[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fox has formalized plans for Dark Phoenix, the next installment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 32

File: 4326.jpg (120KB, 768x1154px) Image search: [Google]
4326.jpg
120KB, 768x1154px
>Fox has formalized plans for Dark Phoenix, the next installment of the X-Men franchise. This all just happened, but they’ve set Simon Kinberg as director (long rumored), and the studio set a release date of November 2, 2018. Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee are all reprising when production begins in Montreal.

>At the same time, Jessica Chastain is in talk to join the cast as the main villain, Shi’ar Empress Lilandra.

>Kinberg is producing with Bryan Singer, Hutch Parker and Lauren Shuler Donner. This is a huge moment for Kinberg, who gets his turn behind the camera after serving as a creative backbone for the X-Men franchise films since writing 2006’s X: Men: The Last Stand; he wrote and produced X-Men: Days Of Future Past, and X-Men: Apocalypse. He is making his directorial debut, but knows the mythology like the back of his hand. Kinberg has been a producer on the spinoff Deadpool and its currently shooting sequel, as well as X-Men: The New Mutants and X-Men: First Class.

Apparently a special point is being made to refer to Lilandra as the VILLAIN.
>>
That's Mystique, Magneto, Xavier. Beast, Storm, Jean, Cyclops and Nightcrawler all returning btw
>>
I feel like the X-Men films are just burning whatever big stories they have left.
>>
File: 8678.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
8678.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>Singer gone before Dark Phoenix again
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee are all reprising when production begins in Montreal.
>Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy
>Jennifer Lawrence
>Michael Fassbender
>James McAvoy

Oh boy! I can't wait for Mystique, Prof X, and Magneto to take up 99% of the screentime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Fox!!!!!

(That's Sarcasm btw)
>>
How do we stop her?
>>
>>93206676
>More Jennifer Lawrence
Burn it all to ground.
>>
>>93206676
Salsa can't cut it.
>>
>>93206676
Dark Phoenix is a fundamentally anti-feminist story

>girl gets power
>embraces sexuality
>goes crazy and has to be put down

So of course it'll be changed
>>
File: 1386035469641.jpg (51KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
1386035469641.jpg
51KB, 259x400px
>>93207197
Magneto and Prof X's struggle for the soul of Wolverine/Blue-titty-verine is literally all they know at this point.
>>
>>93207340
>has to be put down
Wrong, none of them can bring themselves to do it. Jean kills herself as the ultimate sacrifice to save the lives of her friends. The whole Phoenix story is Jean's story, not Cyclops losing his girlfriend.

Also she didn't just go crazy, she was driven insane by the manipulations of The Hellfire Club specifically Mastermind, which you could spin as the bondage of a patriarchal society repressing women since in the Hellfire Club all the men wear suits and the women dress in essentially fetish gear.
>>
Chastain is literally the hottest woman.
>>
>>93207340

>being so perma-triggered your response to the announcement of a movie's existence is to make up something to get triggered about.
>>
>>93206737
House of M, a real Age of Apocalypse, they can also do things with Genosha, the Brood, Mojo ...
>>
>>93206676
I can't wait for Jean and Scott to be background characters in their own movie while Mystique and Magneto take center stage....
>>
>>93206733
>and Nightcrawler

Well shit, guess I've got to see this now. Even if he will inevitably get one second of screentime amidst all the Jennifer Lawrence.
>>
File: Uncanny X-Men 135-004.jpg (2MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny X-Men 135-004.jpg
2MB, 2063x3131px
>>93207397
>The whole Phoenix story is Jean's story, not Cyclops losing his girlfriend
Didn't say it was

But the Dark Phoenix plot is still about being lost to desires. See the first and last panel
>>
File: Uncanny X-Men 135-013.jpg (2MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny X-Men 135-013.jpg
2MB, 2063x3131px
>>93207665
and third panel
>>
>>93207543
Mojo is almost certainly being saved for Legion
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult
Did they not learn from Apocalypse?
>>
>>93206676
Is Quicksilver confirmed?
>>
Apparently Warlock is going to be motion capture and they are looking for someone to play young Magik and maybe Karma.
http://screenrant.com/new-mutants-warlock-motion-capture/
>>
>>93206733
Yeah, for five minute cameos and two to three lines of dialogue perhaps.
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee are all reprising when production begins in Montreal.

That's going to be the main problem.

Getting big names back after the contracts they signed when they were little names expire is never cheap, so this will pay a lot more out; in essence, it's going to have the same problem that X3 had, where it needs to make a huge amount to be profitable just because there are so many actors returning as established characters, never mind that some of them can individually command huge fees.

The secondary problem is that it's an admission FOX has no faith in the younger cast members to carry the franchise going forward, meaning they're probably getting sidelined, literally-anybody-in-a-Wolverine-movie style. Which means a decade of Mystique movies, assuming FOX doesn't just give up on the X-Men altogether.

Kinberg's probably a solid choice, but this thing sounds like poison.
>>
>>93207825
>young Magik
they will do the entire plot of Magik with the demons and all that?
>>
Doing Dark Phoenix when we just introduced Jean in the last movie as a supporting character is stupid and pointless and is emblematic of the backwards way comic book movies are made.

It would actually make more sense to make fucking Mystique the Phoenix at this point because at least her sacrifice would have weight to it after spending three movies getting to know her and her importance to the other characters.
>>
This is fucked up but I love Jessica Chastain so I'm in i guess

but it sounds like a clusterfuck, for one thing lilandra isn't the villain? and we haven't had jean around long enough

Wonder how birdlady they're gonna make her
>>
File: 34216.jpg (71KB, 780x390px) Image search: [Google]
34216.jpg
71KB, 780x390px
FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK MAGNETO'S ARC IS FINISHED

THEY FINISH HIS ARC IN EVERY MOVIE BUT THEY DOUBLE TRIPLE QUADRUPLE SUPER MEGA FINISHED IT IN APOCALYPSE.
>>
>>93208279
>people were praising his story in Apocalypse
>when it's literally just a rehash of the same shit he deals with in every fucking movie

When will the Fassbender meme die?
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender
The worst parts of Apocalypse being the focus yet again.
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence
Stopped reading there. I refuse to see another X-men comic where she's hogging screentime.
>>
>>93206676
>Jessica Chastain is in talk to join the cast as the main villain, Shi’ar Empress Lilandra.
Yes, the main villain. Until Magneto steps in as the Real Main Villain and shows her up. AGAIN.
>>
>>93206676
I thought Jennifer Lawrence was done with the franchise?
>>
>>93207950
>FOX doesn't just give up on the X-Men altogether
Would that be so bad? It would mean no more shitty FoX-Men movies.
Heck, I would love it if Marvel Studios got the rights back honestly.
>>
Remember how mad we were for years that it was Wolverine and the X-Men and not the X-Men?

