[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this comic have a point? What are your thoughts on the argument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 527
Thread images: 106

File: DCS-TwMV0AAZFB_.jpg (305KB, 762x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DCS-TwMV0AAZFB_.jpg
305KB, 762x2048px
Does this comic have a point? What are your thoughts on the argument that specialized comic stores lead to problems within the industry?
>>
These people don't buy those kinds of comics unless they're actually well made (which for a decent chunk are not)
>>
>>93205064
Sage?
>>
>>93205064
It tells me that Dobson is a hack

And marvel is learning that if you pander to the sjw crowd you lose money
>>
There's no causal link here. Why would a specialized store intrinsically lead to muh sexism/racism/homophobia Boogeyman?
>>
>>93205124
I don't think sage works that way.
>>
>>93205064
I don't have the slightest fucking idea what he's trying to say. That's calling someone racist because they go to a specialized sporting goods store to buy scuba equipment. What the fuck does a store have to do with a person's interaction with the rest of society?
>>
>>93205168
This, it's moronic. Pretty sure sporting goods stores and hardware stores don't have this problem. Or any specialized stores in history.
>>
>>93205064
What kind of comic shop is that supposed to be?
He could have at least drawn an Android's Dungeon type of shop, instead of that... I dunno, nuclear bunker.
>>
I think the greatest thing Dobson ever did was writing his DA journals so we can laugh at his autism
>>
>>93205064
>4chan on the computer
>4chan HOME SCREEN on the computer
Nigga that's not how this site works
>>
>>93205359
Come to think of it, it's been years since I've seen the home page.
>>
File: 1228438795537.jpg (187KB, 512x813px) Image search: [Google]
1228438795537.jpg
187KB, 512x813px
Dobson is a self obsessed pillock of the highest order, and doesnt understand the reality of anything beyond his tiny existence
>>
>>93205223
I don't understand why he's saying going on 4chan is something so horrific that it needs to be exposed. At least he could just have /pol/ on the main screen. It seems pretty shitty to generalize people who buy comics and people who go to 4chan as progress-hating bigots.
>>
>>93205179
Well I mean this hysteria with sexism and racism in comics or whatever. It's pretty much been beaten to death now.
>>
>>93205448
Meh, that part doesn't bother me. I'm fine with the reputation we have. Frankly, I wish we were all still considered terrifying murderers thanks to the /b/ persona from seven years ago.
>>
Except comics are still a niche industry with a limited audience that is not cared beyond the success of the films.

Comics aren't like vidya where it has evolved to a point that a console is as common a household item like a television set and everyone owns at least one copy of CoD or FIFA. Shit like Life is Strange and Gone Home managed to be successful because vidya is such a large and open industry with millions of consumers that making niche games for niche audiences is possible.

I'm not saying no woman or gay or whatever likes comics. There's seven billion people on Earth, so a couple of girls are probably going to enjoy comics by law of statistic. But the truth of the matter there are just a small minority of a hobby that is already enjoyed by a small minority as is.
>>
>>93205519
>seven years ago
Ten buddy
>>
>>93205339
Why the fuck was Dobson offended about that comment about his drawing being "3-D"?
>>
>>93205519
I think it just annoys me because I'm one of the precious minorities this dude crows about, and yet I'm also standing in the way of progress because I buy and enjoy comic books, and enjoy talking about them on 4chan.
>>
>>93205637
I'm going to guess since he wasn't doing it in 3-D, he took it as an insult that she couldn't tell what he was drawing.
>>
>>93205064

>black lives matter
>progress
>dobson not illustrating a point that a niche interesting suddenly being thrusts into the spotlight being forced to change is unfair

If you don't like it, feel free to leave.
>>
>>93205553
Shut up.
>>
>>93205339

My favourite one is where he talks about his "arch nemesis" in high school that supposedly ruined his life or something, but it sounds more like he was a cool guy just trying to be his friend. Does anyone have that journal entry?
>>
File: IMG_7123.jpg (54KB, 750x394px)
IMG_7123.jpg
54KB, 750x394px
>>93205637
The better question, what isn't Dobson offended by?
>>
>>93205859
>self declared feminist but LOVES Other M

THUH BAY BEE
>>
>>93205064
Isn't this the guy nobody likes no matter how hard he tries to be liked?
>>
>>93205064
>Dobson
>>
>>93205859
This is what confuses me most of all
>Jumped into the SJW/feminism train
>Still thinks Metroid: Other M was good
That game literally made her into cry baby who just needs a good dicking.
>>
>>93205859
>a trilogy of games that were generally well received
>a blemish

Is he just trolling or is he really this out of touch?
>>
>>93205720
Dobson is an idiot who can't fathom anything outside of his narrow world view. Don't worry about it.
>>
hobbyists =/= identity/group.
>>
4chan's hatred of Other M and criticisms of it being genuinely sexist even on /v/ and /vg/ reaffirm to me that we can still recognize actual bullshit and aren't just contrarian faggots.
>>
File: archNemesis.png (196KB, 1060x506px)
archNemesis.png
196KB, 1060x506px
>>93205833
>>
>>93206014
Yes we are, fuck you!
>>
>>93205966
He's absolutely retarded and an extreme contrarian.
>>
>>93205966
he thinks other M is the best metroid game ever and Metroid Prime is the worst, whereas most people seem to think Prime or Super are the best and Other M is the worst.

another funny thing he does is that he never shuts up about his shitty opinion, and then he complains that nobody is letting it go
>>
>>93205064
It makes me want to brutally murder him with a rusty ice-pic
>>
File: IMG_5744.jpg (161KB, 750x824px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5744.jpg
161KB, 750x824px
>>93206014
Seriously, Other M had goofy shit like Samus not using stuff until she was authorized by the director's self-insert. Blatant character assassination for her. And yet Dobson loves it and still complains about people who dislike it to this day.
>>
>>93206060
>tfw you have to explain why M:OM's gameplay is fucking garbage on top of it's story because people like to damn it with false praise
>>
I think Dobson is best appreciated when you can hear his nasally voice as he rants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fphtNeHKwGo
>>
>>93205064
inflation bear is an idiot and never has a point.
>>
>>93206084
what is he talking about? did Link have the means to prevent the heat damage and was just told to not use them or is he just retarded?
>>
File: 1405294351265.jpg (85KB, 256x260px) Image search: [Google]
1405294351265.jpg
85KB, 256x260px
>>93205064
>stagnation
>that's Dobson hiding in the house
>>
>>93206016
>took an interest in his art AND was an artistic rival
If only I was so lucky, what a dick.
>laughs off his autism
>joking around with him like regular dudes do
>made sure to visit him at work
>asked out the girl he liked most likely doing that "if you don't ask her out, I will" thing in an effort to force him not to be a beta
>used his nickname

Christ, Dobson, if only I'd had a friend like that in highschool.
>>
>>93205064
Most comic book stores aren't torture chambers run by the KKK. Just because someone has a bad experience at one doesn't mean they all are the same and evil. Different buildings are run by different people. The same can be applied to other stores and restaurants.

Dobson is just autistic and trying to start a "Us vs Them" War because people like them can't function without drama and feuds.
>>
>>93206105
I still haven't heard his voice, I don't want that filth on my screen or coming from my speakers
>>
>>93206016
This almost reads like satire with how obviously he's overreacting and misinterpreting the situation
>>
>>93205064
Isolation leading to circlejerking is true.
Problem being that he bases his point on comic nerds being all actively hateful evil people rather than people who don't give a shit about that kind of thing and get pissed when outside people want to decide what their hobby should REALLY be about.
>>
>>93206121
He's just retarded.
>>
>>93205064
What is worse: self-hating nerds who do "LOL SO RELOCATABLE" comics about how they hate themselves or self-hating nerds who project their self-hatred onto others?
>>
File: IMG_5745.jpg (123KB, 750x734px)
IMG_5745.jpg
123KB, 750x734px
>>93206121
Dobson said the items you can use for heat protection don't count because you have to make them yourself. Yes, I don't understand either.
>>
>>93206159
I'm pretty sure he's just neurotic to a fallible psychotic degree. Bordering on paranoia.
>>
>>93205339
Dobson doesn't deserve love.
>>
>>93206016
Thank you.

>he showed the same interest in drawing as me, and he tried to talk to me at the movie theater and he tried to take away my qt crush!
>well, I never made any moves or anything, so he might have just not known... no he obviously did it just to piss me off!
>>
>>93205064
>IMAGINE BEING SO STUPID YOU LOOK AT COMIC BOOK STORES AND SEE OPRESSION
>>
We need some sort of memetic image to shut down these threads, that susincttlly say "Because Dobson's a fucking moron. Don't worry about it and move on.".

>>93205223
>that's calling someone racist because they go to a specialized sporting goods store to buy scuba equipment.

Unfortunately, they DO do that.

>>93205124
Your intent is good, but this one's going the distance, unless the mods boot it.
>>
>>93206204
the answer is Dobson
>>
>>93205064
I dont really consider /co/ a place where that sort of stuff is shunned, if anything this place calls out when writers do a fucking awful job telling these stories and make them as hamfisted as possible.
>Americops
>All marvel heroes who are black know each other
>All the fucking webcomics with quirky lesbians
>Characters where their only defining trait is that they are gay,trans or ethnic

I've seen plenty of threads discussing the material that was actually handled well, but 4chan in general is pretty offensive by nature in regards to everything, not just lgbt stuff. Pretty sure I've seen neckbeard thrown around more than anything anti lgbt.
>>
File: 1382374888284.gif (2MB, 350x196px)
1382374888284.gif
2MB, 350x196px
>>93206230
>We need some sort of memetic image to shut down these threads, that susincttlly say "Because Dobson's a fucking moron. Don't worry about it and move on."
>>
>>93205064
>lets expose these evil people on the internet
>except not me, I'll be a blue bear so nobody can tell I'm a 35 year old bald manchild
>>
>>93206230
>Unfortunately, they DO do that.
Who does that? Is this some kind of meta racism thing about black people not knowing how to swim?
>>
>>93206105
>playing a game at five frames per second
Good god, just buy a new computer already!
>>
>>93206204
Latter
>>
the day dobson got fired for being... well, himself
>>
>>93205223
I'd assume the argument is that a lot of the socializing surrounding comics was done in these stores. Comic shops are where you go to play DnD or MtG or tabletop games with strangers, where you'd talk with others about comics in person.

Thing is, nerd culture has historically been liberal. Comics in particular have had a relatively close relationship between author and reader, and generally the creative types that have populated the comics industry have been liberal. We've historically been attacked by conservatives over gross misinterpretations of our media or when we were perceived to be the means by which liberal ideas are spread.

