[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any characters that change size or shape and have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Are there any characters that change size or shape and have a costume built with that in mind?

I've been trying to get some ideas for a game I'm working on, and I thought comics would be a perfect place to look, but so far everything I've seen is just some magic spandex. Well the Hulk just explodes out of his clothes every time but then he's got nothing but his shorts when he's calmed down.
>>
>>93220086

Yeah, either their powers are magic and their clothes morphs with them, their powers are science based and their clothes are designed that way, or magic spandex.

Now if you want to bounce ideas off each other we could do that. Like the character wears a loose sort of robe that is really just a long sheet wrapped around them, and when they size up they just adjust the sheet accordingly so they preserve their modesty.
>>
>>93220086
Hank Pym and all of Hank Pym's coattail riders.
Reed Richards.
>>
>>93220086
unstable molecules

its what the fantastic four wear

fire proof too
>>
>>93220086
I think with reed the suit works along with his powers. pym particles change the size of the person and clothing accordingly. kamala makes her uniform with powers (she is naked then?)
>>
>>93220086
MCU hulk has like spandex shorts.
>>
>>93220213
Didn't Medusa give her a costume?
>>
Oh yeah, like the ant man suit is the one that does the shrinking. But I was thinking more along the lines of something more like something that has to be adjusted or has some parts that break away but not everything. Like what this guy (>>93220150) is talking about. Or like how you can have a totally metal watch band but it's designed in a way that stretches to like twice its size.
>>
File: watch.jpg (385KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
watch.jpg
385KB, 800x800px
>>93220275
Like this kind that has a solid face and then the insides can be squeezed apart.
The idea is that the main character is going to be a metal eater and instead of being killed by enemy bullets they gain weight and you're penalized with more difficult platforming and platforms breaking underneath you and stuff. I'm trying to think of some kind of outfit that can snap back and forth pretty easily that isn't just super spandex or practically naked.
>>
>>93220275
what kinda body changing is your character doing. is it like giantism? or hulk out? or stretchy powers? spandex is obvious. maybe seams that tear away letting folds of fabric unfold to expand the costume.
>>
>>93220310

So they absorb metal? Why not just make the metal armor they extrude and that how they get weighed down? Start off as something simple and make the armor larger and more elaborate as they absorb more until they are pretty much a Space Marine or an Iron Maiden and can't move.
>>
>>93220086
>Are there any characters that change size or shape and have a costume built with that in mind?

What do you mean "built with that in mind?" Surely you don't just mean "changes size with them" like these idiots >>93220150
>>93220204
>>93220213
>>
File: RCO007_1469308419.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO007_1469308419.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>93220213
>kamala makes her uniform with powers (she is naked then?)

Um, no. What gave you that idea? Because it certainly wasn't the comics.
>>
>>93220360
The most important reason is to differentiate the positive abilities you have and the negative repercussions of getting hit by an enemy attack. And a minor reason is that if you shoot a machine gun at a tank most of it is going to be deflected away, not stack up like bullet stalagmites.
>>
>>93220376

You are quite obviously a retard, save us all some time and go back to jerking it to traps.
>>
>>93220433

Good points. So we know they absorb metal passively, and that they grow bigger while being shot. Looks like it's going to have to be magic spandex. Can't be metal or they would absorb it, can't be cloth or it would be destroyed by bullets.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.