[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is Wakanda so advanced if it's in the middle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 10

File: wakanda-feat.png (1MB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
wakanda-feat.png
1MB, 1080x720px
How the fuck is Wakanda so advanced if it's in the middle of Africa? How did it become so advanced in the first place? Also, could someone edit Alberto Barbosa's face onto Black panther please?
>>
>>93193642
Why can't /tv/ stay in there own fucking board?
>>
>>93193642
is surrounded by mountains on most sides, it is rich in natural resources, its warriors seized fertile land on its one exposed border and it told whitebois they couldn't compete
>>
>>93193642
vibranium, son
>>
Where even in Africa is it? Central? South? West? East? What nations does it border?
>>
>>93193642
The best explanation I've heard is that because of their dealings with a mystical entity and the gift of the myriad applications of Vibranium, the best of the local tribes and countries congregate towards them and the worst are told to fuck off. In time these properties of spiritualism, material wealth and skilled workforce build on each other when unifying instead of dividing not that doesn't happen in Wakanda, but it's scarcely enough to destroy what's built.
>>
>>93193642
Of all the ridiculous things in marvel comics, why is this in any way special?
>>
>>93194008
Because Wakanda is a really major insertion into a very real part of our real world. Marvel New York is full of superheroes, but it never really stops being New York. Asgard, Atlantis, Attila, and other fictional realms in Marvel are off planet and sometimes in a separate reality. Latveria is off in Eastern Europe, and the really fantastical thing about THEM is just Doom. But Wakanda exists in a way that makes Marvel Earth's history complicated because of the way history played out in for-real Africa.

I mean, what did Wakanda do during the Scramble for Africa? Let's assume they were pretty potent/advanced by that point, and were able to keep the British and the French at bay. Did they then just sort of sit back and let almost every other part of the continent get snapped up? Did Ethiopia offer to ally with them, considering they weren't conquered either?
>>
>>93194178
Wakanda had a god protect them with a guardian and used super minerals to advance quickly while avoiding all contact with the outside world,T challa is the first BP to ever be active in outside affairs I don't see why /tv/ can't grasp it's head around this one piece of fiction
>>
>>93194233
>if I accuse him of being from /tv/ I don't have to answer his questions!
>>
>>93194178
>Did they then just sort of sit back and let almost every other part of the continent get snapped up?
Why would they do anything other?
How is Africa their obligation?

Do you see all of the peoples of Asia or the Americas reacting to the tragedies in their continent that are outside their boarders?

Wakanda is not the one perpetuating the problem, so despite these usual attempts to burden them morally it just doesn't hold. It's like me asking why you're not patrolling your neighborhood right now to stop any and all crimes you possibly can.
>>
How does vibranium help someone solve mathematical and biology problems?
>>
>>93194265
Actually, he called you out for being from /tv/ after he answered your question, so you can fuck off.
>>
>>93194352
It's the macguffin metal it does some crazy shit, and what crazy shit it doesn't do it can make it easy to purchase the crazy shit that do.
>>
>>93194178
> Let's assume they were pretty potent/advanced by that point, and were able to keep the British and the French at bay. Did they then just sort of sit back and let almost every other part of the continent get snapped up?
Unironically yeah. Africa is tribalistic, the fact that this one tribe was able to fend off outsiders doesn't change that, rather it seems to have heightened the general sense among Wakandans that they are the best, and the other guys just suck.
>>
File: Squidward.jpg (34KB, 600x292px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward.jpg
34KB, 600x292px
>>93194178
>I mean, what did Wakanda do during the Scramble for Africa?

Pic related
>>
>>93193642
Panther gods, and fancy metal.
>>
>>93194352
It emits a sort of magic-y radiation that makes people smarter.
>>
>>93193642
Wasn't the original explanation that they pulled a Meiji and sent a lot of their most promising minds to study in Europe and other countries?
>>
>>93194444
I love the quads, but wonder... what would Wakanda's ruling council say if someone pointed out that the world is slowly closing the gap between the technological disparity and having someone try to explain that 'eventually, they'll be on an even footing with you. You might want to start making allies NOW.'
>>
>>93194595
Call them idiots because Wakandians are smug bastards only out-jackassed by the Kree.
>>
File: cggh.png (1MB, 663x741px) Image search: [Google]
cggh.png
1MB, 663x741px
>>93194178
>I mean, what did Wakanda do during the Scramble for Africa? Let's assume they were pretty potent/advanced by that point, and were able to keep the British and the French at bay. Did they then just sort of sit back and let almost every other part of the continent get snapped up? Did Ethiopia offer to ally with them, considering they weren't conquered either?

