[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did John Lasseter ever recover from this? http://fuckyeahjoh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Johnny Boy.jpg (453KB, 836x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Boy.jpg
453KB, 836x1150px
Did John Lasseter ever recover from this?
http://fuckyeahjohnlasseter.tumblr.com/
>>
>rich people shitflinging

yawn
>>
I think that, by virtue of the fact that he was friends with Steve Jobs, we can safely assume that John Lasseter is a nasty cunt of a person who will rot in hell if it exists. Not sure I see the point of this blog though. Really it makes the creator look worse than John Lasseter.
>>
>>93236482
Yes. People got fired over it.
>>
>>93237328
>an answer to my question
Fucking finally, thank you for being the first anon in this thread to actually have the IQ to answer me.
>>
>>93236482
Wait so one of his employees did this?
>>
>>93237467
It was more than one. It was a few of the people at Pixar.
>>
>>93236482
>hating on Pete Docter
I can understand Lasseter to an extent but that dude is the greatest, what is the artist's problem?
>>
>>93237524
Wow, harsh. So was he really as horrible a boss as this portrays him?
>>
lol so savage...

proof pixar culture is OVER
>>
>>93236482
Is this vore?
>>
File: tumblr_lp5kemeIE01qka7pco1_1280.jpg (448KB, 740x1068px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lp5kemeIE01qka7pco1_1280.jpg
448KB, 740x1068px
>>93236482
>>93237328
Fucking hell. If i had my own multi-million dollar i would use it to shitpost once in a while, then again i am a 4channer (retarded homosexual). Like in-between making films, I would have a film-festival where animators would make adult-films where they basically fling shit amongst themselves and other studios. Just thinking about a bunch of Pixar animators making films where they rag on Dreamworks and Illumination.
>>
>>93236482
Just seems like an anti blog, unless it's from someone who actually worked with him.
>>
File: Goyim.jpg (105KB, 578x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Goyim.jpg
105KB, 578x1280px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>93237581
Absolutely.
>>
>>93237581
He is fucking frustrating with his absolute NEED for actual perfection in absolutely everything, and he wants it in 4 days. He overworks his staff and treats them like shit for not living up to impossible standards.

And he loves to belittle and talk shit to employees who are not living to that standard.
>>
File: Ohwow.jpg (39KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
Ohwow.jpg
39KB, 562x437px
These are gold.

Anyone got any horror stories relating to their jobs in the animation or comic book making industry?
>>
>>93240105
I swear there's an anime director with that same drive for perfection but i can't recall who.
>>
>>93240563
You're thinking of Shigeru Miyamoto
>>
>>93236482
So who is this guy for those that are just filthy casuals when it comes to animation
>>
>>93240563
John Kricfaulusi
>>
>>93241435
head honcho at Pixar
>>
>>93240733

Shigeru Miyamoto isn't exactly ยด"perfection", he just has a very outdated way of thinking, shitty rules and a big ego.

He says fun games should be simple and functional, and that history, graphics and luxures are just "gimmcks". He is obsessed with innovation and tradition at the same time, but he does not think that we should "waste" effort working on either of this factors, a game is a game, and nothing else.

Thank god he didn't worked in the last Zelda and in the future Mario.
>>
>>93242289
>fun games should be simple and functional, and that history, graphics and luxures are just "gimmcks"
I fail to see a single thing wrong with this line of thinking
>>
>>93243995
It's a good way to develop games but not every type of game needs to be that way.
>>
>>93242289
What do you mean with "history" and "luxures" in the context of game design?
>>
>>93244337
I think what he meant was the growth and evolutions in game development since the 1980s.

Miyamoto follows a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mindset to an insane degree, to the point where he refuses any sort of progress that has been made since he was an actual developer.

The easiest example with Miyamoto is his staunch stance on story in games. He believes that story only serves as a detriment to the game as a whole, and though I may agree with him in some cases, the idea that an rpg should have a story is just plain stupid.
>>
>>93245111
>the idea that an rpg should never* have a story
Meant to say that

Also, Miyamoto is known for throwing his weight around a lot. No one is going to argue with the creator of Mario, even if he doesn't really know all that much about the modern gaming landscape.
>>
>>93236482
>tumblr
eat a box of nails
>>
>>93240105

Story time?
>>
>>93244238
Good games need to be that way.
>>
>>93236482
recover from what? one random employee making less than a dozen halfassed doodles?
>>
>>93236482
DELETE THIS
DELETE THIS
DELETE THIS
DELETE THIS
DELETE THIS
>>
>>93245403

Well not every game has to be tailored to your specific taste.
>>
NEW KELLOG'S APPLEJACKS

A BOWL OF
>>
>>93245111
I thought he was the guy who always wanted shit to change?

Just like how he changed Paper Mario to garbage that is sticker star and refuse to go back.
>>
>>93240105
Sounds like you've got a story to tell anon, let's here it. I need more proof John is a dick.
>>
>>93236482
Holy shit, what the fuck is this shit I'm dying.
>>
>>93245778
Paper Mario was ruined from Super Paper Mario. One of the greatest sub-plots in gaming doesn't excuse totally forgoing the turn-based strategy RPG gameplay we loved.
>>
>>93240105
As interesting as that sounds,
how do we know it wasn't an employee exaggerating?
I'm not defending Lasseter but a boss will need to be a hard ass at times.
Are there other stories?
>>
>>93237328
Source?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.