[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's that cartoon or movie whose dubbing you like better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What's that cartoon or movie whose dubbing you like better in a language that isn't English?
>>
I liked the Russian Moana dub. Especially the songs.
>>
>>93221370
Most Disney movies. Lion King specifically, just for Scar's voice.
>>
Wakfu
>>
>>93221370

For some reason I really like the German dub of MLAATR despite the fact Jenny's English VA is amazing.
>>
>>93221370
The German version of The Last Unicorn was quite great, Christopher Lee was King Haggard in the German dub, playing the same role as in the English version.
Also, Be Prepared in The Lion King sounded really great in Japanese.
I also really loved the Russian version of Anastasia, especially when Anastasia starts singing Once Upon a December.
And both Beauty and the Beast and Mulan sounded great in Mandarin.
Beauty and the Beast also sounds great in French, especially Belle's voice.
>>
Every dub of HTTYD because Jay Baruchel is a fucking faggot
>>
dutch spongebob dub, but that could just be because i grew up with it
>>
>>93221370
German Spongebob.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931Sr0WnV-4
>>
>>93221370
Emperor's New Groove in it's entirety has one of the best Brazilian dubs out of any Disney movie.
This was back when voice actors had a lot of freedom to change the voice lines and work around them to make the script flow better in Portuguese, and change cultural expressions or references to adapt those Brazilian audiences would understand better. And since Emperor's New Groove is composed almost entirely of jokes and comedic expressions, the whole movie was practically rewritten for the Brazilian dub. Nowadays the studios are more anal about this and the VAs don't have as much freedom anymore, but back then this was common practice.

I never understood why so many people didn't like Kuzco until I watched the original version with David Spade. In the Brazilian dub, he was also voiced by a comedian, but a genuinely funny and talented one who made all the difference in the character. Watch this video and even if you don't understand what he's saying I think the difference still comes through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQA5C76GlL0
>>
And on the subject of Brazilian dubs, another one I'd like to mention is the dub for Ed Edd n Eddy.
One of the practices that studios used to allow and now they don't is that voice actors were allowed to record their character conversations together, which of course allowed the dialogue to run more smoothly and allowed them to change it in case they had to change an expression or if a character's delivery was stilted.
Ed Edd n Eddy was recorded like this and it was what allowed to match the show's comedic pacing and make up their own versions of the show's comedic non-sequiturs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG7wRBSvSdE

Nowadays, they only allow one person to be in the recording booth, and they all have to record separately. This makes things easier for the editors but I think it diminishes potential for comedy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.