>>93194442
/his/ here basically what this anon said, Black Africans never had a pan-African identity, that is a modern African american thing and even today the main source of conflicts in the continent is a of tribal/ethnic background.

Pretty much the same happened with American natives and South East Asians when European colonists arrived they never thought "hey guys let's put out differences aside and kick their these weird pink colored aliens out of our lands" they thought "these weird pink aliens have some cool weapons maybe if we convince them to help us we will finally genocide our enemies"
>>
File: british-empire-1886.jpg (323KB, 1051x794px) Image search: [Google]
british-empire-1886.jpg
323KB, 1051x794px
>>93194595
Beyond even that, going back to the idea of the Scramble for Africa: sure, Wakanda maintains its independence, but sooner or later they would be basically surrounded by imperialist powers. This might be a rather precarious situation.

Not to mention the British, in particular, were sneaky shits when it came to conquering/taking things. Look up how they won control of India. It would be very in-character for them to try and topple Wakanda from within by prying the government/society for faction and exploiting it.

That might make a good limited series, come to think of it. Some past Black Panther having to deal with that.
>>
>>93193642
It was built on the crash site of vibranium meteor.

And vibranium being Cap's shield means you can have a full army decked out in the tech.
>>
>>93193642
Multiple reasons.As far as I understand it:

1. Tiger Goddess makes them extra smart and commands them to science extra hard.

2. Magic

3. Cosmic artifacts

4. The vibranium deposits gave a huge tech advantage.

5. They are isolationists who ignore the rest of the continent, and don't get caught up in the myriad wars.
>>
>>93193642
They should have set Wankanda in Madgascar.
>>
>>93194317
Seriously, Africa is not one country. Even inside countries there are many tribes with competing interests. Wakanda might have been content to see their rivals getting fucked over by an outside force while they hid behind their mountains and magic and progressed.
>>
>>93194680
>pan-African identity, that is a modern African american thing

Pan-African ideology has been a part of African decolonization since the 60s.
>>
File: IMG_0100.jpg (74KB, 670x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0100.jpg
74KB, 670x317px
>>93193642
Vibranium puts out a kind of radiation that mutates people, pure raw vibranium will turn people into what amount to a pink Hulk like it did to T'Challa's half brother and to the natives who lived too close to the vibranium mound in the past. Regular processed vibranium puts out less of that radiation so it just mutates them over time, making them smarter.
>>
test
>>
>>93194680
>Pretty much the same happened with American natives and South East Asians when European colonists arrived they never thought "hey guys let's put out differences aside and kick their these weird pink colored aliens out of our lands" they thought "these weird pink aliens have some cool weapons maybe if we convince them to help us we will finally genocide our enemies"

That's basically the fundamental truth to human nature. When presented with a powerful outside entity with it's own desires on a fixed resource(land, food, material wealth, human capital), the only solutions are to either ally with them or unite against it. The smart bet is always the latter, because dealing with a guaranteed perpetual state of weakness like that will never work out. The more human take is that the guys you'd need to ally with have grudges and you do too, so fuck the long term solution.

Even outside that, the thing that's killed the most historical empires, and this is true from europe to asia to the americas, isn't a big catastrophe. It's that the uniting figure dies or goes away and everyone else dives right into petty tribal squabbles or personal beefs.
>>
>>93194595
The world really isn't catching up to them in tech. What they're actually getting are random Superhumans able to close the gap in military strength in a few hundred years. As it stands, Wakanda is still capable of fending off the rest of the planet easily.
>>
>>93194892
>60's
>not part of modernity
>>
>>93194661
What about the Skrull, Badoon and Celestials?
>>
File: GORILLACITY-08-FFF10-07.jpg (1MB, 1131x787px) Image search: [Google]
GORILLACITY-08-FFF10-07.jpg
1MB, 1131x787px
>>93193642
So who would win in an all out war between Wakanda and Gorilla City?
>>
>>93194973
What about the variety of super-scientists? I mean, didn't Reed once turn over most or all of his patents to the US government to be allowed to restore Doom to Latveria's leadership because Latveria WITHOUT Doom was somehow shittier than Latviera WITH Doom?

