[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Ashi really ruin the show like /co/ says? Personally I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 24747283236357.png (104KB, 1086x516px) Image search: [Google]
24747283236357.png
104KB, 1086x516px
Did Ashi really ruin the show like /co/ says? Personally I think she would've been better if she kept the attitude she had at the beginning towards the end. She should've kept the whole bitchy attitude then warm up to Jack towards the end. It's important to have contrast between characters.
>>
>>93220849
she did ruin it
>>
No. Show was fine. CO just expected Shakespeare from a cartoon.
>>
File: just fuck my ending up fam.jpg (14KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my ending up fam.jpg
14KB, 300x400px
>>93220849
She was a symptom of other problems, mainly the horrid pacing that plagued season 5. Her final fight with her mother was underwhelming, her fight with Jack and powah of wub resolution sucked, the BTTF disappearing time ripple was pretentious as fuck too.
>>
File: asdaf.png (1MB, 993x751px) Image search: [Google]
asdaf.png
1MB, 993x751px
>>93221570
>CO
>>
>>93221570
No, /co/ expected either the same thing as the original show, or something new with enough quality; and got neither
>>
File: consider the following.png (203KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
203KB, 500x471px
>>93220849
The idea of Ashi isn't a horrible one, but it was done in probably the worst way possible.
>>
I feel like the show changed its style and it doesn't mesh with original episodes. The tone was different and it stopped being about a new bad guy each episode thing.

Did this season need to be more mature to cater to the now adult fans? I don't think it needed to. When you look at the old episodes and then the new ones, you can see a significant difference. It's jarring, to say the least. I get that it was being aired on Adult Swim instead of the regular programming, but

I would have just made more bad guy of the week episodes with some semblance of progression to the ultimate task. It started off well with Scaramouch, but then it dragged on with not much being all that memorable. I can think of countless bad guys from the old episodes, but I can't think of any except for Scaramouch and the girls.

Also I just rewatched the very first three episodes and they say implicitly that Aku can't be killed, but somehow he's dead now. Oh well.
>>
Outside of /co/, the show saw incredible ratings and success among viewers and critics alike.

So, I'm guessing no, she didn't actually ruin it.

Maybe wasn't handled as well as she could have been, but it's not like she nuked the show from orbit.
>>
>>93221871
I expected what the poster told me, a lost Jack
>>
>>93220849
most of us who feel disapointed about the new jack don`t really care for ashi,is the ending what we hated,the whole jack going back to the past and erasing the timeline.
>>
>>93221919

I fell the same way, the problem wasn't Ashi, it was how she was implemented as the plot progressed
>>
>>93222150
Outside of /co/, everything that isn't TTG sees incredible ratings. Not exactly a high standard.
>>
>>93220849
I was okay with Ashi being spared.
I thought the episode where she learns that Jack is a hero then arrives to stop him from committing seppuku was okay.
I tolerated the romance shoe-horned in at the last minute.
It was the finale that ruined it for me.

I was expecting the fore-shadowed Immortal God-King Jack and got a poorly executed Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ending. Jack going back to the past and killing Aku made the entire show pointless. All those characters he saved from Aku's reign ceased to exist as Ashi did. It was a huge let-down.
>>
>you have all the powers of Aku!
>...
>I have all the powers of Aku!
>show ends
>>
>>93223208
This is my problem. I can forgive the fact that they pushed Aishi as much as they did, and even "erasing the timeline," since it was ALWAYS about going back to the past. But fuck knowing how to use every power under her disposal fucking instantly and ending the series by those lines.
>>
>>93220849
Reminder that if you didn't work on the show you have literally no right to complain
>>
File: IMG_5434.png (176KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5434.png
176KB, 500x536px
>>93220849
Better version imo
>>
>>93223351
Reminder that one of the executive producers in charge of quality control gave the last 4 episodes the green light without looking at any of the content because he didn't want to spoil the story for himself
>>
The ending was great, people are mad because it didn't live up to how they imagined it might end with King Jack beating down Aku and using the Guardian's portal or whatever. It's just what happens when you let people have ten years to think something over before you finally make the official ending- it will never live up to people's hype.

>>93223259
>>93223208
So did you want a training episode or something?
>>
>>93223437
Well maybe something a little less playground make believe than "I have all the powers"

Honestly the ending wasn't great. It was a bit rushed and left unanswered questions.
>>
>>93223462
It's an action show, there are no questions that need to be answered. Aku is dead.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.