That's not to say that a relatively homogeneous audience hasn't resulted in comics being a bit iffy, liberal racism is a real thing, but the open hostility to progressive ideas we see today isn't really the result of comic book shops. You can see this in /co/'s own history, we used to make fun of racist or bigoted bullshit all the fucking time. You could even argue that the reason comics have had a generally progressive mindset is because the stereotypical comic book reader was isolated during a time when people were fucking fantastically racist and sexist and homophobic and generally assholes to people not like themselves

What happened was the Internet and politics. Comic nerds tend to come from backgrounds that can support what can be a fairly expensive hobby (at least until digital piracy made it accessible to a wider audience) and creators tend to market towards white people in everything by default, we're made up of a generally self-sustaining white male audience that maybe didn't get the best shake in life for whatever reason. We're a prime target for right-leaning movements that can tell us what we want to hear, that it's some outside force's fault that things are changing. And even that is hardly the one singular source of everything wrong with comics.
>>
>>93206362
holy shit, got a teal deer you want to give us?
>>
>>93206105
SILKY SMOOTH 5 FPS
>>
>>93205339
Wow. Just... wow.
>>
>>93206403

dobson was getting shit at his job and gave someone the finger and got fired for it
>>
>>93206263
I'll be sure to use this! Thanks!
>>
>>93206362
So, I'm guessing he doesn't still have the girlfriend?
>>
>>93205064
Utter tripe. Moron doesn't know what he's talking about.

The move to specialized comic stores wasn't isolation, but the exact opposite. It was a reflection of greater demand, as comics became less some fringe thing for kids and nerds, and more part of mainstream popular culture.

True, this was partly driven by a bubble, as people started seeing comics as the collector's items they mostly weren't. It inflated throughout the 80s and early 90s until it burst. The demand has never again been so high.

But that bubble did give momentum to the pop-culture cred, which never went away. Starting with the '89 Batman movie maybe, comics started gaining an ever-more diverse readership. That diversity of readership has only continued to grow, and every year we see more and more people getting interested. The slew of successful movies since 2000 only attracts more readers.

Traditional publishing almost killed that, but didn't. Nobody was tracking what people actually bought, so the diverse readership wasn't getting what it wanted. Publishers didn't market to the reader, but the stores. Stores bought what they hoped would sell. So store owners were self-selecting and narrowing demand. Publishers narrowed the range of offerings, which unfortunately ignored many potential readers.

The core readers who remained were those who liked the mainstream offerings. Note: Mainstream, not lunatic fringe.

What saved the diversity of readership was not only some damn entertaining movies, but also independent publishing and the internet. The runaway success of TMNT may not have been replicated, but it inspired plenty of attempts. And the internet has made comics more accessible than ever. The low cost of entry for webcomics guarantees lots of crap, but also lots of variety for lots of audiences. Which attracts more varied talent, which caters to even more interests.

So there's never been a "comics culture," much less an isolated, festering one. This guy's an idiot.
>>
>>93205064
Wasn't the 70s full of writers TRYING TO HE PROGRESSIVE AND FULL OF STORIES OF EQUALITY AND PROGRESSION AND REAL ISSUES?
Like Neal Adams GL/GA?
Not to mention they stilled tried to target kids so they were full of politically correct PSAs that had positive lessons of accepting all and made sure to include everyone in their positive lil peptalks of a better tomorrow?
>>
>>93206263
Forgot about this. We should lead with this one every time.

>>93206279
Yes. That was the logic used in that case.

I think it's past metaracisim. I think we're now in a state of quantum mechanical racisim, where the bigotry of any given act can no longer be determined apriori. Like with Tiana's Prince in Princess and the frog. He exists as "needs a black prince" or it's racist", simultaniously with "requiring the prince be black" is also racist.
>>
>>93206381
So yeah trying to pin the blame on fucking comic book shops is more than a bit reductionist, and invoking the old bullied nerd stereotype when discussing racism risks rationalizing bullying those who are simply odd or introverted and further pushing the message that comic nerds aren't welcome in progressive circles.
>>
>>93205064
Guaranteed, he got kicked out of his local friendly comic shop for smelling like a hamster cage and decided right then and there, without a a hint of introspection, that they were racist bigots and that comic shops were legitimately a breeding ground for right wing death squads.
>>
File: 1377631627734.jpg (524KB, 800x624px)
1377631627734.jpg
524KB, 800x624px
>>93206642
You're more right than you know.
>>
File: dnd.jpg (677KB, 775x1126px)
dnd.jpg
677KB, 775x1126px
>>93206642
>>93206677
>>
>>93206362
>i was essentially fired and have overdue electric and internet bills
>im still going to go to a buffet, fabric place, make soap and buy other shit
>oh and im still going to a three day convention

What a fuckwit.
>>
>>93206690

It's ironic because in that comic he looks even nerdier than the DND Dorks
>>
>>93206560
It's like blaming all sex shops because someone raped someone else.
>>
>>93206690
>sign says closed
>goes in anyway
Dobson what the hell are you doing mang
>>
File: 1497054112740.png (624KB, 1151x762px)
1497054112740.png
624KB, 1151x762px
Dobson is a contrarian hypocritical retard, nothing more.
>>
>>93206677
>Do you have any Urusei Yatsura

NIGGA, YOU ALREADY FUCKING DREW A SHELF OF LUM VOLUMES IN YOUR OWN HOUSE. THIS IS SOME FUCKING META LEVELS OF STUPIDITY.
>>
Does Dobson still draw?
>>
>>93206880
OPs image is pretty new, isn't it? I've never seen it before.
>>
>>93206777
>>93206690
not only that but he went into a tabletop shop looking for videogames
>>
>>93206536
Dobson isn't smart.
>>
>>93205064
>does Dobson have a point?
The answer to that is always no. He lives in a fantasy world like most liberal artists.
>>
>>93205064
The poor fuck did nothing wrong he just stayed inside reading comics on his computer, why do you have to be an asshole to him, what did he ever do to you?
He literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>93206677
To be fair it is pretty BS that viz hasn't reprinted Urusei Yatsura yet.
>>
>>93206690
>hates jocks
>hated nerds
It's amazing how many people Dobby hates.
>>
>>93205064
He's a fucking lunatic and idiot, and so is anyone else who thinks comics or video games are less progressive than more mainstream entertainment industries.
>>
obligatory
>>
>>93205064
What? Having brick and mortar stores forces someone to go outside and interact with people. If he wanted to make this insanely dumb argument he would've said the age of online buying is what caused whatever problem he's talking about.
>>
File: J.png (224KB, 483x396px) Image search: [Google]
J.png
224KB, 483x396px
>>93206105
>11:00
>What's this guy doing? ... I hope he doesn't try to kill me.... (Sigh) (Sighs harder)

Why the fuck is Dobson so pathetic? What causes him to whine so fucking much? He even whines about having to play the game that he's playing, jesus.
>>
File: dobson irl.jpg (216KB, 1000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
dobson irl.jpg
216KB, 1000x1504px
>>
File: 1411443128102.jpg (42KB, 500x501px)
1411443128102.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>93205064
Somebody post the "original"
>>
>>93207105

>Likes: Sleeping, Eating

What an extraordinary man
>>
>>93207105
>Likes sleeping and eating
Is there anything that someone could possibly list as a like that would make them look worse?
>>
>>93205378
Huh, I didn't even think about that. I only have the boards I frequent bookmarked.
>>
File: dobs1.jpg (93KB, 549x383px) Image search: [Google]
dobs1.jpg
93KB, 549x383px
>>
>>93207105
He's fuckin balder than that.
>>
File: wut.jpg (44KB, 900x900px)
wut.jpg
44KB, 900x900px
Have you notice this schizophrenic hyocrisy?

at first
>nerds are cool don't bully them nerd culture is awesome so cool jocks sucks nerds rules
now
>nerds are evil boogeymen that must be destroyed
>>
>>93205064
Why is the nigger holding the trans flag instead of the BLM flag?
>>
>>93207105
>dislikes
>negativity
>>
File: heavy.png (282KB, 526x550px) Image search: [Google]
heavy.png
282KB, 526x550px
>>93207105
>5'6

____ ___ _______ _____??
>>
>>93205064
So according to this comic, if organic foods moved to specialized organic foods store everyone who consume this type of food will become a nazi or a /pol/ack ?
>>
>>93205064
>Black Lives Matter banner
>holded not by black

progress indeed
>>
>>93205223
You're homophobic if you don't buy the snorkel that looks like a penis.
>>
File: cattyn.png (587KB, 720x514px)
cattyn.png
587KB, 720x514px
>>
>>93207105
>5'6"
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1485265235069.jpg (226KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1485265235069.jpg
226KB, 1200x899px
>>93207105
fixed version
>>
>>93205064
I don't understand. People have been shitting on Dobson the inflatable wonder for years. Why is he still making comics and art? Who is funding this sad, sad, man?
>>
>>93206084
You know, you can love something even if you think it's sexist or racist. We criticize shit we like.

Other M is probably one of the most memorable examples of a beloved franchise being absolutely fucking ruined by sexism in a way that's almost objective. Gratuitous ass shots, Samus becoming almost obsessed with motherhood out of nowhere, andher being downgraded into someone weak and demure in service of propping up a male authority figure.

Dobson can like the game, he doesn't need anyone's permission to enjoy it. A lot of people enjoyed the gameplay itself even if unlocking things felt unsatisfying because of the story. But god damn how much lead paint do you have to buttchug to deliberately miss why a woman performing mental gymnastics to justify not even acting in self preservation without permission from a father figure might be a little different from a boy being told to do some dangerous thing and then needing to find out a way to endure and eventually overcome that dangerous thing? The latter is an obstacle to be overcome, the former is someone in an abusive relationship that doesn't believe they have the right to act autonomously.
>>
>>93207127
He looks like Al from fucking Toy Story 2
>>
>>93207187
Dobson's desperately seeking attention and affection. He thought the geek community would accept him but he's so fucking annoying that even the outcasts and malformed social retards of the world hate his guts. Instead he's turned to this SJW thing, but he hasn't quite realized yet that nobody in that sphere likes him either. I don't think there's any group on earth that would take him. Maybe a suicide cult or something, but even then he'd whine them to death before they could get the kool aid out.
>>
>>93205064
So if they still sold comics in grocery stores Captain America would've been a bisexual muslim trans-woman of color by the late 90's?
>>
File: dobbo.png (2MB, 1499x866px) Image search: [Google]
dobbo.png
2MB, 1499x866px
>>
>>93206016
Haha holy fuck, this sounds like someone who wanted to be his friend and jokingly picked on him and stuff. And he's calling him one of his "demons"? I fail to understand Dobson more and more each day.
>>
>>93205064

Man I hate Trumo but at least since he is here BLM has gone silent.
>>
File: 457458.png (310KB, 585x800px) Image search: [Google]
457458.png
310KB, 585x800px
>>93206690
I know people exactly like Dobson, this is a more realistic depiction of him.
>>
>>93205126
>Implying it wasn't just Marvel twisting the knife which they stabbed their fan's backs with

The whole "diversity doesn't sell" was a method to make SJWs complain about comicfags even more like what they did to gamers. It didn't work fortunately
>>
File: 10293847567.png (492KB, 747x714px) Image search: [Google]
10293847567.png
492KB, 747x714px
>>93207187
That's the way things are going right now.
>>
>>93206528
I think where Dobson gets the impression of isolation is that there definitely is a comic culture, but it's not really unique in how it functions, it's just like any other esoteric subculture. It's not really exclusive either, the only barrier to entry is your willingness to consume and then talk about comics-related shit. Just like with any other form of media. Yet if you find yourself on the fringe of that culture, being able to understand it yet not really fitting in with the people around you, you feel isolated.