By any kind of logic, having multiple minds working together should be able to progress more quickly to a nation more concerned with secrecy than with progress?
>>
>>93194502

So that's what tf2's australium was all about?
>>
>>93195020
I was objecting to the "American" part.
>>
>>93194823
>Even inside countries there are many tribes with competing interests

Including in wakanda. The various tribes inside Wakanda are always going at each other.
>>
>>93195070
Gorillas aren't as vicious, and will be culturally enriched by NINGENS.
>>
>>93194233

That is the in-universe explanation, in real life is just black apologists at it again.
>>
>>93195092
That would require the status quo of the Marvel Universe to meaningfully differ from our world's status quo, and we all know that will never happen.
>>
>>93195149
...The real life reason a fictional nation has a backstory?
>>
>>93195092
You're failing to account for Tchalla being nearly Reed's equal. Granted, there are actually a decent amount of people within range of him but they don't have a magic metal that lets them get away with anything they desire.
It's also very rare that individuals advance science as a whole. It's usually the work of many individuals and Wakanda has a great many individuals at a higher standard of education than the rest of the planet. THere's also the way that technological advancement seems to rise exponentially depending on how advanced it is. The gap can close, but it's way bigger than you're estimating.
Wakanda also has the advantage of being able to steal any ideas they see in science fiction novels and fuck around with trying to make them real centuries before we try the same thing.
Of course the RL reason is that Hudlin went full Mary Sue with things.
Before that the Nation was powerful but the technology level was a result of BP personally inventing everything.
>>
>>93193642
Didn't they just advance from trimbes in straw huts to scifi in just the recent 20-30 years after discovering vibranium?
>>
>>93195149
The in universe explanation is all that matters since Wakanda is fictional. Do people get this bent out of shape with the other Marvel hidden lands?
>A jungle? In the middle of one of the poles? How do they live there? It's too cold! And why are there dinosaurs?

>Mount Wondergore? That's stupid. How could a mad scientist create his own race of animal creatures?

>Man, multiple cities under the sea? That's bullshit

>How could there be city of godlike creatures on Titan.

>Blue Area of the moon? The moon is too small to support an atmosphere! And how could it only have part of an atmosphere?

It's fictional. None of these things exist.
>>
Well, for one, Africa is insanely rich in natural resources.
>>
>>93195296
>>A jungle? In the middle of one of the poles? How do they live there? It's too cold! And why are there dinosaurs?

Mountain ranges block wind and snow drift while volcanism warms the area. The dinosaurs are descended from ones survived the extinction event that killed all the rest.
>>
File: 1496355903051.png (495KB, 953x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1496355903051.png
495KB, 953x1282px
>there are posters right here right now that think Africa is just a desert savanna

pls tell me you you know its a continent with insane resources

pls tell me you know there's modern cities with skycrapers

pls tell me you know its beyond corrupt and literally 10 people own the whole continent
>>
Vibranium does the work. Means you got people with free time to study. Sooner or later they get it. And then the successful ones breed.
>>
>>93195285
The straw huts is hyperbole and they've known they had vibranium since the time of fucking CONAN. You're confusing it with Tchalla super sciencing the shit out of everything which got retconned out and replaced by Hudlin. Before then the Wakandan people had to try and adapt with suddenly leaping ahead in tech by a few centuries.
>>
>rich in one rare natural resource
>makes you an advanced India-tier pooperpower

Uh what? Just ask any oil, copper, nickel, etc. rich country how that works out?
>>
>>93195255
I... see. I'm really not sure how I feel about all of that.
I kind of like the idea that Wakanda should be (and is) afraid that the outside world will catch up to them. I'd like to see how the Wakandans would react if that was a realistic problem for them.
>>
>>93194973
Attilan is still the single most powerful nation/city on Earth by miles. THe city brought down the Kree homeworld after annihilating a Shi'Ar fleet attacking it.

Wakanda and Atlantis seem to counter each other, but a lot of that has to do with the average Atlantean being in the 20 ton range strength-wise. It makes less sense when you realize that Wakanda is not near a coast but has a major enemy in a north Atlantic undersea kingdom.

Latveria is ridiculously powerful because of Doom, it has too damn many doom bots and sentry bots, and the capitol castle flies and travels through time.

Meanwhile the average Wakanda soldier is in the same boat as AIM, SHIELD, Hydra, and Project Pegasus mook. They have cool shit but die in huge numbers to even the lowliest superhuman.
>>
>>93195070
Aren't all the Gorillas there psychic powered?>>93195092
>>
>>93195361
>The dinosaurs are descended from ones survived the extinction event
m8 that shit was global. Not like, happening here and there across the globe, like literally covering the globe in enough dust to prevent heat from the sun warming things.
There were plants that couldn't get enough light to do plant things.
I don't think there are mountains high enough and volcanoes hot enough to keep a large, cold blooded reptile that needs a lot of daily upkeep alive during that.

