drake or his era of Titans, or the Question instead of something rushed out to spite Batman's last child soldier first ongoing.
>>
>>93240308
Duke was better when he was with the We Are Robin crew.
>>
>>93240488
>sue Fawcett for the rights
>sit on them for twenty years so marvel can steal the name
>fart out a solo mini reboot every half decade
>"wtf guys why isn't shazam selling????"
>>
>>93240550
That Duke was a whole different character.
>>
>>93240540
Quick post writers you'd love to see on these characters.
>Shazam
Garth Ennis.
>>
>>93240621
>ywn see Dillan draw the childlike cheerful face of Captain Marvel
>>
>>93240308
Legit surprised there isn't a pitch for a solo Question series since she's hispanic AND gay. Figure the PC crowd would be in the streets demanding it.
>>
>>93240308
So why does this bother you? Have you read the book? Know the plot and premise? Or are you just a butthurt fanboi who is venting due to 'muh favrite heroes' not getting a book?
>>
>>93240808
Who would write it? Azzerello? Benette? Conor? Waid?
>>
>>93240808
Cucka doesn't have time.
>>
>>93240840
Why are you defending a book you haven't even read?
>>
>>93240308
>Shazam

ITS CAPTAIN MAREL

AND GIVE ME A EARTH-5 THUNDERWORLD BOOK

OR GET ME JERRY ORDWAY BACK
>>
>>93240308

Wasn't he the main character in We Are Robin? Doesn't that count?
>>
>>93240961
>GIVE ME A EARTH-5 THUNDERWORLD BOOK
What writer? Steve Orlando? Conor and Palmiotti?
>>
>>93241068
Mark Russel would be a great fit.
>>
>>93241090
Nah. Too political satirey.
>>
Tom king makes jokes About the robin fans on twitter Today for this duke cancer.King is a cunt that sucks synders cock.
>>
>>93240308
Outside of Drake, he's the only one tied to Batman. Of course he's gonna get a book first.

And Drake is redundant.
>>
File: captainmarvel1.jpg (73KB, 344x514px) Image search: [Google]
captainmarvel1.jpg
73KB, 344x514px
>>93240567
The actual story is a bit weirder

>DC sues Fawcett for Marvel copying Superman.
>Fawcett initially wins, retrial goes to DC but another trial needed to determine specifics
>Fawcett says fuck it since Superheroes aren't selling in the 50s, settle out of court with DC and agree to stop publishing Captain Marvel (but still own the character)
>60s hit, Superheroes popular again, but Fawcett can't make CM books because of agreement with DC
>Trademark lapses, other companies jump on the name, like pic related
>Marvel ends up winning out in the end
>In 72 DC finally decides to license CM from Fawcett, but neither own the trademark, forcing DC to use the word Shazam
>By 90s series Power of Shazam, DC fully owns the character, world, and stories
>But not the trademark
>>
On the other hand, if he does get his own book, the guy's one of, like, two non-legacy characters to have one. And Mother Panic's getting zero attention at all.
>>
>>93240488
Please DC, you can just call him Captain Thunder, i think everyone would understand why the change and they'll be fine with it.
>>
>>93240540
>>
>>93242813
Why DC doesn't call him that now? I mean they did call him Captain Thunder on Flashpoint, right?
>>
>>93242856
Exactly, it's just so strange we didn't get anything of him during rebirth.

I can only wonder if it has anything to do with the movie, but isn't that not even coming out until 2019?
>>
So do you think he'll end up an OC or a legacy hero?
I could still see him Legacy-ing a forgotten Golden age hero even after all this OC talk
>>
>>93241090
Save him for Plas or The Creeper.
>>
>>93240540
But those aren't Barry and Thawne
>>
>>93243021
Too obvious and shoehorning. Something that up until recently was left in the cold, and can roll with both serious and cynical punches. JSA would've been perfect.
>>
>>93242813
>you can just call him Captain Thunder
I don't give a shit if they call him Captain Fuckface, as long as I get to read a good Shazam ongoing.
>>
>>93240540
>Good stories and good creative teams
LOL It's DC. They'll put Venditti, Williamson, Orlando, Tomasi, Dogfucker and Lobdell on them.
>>
>>93242813
>Captain Thunder
Terrible name.
>>
>>93240308
Good.

They tried to reboot SHAZAM. It was awful.
The JSA is coming, obviously. They can't stop dropping hints about it. Expect a series within a year or so.
Same for LoS.
Let them wait and fix the Question. They fucked up New 52 Question on a massive scale and he's difficult to get right. Better to wait and hope they pick a decent writer and better plot direction.
Tim Drake hasn't been readable in 12 years and hasn't been relevant in 6. And you calling them his generation of Titans and not the Young Justice generation says everything about where your opinion should go.
>>
>>93243697
better than calling him shazam
>>
>>93240308
Why does his costume look so utter shit?
>>
>>93240308
Of course, he's an immortal man.
>>
>>93240621
Ennis would turn Billy into even more of a shitty little kid that needs a spanking
>>
>>93240308
Before Cass too
>>
>>93242813
Captain thunder is the name the fanbase has been expecting to be used since the 70s, its tied to the character. Shazam was an insult. Johns was being a bitch in a way not even winnick and his Freddy were
>>
>>93243544
You don't care becouse you are not a fan of the character, it's valid, but you would be mad if superman name is changed to kryptonian
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.