[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard that Grant Morrison's New X-Men feels like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: newxmen.jpg (76KB, 400x620px) Image search: [Google]
newxmen.jpg
76KB, 400x620px
I've heard that Grant Morrison's New X-Men feels like a culmination/celebration of the series up until that point.
I have never read any X-Men stories before and there are like a thousand of those, what's the ideal reading list before getting into it?
>>
>>93194364
>like a culmination/celebration of the series up until that point.

I've never heard that. It's mostly an attempt to breath new life into a comic that was floundering and once he left they let Whedon do a back to basics story.
>>
>>93194364
>a culmination/celebration of the series up until that point.

Not really. It pushed the franchise forward, so of course Marvel immediately had to fuck it up by reversing as much as possible of it after Morrison left.
>>
>>93194364
More like a satire/deconstruction of all the stale boring stuff that previous writers regurgitated over and over while Morrison adds some of his own touches.
Anyway, if you wanna get into X-Men, you gotta read Claremont, start with Giant Size X-Men #1, followed by X-Men #94 and so on.
You can skip anything not written by Claremont, desu, especially in preparation for Morrison's run.
>>
File: xmen06.png (3MB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
xmen06.png
3MB, 1067x1600px
>>93194364
>what's the ideal reading list before getting into it?
Nothing really specific, you could read those First Class comics and the Claremont stuff. But if you've just seen the movies or watched the cartoons that'd be enough as well.
>>
>>93195814
w-why does Emma have a bulge?
>>
>>93195856
That's her secondary mutation
>>
>>93195856
Morrison is into futa.
>>
>>93195856

She's got a massive clit.
>>
>>93195856
Because Quitely draws lumpy potato people.
>>
>>93194364
start with Giant-Sized X-Men then keep going in release order. it only takes a couple afternoons since comics can be read so quickly
>>
Morrison did more damage to the franchise than Austen
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.