[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we pitch dream shows to replace what is on today's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: skele.png (310KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
skele.png
310KB, 1000x1000px
ITT: we pitch dream shows to replace what is on today's air

Just recently heard of the wave of cancellations for CN. About 2-3 years ago I was in a thread where we all put together this idea for a show about a skeleton detective. It was meant to have a dark, Hellboy like vibe, and he had a werewolf for a partner. Couldn't help but be loaded with bone puns, and solving weird paranormal cases. Let me hear your pitches.
>>
who drew this
>>
>>93195431
I did
>>
>>93195533
Why?
>>
>>93195813
Not OP, but probably because it's fucking humerus.
>>
>>93195533
you have a website? its really neat
>>
>>93195414
Some sort of a darkly humorous cartoon set in an orphanage or something like that. Orphanages are always in backstories but you rarely see stories actually set in them.
>>
Undertale ripoff
>>
>>93195960
can we see more of your art OP?
>>
>>93196060
I'm not the OP
>>
>>93195533
damn OP this shit is good
I'm wondering the same thing as >>93195945
>>
>>93195945
>>93196269
I rather stay anon sorry. I used to practice animation/design but that's more of my side work now. Maybe someday you'll see me involved with cartoons.

But I made this thread to hear pitches, or to add to each other's worlds. I could only imagine how many amazing ideas there are out there that will die with the people who made them because they'll never be able to execute. Maybe some will be willing to share?
>>
>>93195533
good stuff man

but does he have any facial expressions?
>>
>>93196041
such lazy shitposting
>>
>>93196743
I think the bones might stretch and squash to give some mildly wacky expressions.
>>
Ok I try

Because pre 2010 CN shows were great, why not a crossover show with different, wait
FUCKNG FUSIONFALL TV SHOW
THIS MUST OCCUR
>>
File: Fan theory.png (226KB, 617x539px) Image search: [Google]
Fan theory.png
226KB, 617x539px
>>93195414

I always wanted make a audio/motion comic show.

Get the best actors in hollywood, get some cheap editing and sound effects, and tell a story, using little animations.
>>
File: Photo on 6-14-17 at 10.47 AM.jpg (215KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 6-14-17 at 10.47 AM.jpg
215KB, 1080x720px
>>93195414
>pic related (his name is john) flies across the galaxy trying (and failing) to conquer planets
>basically he's like a mix of marvin the martian, lord hater and zim
>all the while, the prince of this bubble kingdom has a huge crush on him, though you don't see him too often
>animation is looney-tunes/john k-esque, with a little bit of woy
>same with the humor
>>
File: 1398521449366.jpg (85KB, 523x332px) Image search: [Google]
1398521449366.jpg
85KB, 523x332px
>>93195921
>it's fucking humerus.
>>
>>93195414
Pitch it to Adult Swim
>>
>>93195414
What does this spooky boy's ideal voice sound like?

>>93200969
This
>>
>>93195414
I have something similar, in that the main protagonist is a skeleton. It's probably more of an AS show, really.

A lich from Tartarus goes to Earth in hopes of living his childhood dream of becoming a super villain. Unfortunately, he soon discovers that his dream is nothing more than a scripted show for the masses to enjoy (fights between heroes and super villains are setup by directorial managers and writers and are filmed live by drones equipped with cameras. Villains often do not win these matches). He becomes disillusioned and angry about his occupation, but feels he can never return home and face everyone as a failure(and thereby admit that they were right to tell him to pursue a typical lich-like profession instead of living a childish fantasy). It's when he's at his lowest that he (unwillingly) befriends a 10yo goth girl who becomes obsessed with him and believes he was sent to her by "the Dark One". This leads to other friendships (a guy who henches for a popular, big time villain, and a young lady who desperately want to be the lich's underling) and eventually to some adventures and slice of life stuff.
>>
>>93195414
What are his powers or supernatural abilities?
>>
About 7 years ago, i was inspired by Mignola and made a comic starring skeleton detective. It sucked and i didn't finish it.
>>
Nice Hellboy OC faggot
>>
File: coolguygetit.png (28KB, 631x800px) Image search: [Google]
coolguygetit.png
28KB, 631x800px
>>93195414
I really dig that Mignola look

I wish CN had more action oriented comedy shows. My pitch is for something kind of like Static Shock, where in superpowers are introduced to the masses and its up to the individual to decide what they do with said powers. It's called Appliance Alliance!

A man's house catches on fire and he begins to suffocate from smoke inhalation. Thinking quickly, he removes the air conditioner from the window. He then proceeds to ram the air conditioner's plug into his chest. Miraculously, the machine fuses with his lungs, and allows them to pump air through his body at 200 times their normal efficiency. This grants him super strength. When the public catches wind o the story, the city comes out and urges people not to try and jab electrical appliances into their bodies to get superpowers because it doesn't make any sense and there's like, a 99.9% chance you'll just kill yourself.

People start doing it anyway and they start dropping like flies. But for every 10 or so deaths, someone gets lucky enough to gain the powers of their appliance. Eventually it becomes a flavor of the week situation, where our patient zero, now going by the name Dual Speed on account of his dual speed air conditioner, must fight the baddies coming out of the shadows.

I should mention that it would also follow Dual Speed coming to terms with everything, including being a 'hero'. For the first few episodes he would have to carry around the air conditioner with him while fighting crime.

Feel free to criticize or contribute. I'm sure y'all could come up with some wacky villains or heroes
>>
Since I was in high school I've had an idea for a story that plays on the "young heroes" trope about a team of genie hunters in training. The whole point is that they're trained from a young age so that they never really think about how they're essentially enslaving people because those that survive to hunt as adults view it as a necessary evil to keep humanity safe.
Over the years I've added more and more to the story to the point where I have the development for the four main characters, as well as a side team planned so now I'm kinda trying to practice writing so I can build skill to try to team up with an artist and make it into a graphic novel series.
>>
>>93201433
That's pretty awesome, I'd suggest not including deaths but rather it just not working
>>
>>93195960
I had a similar idea, but set in an asylum.
>>
>>93201887
Fair enough, especially if it's geared towards CN
>>
>>93201887
Also, thanks! I'm glad you like the idea
>>
File: 1495687138322.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495687138322.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>no one ever comments on your idea
>>
>>93203379
>same
>>
>>93200690
got some appeal. I dunno about the gay romance though. I mean if it's funny then ya. I gotta see this guy in motion.
>>
>>93203379
>>93204757
you guys need to post more drawings.
>>
>>93203379
This
>>
>>93205241
it's unrequited. The bubble prince is madly in love with John, while John doesn't even know about it.
>>
>>93205241
actually thinking of turning him into a comic first, but i created him with the potential of an animated series in mind.
>>
>>93201338
Looks more like Emperor Zombie from Amazing Screw-On Head.
>>
>>93203379
>>93204757
Post art that isn't "I just started" level.
Keep your ideas short and simple, no one wants to read an essay.

That's all you need. A lot of people like OP's idea for that very reason. Had OP had the same image but a paragraph explaining it, this thread would've died. Or had he the same text but no image, same thing.
>>
>>93195414
Really cool, would work nicely with Poe/ Lovecraft elements
Of course it's a show for AS and not CN
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.