[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Wakanda doesn't sell vibranium, it doesn't conquer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0322.jpg (21KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0322.jpg
21KB, 319x158px
If Wakanda doesn't sell vibranium, it doesn't conquer its neighbors, and it tries to be isolationist all the time, why does it have so much money? What is the basis of its economy, and how did it resist 19th century colonialism? Did it have sci-fi technology even back then?
>>
>>93204028

Thundercats copyrights

Also marvel jews are the only jews that don't know how the economy works
>>
Oh boy I sure am glad to have this same goddam topic for the hundredth time in the last two days.
>>
>>93204028
I'm curious how its meant to be a super advanced nation when all it had going for it is vibranium in its land, that alone shouldn't have catapulted it beyond everyone else unless it also had a magical alien databank in the middle of it or something.

You can't just sit in your vibranium cave isolated from the world and become so much better than anyone else, you have to explore, discover and steal ideas from the wider world.
>>
Marvel doesn't know how the economy works.
>>
>>93204028
If TF2 can do the same thing with Australia and Australium, why is it so weird for an equally backwards and retarded location to do it in a comic with actual superpowers?
>>
>>93204115
Bwaaaaw
>>
>>93204195
I'd guess because TF2 Australia is a joke, plus Australium literally transforms you into a super strong super genius who refuses to wear a shirt.
>>
>>93204195
TF2 doesn't ask to be taken seriously by its audience.
>>
>>93204195
I believe the proper answer to this question is that Australia in TF2 is meant to be one big joke. To be laughed at, you understand.
>>
>>93204154
>You can't just sit in your vibranium cave isolated from the world and become so much better than anyone else, you have to explore, discover and steal ideas from the wider world.
Don't t'Challa and a friend of him study undercover in the US?
>>
>>93204195
So, we must be laughing at Wakanda instead of taking it seriously, this is what you are saying?
>>
>>93204272
This reminds me, was Hudlin's "Wakanda has ALWAYS been hyper-advanced" thing ever retconned? It would honestly make more sense if they only became sci-fi thanks to T'Challa being a Reed-level genius, which is how it used to be, yes?
>>
>>93204272
And I'm sure they sell very small quantities of Vibranium to the outside world for insanely high prices as well sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Wakanda was pretty much an autarchy,it's vibranium weapons let it pretty much take whatever it needed,The wakanda god unlike the Norse or Greek gods lived in its capital and influenced it's prosperity,and yes wakanda was able to combat colonialists since keeping out foreigners is the black panthers job,also wakanda didn't develop large skyscrapers and shit till t challa ended the isolation an started exporting vibranium
>>
>>93204028
It's a shame Marvel is so spineless, Wakanda should had been a country that used to sold other people as slaves to the jews, portuguese and dutch
>>
>>93204340
BUT IF YOU SELL ANYTHING TO THE WHITE MAN THEY WILL WEAPONIZE IT!

The only moral thing to do is meet with them for the sole purpose of sneering in their faces when you refuse the blank cheque offer they give you for the scraps from your table then die to some faggot shooting you despite all your advanced technology that should supposedly defend you against such lesser things.
>>
>>93204418
Well it would certainly make sense, the tribes that make up Wakanda have disdain at best for the other peoples sharing a continent with them.
>>
>>93204527
It makes perfect sense. Everyone in Wakanda hates everyone outside Wakanda. That was the whole recipe for people in Africa getting sold as slaves in the first place. You could even use the slave trade as an explanation for how Wakanda built a "modern" base of wealth and capital, and of course since they're so smart and resourceful they were able to grow from there into a modern nation, then an advanced nation once T'Challa gave them a tech boost.

But, yeah, there's no way in hell Marvel would ever let that happen.
>>
>>93204272
Oxford, I think.
>>
>>93204059
>>93204028
Wait a tic, it even has the thundercatz symbol on it?
>>
>>93204976
It's JUST different enough from the Thundercats symbol to weasel out of a copyright violation.
>>
>>93204368
When would romans have fought them?
>>
>>93204115
I hate /tv/ so much
>>
>>93204028
They sell Vibranium at $10000 a gram.
>>
>>93204154
They wuz kangs.
>>
>>93206587
I'd hate to lose that down the back of the couch
>>
>>93204368
>we wuz kang of kangs
Couldn't help myself.
>>
>>93206454
Yeah, actually, that makes no fucking sense, the Romans never got any further into Africa than the southern parts of Egypt/Tunisia/Algeria/Morocco. But then in one of the other Wakanda threads it was established that nobody has any idea WHERE in Africa Wakanda is. It could feasibly be just slightly south of North Africa.
>>
>>93208233
Nobody in real life or in the marvel universe?
>>
>>93204028
>Did it have sci-fi technology even back then?