Dobson, in his classic neurotic way, is just projecting his own isolation onto the comics scene. He reads comics, he creates comics, yet he can't seem to fit in with other people who share this interest. He's not one for self reflection however so he blames the comics scene and jumps onto a convenient bandwagon of hate aimed at the scene these days to explain his "exclusion" from a group that is in reality just due to his own personality disorders.
>>
>>93206016
I wonder how someone gets to be this unlikable of a person.
>>
File: C4MAHcyUcAARIta.jpg (109KB, 1200x571px) Image search: [Google]
C4MAHcyUcAARIta.jpg
109KB, 1200x571px
>>
>>93207280
Not just that. But people would buy said bisexual muslim trans-woman of color because there are no disgusting NERDS! to hurt people with their racism.

Because that's what's stopping books like Mosiac and Sam Wilson from selling. The environment. Not the shitty constant relaunching, shitty writing, number of books, the continuity, expensive pricing, delays, constant events, or overall niche of said entertainment.
>>
>>93207268
>You know, you can love something even if you think it's sexist or racist. We criticize shit we like.
I agree with you, and thankfully I think most people rejected that rendition of Samus because so many people do like who she is.
>>
>>93205064

And of course, the talentless ass lord that is Dobson defaults to 4chan as a website representation for comic book misogyny, racism, and homophobia
>>
>>93207187
He just jumps from fad to fad trying to be cool, he's too neurotic to really fit in with any group of people sincerely. Nerds never really accepted him because he was so obviously contrarian and phony in everything he talked about, so he jumps on the SJW train hoping to gain popularity with that crowd and he gets to stick it to the mean nasty nerds who made fun of him at the same time. In his mind there is no contradiction because he's a shallow, parasitic turd.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (14KB, 193x149px)
Capture.jpg
14KB, 193x149px
>>93207290

What would you guess the character is currently doing just based on their face:

A) They're in line at mcdonalds and deciding what to order
B) They just farted and they're trying to figure out if it was a shart or not
C) They're in a dynamic fistfight
>>
>>93207268
Yeah but Dobson claims to hate "sexist crap" so his love of Other M seems kinda hypocritical.
>>
>>93207424
A. Definitely A. That's the look of someone who isn't that hungry trying to decide if they want chicken or a burger.
>>
>>93205064
>Dobson oversimplifies an already stupid Moviebob talking point

wewlad
>>
>>93207475
Friendly reminder, you posted his "correction". Originally it was this until people pointed out that's not what sexist means.
>>
>>93207421
It's really interesting how he is hated on pretty much every website, Tumblr, Twitter, DA, 4chan... There are tons of terrible and popular artists but they have fans at least, i don't know how Dobson is so unlikeable.
>>
>>93207528
yeah, even Moviebob has enough of a fandom to make three grand a month on patreon. Not even Dobson gets that.
>>
>>93207358
A) Be born with a disposition towards being annoying (nasally voice, short stature, desperate to be included yet fling insults around like a hippo fanning his shit)
B) Have absolutely no self reflection whatsoever and thus no ability to work on or fix your inherent problems. Instead blame everyone else while still trying to grovel to them.
>>
>>93207105
> Sleeping
> Eating
Imagine being so dull a person you list doing things necessary to function as an organism as a hobby
>>
>>93205064
>no "inflation fetish pride" flag
cant be real
>>
File: Schwarbage.jpg (61KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarbage.jpg
61KB, 750x563px
>>93207105
>doesn't like mayo
>>
>>93207528
It's cause he's so disingenuous. Every time he brings up a hot button topic he has to insert himself into the comic somehow, has to contextualize his opinion against "the bad guys," has to talk about how he personally suffers like it is important. He can't even do the self-deprecating style of humor right because it just comes across as maudlin and fishing for compliments cause his ego is so fragile he can't even pretend to be critical of himself.

It just all adds up to him being super obnoxious.
>>
File: 1493419945025.gif (2MB, 220x190px)
1493419945025.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>93206105

The FUCKING end of that video will never not get a laugh out of me. Pretty much sums the man up in general.
>>
>>93207682
What happens? I have never been able to make it more than a minute and a half.
>>
>>93207232
how embarassing
>>
>>93206206
>I'm pretty confident the issue with Metroid vs Link is purely a sexist one

I mean, he's kind of right, in that everyone thought it was sexist that bad-ass female bounty hunter and professional pirate killer Samus Aran was holding back her big guns like a good girl because some guy told her to.
>>
>tfw you realize Dobson probably ISN'T a creative or artistically oriented individual and pursues art for the sake of being noticed, given how he broadcasts literally everything to the world
>>
It amazes me that Dobson goes through these bouts of

>Woe is me! Why won't those darn dirty trolls just leave me alone!? I can't even draw anymore because I have PTSD from cyberbullying!

But then, like clockwork he always comes out with shitty little vitriolic comics or tweets to kick the hornets nest again. It's like he's such a massive asshole he literally can't restrain himself.
>>
File: giantsize_cover.png (827KB, 630x959px)
giantsize_cover.png
827KB, 630x959px
>>93205064
I could kill this faggot. Comics have been and always will be the most progressive movement, women super heroes, minority super heroes, and everything were fucking everywhere. For god sakes in 1975 they introduce what would become the most popular super hero team that was minorities the team. A native American, a Japaneses hero (consider the times), A Soviet Russian hero (would be like Muslims today, a fucking German looking demon shit and the most powerful member, A black woman all went on a mission to save the all white team from something they couldn't handle but minority team could and people fucking loved it so much it was a top comic seller for 30 fucking years, and they kept adding minority heroes to where that was the X-books shticks, minorities and homosexuals being mutants because it was such a great fucking commentary on how things were evolving with minorities as well as how people were responding to it and what not in 70s up. Fuck I am so mad at idiots like him that think any of this shit is new.
>>
>>93207740
He's that kid in middle school who got teased constantly because he threw a huge fit over every little thing and people just wanted to see him make an ass of himself. And he never grew up.
>>
>>93207740
he wants attention and will say what is necessary to get it.
>>
File: dobbohijab.jpg (107KB, 532x602px)
dobbohijab.jpg
107KB, 532x602px
>>
>>93207738
I don't even think that he's that bad of an artist, it's just what he draws and how he portraits himself and others in them. It's just fascinating how someone is so much trying to be a good guy and fails miserably, and still after all these years haven't really learn anything.

I think he really wants to be a guy who stand on the top of a hill and spouts his opinions while crowd is cheering for him.
>>
File: tumblr_lvuorm6dbC1qmf3bx.jpg (21KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvuorm6dbC1qmf3bx.jpg
21KB, 500x289px
>>93205064

>reacts like a child when things like this are made
>wonders why Dobson makes this

I mean, I hate the guy, but he has a point here.

>>93205119
>>93205126
>>93205168
>>93205223
>>93205223
>>93205733

See?
>>
>>93207750
Not to mention the whole Mutant thing was a way to illustrate real bigotry in society. Lots of kids grew up learning "racism is bad" from the X-men cartoon.
>>
>>93207797
Dobson has such an issue with drawing faces. Can an artfriend break down why they're always so obnoxious to look at?
>>
>>93207362
FUCKING EXCUSES. I WORK A 12 HOUR JOB 5 DAYS A WEEK, AND STILL AT LEAST DRAW FOR 2 HOURS A DAY, FUCKING HELL! THERE'S A REASON WHY YOUR ART IS LITERALLY TRASH
>>
>>93207831
how do any of these prove your point
>>
>>93207696
he dies and then goes on to relate losing progress in the game to how nothing maters in his life.
>>
>>93207846
"God Loves, man kills" was a serious revelation for my kid self to understand the world of irrational self hate. No wait, that didn't happen, according to inflated bear person I was isolated just reading comics from comic stores. Yeah fuck this cunt, he dies the world just gets better by default.
>>
>>93207290
BREAKING NEWS:
muslim girl attack to innocent civil, this hate crime happen when man said "good morning" to muslim girl.
>>
>>93207187
If everyone on 4chan decided they loved Dobson tomorrow he'd instantly be spouting frog memes ,/pol/ posting and bitching about SJWs. The dude just wants to be accepted but he's so chronically unlikable.
>>
>>93205064
I'm pretty sure Preston read somewhere that direct market is bad, then read about Marvel's VP of Jewish Tricks blaming readers for not buying their multikulti shit, and co(i)nflated the two because he's a moron.
>>
>>93207797
>she asks her father's permission for what she should wear
Nice going, Dobby
>>
>>93207922
I'm curious to see if this would work
>>
>>93207896

Bigoted crybabies at best, oblivious morons at worst
>>
File: fix.png (273KB, 532x602px) Image search: [Google]
fix.png
273KB, 532x602px
>>93207849
It's partially how many lines he adds to their faces.
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (41KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
41KB, 569x428px
>>93205064
>Does this comic have a point?
No, but like many of blue bear's comics, it does include a strawman.

>He's on 4chan
Lol'd
>>
>>93207913
Typical Muslim
>>
File: IMG_7044.jpg (204KB, 750x1053px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7044.jpg
204KB, 750x1053px
>>93207922
No, because all he cares about are lesbians. He did come to 4chan and was offered pretty decent feedback, and ended up making that okay Obama/Joker comic which was a step up from his normal works.

But he's so bitter he can't deal with anything but lesbians.
>>
>>93207941
they're raising valid points, dobson
you're free to actually offer counterarguments
>>
>>93207951
He's on 4chan's homepage, which suggests he doesn't really use the site.
>>
>>93207913
Innocent man?, white men are never innocent.
>>
Blob is still worse
>>
>>93207940
/pol/ managed to convert Ben Garrison to the alt right just by constantly spamming edited versions of his comics, and Dobson is probably way more of a pushover. Then again he's likely not as pragmatic as Garrison and his persecution complex might just go critical mass.
>>
>>93207948
Yeah, that's a lot better actually! I wonder why such simple lines trigger a disgust response?
>>
>>93207849
>>93207797
Well first of all, his faces are often a little asymmetrical, which makes faces look less natural/alive. The girl's left eye is bigger than her right one. Secondly, she has a lot of wrinkles for what I assume to be a teenage girl. Wrinkles on cartoon characters tend to make them look a lot older. Third of ass, even for a cartoon the girl's facial proportions are wacky. In real humans, eyes are lie halfway between the top and bottom of the face, while this girl's eyes are closer to the top. This is especially off putting because this gives her a small forehead, while larger foreheads are more associated with youth.
>>
>>93207971
thats only after Kazerad blew him the fuck out though
>>
>>93207979
I was laughing at the fact Dobson's strawman bad guy uses 4chan. I doubt Dobson uses this site.
>>
>>93208040
It's funny because if you screen capped this post with your corrections and sent it to him he'd probably be too proud to accept the advice.
>>
>>93208040
Holy shit, you're a wizard. Fantastic edit senpai! Jesus Christ, I wish Dobson would listen to criticism like this. Such simple concepts could do wonders for his artwork.
>>
>>93208040
>turning a dobson butterface into a qt just by erasing a couple lines and copy/pasting an eyeball
It's scary how close his art is to being acceptable yet how consistently he veers off into uncanny valley territory with his shit.
>>
>>93208090
It helps because he's trying for a simplistic look then wants to add unnecessary details that ruins it. Also, a rudimentary grasp of anatomy.
>>
>>93208040
>Third of ass
>>
I commented that he was wrong and he blocked me. Real mature there Dobby.
>>
>>93208033
I think it happened because the alt right point of view was put in logic he understood and eventually he started listening
>>
File: Uun6OX3.png (150KB, 419x362px)
Uun6OX3.png
150KB, 419x362px
>>93205064
> Having a business specialize in selling one type of product isolates the consumers from society
> Implying isolation is the reason NEETs hate certain groups
>>
>>93206230
>We need some sort of memetic image to shut down these threads
How soon we forget.
>>
>>93208170
Hence why I called him pragmatic. He didn't see a point in fighting it anymore and decided to use it to his own advantage. If they were gonna spread his comics he might as well make comics they didn't have to edit.
>>
>>93206105
I really hate the term "Gaslighting" because legitimately insane/wrong people keep using it as the invincible defense because OBVIOUSLY there's a conspiracy afoot trying to tell you you're wrong or need help when you know damn well you're perfect!
>>
>>93208290
I've always said I don't mind a lot of "SJW" terminology I just don't trust most opportunistic people to use it correctly.
>>
>>93205339
This hurts to read.
>>
>>93205637
He probably wasn't actually offended and just pretended he was, thinking it would give him a leg to stand on in this fight. i.e. what my ex did.
>>
>>93208207
I miss Carnival
>>
>>93206105
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9O5ItmZf84

