[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>peter should be a billionaire hes so smart! >becomes billionaire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: PI.jpg (522KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PI.jpg
522KB, 790x1200px
>peter should be a billionaire hes so smart!
>becomes billionaire
>WAAH NOT MUH SPIDERMAN RUINED THE CHARACTER
Really makes you think
>>
We have it because it won't last.
Sooner or later Peter will go back to poverty.
>>
>>93230800
>we are a hivemind

No but you are a moron.
>>
>>93230800
Slott good ideas shit execution.
>>
>>93230800
He doesn't become a billionaire by his own means, retard.
>>
Ted Kord/Blue Beetle is basically billionaire Peter Parker/Spiderman
>>
>>93230854
Pretty much this, it could've been so much more if somebody could've pried this from Slott's gross sausage fingers.
>>
>>93230800
My, what a shitty logo they came up with
>>
>>93230800
I honestly FUCKING LOVE the idea but the execution is fucking terrible. Slott is not doing anything interesting with this status quo. This could have been one of the best Spider-Man runs ever if written by someone competent.
>>
>>93230800
My problem wasn't/isn't with him becoming a billionaire, although I can't say that's something I ever personally asked for, It's with him being cut off from or that his personal life is greatly diminished in this incarnation. And hey, maybe it makes since logically that being a super hero and the president of a tech empire would leave him with little time to get for friends and family but it still makes for a less interesting story dynamic. And in my opinion outside of the jokes and action of Spider-Man it was what made his books so compelling. I like when he's trying to balance doing what's right as a hero with doing right by his loved ones.
>>
I don't object to a story where Peter becomes very successful.

I do object to him becoming a shitty Iron Man rip off.
>>
>>93230800
I don't know anyone who ever said he should be a billionaire because he's smart.
>>
it should be more like the Red Cross and Peter shouldn't be a billionaire but just well of because of it
>>
File: Blue_Beetle_LAW.png (145KB, 300x473px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Beetle_LAW.png
145KB, 300x473px
So turn him into Blue Beetle?
>>
I didnt want Peter to be rich to begin with.
>>
>>93230914
This
>>
I said I wanted Peter to be college professor. Not a lame Iron Man rip off.
>>
>>93230800
This is why I preferred the Horizon Labs angle. I was tired of broke Peter, it was nice to see him live a comfortable life thanks to his intellect. But then they just made him Tony Stark 2.0
>>
File: wojak.png (824KB, 720x681px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
824KB, 720x681px
>>93230800

>being smart makes you a billionaire

?????????
>>
>>93232447
Isn't he like superdupermega-smart?
Smart enough to work with that leader dude of the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>93230800
I wouldn't complain if Spider-Man was creator owned and allowed to actualy grown naturally.

But it is Big 2 Capeshit. It will all disappears anyway, nothing is really that important. So what is the point of following the character? In some years he won't even be written by the same person.
>>
>>93230985
>I do object to him becoming a shitty Iron Man rip off.
The trend of trying to turn Parker into a mini-Stark in both the comics and the MCU is incredibly fucking disturbing to me.
>>
>>93232479

Being smart doesn't make you rich. Wealth is much more a function of impulsiveness and greed.
>>
>>93232481
Perter had 30+ years of pretty natural progression. He went through highschool, college, had courtships, got married got a steady job Its why the whole OMD thing was so frustrating.
>>
>>93232605
hahaha what
>>
>>93230800
>peter should be a billionaire hes so smart!
Nah sorry no one's ever said this.
>>
>>93230800
Only retards who don't understand what made Spider-Man work wanted another Tony Stark.
>but he's a genius, he must be super-rich
Because smart (and I mean confirmed high 140+ IQ smart) people never punch below their weight.
Spider-Man worked because his struggles were relatable to an average person. If I wanted Batman or Iron Man, I'd read them instead.
>>
>>93230800
Who the fuck said he should be a billionaire? Fucking nobody. Nobody was stupid enough to think that would be interesting, it's just what the writer wants to happen, not what makes a good character or story. It's fanfic-level dogshit writing.
>>
\6>>93232645

You need to take huge risks to make lots of money. I don't know why you have a hard time understanding that. Most new businesses fail. A very small portion of them make lots of money. The ones who have a chance at being in that small portion of profitable business owners need to be impulsive enough to go up against really terrible odds in the first place. If you take any random very wealthy person who didn't just passively inherit their wealth, you can make a very good prediction that this random person will have high impulsiveness.
>>
>>93230800
Because nerds are perpetual butthurt generators
>1. "Ah, time to read some good old [superhero] comics!"
>2. "WTF I remember this storyline from years ago! Fucking hacks!"
>3. Publisher changes the status quo.
>4. "Oh boy, something new and different! Time to read the new [superhero] comics!"
>5. Publisher changes the status quo even more.
>6. "WTF this is garbage, [superhero] would NEVER do that! I'm not buying this shit anymore!"
>7. Publisher does a reboot/reset/whatever.
>8. "Ah, finally back to the way [superhero] was supposed to be." Start at 1 again.
>>
File: peterfags.jpg (49KB, 960x331px) Image search: [Google]
peterfags.jpg
49KB, 960x331px
>>
File: exetremejustice0_p00.jpg (1MB, 1024x1570px) Image search: [Google]
exetremejustice0_p00.jpg
1MB, 1024x1570px
>>93231069
Well, 90s DC tried to turn Ted into Spider-man.
>>
>>93232447

Being science-smart and not a lazy piece of shit tends to put you on the right track.
>>
>>93233118

No it doesn't. Scientists, engineers, and medical doctors are all pretty smart and the vast majority of them aren't anywhere close to being billionaires. You're falling for a rich=smart meme. Non-inheritance billionaires have the personality traits of extroversion, impulsiveness, and low sensitivity to reward so that they feel the need to accomplish more than the average person. High intelligence in contrast is more associated with introversion and high sensitivity to reward, like autists who don't want to go outside and are way more turned off by sensitivity to the stress of social feedback than they are attracted to the rewards of it. You can imagine a spectrum running from extreme autism to extreme psychopathy with intelligent people clumping towards the autism end and billionaires gravitating around the psychopathy pole.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.