Now it's fucking Fat Face Hacky Fanfic Mystique and the X-Men instead and based Jackman is retired. Careful what you wish for.
>>
>>93208279
>Raphael and Magneto both get the same subplot in every movie
Man, why are people so lazy?
>>
>>93210466
Why? The MCU manages to balance out their heroes. Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Thor, and Star-Lord get enough screen time and movies for each other.

Don't see why Fox can't do the same. :/
>>
>>93209810
Hasn't her big Hollywood push dried up, or at least it's starting to ever since the Hunger Games stuff ended?
>>
File: SERENITY_NOW.jpg (42KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SERENITY_NOW.jpg
42KB, 960x540px
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence
Already dropped.
>>
>>93206676
>Mystique again
Fuck off.

I'm guessing they'll start off with Jean already being mentally unstable and Charles out of ideas. Probably have her isolated after she nearly killed a couple of people. There's no way Lilandra can be the villain, though. That's just dumb.
>>
File: IMG_5875.jpg (25KB, 345x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5875.jpg
25KB, 345x365px
>Jennifer Lawrence is returning
>they didn't recast Sophie Turner who was fucking AWFUL and is now the main character of the next movie
>Lilandra is a villain
>>
>>93206676
>it's another mystique movie
>>
Why is Sophie Turner back? Did anyone working on the movie watch her acting and listen to her English accent?
>>
Chastain as Jean Grey pls

I would be so erect
>>
File: IMG_5946.jpg (176KB, 690x1143px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5946.jpg
176KB, 690x1143px
YAASSSSSSSS
>>
Was dark phoenix good in the comics?
>>
>>93207665
>>93207672
>girl gets taken over by dark power
>starts exploding shit and orgasming in the process
Why do you do this to me
>>
>>93211263

Why the fuck are you on this board if you don't know Dark Phoenix Saga?

It's Capes 101.
>>
>>93211287
I don't give two fucks about jean, that's why, faggot.
>>
>>93210847
Probably. Her last movie 'Passengers' bombed hard. And she was paid the most in it. She was suppose to be one of the big draws.
>>
>>93211367
>paid the most
I mean there were 4 actors in the damn thing that's not really a fair point
>>
>>93211367
I actually liked that movie. I didnt pay to see it though.
>>
>>93210847
>>93211367

No way. She's still one of the highest paid stars and still probably has top 5 marquee value in the industry. She's gonna need quite a few more bombs before she's done.
>>
>>93206737
Good. Tell the damn stories and fuck off already. How many of these things do we need?
>>
>>93206676
Sounds terrible.

They should just make Deadpool leader of the X-Men already.
>>
File: 3125.jpg (82KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
3125.jpg
82KB, 512x768px
Pretty hype to watch Chastain BTFO JLaw despite almost being old enough to be her mom
>>
Pleasantly surprised to see so many pissed about McAvoy and Fassbender returning, I thought everyone raved about them.
>>
>>93213132

They're great actors with great chemistry but the characters have been fully explored.
>>
File: 65.jpg (113KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
113KB, 961x759px
>>93212356
>>
>>93206676
Fucking Lawrence. She wanted out of the franchise when she was famous but now that her pussy's dried up she's back again.

Where's Quicksilver tho? He's been the best part of the new movies apart from Mcavoy and Fassbender

>>93210798
>>93210341
Choke on a dick, disneyshill
>>
>>93213132
Fassbender is a shitty actor. He's almost as bad as Tom Hardy.
>>
>>93213959
Umad, FoxEmployee?
>>
File: jjones.png (722KB, 501x1199px) Image search: [Google]
jjones.png
722KB, 501x1199px
>>93206676
>Simon Kinberg as director

Confirmed shit (as if there was any doubt of that anyhow)
>>
File: IMG_20170614_185958.jpg (102KB, 700x671px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170614_185958.jpg
102KB, 700x671px
>>93206676
What is it about the X-Men films that makes it impossible for these fuckers to give equal amount of attention to the characters? Anyone who isn't Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, sniktbub, the villain of the movie, and arguably Jean seems to only exist to show off powers and nothing else.

Fucking stop paying attention to these drawn out fuckers and focus on other mutants, you fucking hacks.
>>
>>93214635
I remember hype for Apocalypse than we saw that Cyclops wasn't in the front of the cardboard thingy and Jubilee was nowhere to be found. Still found it surprisingly enjoyable.
>>
>>93214501
That's the best you could come up with? The house of mouse continues to show how creatively bankrupt it is. Go remake Kung Fu Panda in live action
>>
Well, at least Nightcrawler's back.
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence...reprising
sad!
>>
File: 89760.jpg (959KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
89760.jpg
959KB, 1280x1920px
>Same guy that wrote the last Dark Phoenix movie but this time he gets to direct too!

ffs
>>
>>93214826
Yeah, he better loose that haircut though
>>
>>93208578
>people were praising his story in Apocalypse

I really don't want to believe this
>>
>>93214938
this

simon kinberg is fucking hot garbage. how the fuck does he keep getting work?
>>
>>93210798
>Don't see why Fox can't do the same. :/
bc disney/marvel has sub-franchises of a big franchise. there the MCU, but then there's Iron Man, Captain america, Hulk, Gotg, Doctor Strange, etc

Fox has X-men and Wolverine.
see the difference?
>>
>>93211302
see>>93211287
>>
>>93215028
>simon kinberg is fucking hot garbage. how the fuck does he keep getting work?
cause the films make bank
>>
>>93206676
inb4 fox realizes they have a cooler property than gotg with the starjammers
>>
To be fair to Kinberg he's been a producer through the entire series X-Men along with Singer so he deserves credit for the good shit as well as the bad. The First Class relaunch with McAvoy and Fassbender was his idea.