This is my favorite whiny Dobson Vlog.
>>
>>93206528
>The move to specialized comic stores wasn't isolation, but the exact opposite. It was a reflection of greater demand
Actually it was caused by DC trying to fuck Marvel's marketshare.
>>
>>93205859
>prime is the worst
>>
File: kermit fuuuuuuu.jpg (15KB, 174x167px) Image search: [Google]
kermit fuuuuuuu.jpg
15KB, 174x167px
>>93205064

>BLM
>progress

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pride-parade-toronto-1.3662823

>Black Lives Matter Toronto stalls Pride parade
>>
>>93207941
So, someone who goes to a WholeFoods in order to buy organic vegetables is a racist? And it's also racist to say that idea is stupid? That's what you're saying.
>>
>>93205064
>Black Lives Matter
>Progress
Hah hah, silly old bear
>>
File: v-for-vendetta-deluxe-mask.jpg (277KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
v-for-vendetta-deluxe-mask.jpg
277KB, 1750x2500px
>>93208575
This is the issue with vague nonsense internet groups that anyone can claim to be the leader of.
>>
>>93205859
Contrarians I can handle. We're full of them.
This guy is next level shit. There is a fucking Bizarro universe out there somewhere, and somehow our Dobson got swapped at birth with theirs.
>>
>>93207290
Holy shit, Kamala Khan is pretty much Dobson's wet dream of a character. While being shapeshifter, she generally only uses her powers to expand, or rather, inflate, portions of her body. He's drawinf his fetish here in a sfw context.
>>
File: IMG_2693.jpg (113KB, 750x599px)
IMG_2693.jpg
113KB, 750x599px
>>93208568
Have some more
>>
>>93206084
What the fu-
>>
>>93207750
>a Japaneses hero (consider the times)
What's so strange about that in 1975?
>>
>>93208731
Does Dobson realize that something can be well designed, loved and still not be your taste?
>>
>>93208575
And get this; they won.
They act like petulant fucking children, hold a whole fucking parade hostage, and their reward is everything they asked for.
Apparently our shit country doesn't understand the concept of "precedent" or "don't negotiate with terrorists".
So they get what they wanted. No uniformed cops in the parade. Hurrah!
And they won't be attending. Because they never fucking cared about the community in the first place. It was just another pathetic, attention grab "FUCK DA POLICE" childish tantrum.
Can you imagine walking into a place, telling everyone there that they're bad people and need to cater to your whims, for whatever reason you're such a spineless shit that you do it, and then they just leave. AND YOU CONTINUE CATERING TO THEIR WHIMS?
Fuck this City.
Province.
Country.
>>
>>93208792
Did Trudeau at least give you the legal weed?
>>
>>93208762
No.
A lot of people don't understand the idea of "this is garbage but I like it".
So many assume that it's automatically good because they like it.

Take Ultimate Marvel's Ultimatum.
I recognize that it is complete shite, but I still enjoy it regardless.
I'm not going to defend it unless people say Spidey wasn't heroic as fuck during it but I'm still going to read through it every now and then.
>>
File: bernie-blm--e1439090411627.jpg (31KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
bernie-blm--e1439090411627.jpg
31KB, 475x356px
>>93208792
lol at least they didn't cuck one of your most popular politicians out of his platform

I wonder how many groups these people can alienate before it's all said and done?
>>
Anybody have the tweet where Zelda Williams was grieving over her recently passed father, and DObson sent her a message with a picture of girl thor telling somebody to "Calm thine tits"
>>
>>93207475
I mean, I don't like sexist crap either and I've got plenty of criticism to throw at that "breathes through her skin" bullshit. Dobson, however, seems only capable of criticizing something if he doesn't like it. I like MGSV, but I'm not going to turn into a defensive twit just because someone rightly points out that the justification behind Quiet's attire exists purely to justify titties and otherwise adds nothing to the plot.

All media is subject to criticism, even the ones you like. And the media you don't like is sometimes going to make a damn good point about something and you can't always just disregard that point because you don't like the source.
>>
>>93208849
>>
File: metroidcomic1.jpg (224KB, 840x568px) Image search: [Google]
metroidcomic1.jpg
224KB, 840x568px
>>93208731
oh god, I just realized.
He hates Metroid Prime because it was probably the first time he saw Samus with blonde hair.

>>93208821
He super double pinky swears it's coming, just as soon as we give him a second term for suresies.
>>
>>93205064
What comics are racist
>>
>>93208821
Justin Castro hasn't technically legalized weed but we've got government subsidized dispensaries which are pathetically easy to qualify for.
>name
>address
>"My back hurts"
>>93208792
At least his approval is going downwards
>>
>>93208883
But Samus has blonde hair in Other M? Wait, does he like Other M because it features a blonde person being virtually subservient to a brunette for the whole time?
>>
>>93205064
Calm thine tits Dobson
>>
>>93208938
>>93208883
Things are starting to make sense.
>>
>>93208920
Racism in comics usually isn't out-and-out blatant racism but rather cultural artifacts of a society struggling with a racist history. You can point to any one comic and probably accurately claim it's not racist, but when you take in comics as a whole you might notice that comics only seem to cater to a white male audience. It's usually not as simple as pointing to any one thing as racist/not racist because the problems the industry faces regarding that are more systemic

Dobson seems to incorrectly attribute these issues to white pasty nerds being too anti-social to learn to not be racist - yeah, anyone that personally believes that black people are inferior should probably be criticized, but >>93206528
gives a much better picture of what's going on.
>>
File: 1419591419046.png (146KB, 310x275px)
1419591419046.png
146KB, 310x275px
more people have posted in this thread than have retweeted or liked any of his twitter ramblings for the past 6 months combined
>>
File: 3lIUl4o.jpg (120KB, 500x333px)
3lIUl4o.jpg
120KB, 500x333px
>>93206528
>It inflated throughout the 80s and early 90s until it burst.
>>
>>93205064
comic book nerds were the quickest to adapt to social justice. they are just retarded at implementing it

i have never met a sexist comic nerd, they have all been super up tight about being respectful and shit. if anything, vidya nerds are bad.
>>
>>93207750
Yes, but no one is buying Mosiac or Sam Wilson.

Obviously, this is the racist comic book store who are totally barring people from buying the books with their racism and not current Marvel comics's shitty business practices/talent.
>>
File: dobs.jpg (276KB, 603x859px) Image search: [Google]
dobs.jpg
276KB, 603x859px
>>93205064
>>
>>93205064
Its funny how Dobson flips between virtue signaling and then doing something like telling a grieving woman to calm her tits out of nowhere.
>>
>>93207143
Eating is basically the more boring version of "cooking" and "trying new foods"
It just makes you look lazy and uninteresting.
>>
QUESTION:
Who is Dobson? And why should I care about what he thinks?
>>
>>93209450
https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Andrew_Dobson
>>
>>93207073
Deep down, he only hates himself, and projects that on anyone who doesn't validate his ridiculous life.

Probably, I dunno, I ain't a fuckin' psychologist.
>>
>>93209450
>Who is Dobson?
A piece of shit

>And why should I care about what he thinks?
You shouldn't
>>
>>93207203
Not specialized enough. Now a gluten-free bakery... Nothing but nazis
>>
File: dobson loss.jpg (101KB, 317x750px) Image search: [Google]
dobson loss.jpg
101KB, 317x750px
>>
>>93205223
>What the fuck does a store have to do with a person's interaction with the rest of society?
It's called collectivism, and bourgeois leftists have a huge boner for it.
>>
>>93205064
>that last flag not being behind the 3rd one
also who the fuck goes onto the front page of 4chan
>>
What I don't get about SJWs like Dobson is their obsession with race. Sometimes I wonder if they saw anyone outside that wasn't white during their yearly walk they would start gushing over them, internally or externally. I would expect /pol/tards to do essentially the same thing but with more going online and bragging about their supposed purity and how disgusted they were.
>>
>>93205064
This is fucking stupid and blindly ignores a shitload of things that went on during the decades.

You know why they tried to get another venue aside from the newsstand? Because newsstand sales went down! You know what the benefit of having the direct market was? So that they can have comics that wouldn't be affected by the Code! A lot of Vertigo stuff would NOT have been sold on the newsstand! The Authority, a comic with a Superman and Batman analogues as a gay couple, would not have been sold on the newsstand either at the time they were published! Homophobia was far bigger in the 90's that it was today and DC wouldn't have let that pass if they had been trying to sell it in the supermarket!

