[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimate question: Why do people like Miles Morales? Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Sad Miles.png (2MB, 575x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Miles.png
2MB, 575x1331px
Legitimate question: Why do people like Miles Morales? Why does his book sell? Is it from a generation of new readers who are more familiar with him and not Peter? Because I dont see the appeal, and his constant presence gets annoying at times. He feels like a underdeveloped character from an elseworlds coasting on a brand name to me.
>>
>>93231893
>Why do people like Miles Morales?
Diversity points plus some dumb "if he was given a better writer he'd be better" reason. Which, the way I see it, why not give that better writer a character people actually like?

>Why does his book sell?

The book is titled "Spider-Man"

>Is it from a generation of new readers who are more familiar with him and not Peter?

No on is more familiar with Miles than Peter.

>Because I dont see the appeal
There is none.

>and his constant presence gets annoying at times.

Hense why a lot of people on /co/ have a hate boner.
>>
>>93231893
Why do you like Judge Dredd, anon?
>>
>>93232417
So basically people who are still reading are those desperately hoping Miles becomes interesting again like in Ultimates.
>>93232443
>I have no answer, so I'll answer with a question
>>
>>93232497
Exactly, because you think it's a compelling series. That's fine and everything. Equally fine is not liking Action Comics or whatever.

What is not fine is posting "MILES A SHIT" threads literally every fucking day.
>>
>>93231893
>Why do people like Miles Morales?

People like miles? Where are they, Ultimate Universe? Never met 'em.
>>
>>93231893
In addition to being he's black, he's also completely inoffensive. He's a milquetoast character, either completely bland or at best a Peter Parker lite. But since people are so desperate to like Black Spider-man they latch on to vague descriptions to justify liking him. "He's relatable", "he's a nice kid", sometimes they just say he's "likeable" and leave it at that. He's as generic a kid hero as can be. But I guess that's just not a deal breaker for some people if they love the concept so much. Does Miles even have an origin story now that he's in 616?
>>
>>93231893
Because he's black
Bendis' name still sells
He is underdeveloped and cannot exist outside of Peter's shadow as he is atm. he needs his own rogues gallery and adventures separate from Peter and the rest of the marvel universe.
>>
>>93231893
I dunno, I find him to be super boring. Like, literally, whats his personality outside "I want to be Spiderman"?
>>
>>93232497
Basically yeah, Miles fags are worse than normal Spider-Fags. They're advanced Spider-Fags.
>>
>>93232549
He didn't answer you you assclown because your question is so unbearable inane, that's not a cue for you to act like you won an argument.

JudgeDred is a unique comic with a lot of good stories and characters behind it, Miles is a hollow rip off of another character built on the back of diversity. It's like comparing a fine vintage wine to fucking pabst.
>>
>>93232773
He needs to not be spiderman, since it makes no sense for him to be spider man now. Shame the only good way to intergrate this was thrown away by Bendis ignoring continuity again.
>>
I still unironically believe Miles and Ult. Jessica Drew should have teamed up and became the Ultimate Black Widows.
>>
>>93231893
Back when he was in the Ultimate universe he was pretty cool because he was building on the legacy of the Spider-Man name while still being his own guy, with his own cast and problems.

Now he really doesn't have any of that any more. Honestly it would've worked a lot better if they wanted him in 616 by having him be Pete's sidekick. Maybe do a thing where Pete's like "I won't be able to do this forever, so I'm training you to take over if anything happens to me" sort of thing.
>>
>>93232497
>becomes interesting again like in Ultimates.
But he wasn't interesting in the Ultimate universe either.
>>
>>93232986
Its the go to example when Milesfags talk about the good stuff. Personally I dont care for Ultimates
>>
>>93232549
>replies to an answer that doesn't exist
This is a bizzare post.
>>
>>93233013
Not anymore. Now the go to is his guest appearance in Totally Awesome Hulk....for whatever reason.

They literally could have swapped Miles out for any street level character that jokes and it would have been the absolute same.
>>
>>93232945
>while still being his own guy,
He wasn't his own guy. He wasn't anything.

>with his own cast and problems.
He had his mom, who died. His dad, who abandoned him. His uncle, who died. And his best friend who is just a quirky fat kid. That's it.

Everyone else, everyone who mattered and actually did something, was part of Peter's cast.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.