Unfortunately he was the guy that was supposed to "save" X-Men 3 when Singer left at F4 when Trank Tranked himself and both turned out like dogshit.
>>
>>93212639
>despite almost being old enough to be her mom

Did your mom have you when she was 13?
>>
>>93207665
>Cyke's thoughts spell out slashes
>Piotr shouts "Lenin's Ghost"
>whoumph!
Much to love about this page
>>
>>93214938
He also wrote the Fan4stic movie! Oh joy!
>>
>>93215307
You're overestimating the importance of the producer role. Producers are studio men who are there to keep everything on track so the director/talent don't shit the bed.

Him being there barely affects the final film, and that shows given the state of X3/Apocalypse.
>>
>>93214951
>implying Twinkcrawler isn't perfect the way he is
>>
>>93215002
To be fair, one of those people was Jeremy Jahns.
>>
>>93215057
X-Men is not a character. It's a team composed of thousands of members throughout the years. Each one that could have their own movie and Miles for money if in the right competent hands (aka not Fox's).

I mean for god's sake, Marvel Studios made a movie about a talking Raccoon. And it made billions of dollars. And he's still alive.
And yet Fox can't make a Gambit movie? Or a Cyclops movie? Or a Psylocke movie?
They have so many characters and yet they don't know what to do with them! At least Sony had the excuse of only having Spidey-related characters.
>>
>>93215548
>What is Gambit and New Mutants
I mean this should've happened a long time ago but its happening.
>>
>>93211287
Because capes are shit
>>
>>93215002
It was a good story, whats the problem?
>>
>>93215450
Whats up with the markings? Is it to give him more detail?
>>
>>93210341

>Disney
>Ever getting the rights to the mutants back
>>
>>93216172
It's just a rehash of what Magneto always goes through. You can't have him lose his family, go bitter and evil, then become ambiguously good over and over without it getting tired.
>>
>>93216207
It was self cutting or something in X2, in the current timeline it's probably just for aesthetic.
>>
>>93215369

What do you think the word almost means?
>>
>>93216459
in X2 is was religious
>>
>>93215548
>X-Men is not a character.
did you miss the point?
>>
Why do the x-movies suck so bad?
>Mystique
She is not a major character. Period. I know they're really proud of how easy it is to paint a character like a green screen and use leftover effects from Micheal Jackson's Black and White video, but they need to be done with Mystique, like, two films ago. It ain't happening with Jlaw in the role though...
>Wolverine
We get it.
>Prof X and Magneto
While these characters are important, theier relationship does not need to be at the center of every film.
>Casting
You can tell these movies are produced by gay pedophiles. Just look at the cast. Women with gay-friendly aesthetics, young twinky boys, and older (some closeted) gay actors. Storm was cast fine in the last movie, but that leads me to...
>"Demoted to henchman. Also probably mind control."
Bane from Batman & Robin. Scorpion and Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat. Sabertooth in X-Men. Storm and Angel in this one. One of my least favorite shortcuts. The prodcuers want to include a certain character, but they don't actually have anything for that character TO DO, so they just keep the image of the character around so they can use them in promotional material.
>the "effects"
They're clearly saving on overhead by reusing the exact same effects pipeline/team for 17 years. Everyone still flies as awkwardly as Storm did in the first film.
>>
>>93207197
And don't forget to somehow make it all about Mysti- I mean Raven.

But well I just hope Gladiator is based.
>>
>>93216473
Nothing. Not anymore.
>>
>>93207397
You're overthinking shit. Claremont just likes bondage and he had a tendency to shove his fetishes onto the X-Men.
>>
I've loved every single X-Men movie except Origins: Wolverine, and even that I enjoyed the first half.
This will probably be great. Not worried.

I'm sorry for all of you who are unhappy though. I really am.
>>
>>93206676
Why must they keep on bringing back Jennifer Lawrence. She refuses to wear the makeup and she is easy to replace, she is a fucking shape changer
>>
>>93216172
It was a shit story for a shit movie
>Magneto's shitty story with his family was shit and drags on
>Fassbender chews the scenery with his shitty acting
>Apocalypse takes a back seat to Magneto
>Magneto literally kills BILLIONS of people and Prof X laughs it off and lets him go
>Storms tries to murder the X-Men then minutes later loves them
>Mystique takes up too much screentime
>JLaw can't be assed to put on blue make up because she's a stuck up lazy bitch
>Mystique becomes leader of the X-Men (which is shit)
>pointless Wolverine Ad in middle of film
>Wolverine caught by Stryker despite Mystique saving him at the end of DoFP
>Psylocke gets two lines
>Jean's actor can't act (most people in the movie are phoning it in)
>Quicksilver pussies out to tell Magneto he's his son so they can drag out the shitty drama for many movies
>repeat if Quicksilver scene from last movie except worse
>Scott, Jean, Storm, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler take backseat to Jlawstique, Magneto, and Prof X
>Apocalypse's pyramids one weakness was two pillars
>the shitty falling scene at the beginning
>looked like a low-budget tv show
>Angel looked stupid (even his comic appearance looked better) and was pointless
>costumes were shit and boring (why do we need color in an X-Men movie?!!!! Let's just make everything Dark and boring like a Snyder film!!!!)
>scene where Cyclops talks to the camera how the third movie is always shit. A shit made by Singer to throw shade at X3. Unaware his movie is the third in the new universe and also shitty (even having a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than X3, the movie it's mocking).

It was shit.

/thread
>>
>>93216856
t. Paid Fox Employee

Why don't you make yourself useful and tell your bosses to at least let go of the Fantastic Four? It's the very least you could do.
>>
>>93216554
>Just look at the cast. Women with gay-friendly aesthetics, young twinky boys, and older (some closeted) gay actors

You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>93216903
Muh Hunger Games
>>
Did anyone like Sophie Turner as Jean?
>>
>>93216955
I dunno, I could buy someone liking these movies if they only care about Magneto/Xavier/Mystique or Cherik shipping and nothing else.
>>
File: 56348.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
56348.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>93216930

>autistic block of text
>/threading own post
>>
>>93217093
>still in denial that your movie is shit
Shouldn't you be busy having sex with underage boys, Singer?
>>
>>93216903

She's like the biggest box office draw on the planet earth
>>
>>93206676
>Illegal Aliens
>in a Fox production
>not the bad guys

Man, what planet are you from?
>>
>>93217193

Not sure what this means but it has the markers of low effort /pol/ shitting
>>
>>93215450
Singer pls
>>
>>93217171
Doesn't everyone hate her now? Even among normies, one of the biggest complaints about this movie was that it focused too much on her.
>>
>>93208107
Demon Bear, specifically
>>
File: 61511208_p0.png (1MB, 1638x2274px) Image search: [Google]
61511208_p0.png
1MB, 1638x2274px
>>93217460
Well he is.
>>
>>93208578
He didn't write the fucking thing
>>
>>93219711
No, but this idea that everything Fassbender does is great by virtue of it being played by Fassbender is cancer.
>>
>>93206676
>Shi'ar
>Havok is already dead
>Vulcan nowhere in sight
And Havok was one of my favourite characters. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that Singer killed as many characters introduced in First Class as he could, as they weren't from his movies.