The only person with a fucking backwards mindset here is the guy who made that fucking webcomic!
>>
>>93209713
>The only person with a fucking backwards mindset here is the guy who made that fucking webcomic!
That's not new information.
>>
>>93209604
you owe me a new pair of sides
>>
>>93209710
/pol/tards and tumblrtards are the same fucking thing. They are both insanely racist, they just demonstrate it in difference ways.
>>
>>93209787
Dobson is always developing new and creative ways to get different groups of people to hate him.
>>
>>93206362
>Badgering people into giving you a vacation for some convention when someone else has already scheduled
Not being a team player there, Dobby.
>Talk to lead supervisor about harrassment
Okay, fair enough. Nobody deserves that in a workpla-
>Get him out of an important meeting so he can deal with problems that could easily have waited until afterwards
You fuckwit.
>>
Is Dobsen under the impression SJWs give out good boy points?
>>
>>93209078
>you might notice that comics only seem to cater to a white male audience
That's not racist, though.
That's making things for your main consumer base.
It's similar to, but not as bad as, not having a black lead in a movie that you want to make you a lot of money because they Chinese market don't like blacks.
Some of the consumers may fill the description of racism, others just like to look at things they enjoy.
>>
>>93209604
What I never understood about the original is why the girl is covering her breasts if the guy is taking pics of her ass
>>
>>93209869
Is there a newer version of this?
>>
File: 1483527414663.jpg (261KB, 953x772px) Image search: [Google]
1483527414663.jpg
261KB, 953x772px
>>93209850
Pic very related
>>
>>93209980
The answer is always "Because Dobson is stupid"
>>
>>93206263
This image is perfect.
>>
>>93205064
Who the fuck is Dobson, and why should any body give a shit that a retarded care-bear furry is making a stupid webcomic that panders his hack-n-eyed opinion to slack-jawed retards that read it?
>>
>>93210018
I chuckled.
>>
>>93205064
Comic Books were pushed into the specialty stores because of the common sentiment that people who still read comics were immature nerds. It's the same thing that happened with Tabletop gaming and science fiction. The culture surrounding them eventually became popular with the mainstream audiences who were searching for something new and more obscure to latch onto and Nerd culture became the target. So now the people who pushed nerds out of the mainstream and into the insular communities are pushing those nerds out of the new main stream and into other obscure communities. It is basically a form of Subculture Gentrification.
>>
>>93209869
He is the anti-life equation
>>
>>93208040
connie!
>>
>>93205859
>what is the "metroid prime" trilogy for $500
That's not how jeopardy works
>>
>>93206362
>be gay
>read post from this Dobson guy
>think this guy is a giant faggot
>>
File: IMG_3129.jpg (32KB, 212x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3129.jpg
32KB, 212x320px
How will Dobson's internet infamy, or life if you want to go that far, end? I'm guessing finally being cut off from the Bank of Mom, kicked out, upsetting SJWs more than he already has, dying from a bad case of poor diet and lack of exercise, getting owned so hard by a professional artist, or finally become an hero.

Thoughts?
>>
>>93205064
They still sell comics in newstands and libraries where I live, and I can safely say that Marvel's attempts at diversity are embarrasing nonsense.
>>
File: 294be0c51756.jpg (275KB, 762x375px) Image search: [Google]
294be0c51756.jpg
275KB, 762x375px
>>
>>93210459
>It was just a fad, it never caught on
>>
File: 1d0a81c16522.jpg (203KB, 765x349px) Image search: [Google]
1d0a81c16522.jpg
203KB, 765x349px
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: rampant bigotry.jpg (153KB, 750x995px) Image search: [Google]
rampant bigotry.jpg
153KB, 750x995px
>>93210363
Dobson knows as much about Jeopardy as he does about comics.
>>
>>93207971
Creepy and offensive
>>
>>93210509
/co/ is one of the least racist and sexist boards I go on. And considering this is 4chan, we've got to be the worst of the worst comics fans, right? Dobson is just making up bogeymen so he can be condescending and maybe get girls to notice him.
>>
>>93209710
>>93207971
did this not answer your question.
>>
>>93206690
As a /tg/ goer this makes me amused that he was intimidated away by a DnD group.
>>
>>93205966
He hates it because he thinks it's a dudebro FPS.
>>
>>93210502
Both the art and the writing are lazy as fucking shit. I bet he even thought that was clever too.
>>
>>93210438
Tragic accident at a self-serve tire pump station outside a 7/11.
>>
>>93210509
>Comics culture
This sentence itself is wrong in any ways
>>
>>93210700
My buddy used to work at a lasertag shithole and one night decided to use his key to let us in so we could play D&D in the back room. Turns out his boss had rented the place out to a Werewolf LARP who freaked the fuck out when they found us.
>>
>>93210641
>maybe get girls to notice

That time has long since passed him by. At this point he might as well kill himself and hope to be reincarnated as someone else altogether, because that's the only way he'll ever get laid.
>>
>>93210459
>>93210502
Fun fact: the Danny and Spot comics were inspired from some people mocking or doubting the Wii on a gaming forums that he frequented. He created an enemy list of sorts and still has it to this very day.

He mentioned this in one of his Minecraft videos. I would post it, but I'm a lazy person that doesn't want to endure Dobson's whiny voice to find it.
>>
>>93210788
He's got a lot of work ahead of him to actually make it higher on the karmic ladder.
And even if he does climb up a rung, I'm not sure the other banana slugs would have him.
>>
>>93210773
We used to play by our local store and one of our group was a regular Gym-rat. Constantly acted like a jock to grognards but he was very well versed in his RPG shit.

Was funny as shit.
>>
>>93207797

Yeah, I remember immediately after Trump got elected the hate crimes against Muslims skyrocketed. Oh wait...Why doesn't Dobson do a comic about little girls in Iran and Afghanistan scared about not wearing a hijab because they might be raped, maimed and murdered? You know, something that happens daily. This is the same thing as that stupid image floating around on Facebook about how Muslim women and nuns are the same. Disgusting. Dobson is a fucking coward.
>>
>>93210842
christ, one of the guys who got me into D&D was a total Chad. It takes all sorts.
>>
File: judging.gif (49KB, 578x443px) Image search: [Google]
judging.gif
49KB, 578x443px
>>93210509
>disgust of diversity
that's not how sentences work
>>
>>93210856
That mentally handicapped white guy that got kidnapped and tortured by 4 niggers only because he was a trump supporter would be a better example
>>
>>93208760
Japanese/Japanese Americans were still widely distrusted and seen as enemies of the country well into the 80s. Just because they nuke their shit doesn't mean they trusted them.
>>
>>93210928
DnD really was the burger king kid's club generator.

>have guy with literal surfer dude accent
>He DMs, everything sounds like Bill and Teds Fantasy Adventure
>>
>>93210938
It's social media, what did you expect?
>>
>>93208760
Consider that most of the adult population had lived through WWII at that point and still didn't trust them. Similar to being German.
>>
>>93210856
>Yeah, I remember immediately after Trump got elected the hate crimes against Muslims skyrocketed.
People need to stop fretting. Hate crimes against Muslims are part and parcel of living in a big city.
>>
File: AndrewDobson.png (2MB, 788x3780px)
AndrewDobson.png
2MB, 788x3780px
>>93205064
Reminder that he masturbates to this and has the audacity to speak with moral authority
>>
>>93210945
>were still widely distrusted and seen as enemies of the country well into the 80s

But that's literally wrong and you can even hear Marty McFly say that the Japanese are great and make all the best products in Back to the Future, a movie made in 1985, and in 1982, there is a very apparent Japanese influence in the future-culture of the movie.
>>
>>93211036

Go to bed, Sadiq.
>>
>>93210991
My D&D group was
>dopey neckbeard
>chad
>neckbeards' brother, also a chad
>one-armed sword enthusiast
>edgy tryhard
>hillbilly
>proto-neckbeard me
It was fucking wild.
>>
>>93211064
>and in 1982, there is a very apparent Japanese influence in the future-culture of Bladerunner

Derp
>>
>>93211064

Blade Runner also had a very apparent Japanese influence on the city and it's culture.
>>
>>93211092

How did the guy lose his arm? Or was he born that way?
>>
>>93207105
>clipboard with paper
Why doesn't he have a proper sketchbook?
>>
>>93211126
Born that way. He's also jacked as fuck. The whole lot of us have been friends for ages, but back then we were all awkward fuckers. It was a great time though.
>>
>>93211126
Maybe it was Ironically swords.
>>
>>93210928
My D&D group consists of:
>me (DM)
>a coworker who creates TES overhaul mods in his spare time (occasional DM)
>best friend from high school with slight OCD
>best friend's mom
>coworker's little brother who is a massive Jojofag
>little brother's girlfriend
>a random guy I met at college that likes VNs and cartoons

My best friend's mom is probably the coolest person in the group and makes the most interesting characters. Nobody believes me when I tell them this.
>>
>>93210940
>only because he was a trump supporter

Was he even? Pretty sure they just assumed that because he's white.
>>
>>93211038
Popping is basically the snuff-branch of the whole inflation fetishism right?

So not only does he have a terrible fetish but he had the creepiest most fucked up example of it.
>>
File: 1209241388807.jpg (30KB, 264x351px) Image search: [Google]
1209241388807.jpg
30KB, 264x351px
>>93207105
>5'6

Holy shit that explains everything.
>>
>>93206381
I'm not sure if I'd say I agree or disagree with the last bit there. I think it's not so much those are the kinds of people who'd be bought it by right-wingers telling them what they want to hear. I think it's more the left ended up leaving those people behind along with how media's been treated for the past few years.
>>
>>93211229
I'm pretty sure he's under 5'6, but thats the 'standard' height that people who are insecure in their shortness give when asked.
>>
>>93210142
>Doesn't know Dobson
>Tripcode for no reason
Sure is summer in here.
>>
>>93211275
>doesn't recognize me

You're damn right it is.
>>
>>93207105
>likes sleeping, eating
I too like existing, Dobson. This gives you something in common with 7 billion other human beings. Something you can build on. Your mutual appreciation of the biological functions by which you continue to be.
>>
>>93211266
5'6 is the global average for men I think, just like people with small dicks will say they're 5.5 inches or whatever they think the average is.
>>
>>93210509
This Anon speaks truth.
I could join the KKK for the dental but would stay pen pals with the king Zimbabwe if it meant I had someone else to gush over The Littlest Zombie with.
>>
>>93210459
>CaveDanny has Garfield feet
>>
>>93206314
He legitimately believes macs are better than PCs
>>
>>93208883
>>
>>93211521
Why did he compare PCs to McDonalds as a negative thing when he has expressed in his comic how much he loves going to McDonald's "Night".
>>
File: 1486539653772.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486539653772.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>93211534
It looks like Link has a blonde Goatee.
>>
>>93211557
Because although he's not a smart man, he's aware there is a public perception of McDonalds being the lowest form of eatery. He's using that perception
>>
File: 1496291123953.jpg (368KB, 894x894px)
1496291123953.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>93211193
>coworker's little brother who is a massive Jojofag
don't know much about D&D but I gotta ask, does this guy tries to implement anything Jojo-related on his characters?
>>
>>93210438
something like ESGProductions
>>
>>93211038
I'm not sure what I just witnessed...
>>
>>93211038
>SPLOIT
>>
>>93208792
>Fuck this City.
>Province.
>Country.
Shamelords
>>
>>93210459
Marsupilami was better than blue bear
>>
>>93211092
>>93211193
Well, I'll keep it going. Right now my D&D group consists of:
>A know it all that can't be wrong
>A jacked guy who wants to join the military
>A Muslim
>A normie
>A weeb
>Me, the autistic DM

All of their characters are pretty generic. Kinda odd having a pirate in a campaign that barely visits water though.
>>
I hate this guy. He's so much up his own ass.
>>
>>93210229
>Subculture Gentrification
I couldn't put it better.
>>
>>93206536
Funny story: the main reason DC went in that direction was because of a huge reader survey they took at the start of the 70s, in order to claw back market share from Marvel
>>93208372
We all do
>>
>>93211092
>>93211193
>>93211784
>GURPS group
>GM is 50 year old with grandkids
>15 year old who won't shut up about WWII weapons
>chill guy who plays an evil douchebag
>Muslim woman who wears hajib, loves MGS, Deus Ex and Totally Spies, and only saw the original Star Wars trilogy two years ago
>>
>>93212036
>Muslim woman who wears hajib, loves MGS, Deus Ex and Totally Spies
If you tell me she's stacked I'm going to kill myself
>>
>>93212092
She's got some decent tits and a white boyfriend
>>
>>93212241
of course she does
>>
>>93208792
They didn't win. BLM got their reputation wrecked in Canada and they wont be part of any future Pride shit.
>>
>>93205064
Jesus christ, what a fucking retard. I know you're trying to suck the dick of "progress", you pathetic tub of neckbeard, but Dobson is such an incapable shit I don't know why he thinks he's in any position to educate anyone on ANYTHING.
>>
>>93211064
1985 is wel into the 80s, and by then the japanese miracle was in full swing and japanese radios and tvs were swarming the country. And the asian influence in Blade Runner was seen as strongly exotic in its time.
>>
>>93205859
I'll take "That's not how you answer questions in Jeopardy" for a fucking chance to kick Dobson in the throat, Alex.
>>
>>93206016
Also, spelling, jesus.
>>
>>93205298
He actually probably couldn't.
>>
>>93210459
>different fonts for different time periods
About fifty times the level of effort I'd expect Dobson to put into a comic
>>
>>93206909
But...can you count that as drawing?

