[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the first two episodes of Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: guardians_of_the_galaxy_3.jpg (157KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
guardians_of_the_galaxy_3.jpg
157KB, 670x377px
Are the first two episodes of Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy any good? The whole series is on sale for 12 bucks.
Asking /co/ because /v/ hates games in general.
>>
Interested bump
>>
I don't typically like "games" like this cause it's really just cutscenes and QTEs, so gameplay wise no I don't really recommend it. Story wise, it's in its own weird canon that's primarily inspired by the movies with a dash of Bendis in the main antagonist. Nothing special about the plot, a generic Mcguffin that the Guardians want for personal reasons, but the writing is decent I suppose. It's obiously not DnA so if that's what you're hoping for better walk away now. But the voices for the Guardians are all good, as is the banter. It's nice being able to tune Star-Lord to your preference. You can be a heartless thief, a cocky bastard, a goof with a heart of gold, etc. He's as obnoxious or selfish as you want him to be.

Anyway, I'm a hardcore Cosmicfag and we don't get, like any games, so I don't mind swallowing the synergy. But it's still hard for me to recommend it. I guess I'll say that I wasn't totally sure about paying 20 bucks for it but I definitely would have dropped 12.
>>
>>93216889
They're okay so far. There's an interesting premise to explore, but it hasn't been touched much so far. The visuals vary between mediocre and decent. Surprisingly, it's less MCU-oriented as the promos make it seem.

It's basically typical Telltale. If you prefer story to gameplay, give it a try. But it's not as impressive as Wolf Among Us, the first two Walking Dead, or even Batman.
>>
>>93216889
I think it's not clear yet whether it's gonna deliver a really good story

That said I cried during the Rocket flashback in episode 2.
>>
Haven't played it but Telltale has had a really shit track record for their games.
Plugging IPs into the same decade old engine over and over probably seemed like a money printer in the board room, but it's getting stale quick.
Even their good games are only good with their writing and nothing else.
Not to mention that its all the illusion of choice despite them advertising as "YOU CHOOSE THE STORY".

I'd save your money, OP.
>>
>>93217337
Yeah I wasn't impressed by the first episode but that shit really got me.
>>
>>93217323
>>93217330
>>93217337
>>93217387
Thanks for the opinions guys. I think I'll sleep on it since it seems like the majority would say it's not worth the full price but 12 seems fair
>>
>>93217337
>>93217467
The flashbacks seem to be the strongest parts so far. I'm assuming Gamora and Drax will be next, since naturally, there's not much you can do to focus on Groot.
>>
>>93216889
It's pretty medicore. I've played all the Telltale games and The Wolf Among Us is easily the best but if you want capeshit Telltale Batman was a lot better than GOTG IMO. GOTG is decent but the QTE events feel a little forced when not in combat.
>>
>>93216889
The first one was meh, the second one was a little more interesting for the Lylla flashback in Halfworld.

The Novas are super retarded in this tho.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.