>We will never have Cyclops centered movie with Havok as supporting character, and Vulcan as the enemy
And that's why FOX has no vision.
>>
>>93220074
Havok was shit in the films though.
>>
>>93218946
He is actually a much more faithful portrayal of Kurt than Cummings could pull off.

And anyone else notice that Proteus made a cameo mention in Apoc' and now we're getting a Dark Phoenix saga just as a "classic" X-Men team is finally formed?
I don't know about all of you but I'm going to monkey's paw wish for a little Proteus saga story in the first act...

>>93220074
... sounds like a monkey's paw wish to me! Let's see if a Cy-centric movie happens now.
>>
>>93206676
>Jessica Chastain is in talk to join the cast as the main villain
No, stay away from cape flick and franchise. Keep doing original movies.
>>
>>93216930
>most people in the movie are phoning it in
Which tells a lot about the director.
>>
>>93206676
>Simon Kinberg
So, the guy has never directed a movie and start with a big tentpole one? The guy who wrote 2 bad x-men movies and an average one?

Just look what he wrote:
XXX: State of the Union
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
X-Men: The Last Stand
Jumper
Sherlock Holmes
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Fantastic Four
X-Men: Apocalypse

This will be so bad.
Like they coudn't find a good director after Singer finally stopped.
>>
>>93215307
>dogshit.
clever, clever
>>
>>93206904
He should have left before Apocalypse
>>
>>93207247
Adamantium bullet
>>
Please don't time jump another decade...
>>
>>93216459
Was he like 11 and carving shit into his skin?
>>
>>93220767
That does seem like the proper emo cutter age for that stuff to start going down.
>>
>>93220305
Because shit like Miss Sloane did so well for her
>>
>>93206676
>Simon Kinberg as director
But why? Does he even know how a camera works?
>main villain, Shi’ar Empress Lilandra
????
>>
>>93220400
>X-Men: Days of Future Past
It's a good movie, fuck you. Everyone knew it, too. That's why he basically went by Simon "Days of Future Past" Kinberg for a while.
>>
>>93206676
>they're bringing in the Shi'ar

We want to be like Guardians of the Galaxy too!

Nah but I'm hyped as fuck for this.
>>
>>93214938
God she was so much better than Sophie Turner.
>>
>>93221331
Days of Future Past was garbage at best
>>
>>93220922
That's rough
>>
>>93220158
>He is actually a much more faithful portrayal of Kurt than Cummings could pull off.

He reminded me of a more pure X-Men Evolution Nightcrawler, who is best Nightcrawler, so I had no complaints.
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence
RIP, another x-men movie ruined
>>
>>93221567
How different would things be now if she wasn't cast in First Class? It would be interesting to see..
>>
>>93221632
I remember thinking she was fucking terrible in First Class when it first came out, it's shocking that she managed to be this successful.
>>
>>93216172
>a good story
Magneto plot was bad, Jean and Scott plot was also bad, worst cameo of Wolverine ever, Apocalypse looks like a villain from Power Rangers, Archangel was treath like shit, and Lawrence didn't want to be painted blue because she want her face in the screen, and in the comics Mystique is an irrelevant character, shouldn't be the focus in the movie, and they kill Havok and nobody cares in the movie wich is ....
>>
>>93221047
Yeah, she only did one movie in her life...
>>
>>93221331
It's the average movie I'm talking about.
>>
>>93221774
I knew her from her crappy TBS sitcom, playing the cute dumb blonde teen daughter and when I heard she was making a buzz in indie movies it just left me like "Her?" She's never been believable in any role I've seen her in since so it sucks that they still haven't learned the lesson from Apocalypse and are keeping her as a big focus when she doesn't even want to be in the damn thing.
>>
>>93221567
As if they needed J Law to ruin it.
>>
>>93220158
>And anyone else notice that Proteus made a cameo mention in Apoc'

Where?
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence

I thought she said she was done with capeshit after Apocalypse. Are roles coming in slow for her after Passengers bombed and proved she wasn't a big name to pull in audiences?
>>
>>93222698

passengers was a vanity project, literally 1/3rd of the budget was her salary as an apology for the email leaks

she's probably stuck doing xmen movies now so she can do shitty small budget flicks to kickstart her career again like fassbender and mcavoy
>>
>>93222698

She bitches about every X-Men movie and says she's done after all of them but she comes back for the paycheck. Plus they change the movies to accommodate her bitching like Mystique being the lead and never being blue.
>>
>>93206676
>Jennifer Lawrence returning

Since this isn't tied to her original three picture deal I'm guessing they're going to actually be paying her a shit ton of money this time.

This of course means she'll get even more screen time, but maybe she'll actually act like she cares since she's not working for "less than she's worth."
>>
>>93207496
Lately co is just becoming fucking unbareable with this type of shit. It's depressing
>>
>>93206737
We'll never get a New X-Men movie, will we?(The Grant Morrison one, not the Academy X one, though that would be cool to see as a movie too.)
>>
>>93221331
It was only "good" because of the nostalgia manipulation of the retarded audience.

People went in were like
>Oh Muh Gawd! Member Wolverine?
>Member Halle Berry?
>Member Ian Mckellen?
>Member Patrick Stewart?
>I remember!!!

The whole was just nostalgia fagging and baiting everyone with the "This is the last movie with the cast you grew up with :'("

It had no substance or anything worthwhile.

If you changed all the actors with new ones, no one would give a shit. They just to say goodbye to their childhood.
>>
>>93206676
just reboot the franchise already
>>
>>93207950
>Kinberg's probably a solid choice

On what basis? His only directorial experience was shooting the worst part of Fant4stic. And his writing credits are meh at best.
>>
>>93211302
I don't care about Jean either and even I know about Dark Phoenix.