I mean, he's talking about stagnation, but hey, look at that art.
>>
>>93207797
Are Muslims even afraid of Trump?
>>
>>93206362
Stuff like this reminds me that the answer for the question "How do these SJW types function in society?!" is: barelly
>>93210459
>>93210828
It was the gametrailers forums. I used to go there when i was a brat. He did have a enemy list lol, totally forgot that. He was the biggest wii shill as the comics indicate
>>93208864
forgot this one. Damn he is a piece of shit
>>
>>93207105
Is that bear his stand?
>>
>>93207290
Of course you like Ms. Marvel, she's made for people who love to jerk off to how progressive they are.
>>
>>93207797
...Didn't he just draw a comic about a muslim super hero assaulting Trump?

So...okay then.
>>
>>93212855
Not particularly, it's just something people like saying because he's criticized those groups. I've mostly seen white people talking about how scared Arabs that are Muslim are.

>>93212931
Kamala's not completely horrible in her own book. She just becomes terrible outside of it because writers can't seem to figure out "bitchy brown girl" is not a good character or Kamala. The worst thing about her is she doesn't really have any villains of her own after 3 years but the concept had potential.
>>
>>93212931

Huh. Guess some things don't change then. Ms Marvel has always been fap fodder. Only metaphorically this time instead of literally.
>>
>>93206016
This is sad on too many levels.
>>
>>93212281
really?
>>
>>93213100
Yeah, but Ms. Marvel is specially designed to appeal. She was probably designed by a focus group.
>>
>>93206206
Gordon City
>>
>>93211092
>>one-armed sword enthusiast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI
Should've listened to Trip Fisk.
>>
>>93207232
What's the CattyN thing?
>>
>>93213934
>>93211038
>>
>>93213934
He pretended to be a teenage lesbian on a porn site, drew inflation porn about women dying, and then freaked the fuck out when people pointed out how obvious that they were one and the same. He has a creepy obsession with teen lesbians, even retweeting some guy going on about young girls being "the world's most important resource" after people died at the Ariana Grande concert.
>>
>>93213577

I think this was regarding the anti semitic comments they made. And they called it "anti-zionism". So no one can criticise Islam because of islamophobes but you can shit on Jews like a Nazi as long as you call it Anti-Zionism?
>>
>>93209979
You, the reader, aren't racist for reading it. The creators probably aren't racist either, as they're just making what's familiar to them and they're not even really thinking about it. Most of the racism would be found at the top where hiring decisions were made, but even that likely wasn't an entirely conscious process.

95% of the racism you'll see people bring up today is a result of people simply maintaining a status quo - it's not by definition anyone's fault it's there (at least for most people alive today), but knowingly perpetuating it because you're afraid of change is pretty racist. For most people who don't consider themselves racist but get annoyed by SJW's, this is what bothers them - the things that they feel they have no control over but are getting blamed for anyways. If you simply accept that shit's going to change and don't take every criticism of media you like as a personal criticism of you, it won't bother you. You're not racist for disliking change in things you grew up with and are familiar with, but don't sperg out when someone does a run with a character that's Arabic or whatever.
>>
>>93214084
But where does that leave things like Marvel where they actively insult their audiences while being the ones perpetuating the trends they're so vocal about? The company's higher ups are vultures who use issues like these to actively piss off people and get them talking as stated by Tom Brevoort. You see countless articles praising them for being progressive when it's more opportunism that thankfully started blowing up in their face enough recently to make Marvel Legacy happen...which the people start bitching about and want the exploitation junk to be the norm forever.

I agree that it's dumb to freak over Arabic characters showing up for being Arabic.
>>
>>93214078
>then freaked the fuck out
Are there any screencaps of any such freakout? Dobson denying that he posed as a lesbian to draw bad porn sonds hilarious.
>>
File: dobson.png (58KB, 265x342px) Image search: [Google]
dobson.png
58KB, 265x342px
>>93207318
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgXKUXOgvU
>>
>>93206016
I wish I had friends like this growing up.

Now I'm a sad, lonely sack of subhuman garbage.
>>
>>93206016
I had one of those in high school, too. He was a pretty cool guy once you realize he just had an annoying sense of humor.
>>
File: ab8.png (79KB, 400x526px)
ab8.png
79KB, 400x526px
>>93206230
I got dis:
>>
>>93209263
>the eyebrows
Every time
>>
>>93206677
Why isn't Batman wearing his gloves?
>>
>>93207127
That is the LAMEST 'recommendation' I've ever read in my life.
>>
>>93207232
Are there any /co/ characters with 'inflation' as a power?
>>
>>93214612
Bouncing Boy?
>>
>>93214345
Probably. Go find them.
>>
>>93206014
>>93205064
Dobson is the spoony of webcomics?
>>
>>93214234
The higher ups are responsible for 99% of the issues they've scrambled to correct, yes, but the issue isn't that they tried, it's that they tried in a way they knew probably wouldn't work so that they can throw their arms and act like they have no choice but to continue being shit.

Yeah, assuming the audience is going to have a problem with every little thing they introduce isn't giving much respect to the reader. I'd say if someone were the type to take the bait and complain anyways, they're fucking retarded and deserve to be called racist/sexist/whatever. No one gets to whine about someone else making them racist, if you're cognizant enough to realize you're racist then that's your own fucking fault. You're being retarded and then whining about how it's someone else's fault you chose to be retarded.

As for people wanting it back... that's fine. That's good, that means they're reaching a wider audience and actually fixing the problem >>93206528 pointed out. Shit's awkward, but this is how we get more varied stories which benefits everyone. But it isn't going to mean shit so long they don't hire a larger variety of people and create new IP's that they intend to actually support.
>>
File: IMG_4918.jpg (167KB, 750x849px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4918.jpg
167KB, 750x849px
>>93214646
All I could find was this.
>>
File: i dont get.png (260KB, 291x483px)
i dont get.png
260KB, 291x483px
>These people constantly focus their efforts on fighting perceived racism
>Not fighting the implicit classism, aka how rich people have power over everything and everyone aka the real problem with the current American government
>>
File: 1489959605114.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1489959605114.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>93205859
STUPID

FUCKING

WHORE
>>
File: 1492118489533.png (75KB, 738x759px) Image search: [Google]
1492118489533.png
75KB, 738x759px
>>93207127
>by the time you finish the first volume you'll feel like you understand most of them
>>
File: 1484551851860.jpg (20KB, 284x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484551851860.jpg
20KB, 284x281px
>>93206016
>he stole my girl
>I wouldn't have made a move on her anyway though
>>
>>93214777
I think it's a problem if people want the exploitation styled stories back. Not because I hate the audiences. It's because I think that's just playing into the outrage machine and ironically helps enable the people who caused the problem in the first place. It's confusing to explain what I mean but I think we're on a similar page here. I kinda view this era as a weird bastard lovechild between 70s and 90s era comics.
>>
>>93214612
Kamala makes parts of her body change size to suit her needes. It's not quite inflation but some of the panels come close.
>>
>>93213577
Yes, really. There's a thread up on kiwi farms if you need any articles about it. As a gayfag I couldn't be happier.
>>
>>93214447
Look on the bright side, man. At least you're not Dobson, he had some and lost them cause he's a piece of shitl.
>>
File: herrington.jpg (17KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
herrington.jpg
17KB, 473x357px
>>93205064
What is truly the endgame of SJWs? At first I thought it was just the "fad" of the 10s and would disappear eventually, but it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. It started out just with comics and video games, but now it's making its way into our school curriculum and even our fucking government. Is this what the new world order looks like?
>>
>>93215120

Well, like every other batshit ideologue out there. A utopia.
>>
>>93214645
BTW, BB was created by Jim Shooter as an expy of a chubby kid he knew in high school with social problems.
>>
>>93214939
this is literally the basis for any number of Japanese rape VNs though
>>
>>93214849

The reason this is happening is simple. Rememember Occupy Wallstreet and KONY2012? Wannabe heroes wrecking the lives of innocent people because they are impotent against real villains.
>>
>>93215172
Shooter also wrote an arc of Starbrand based on the time he was almost raped at the YMCA.
Shooter's wildin'
>>
>>93211967
Was that writing so cheesy at the time?
>>
>>93214612
Kamala and Plastic Man are the closest to that, I think.
>>
>>93215144
Built on the bodies of nonbelievers
>>
File: shifty-eyed-dog.gif (1MB, 498x382px)
shifty-eyed-dog.gif
1MB, 498x382px
>>93205064

I thought this was history 101 not dobson crying about trolls again 101
>>
>>93205223
Racism festers where there's no social pressure, just look at 4Chan in general.

So we need general stores so we progressives can keep a watch on all the BAD GOYS!
>>
>>93207979
Of course not; the site is too mean-spirited for this Bouncing Boy wannabe, or if he really browses it, he makes a bee line to the SU general or the inflation threads in /trash/.
>>
>>93214345
The entire read is hilarious. If you ever feel sad, just be glad you're not a colossal fuck up like Dobson https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Tom_Preston
>>
>>93215215
>the time he was almost raped at the YMCA
I keep hearing about this but wouldn't you know it his blog never mentions that.
>>
>>93215203

I wonder if a Civil War-like hero story that has heroes inspired by Dobson or Moviebob would be too "on the nose"?
>>
>>93215458
>has heroes inspired by Dobson or Moviebob
Fucking Butterball was a more decent person than either of them
>>
>>93205064
People who were true comic book/fantasy fans have dealt with a lot of shit for liking what they liked before this stuff became popular. They got made fun off for liking their niche culture, and they bonded over that. Sure, it generally wasn's as bad as the media sometimes portrays it, but those portrayals are based in truth. they were called nerds, bullied, and made fun of, sometimes they didn't have anyone but each other.