You wouldn't have needed it. Better medical care - even something as simple as knowing not to tie battlefield casualties to the stretcher-poles - significantly reduced casualties mid way through WWI; if you had better medical care than the European powers in, say, 1850, you'd be able to beat them by attrition with relative ease. Compared to the actual defeats suffered by colonial powers, that would be a massive, massive advantage.

>why does it have so much money

Money is fiat rather than intrinsic; its value depends on what someone is prepared to exchange for it, even under things like the gold standard (or the silver standard which supplemented, then replaced it before both were dumped) where the object is in fact to attempt to control inflation (ie the supply of new book money in an economy, which must eventually be backed by equivalent amounts of cash money).

Any economy has "so much money" because the people within it have, though indirectly, created by common decision the amount of money present.

If you mean property - a country which is mineral-rich in heavy metals undoubtedly has its own gold, silver and other supply, as well as a strong likelihood of precious gems in abundance. This is down to geology rather than geography or society. Since these rarefied items have high value in other cultures, even small amounts of trade, over time, will easily acquire large amounts of less-valuable items from those other cultures.

Moreover, a culture which can import (in dire need) any foods or other goods it requires because of intrinsic sources of wealth found within its borders will suffer the effects of natural disasters much less than a country with less wealth; which in turn leads to greater economic growth (via stability) over time. In essence, because they are rich, they get richer, and because they aren't reliant on other economies and manage their own well, they don't suffer as many problems.
>>
>>93208312
Nobody in real life. Wakanda has been shown in every part of the continent, its precise location in Africa seems to vary from writer to writer.
>>
>>93208468
>comicbook writers
>knowing anything about geography or scale
>>
>>93208443
>even something as simple as knowing not to tie battlefield casualties to the stretcher-poles
?
>>
>>93204028
Jesus christ fuck off
>>
>>93204468
>BUT IF YOU SELL ANYTHING TO THE WHITE MAN THEY WILL WEAPONIZE IT!
Well, yes, that's why you don't sell them enough for mass production.
>>
>>93206480
>Everything I don't like is /tv/ and /pol/: a child's guid to arguing on /co/
>>
>>93208562
That was a thing everybody did until like 1917!

They'd go out with the stretcher, which was just two poles and a bit of canvas (or whatever you could scrounge up that was equivalent) and to stop the casualty falling off, they'd tie his limbs to the poles.

You've got to remember, they had rudimentary microbial theory and so on, but they didn't really understand about internal injuries. So they'd assume that you were as good as dead if they didn't get you off the field and clean your wounds as quick as possible; but because you'd be tied to two poles moving in four axes (each axis represented by the hand of a stretcher-bearer), you'd actually get injured worse as a result of being carried that way.

When they stopped doing it and started securing casualties properly, the reduction in mortality of battlefield casualties was something ridiculous like 80%.

And if you go back into the 1800s, you're going back before Nightingale and Seacole and Pasteur and so on, in the 1850s- so out goes any chance of clean dressings for your wounds, white devil, let alone actually cleaning the wounds themselves. You're into leeches and bloodletting territory, and you're fucked. They didn't even do anasthesia back then.
>>
>>93205008
Also that middle panther looks just enough like their headquarters, but not enough to get sued.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcGNqrAtsgg
>>
>>93208675
Shut up, /co/mblr
>>
>>93204468
Thats the whole fucking point of the stories. That despite how hyper advanced they believe themselves to be, they're still stuck up assholes with the same faults as the rest of the countries of the world.

>>93208778
Just to add, people have no fucking clue how much life expectancy and birth survival shot up through the introduction basic things we take for granted today like hand washing.
>>
>>93204195
Because the australians aren't isolationist. They horde the Australium, but they sell the technology it allows them to develop.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.