And its good. Just not the best X-men story as many people believe.
>>
>>93214938
He's the real cancer of these fox films. People bitch about Singer, Ratner or Lawrence, but Kinberg is the source of when things went bad.
>>
>>93226919
Don't forget about Tom Rothman. He played a big role too. Although now he's working for Sony Pictures.
>>
>>93206904
There isn't a young male role in this movie that allows him to cast couching potential stars. Of course he would back off of this.
>>
>>93207247
So is she constantly trying to be quirky and random or does Jennifer Lawrence have something like autism and she's just never been tested/doesn't want to tell he public? I could believe either one
>>
>>93227915

Being autistic would require authenticity. She's just trying to be as quirky and special as possible.

Watch her diva cunt attitude come out as she "playfully" admonishes a non-native English speaker for daring to ask her a question with the help of Google translate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_zja9pepgU
>>
>>93206676
>We want the Guardians of the Galaxy audience
>>
>>93228527
>Any movie set in space is now reaching for the "Guardians of the Galaxy audience"

/co/'s autism is enduring.
>>
>>93229060
Oh please, they had ten movies to bring in aliens. They are only doing it now because of GotG's success.

Pathetic.
>>
>>93226659
But that would mean losing the actors who currently play the characters. Sophie Turner and Jennifer Lawrence are the only ones that are truly shit.
>>
>>93229372
>But that would mean losing the actors who currently play the characters
So? Most of them are shit or forgettable. And the characters act nothing like they are suppose to. The only exception is Deadpool. And Deadpool can still go one because he's a forth wall breaking hero. He would just lampshade the reboot again like he did in his movie.

I say reboot the franchise and put someone who knows what they are doing and actually respects X-Men. And maybe get some actual good costumes. Give other characters that aren't Wolverine or Mystique screen time. Focus on the TEAM aspect.
>>
>>93229521
>So? Most of them are shit or forgettable

I actually liked the actors who played Scott, Storm, Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, and Jubilee. And of course Fassbender and McAvoy. They're only "forgettable" because Singer gives them nothing to work with or very little attention.
>>
>>93206676

Didn't she literally say that Apocalypse was her last one? She clearly hates the fucking role and can't even be bothered to put on the makeup.
>>
>>93230352
Her last movie bombed and she's probably aware of her hate brigade online, she must be desperate.
>>
>>93210341

That's retarded.

The X movies have had a few shit movies, but by and large they are pretty good.

It would also be a quick way to break the MCU with the introduction of natural born mutants
>>
>>93229262
All these movies are copying of the success of X-Men anyways.
>>
>>93230395
>It would also be a quick way to break the MCU with the introduction of natural born mutants
Oh please. No one would care except Foxshills and artists. Most people would just be glad to have the X-Men in the MCU. And for the chance for stuff like Wolverine teaming up with Cap. Maybe even have Spidey team up with Iceman and Firestar.
>>
>>93230594
>Oh please. No one would care except Foxshills and artists
Exactly. These faggots only want to see x hanging out with y, even if it doesn't bring anything to the story.
>>
File: xmen_ver1.jpg (70KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
xmen_ver1.jpg
70KB, 510x755px
Seriously what the fuck happened to these movies? It's not just the writing or the performances or the Demme-inspired direction, it's EVERYTHING. And the first X-Men movies was a complete cluster fuck from beginning to end in terms of production. I feel like the harder Singer works on a movie the worse it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkRyP8bp0Io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDDVuxFboI
>>
>>93230671
What makes you think they can't create good stories with Mutants in the the MCU? I mean for Galactus's sake, the X-Men and Avengers have co-existed in the comics for almost a hundred years. And they've created tons of memorable stories and moments.

Not to mention the MCU has always produced quality movies: Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America The Winter Soldier, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man. And they've never had a rotten score on rotten tomatoes (coincidence? I think not!!!)

What has Fox made? X3? Wolverine Origins? Apocalypse? BLEH!!!! BLEH!!!!
>>
-Officially, Simon Kinberg is directing X-Men: Dark Phoenix
-JLaw returning
-Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult also returning.
-The young cast Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee also reprising their roles in this sequel.
-Jessica Chastain is in talk to join the cast as Shi'ar Empress Lilandra
-Kinberg is producing with Hutch Parker and Lauren Shuler Donner

>J-LAW returning as Mystique
>Mystique a good guy
> Lilandra is the villain

Goddammit, FOX
>>
>>93231025

MCU does not need a monopoly. Their movies are already safe and formulaic as fuck. I'll take Logan over the entire MCU combined. I'm not a huge fan of Deadpool but others are and it is another example of a movie that wouldn't exist if Disney got the X-Men.
>>
>>93231090
I bet Gladiator won't even be in this.
>>
The funniest thing is jennifer lawrence is a burden and a finicial drain to the film. I promise them if they dropped her no one would Care that much. Keep magneto and professor x the same and people won't notice a differance.
>>
>>93231207
In a better timeline Jessica Chastain would be playing Mystique and would you know, BE A FUCKING VILLAIN.
>>
>>93231138
>safe and formulaic
Yeah, because making a movie about a talking Raccoon is sssooooooo safe.

Call me when Fox has the balls to do a proper Rightclops movie.

*mic drop*
>>
>>93231090
They just loving raping the X-Men.

Almost as much as they love raping the Fantastic Four aka Fan4stic
>>
>>93231262

Please just fuck off forever.

I don't give a fuck if you're being ironic, ironic shitposting is shitposting
>>
>>93231314
>telling the truth is shitposting
>>
>>93231262
>Call me when Fox has the balls to do a proper Rightclops movie.
no thanks. I'll stick with Gambit and NM.
>>
>>93231506
Gambit is cancelled.

And New Mutants is an edgy horror movie with no costumes allowed.
>>
>>93231542
>Gambit is cancelled.

Wait, what?
>>
>>93231589
It isn't
>>
>>93231589
>>93231671
It already lost two directors over creative differences and is constantly delayed again and again and again. They don't know what to do with the movie.
>B-b-b-b-but Simon Kinberg said-
It ain't happening. The writing is on the wall. It had a chance of happening as much as the Nightwing movie. Kinberg and Co. are just bullshiting and don't want to admit the movie is dead.