No wonder a sort of tribalism evolved from that, but what Knobson doesn't understand is that these tribal tendencies were not based on race or gender or sexual orientation (at least most of the time). Comic and fantasy fans are very protective of their culture, but if you prove that you care about it as much as the elders, then they'll welcome you with gusto.

Now that's not always true obviously, and any group of people is going to have some bad apples. The mainstreaming of this culture has made it a little easier to be able to like these things without fear, even if its made it so that some people who don't really care can act like they do. Just stay close to your friends and don't ever stop loving what you love just because a few normies foul it up from time to time.
>>
>>93205720
You good anon, don't mind Dobson.
>>
>>93215484
this, so very much.
>>
>>93215482

I should correct myself a bit. I don't mean actual heroes in this scenario. I mean wannabe "heroes" put in a higher position than they deserve due to new management and the old guard being retired or gone. Their stupidity then causes Civil War.
>>
>>93205223
That's like saying everyone on /o/ and /g/ are /pol/
>>
>>93215458
The thing about Dobson and Movieblob is that if the goddamn "revolution" actually happens they think they'll be part of the "intellectual elites" that lead it, but they're both pretty much bottom-feeders.
>>
>>93215427
>SU general
I don't know, I'd think the constant waifuing would trigger the fuck out of him.
>>
>>93215587

Oh no doubt they still will be in said scenario. I'm picturing them fighting against oh say...Major Glory in the Civil War fighting under Communist Red.
>>
>>93207105
What the fuck is a 3-DS?
>>
>>93215644
Dobson's autism prevents him from spelling 3DS.
>>
File: 1496460431594.png (68KB, 345x542px) Image search: [Google]
1496460431594.png
68KB, 345x542px
>>93207337
>when you realize the popular kids were popular because they were genuinely nice, charismatic people and you were a loner because you were a bitter autist
>>
File: 1443788110414.jpg (112KB, 812x531px) Image search: [Google]
1443788110414.jpg
112KB, 812x531px
>>93215587

That's what pretty much every revolutionary thinks desu. Somebody posted a tweet or something some time ago where some dude asks what everyone will do after the "revolution" and there was one guy who said he was gonna design uniforms for the military, a lady was gonna be in charge of military logistics and just a bunch of other incoherent bullshit. Little do they release they'll probably be the first to be shot because they didn't commit to the cause.
>>
File: 1460869664329.png (485KB, 700x475px) Image search: [Google]
1460869664329.png
485KB, 700x475px
inb4 /pol/, More like

>Current Marvel Movies attract normie/fags

>At some point it effects Marvel Comics by replacing stories and/or workers with tumblr because they think making comics that appeal to a demographic that doesn't exist will make them rich

>Backfires in their face

>Tries to fix it by rebooting the franchise again but with more tumblr

>Makes a ton of comics and tries to push comic stores into buying expensive bundles that take up inventory and shelf space

>Backfires again

That's how it is so far in a simple form
>>
File: 9000 hours.png (350KB, 317x750px) Image search: [Google]
9000 hours.png
350KB, 317x750px
>>93209604
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault (3).jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
>>93212466
>>
>>93215598
He probably jerks off to the Grimace in drag.
>>
>>93210325
Exactly what I thought! Christ, it's like a pretty decent artist is trapped inside of him!
>>
>>93206016
>“Who are you and why should I care?”
>Sent that to a guy sending basically a friend request

What a fucking dick
>>
>>93215821
I like this version better.
>>
File: oh you.png (66KB, 600x202px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.png
66KB, 600x202px
>>93207337
>people who only cares about what other thinks opinion are more important to listen to than that of the people who don't care about what other people think
>>
File: SpongeBoi.png (251KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBoi.png
251KB, 500x375px
>>93216231
are you a markov chain
>>
>>93207797
>her muslim father won't let her wear her hijab which she really wants to wear

This must be satire, come on.
>>
File: Dat fucking bear again.jpg (125KB, 495x280px) Image search: [Google]
Dat fucking bear again.jpg
125KB, 495x280px
>>93206263
>>
>>93207290
She looks more like she's wondering if she just took a lethal dose of valium.
>>
>>93216272
Yes, I am indeed a markov chain which I'm telling because you just pointed it out, replying to my post that I originally posted where I wrote in greentext that "people who only cares about what other thinks opinion are more important to listen to than that of the people who don't care about what other people think"
>>
File: 1412552179849.jpg (23KB, 247x265px)
1412552179849.jpg
23KB, 247x265px
>>93215821
I've never seen this version before
>>
>>93207337
>or maybe people are individuals and it's unfair to label people

Jeez, it's amazing how they continuously prove their opposition correct and fail to see it.
>>
The funny thing is that /co/ is probably one of the most liberal boards on 4chan
>>
>>93216538
I will never forget the anon who was convinced that anyone complaining about Iceman's "reveal" not making sense was part of an organized /pol/ conspiracy to erase all gay people from fiction. It was beautiful.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 767x767px)
image.jpg
144KB, 767x767px
>>93207105
WOOOOAHHHH
>>
>>93216538
iirc, all the boards are generally left leaning with some conservative values. Even /pol/
>>
>>93207940
Nah, he holds grudges really well.
See >>93206016
>>
>>93216696
nah i think most boards are just shitposting balls of negativity. Hard to have strong values when someone will just call you a faggot for having them.
>>
>>93206044
I know this is a retarded joke, but why can't i stop laughing at it?
>>
>>93206016
>I have been happy
We have tons of blogs like this saying otherwise in previous years, what the fuck was dobson on ten years ago?
>>
>>93206101
Oh, come on, the game was perfectly playable if not particularly enjoyable to do so. Think Rainworld, but actually shit rather than just obtuse.
>>
File: 1483930821177.jpg (57KB, 481x491px)
1483930821177.jpg
57KB, 481x491px
>>93205064
I actually thought this was funny in a retarded way until I saw the BLM flag, then it took a turn into downright disgusting.
>>
>>93216874
Been on 4chan for more than a decade. You are obviously new
>>
>>93206105
Oh god. He really is what Plague of Gripes would be if he was completely talentless at everything.
>>
>>93205064
I am Andrew Dobson, and I'm here to ask you a question.

Is a man not entitled to make comics however he wants?

'No!' says the artist, 'You're ignoring fundamental principles.'
'No!' says the reader, 'Your writing is full of strawmen.'
'No!' says Anonymous, 'Die in a fucking fire.'

I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

Denial, the city where the artist would not fear critique, where the writer would not be bound by petty logic or grammar, where the ego would not be bruised by reality! And by not listening to criticism, Denial can become your city as well.
>>
>>93206230
But dobson threads are full of entertainment!
>>
File: 1346195485638.jpg (6KB, 160x160px)
1346195485638.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
>>93217082
>'No!' says Anonymous, 'Die in a fucking fire.'
>>
File: dobson.jpg (243KB, 640x799px)
dobson.jpg
243KB, 640x799px
Dobson... Dobson never changes
>>
>>93217092
Dobson hate threads are the best threads.
>>
>>93217197
I don't get it.
>>
>>93217197
>ian jq
what did he do to deserve this?
besides, there are far douchier members of the crewniverse.
>>
>>93217220
Indeed, it's one of the few subjects that /co/ is unanimous in its opinion on and it's always fun to shit on the guy.
>>
>>93216874
Shut up, faggot.

>>93216696
You recall wrong, niggra. Ever since the death of /news/, the website has slowly inched conservative.
>>
>>93207272
>but even then he'd whine them to death before they could get the kool aid out.

Underrated
>>
>>93205064
Spoiler Alert: Blue Bear will never be accepted as an inhernet hero by those he idolizes, no matter how big a Nice Guy he tries to be.
>>
>>93217284
You sure it's not liberals leaving the kinds of people here behind or the popularity of shitty on every nerdy hobby as inherently bigoted?
>>
The twitter reeeing he did regarding the Cheetos Chicken fries was possibly the funniest meltdown ever.
>>
>>93207258
Lost it at the fruit on the iPad.
>>
>>93217197
was this the stump he used to axe off his twig and berries
>>
>>93207863
Some have that lazy ass kazerad's breakdown for why dobson sucks?
>>
Quick /co/, when was the first time you heard of Dobson?

For me it was Kiwi farms.
>>
>>93207127
> this is what I'd look like 75 lb. heavier
> my name is also Andrew
If we ever meet I will see to it he resembles me less afterward
>>
>>93208862
>and otherwise adds nothing to the plot
Tits is all the justification you need because tits make all plots more interesting by virtue of being there (as long as they look good).
>>
>>93217514
>I've been here THREE WHOLE years
Good for you, faggot.
>>
>>93211644
He's a huge weeb in general so his characters are all anime as fuck and he constantly speaks in Japanese meme phrases. I laid down a hard "no you can't have a stand" rule and he hasn't crossed it.
>>
>>93217533
Not really, I only heard about him relatively recently. Joined the farms late.
>>
>>93208232
To be fair, the guy made the edits was a jew, so you can add it to your growing list of coincidences.

But more to the point, Garrison always held every believe /pol/ had outside of the 88 bullshit which most /pol/lacks don't agree with anyway.
>>
>>93208864
I seriously need context for this. Like, why would you tell a person who just lost her father to "calm thine tits"? Even if he meant it as "just a prank sis!", it's so insensitive. I have met autists more tactful.
>>
>>93217414
What? I have to know what this is about.
>>
>>93214082
To be fair, both are semites and should not be trusted. I never understood evangelicals hating on muslims for their book but defending Jews when their book dedicates large portions to insulting Jesus.
>>
File: 652881651.jpg (43KB, 948x706px) Image search: [Google]
652881651.jpg
43KB, 948x706px
>>93217082
>>
File: 1445923339064.png (299KB, 446x393px) Image search: [Google]
1445923339064.png
299KB, 446x393px
>>93205859
Wow.
I'm no stranger to unpopular opinions, but how the fuck does someone even reach a conclusion like that?
>>
>>93211577
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>93217695
I've heard that he thought she was talking about that gamer gate bullshit.
>>
he's part right
but mostly wrong
>>
>>93217695
She was apparently an early supporter of Gamergate, so he of course took a shot at her on the first sign of depression.
>>
>brick and mortar comicbook shops made nerds racist
huh
Reeeeaaally made me think.
>>
File: 1476151372909.jpg (43KB, 666x635px) Image search: [Google]
1476151372909.jpg
43KB, 666x635px
>>93208731

AAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGG
>>
>>93217755
Dobson is the biggest "not muh" faggot you can think of.
>3D? That's not 2D!
>Blonde? She was brunette on the game with the limited color palette!
Even if the gameplay is fun it isn't like his childhood Metroid, so he hates it.

He hates that Mario doesn't act he did on the super show, hates that link doesn't act like he did on his shitty show, hates that Peach isn't called Toadstool, and hates 3D metroid.
>>
>>93206362
did he ever get another job?

