[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some anon on here gave me a decent image that covered all issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Some anon on here gave me a decent image that covered all issues of a sorta anthology of previous GOTG stuff, like Thanos's origins and shit.

Thing is, I don't give a flying fuck about how Thanos became the big bad, I just wanna read about say, how Rocket became a weird genetically altered raccoon, or how Groot came about 'working' for him, or Gamora's backstory, that sort of thing.
>>
>>93239121
alot of that stuff is in various older comics, you're gonna have to go to a wiki and look up individual issue appearances for each character
>>
>>93239213
Gosh darn it.
>>
>>93239121
>how Rocket became a weird genetically altered raccoon
He was created like that from birth, I think. It's in his own mini from the 80s.

>or how Groot came about 'working' for him
WITH him. That's from Annihilation Conquest: Starlord, where th GotG sorta came to be.

>Gamora's backstory
That goes a bit far back.

>a sorta anthology of previous GOTG stuff
That's probably what you gotta read to have a good clue. Start with Annihilation and go through everything until Thanos Imperative. That's the cosmic run that inspired the movies to happen anyway.
>>
>>93239121
You might try looking through a list of key issues like this one:
http://www.totalcomicmayhem.com/2013/10/key-issue-comics-of-guardians-of-galaxy.html

Little to none of it is guaranteed canon anymore but that's comics.
>>
>>93239121
Yeah all of that stuff is super old and might probably not reflect the new retconned status quo.

Like in Rocket's case he was born that way and it was his ancestors who were genetically manipulated. Rocket in the older comics is actually pretty stable and pampered and not a little angry thief.

Gamora's backstory goes a bit back too, all you need to know is that her people got wiped by the Badoon (originally it was the Universal Church of Truth) and she was the sole survivor. Thanos found her and took her in (and he's actually a pretty OK dad).

There's a story called Yule memory which shows a story were Thanos finding a doll that used to belong to Gamora and starts remembering her when she was a kid, you can read it here

http://travisellisor.tumblr.com/post/154713309375/yule-memory-originally-presented-in-marvel

There's also one were she runs off from Thanos' ship while visiting a town and gets assaulted by some guys then Thanos kills them and picks her battered and broken body (there's implied rape too), that story pretty much sets up why Thanos gave her cybernetic enhancements (to fix her broken body and so she would be stronger and not as vulnerable).

If it's by Starlin and it has Gamora (or Drax for that matter), just read it.

Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax meet in Annhilation, Groot, Rocket, and Star-Lord meet in Annihilation Conquest: Star-Lord, but they don't all become a team until after Annihilation Conquest in DnA's GotG.
>>
>>93239121
>MCU fag has shit taste

News at 11
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.