Not much of a loss though, Tatum is a bad actor and wouldn't do Gambit justice.
>>
>>93231927
>admits to spraying crap out his ass
>wants us the believe him
>>
File: Xmen-Wolverine.png (433KB, 963x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Xmen-Wolverine.png
433KB, 963x1050px
>>93226919

Its really not kindberg, it's Fox. Kindberg is a symptom of the problem. Fos has bad ideas and deals. They demanded a wolverine and magneto centric story in X-men 3. They wanted dakr phoenix in it, they didnt have half the fucking cast to be in the movie. Nightcrawler, rogue, cyclops, all had to be written out. Kindberg did decide that. These changes also happen through out. There was a draft of x-men 3 that featured those 3 characters. Kindberg basically plays ball. He puts up with the BS fox demands and frakensteins together these monsters. If Kindberg left, we'd have some other puppet or tool in place. Jumper, Sherlock Holmes, DOFP, Kindberg CAN write. Problem is that x-men is one of fox's biggest money makers and the studio interferes immensely with the project. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

I have very little faith kindberg directing is a sign of fox giving him creative control. It seems more like Fox is in control if they hired kindberg to direct as a means of controling the franchise. Singer basically did apocalypse for the money, it was his highest pay check to date. Its a shame fox kinda says fuck it to the smaller things like deadpool and logan and they come out great, but they have to fuck with things like last stand and apocalypse so much they come out like ass.
>>
>>93231927
Tatum is a decent actor, but he is nowhere near hot enough to play Gambit. He should be played by a fit but more lithe actor, not a meathead whose neck is a literal stump.
>>
>>93206676
How cool would it have been if at the end of Apocalypse, when Xavier is saying "Good bye old friend" and Magneto is walking away, if Magneto had just dropped dead because Charles decided he was too dangerous to live? It would've been greaat
>>
>>93232463

even better, it was all an illusion. Magneto is in his own head, peaceful, has his dream life, but it's a world xavier created for magneto in his mind and in the real world magneto is basically catatonic.
>>
>>93231344
>Muh """truth"""
>>
I miss Rebecca Romijn's Mystique.
>>
>>93233015

She really does a great job in these movies. Crazy that an underwear model is a better actress than an Academy Award winner but that's where we are.
>>
>>93233015
Why does the makeup look so much better here yet it looks so shitty in the new ones? Is it the shade of blue?
>>
>>93234614

Rebecca Romijn's makeup took 9 hours to apply, Jennifer Lawrence's took 3.

It looks better because it is better.
>>
>>93231262
No one cares about Cyclops. Stop.
>>
>>93235457
I-I do.
>>
>>93235457
No one cared about Rocket Raccoon or Groot. And yet one movie later they became two of the most famous superheroes around. Even more than Wolverine.

If Marvel studios can make a movie that makes people love a talking Raccoon and talking Tree, I don't see why Fox can't do the same for a man who shoots beams from his eyes. Oh right! Because they have no talent. :/
>>
>>93236503
>Rocket Raccoon or Groot
>more famous than Wolverine.
Alright just stop. I know what your trying to say but stop.
>>
>>93236815
It's True. They have millions of toys and a tv show. It's safe to say more people like Rocket and Groot than Wolverine. Hell, they are liked more than the X-Men. The only exception is maybe Deadpool. This is how bad Fox has ruined the X-Men brand. For Odin's sake, Gambit and Jubilee use to household names!!!! Now you'd be lucky for someone to know who Storm is....
>>
>>93236503
The problem with that analogy is that Rocket and Groot were never actively despised by large swathes of the fandom. But Scott has a powerful hatedom.
>>
>>93236974
>Fox has ruined the X-Men brand
>Not Marvel
(you)
>For Odin's sake, Gambit and Jubilee use to household names!!!! Now you'd be lucky for someone to know who Storm is....
you're incredibly dumb
>>
>>93225679
I thought everyone sucked DoFP's dick.
>>
>>93238044
not muhs will never enjoy an X movie unless they get what they want.
>>
>>93237375
>can't handle the Truth
>>
File: IMG_9377.jpg (33KB, 423x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9377.jpg
33KB, 423x377px
>>93238044
It was just Nostalghia Bait. Like the Force Awakens
>Look, it's Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen! Member them?!!
>I member!
>Member Halle Berry!
>I remember!
>>
>>93237068
Scott is only hated by Brevoort, Aaron, Ike, and Soule.

Why do you think we have a 'Cyclops was right' meme?
>>
are we getting the Shi-ar crazy alien team or not?
I liked the green Robot witha tiny robot on its back
>>
>>93233516

It's not crazy. She's basically a performance artists or body movement expert. Rebecca uses her body and knows how to convey emotion with it and be artistic. Jennifer isn't that. She is rigid and stiff. They hired Rebecca romijn for her body, but coincidentally got someone who has skills to use it.
>>
>>93239028
No, he's hated pretty solidly hated by the fandom and sniktbubfags.
>>
>>93240021
Go away, Brevoort
>>
>>93234614
Fewer people who know how to do practical effects compared to back then.

Compare how stiff as fuck most of the practical aliens looked in The Force Awakens to the few practicals in the prequels, or even back in 1983 for Return of the Jedi!
>>
>>93207665
This whole arc was pretty arousing and I felt bad about that but also felt like I was supposed to be aroused by her getting turned on by her own omnipotence.
>>
>>93222646
Proteus is McTaggert's kid, she had pictures of the little walking Oedipus complex in her office.
Chucky Xavier chatted with her about him as he awkwardly flirted without the benefit of alcohol or telepathy.
Come on people, the movies are more than just the CGI battle-scenes. . . . Slightly.
>>
>>93211096
This, she already has the red-hair.
>>
>>93211263
Well Jean was good. Her act of kindness in saving the X-Men one time in space basically fucked her up in the process and slowly led to her unraveling.
>>
>>93214938
Felicia Day was in this movie?
>>
>>93239028
Don't single those guys out.
All the writers are all torturing Sissy Summers,
a mandate has come down: " Break his spirit! Crush his soul! "
And who can blame them?
Fans have been responding well to that ever since "JEEEAAN!" first crossed the page.