I hope not
>>
>>93217695
I always assumed he had no idea who she was or that she had relation to Robin. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a big enough asshole to stand his ground and refuse to apologize after the fact, though.
>>
>>93207941
Except people like this are everywhere, not just on 4chan. Dobson's just acting like this place needs to be shut down because he's hated more here then just about anywhere else.
Also what the fuck does "air them out" mean? Is he comparing people with traditional views to mold? What is he proposing here?
>>
>>93217865
Ctr+F CattyN
>>
>>93205064
Yes.

Comics are what allowed sexism, racism, and homophobia to thrive. In the 70s and 80s.
>>
Darksydephil or Dobson?
>>
>>93217514
deviantArt. Saw some drama regarding him amongst others, then decided to look him up.
>>
File: 1492010709371.gif (3MB, 640x266px)
1492010709371.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>93217082
>>
>>93217197
... the hell am I supposed to be looking at, why is there a ghost?
>>
>>93217865
The Holocaust
>>
>>93217514
I used to follow Scandinavia and the World years ago, and his comics were hosted in the same place so I checked them.
>>
>and etc

Is there anything this guy can do without fucking up? Is /co/ the only group of people in the world that gives even a single solitary fuck what this idiot thinks about any goddamn thing?
>>
>>93208864
You got the link to the tweet? I wanna see backlash
>>
>>93217514
/v/ who knows how long ago. Probably 2014 because he was pretty active during gamergate and it was a good time to be a dickwolf and get your tweets capped. Maybe earlier.
>>
>>93218127
>Scandinavia and the World
why did you remind me
>>
>>93217514
idunno
but i've never heard of him outside of /co/
>>
>>93217978
Except that's not even a tiny bit true. As has been pointed out in this thread, in the 70's and 80's shit was pretty progressive for its time.
>>
>>93214980
Probably not quite that close to being on the same page. If people liked it, they liked it, even if you weren't necessarily the target audience. While I'm sure some people are being disingenuous when saying they liked it, it's really not some big conspiracy.

I'm one of those filthy SJW's though the new stuff wasn't really my cup of tea. I simply think that people get the wrong idea of what is going on in pop culture is supposed to be an attack on them personally, when it's more about how what happened decades ago still shapes what happens today. I'm not saying that no one should take personal responsibility for their own actions, if you're the type that touches black people's hair without even asking you still need to stop doing that, but I think a lot of people would be a lot less mad if they just accepted that doing mildly racist things because you didn't have a choice in how you were raised doesn't make you a bad person. Just, y'know, be willing to change like anyone else instead of reflexively assuming it's on everyone else to ignore your behavior.

Iunno, I'm a bit more sympathetic to how some folk on /co/ feel because I was definitely swept up in the SJW boogeyman hysteria once. Once I figured out that I mostly learned about them through people who want to get mad, I just talked to some that didn't fit the stereotype. Most aren't that angry, the ones that are are usually the ones that people are constantly poking and prodding for a reaction and get fed up with it. If you're chill back and don't just brush off what they have to say because it'd be inconvenient for you to do, you can get along just fine.
>>
>>93217766
>>93217784
>>93217845
Early on, when gamergate was a new thing, Zelda expressed support of the idea that gaming journalism should have good ethical guidelines and shit. Her and her father were always big on video games, as you can tell by him naming her Zelda.

Never went deep into the controversy, never got into arguments about it.

Dobson is a dumbass, as you can probably see by his many failures to bring himself into the Cool Kids Club. So several months after her father died, you see that event there. He legitimately thought that if he took a potshot at her he'd have back-up because of her early support.
He didn't get any support, people tore into him for it. He eventually deleted the tweet and apologised, but made sure to say that he was apologising because people got offended, not because what he did was wrong.

So yes, it was in Dobson's mind a gamergate thing. Happened a few months after Robin's death. He "apologised" for it after backlash
>>
>>93214401
Man, shit like this ruins these threads for me...
What was even the point in that?
>>
>>93217514
I knew him back when he was CattyN, he would have been better off staying in the fetish art field, would have been for the best

also anyone got an archive of his art from when he was CattyN?
>>
>>93218247
What happened to them?
>>
>>93218266
>Except that's not even a tiny bit true.
It was sarcasm. Comics have little impact on the real world.

We had angry yuppies pumped up by Reagan to think women should be nothing more than shoulderpad wearing trophies, we had the AIDS scare that was pretty much blamed entirely on gays. We actually made a lot of strides in terms of racism.
>>
>>93218301
>It was sarcasm
Sorry, I seriously cannot tell anymore.
>>
File: turn-it-up-to-11.png (311KB, 700x1851px) Image search: [Google]
turn-it-up-to-11.png
311KB, 700x1851px
>>93218294
Like Hetalia, they just keep existing.
>>
Because writers and artists are known to be the LEAST liberally minded folks right? Putting comics in a store of their own was inevitably going to foster anti-liberal thoughts.

What a fucking idiot
>>
File: The_fuck_bitch.png (453KB, 367x641px) Image search: [Google]
The_fuck_bitch.png
453KB, 367x641px
>>93205064
>going to the homepage
>>
File: 1435070723120.jpg (17KB, 232x300px)
1435070723120.jpg
17KB, 232x300px
>>93205064
>mfw Dobson is uglier than the stereotypical nerds he draws in his comics
>>
>>93205339
Gee it's almost like he should get a real job so he can function as an adult and do shit like visit his family for the holidays.
>>
>>93212281
We'll see next year. Or maybe sooner.

>>93211064
Get real, tripbitch. It's like some future anon saying that muslims were well regarded in america pointing to Ms Marvel's election issue.

Japan bashing was an actual thing back in the 80's. And some dude who literally had the Japanese imperial battle flag on his chest in the 70's would have been that much bigger of a thing then.
>>
>>93212904

『Pump It』
>>
>>93218274
What I was getting at is people who like replacing establish characters out of the blue while shitting on the originals or like hamfisted books where it's a random team with their only reason is how they're all black and they're beating up robot cops aren't really helping. They're promoting the suits to push out bait instead of new IPs or interesting revivals which will only piss off fans and bring us back to where we are now. When you see articles written about that, it's always the fans who get targeted as bigots who got those books cancelled and not the people who made so many bad comics.It doesn't make sense to throw the blame on the fans. I'm mostly butthurt about people who claim to be about progressive issues but really they're just corporate shills with a pop culture addiction.

TL;DR Even as a minority, I just want to read about Peter Parker in peace
>>
>>93205064
Comics had gay/trans characters before it became acceptable in Hollywood.
>>
The sad thing about Dobson is that his art really isn't half bad.
It's just attached to someone who wrecks himself without even considering checking himself. He's his own worst enemy.
>>
File: 1494097050593.jpg (41KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
1494097050593.jpg
41KB, 300x244px
>>93207105
>5'6
>>
>>93207267
He makes like 40 bucks a month on Patreon

I guess he sustains himself with Twitter asspats or something.
>>
>>93218520
He leeches off his parents.
>>
>>93205064
The point of any white person who unironically supports Black Lives Matter, is automatically invalidated... Unless they point they're making is about how ignorant they are.

t. a black person.

Also Dobson is never right about anything, and I'm convinced on some level he realizes that most of the views he gets are from people pointing out how out of touch he is.
>>
>>93218485
God damnit even on /co/ I can't escape the manlet threads.
>>
File: 1424918732544.png (65KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1424918732544.png
65KB, 579x523px
I don't know, for every one completely shut in loser faggot I know at my LCS there's another kind person who is usually brown or gay or woman or trans or whatever.

I don't think comics being isolated created isolated pockets of nerds, it's more to the fact that they just outright became less popular as other forms of media started springing into popularity. It created a unique niche, and the people in that niche were usually big goddamn dorks.
>>
>>93205637
Because he's autistic and easily offended?
>>
File: 1376153675586.gif (2MB, 379x227px) Image search: [Google]
1376153675586.gif
2MB, 379x227px
>>93205859
So THIS is who keeps calling Metroid Prime a Halo ripoff!

I'll fucking kill him!
>>
>>93205936
I know right?
>Prime 2
>Samus lands on the planet ravaged by pirates, phazon, and ing
>She stops all of her shit just to shut the eyelids of a GFed soldier that died in a pointless skirmish
>She saves the entire fucking world, then gives the Luminoth back of all of her upgrades since they were their property and just gives them a wave goodbye after saving a race from genocide
That's fucking characterization.
>>
File: 1453652475604.png (696KB, 673x771px) Image search: [Google]
1453652475604.png
696KB, 673x771px
>>93218718
That would be mercy.
>>
>>93208290
I still do not know what gaslighting or virtue whatever means. I see it a lot on /v/ because /v/.
>>
>>93207727
The dumb part is that certain upgrades would never have done damage to the ship, like the varia/gravity suit or space jump or grapple beam.
>>
>>93207797
>>93212855
I'm not muslim, I'm just puerto rican. But I have dark skin and a full beard and I live in a small town in the south. I'm always a little paranoid someone is going to start shit with me. I've been called racist names in the past (though it's always the wrong damn race.) I gotta admit, after the trump thing I'm a bit more nervous. I feel like people are more on edge lately. A lot more bumper stickers and such.
>>
File: 1367019565775.png (1MB, 1944x1474px) Image search: [Google]
1367019565775.png
1MB, 1944x1474px
>>93215726
The demographic DOES exist, but Marvel does not pander to them very well. At all.

Spider Gwen is about the only thing I see picked up and read regularly by the more liberal types at my LCS. They usually read more indie shit with bubbly covers and vaguely brown people.
>>
>>93217197
>Wanting to be a female squid
ohhhh no you don't
>>
>>93218292
I just realized that Dobson could probably solve a lot of his financial woes by just going into hiding/not giving a fuck and making stupid niche fetish art.
>>
I kinda feel bad for Dobson, he clearly thinks he is the good guy but is so clueless. Then you just read one of his tweets or comics and you remember again why he is so hated.
>>
He seems to strike me as the kind of guy who'd be the hero turned villain in Megamind.
>>
>>93218560
>The point of any person
Fixed that for you my African-American friend.
>>
>>93219183
>he is the "I'm a nice guy so you should like me!" stereotype the crowd he tries to appeal to hates so much

Damn this puzzle
>>
>>93219183
That's how a lot of these liberals are at heart. Especially the communists. They claim to be all about equality and want to get the evil whites/men/capitalists out of power for the greater good. What becomes apparent through their actions, is that what they really want more than anything is to be in charge so that they treat everybody the way they think the "privileged" types are treating them.
>>
>>93207797
I never understood this whole meme about harassing women wearing hijabs. Even if you hated Muslims, when have their women ever caused terrorist attacks or something? It's such bullshit.

Also
>Fear Let This Happen

Yeah, fear caused by fucking TERRORISTS. Stupid faggots.
>>
>>93219323
The women are easier to prey on so they harass them as a way to indirectly attack the men.

Kinda like the "rape their women to defeat their spirits" kind of deal but less, well, rape-ish.
>>
>>93219368

Which is sad because said Muslim women are already abused by Muslim men.
>>
>>93219217
>>93219271

It's probably a good thing this is real life and not a comic book world. Imagine if they have super powers like Titan/Tighten
>>
File: 1497114058550.png (96KB, 698x591px) Image search: [Google]
1497114058550.png
96KB, 698x591px
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 527
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.