( and "Rightclops" was all Emma Frost's doing )
>>
>>93206676
>The Shi'ar are actually in an X-Men movie
Okay, I'm interested.
>>
>>93216729
LOOK AT MY BICEPS
>>
>>93232110
If that were the case, why were Deadpool and Logan well received?
>>
>>93240769
they don't look stiff
>>
>>93241312
Any one of these aliens would have been more interesting to watch converse with Solo in the movie than the puckered anus-face cg thing we got.
>>
>>93208279
>goes bad and teams up with the shiar and does some genocide
>joins the good guys at the end
>oh erik my old friend, go. get out of here uwu.
>>
>>93241164

Because fox cut the budget and stepped back on involvement. A 200m dollar movie better make its money back, make advertisers happy and get the mass exposure they're banking on. A 60-90m dollar movie doesn't have this pressure.
>>
>>93241405
When you think about it, Charles is a real bro.
>>
>>93206676
why don't they do animated features for the X-Men? Are they even allowed to?
>>
>>93238044
its now contrarian and cool to hate it i guess.

like when we had all the shitposters talking about how bad GoTG was.
>>
>>93241107
Such a fucking mindfuck, that movie.
And so many-many foreshadowings of comics to come...
Who knew?
>>
>>93241312
the red mask dude on the far left looks cool
>>
>>93241164
Fox had nothing to do with Deadpool. In fact, some suits tried to stop the movie from being made. Fox even tried to make the movie PG-13. The movie turned out good because the director Tim Miller was left alone and Ryan's commitment to the character. And now Miller is gone from the sequel and Ryan wants the movie to be more wacky comedy and less action (like Waypool). God help us all.

Logan was successful because of two things: R-rating and Nostalgia.
Deadpool being a success allowed Logan to be R. Which led to people being hyped for a Wolverine movie that is finally rated R with blood.
The second is nostalgia. Tell me, if Wolverine was played by Tom Hardy and Prof X was played by James Woods, do you think anyone would care? Do you think they would care about the story of Logan? No. No they would not. Because seeing Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart one last time before retirement is what attracted everyone. Like Toy Story 3 or The Force Awakens. It's bland nostalgia to manipulate the audience.
>Oh nos! Jackman and Stewart from muh childhood are deeeeaaaad! Muh Childhood!!!! Member?
>>
>>93241480
he does. I think he got a comic or something.
>>
>>93241491
>Ryan wants the movie to be more wacky comedy and less action
Doubt this is true since they have the john wick directer. You sound like a wacko.
>>
>>93211302
Then you don't give two fucks about the x-men because that's their biggest, most important, most copied story. Fuck off.
>>
>>93212639
She should fucking be Mystique
>>
>>93241867
Anyone else ever notice that for it being such a defining X-Men story it oddly has never actually been told?
Remember: Claremont had that big fight with Marvel's editorial department, lost, and was forced to change the ending...
I wonder if they've collaborated with him for the movie? ? ?
>>
>>93232110
>Jumper, Sherlock Holmes, DOFP, Kindberg CAN write.
Are you saying that those movies have a good scenario?
Because Sherlock Holmes has RDJ and Guy Ritchie. Jumper is not a good movie and DOFP is average has best and its story is nothing to write home about.
>>
>>93238075
>>93241465
Maybe it's because apart from the scenes in the futur, Logan at the beginning and the rescue of Magneto by Quicksilver, there's nothing interesting happening.
Even Magneto lifting the stadium was nothing much.
>>
>>93230395
You should watch more movies before giving your opinion. Most X movies are pretty good? Are you serious?
>>
>>93242066
Judging by this thread, she should be playing every female character.
>>
>>93242925
Oh, fuck off back to /tv/. Sure, none of them are perfect but the series for the most part is decent.
>>
>>93206676
Is Nicholas Hoult just going to keep doing X-Men films for the rest of his life since his career has kind of tanked?
>>
>>93206676
>shi'ar empress is the bad guy
jean got what she deserved. i hope gladiator looks awsome with his mohawk
>>
>>93241491
>Logan was successful because of two things: R-rating and Nostalgia.

It was successful because it was a good movie with strong characters who exchange dialogue instead of CGI lightning punches and quips.
>>
File: download.jpg (465KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
465KB, 1000x563px
So we'll bring back the despised diva cunt B-list villain turned lead that ruined the last two movies, the characters like Xavier and Magneto who we've now run into the ground with our overly long series and the miscast new lead Game of Thrones girl but we'll be sure to dump the universally beloved spark of life who elevated every scene.
>>
>>93243643
>decent
>for the most part
Just, no. You can like them all you want but it doesn't make most of those movies good.

And I don't go to /tv/. The place should be renamed /pol-tv/ given the amount of /pol/tard there.
>>
>>93206676
> Lilandra
> Villain
Isn't the Dark Phoenix the villain of the Dark Phoenix Saga?
>>
>>93207543
>>93207543
House of M was basically done already in Logan, and is kind of impossible to do without Wanda.
>>
>>93210341
It'd be terrible because Legion is the best thing to come out of Fox having the X-franchise. Fucking fight me.
>>
>>93246414
>kind of impossible to do without Wanda.

Lol they had Kitty Pryde inexplicably use her phasing send Logan back in time in DoFP so they could give Ellen Page a part, I'm pretty sure they'd figure out something for House of M.

Plus they can use Wanda if they want to, they already blew the fuck out of MCU"s Quicksilver so why not do it again?
>>
>>93211003

I'm guessing they're using the word villain now when she'll actually just be more of an antagonist. Perhaps working to stop the Phoenix before it damages worlds, etc. Which has happened before.
>>
>>93241867
>biggest, most important, most copied story.
>copied

It's tired and old. And there are better X-men stories. Hell, there is a better one coming the same year. Demon Bear Saga is better but that is partly because the art
>>
http://screenrant.com/new-x-men-dark-phoenix-characters/
New details
>[HIROSHI] Male, Early- Mid 20s, Japanese, brash Tokyo punk kid with an attitude. Although Hiroshi is young, he can command the attention of a room and is always ready for a fight. Must be able to speak English fluently, but open to an accent (could be Japanese, British…)…LEAD. We are looking for an actor who is actually Japanese for this role.
>[SHANE]Male, 16, actor must be an adult (18 or over or legally emancipated minor), Caucasian. A cocky, handsome kid with swagger. He is strong and doesn’t back down easily, so he can come off as an insensitive bully at times…LEAD
>[COLIN] Male, 16, actor must be an adult (18 or over or legally emancipated minor), Caucasian. Handsome, but not arrogant. Always willing to help a friend in need no matter what it costs him. Although he is sensitive, he is not a pushover and will stand up for what he believes…LEAD
>[BRITTANY] Female 18 to play younger (15-17) Caucasian. Very attractive, charismatic and confident. Possibly a bit edgy with a fiery personality, Brittany is a born entertainer. Strong singing skills are a plus, but not mandatory. SUPPORTING
>>
>>93248248
>[REDMOND] Male, 50s-Early 60s, open to all ethnicities. An affluent, big, stocky, ruddy American. Not necessarily fit, just physically imposing. Powerful, arrogant and blunt, Redmond is not used to being challenged and steamrolls anyone who opposes him…SUPPORTING
>[LUCCA]Male, 40s-50s. Brazilian. Ruthless and cunning, will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Must be able to speak English fluently, but can have an accent…SUPPORTING
>[JACK]Male, Late 40s-Early 50s, British, open to all ethnicities. Handsome, charismatic and masculine. Jack is very self assured, almost cocky, but too cool to show it. Even in the most tense situations, he never shows fear…SUPPORTING
>[LUNA]Female, Mid-Late 20s, open to all ethnicities. Beautiful, could possibly have a severe look. Luna is intense and exudes a sense of power. Although she is a commanding presence, she is also slightly unhinged….SUPPORTING
>[WILLIAM]Male, Early 50s, Caucasian. A grounded, earnest middle-aged man. William carries a heaviness and a deep sense of sadness with him…SUPPORTING
>[CHARLOTTE]Female, Early-Mid 30s, Caucasian. A caring, warm mother. Charlotte can be stern at times, but she just wants what is best for her child…SUPPORTING
>>
>>93248318
>[HAMILTON] Male, 12 years old, open to all ethnicities. Chubby, sweet, innocent and genuine. Although he frequently gets picked on, he never lets it get to him …SUPPORTING
>[HOOVER] Male. 30s-40s. Open to all ethnicities. A man with a very strong presence, Hoover is an incredibly smart and ultra serious intelligence officer. SUPPORTING
>[SCARLET] Female. 20s. Open to all ethnicities. Very beautiful and fit. She is powerful and never backs down from an argument. Role requires a good deal of action/movement. Actresses with major dance, parkour, gymnastics or martial arts training are a huge plus. Should not be afraid of heights and must be comfortable in a wire harness. *Please note specifics of training on submission. SUPPORTING
>[MARIE] Female 6 years old (to play 6 or younger). Caucasian. An old soul trapped in a little girl’s body. Marie is a strong, but conflicted child who does not like to share her feelings. There’s something a bit eerie and haunted about her. MUST be able to show a wide array of emotions with ease. SUPPORTING
Damn FOX
>>
>>93248248
>>93248318
>>93248344

Who the shit are literally any of these characters?
>>
>>93248409
connect the dots, Brittany sounds like Dazzler.
>>
>>93248409
The 6 year old could be a flashback Magik
>>
>>93244463
Oh please. If Logan was played by Tom Hardy or someone else, no one would give a shit.
>>
>>93248644
What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>93244165
>i hope gladiator looks awsome with his mohawk
Don't worry, he won't. Because he won't have the mohawk. Because Fox hates making their characters look like their fun comic book counterparts because it's too gay and unrealistic.
>>
>>93248732

Yea we all Know Bryan Singer hates stuff that's too gay
>>
>>93248763
He's not gay, he's a pedo with a black leather fetish.

It's why the X-Men aren't allowed to have colorful outfits and can only have Dark Black outfits from the Matrix.
>>
>>93249088
You know it was because they wanted the movie to be taken more seriously right?
>>
>>93249173
I know. That's why MoS is Kino while Reeve is faggy trash. They knew to make the costumes darker and remove the lame underwear.

I'm glad decided to make the movie adaption of the fun comic about Mutants fighting robots and aliens and make it dull. So deep and mature with a wicked sense of humor. Just like me.

And I'm so glad we will never see Wolverine wear his iconic costume. The only costume he needs is street clothes and black leather. Woooo
>>
File: X-Men_(film)_2000.jpg (80KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_(film)_2000.jpg
80KB, 509x755px
>bitching about Singer's X-Men costumes

You underage anons have no idea what you're talking about. None of your precious capeshit would exist if it wasn't for this. Singer doesn't hate color and fun, he worships at the alter of Donner's Superman. When X-Men came out the words "Superhero movie" meant "Schumacher's Batman & Robin." His movie opened with a Holocaust scene and it fucking WORKED. His movie starred knighted Shakespearean actors. It had fun and levity but when it was tonally appropriate which is something that MCU can't nail SEVENTEEN years later.

And X2 was even better.
>>
>>93249265

I literally can't remember the last time I saw this much cancer in one post.
>>
>>93249319
Looking back, with a little bit of color added, these costumes would be solid
>>
>>93249319
The leather worked in X2. X1 eh....it was the first of the modern superhero movies so i give it a bit of a pass. X2 was a wolverine god loves man kills movie so the darker suits worked.

But apocalypse was full supervillain and should have had colourful suits.
>>
>>93249493
I hope they fix those cheap outfits they had at the end.
>>
>>93230980
>Seriously what the fuck happened to these movies?

The first two x-men movies were untested waters for Fox. By the third the Suits had wizened up to there being money in comic book movies. They've had a bumpy road, torn between where the franchise can be successful with or without Bryan Singer.

Remember Deadpool was something they cut the budget of and then dumped in February. They genuinely have no clue as to the value of their own properties.
>>
>>93248644

Criticizing Logan by comparing the real version to a fake version is demented and insane.
>>
Simon could make something great since he has been here since the beginning and has seen all of its ups and downs.
>>
File: 24368.jpg (43KB, 599x475px) Image search: [Google]
24368.jpg
43KB, 599x475px
>>93246460
>impossible to do without Wanda.
But Fox have their own Wanda anon
>>
>>93250511
she dead? or was that some one else
>>
>>93250536
Havok only I think, MCU Quicksilver is
>>
File: xmencostumeedit.jpg (91KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
xmencostumeedit.jpg
91KB, 610x374px
>>93249405
>>
>>93250636
way better
>>
>>93243547
Even Jubilee?
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.