Like that anon said though, it's fiction.
>>
>>93195092
Latveria without Doom is a shitty principality with a local prince lording over everyone and the peasants had few rights.

The FF restored the prince once and he abused the leftover sentrybots and Doom built weapons to make it a horrible slave state and dominate the peasants for ever having cared for living under Doom.

The peasants have appreciated Doom ever since.
>>
>>93195440
Wakanda is basically Iran without the sanctions.
>>
>>93195255
I thought it was T'Challa's father that built everything after patenting the vibranium
>>
>>93195466
>It makes less sense when you realize that Wakanda is not near a coast but has a major enemy in a north Atlantic undersea kingdom
In all the history of mankind, it has been conflicts of interest that defined enmity; not proximity of borders. The latter just has a tendency to spawn the former.

Now what that conflict of interest is - that's a whole other story.
>>
>>93195361
>>93195490
It's also 100% artificial with mechanical volcanoes keeping the temperature warm. It was built by aliens before even the Kree showed up.
>>
>>93194502
Isn't that the same reason behind the forming of DC's Gorilla City?
>>
>>93194233
>Wakanda had a god protect them

So literally plot armor
>>
Why don't they spread their technology and quality of life stuff to the rest of Africa? Don't they care about all the wars and starving children and slaughtered innocents?
>>
>>93195285
Well in the Marvel movie, their skyscrapers have strawhut-looking roofs. I'm glad the Wakandians got to keep their heritage after becoming prosperous.
>>
>>93195442
Within the MU, Wakanda being more advanced than the rest of the world is mostly hyperbole. You're talking about a world where a spy agency has regularly used robotic doubles for anything from kidnapping and replacing key individuals to filling personnel needs since the 60s, Canada has an extensive and highly developed superhuman law enforcement agency, superhuman black ops program, and is the main backer of a space-based planetary defense force, Russia mass produces powered armor, and American superheroes regularly interfere with intergalactic politics.
>>
>>93195574
Hey, no one complains about the Asgardians colluding with the Germanics.
>>
>>93195466
That's more due to Marvel in recent times deciding to start wrecking Wakanda's shit for cheap shock value like a broken record. These are the same Wakandans that took out spears and gored superpower enhanced skrulls to death in martial combat.
I keep on forgetting that Attilan was on the moon and their strength is in the amount of superhumans shoring up military strength. Eg Black Bolt was powering all those canons.
Then again this is the same Attilan that let Captain Hydra stomp all over them without a fight the moment BB was gone?
Doom overestimates himself, hoards his power to himself, and doesn't even trust his doombots to operate at maximum power because he knows better than to trust himself. He aviods retalation because dealing with the mess after removing him is far worse. Noone suddenly wants to have to dedicate their soldiers to fending off the armies of fucking DRACULA and it's very difficult to convince your people that sending soldiers to risk eternal damnation from blood sucking demons for and in a different country.(Latvertia traditionally is constantly fighting off Dracula) I feel like very few politicians would survive making that order.
>>93195514
There was a storytime of BP's first appearance a few years ago. Tchala built EVERYTHING himself.
>>
>>93194711
>sneaky shits
The word you were searching for is Effective. If only World War 1 hadn't happened. Africa would be so much better off today. Unlike the Wakandans, the British actually helped.
>>
>>93193763
yes
>>
>>93195624
Not really. Africa was fucked by the collapse of the mid-Atlantic slave trade.
Group A trades POWs and gets alot of profit trading with the europeans.
Eventually Group A is is more agressive in getting import/export materials.
Group B now has to trade slaves with europeans for guns to defend themselves from the various group A's.
Group C tries attacking the Europeans instead as they aren't too thrilled with this enslaving our people idea. The king's head is then stored in a dutch museum for several centuries.
Kingdom types A and B are getting more prosperous on the now slave trade based economies until the slave trade collapses. Since they just lose a massive chunk of their economy they have a catastrophic economic collapse.
Cue civil wars everywhere.
Europe uses this chance to invade and colonize while africa is weak.
Then when europe leaves they draw the lines randomly in such a way that everyone that hates each other is jumbled together as part of a country instead of along tribal lines where diplomacy would have been more straightforward thanks to the groups being united.
Wakanda had no such collapse due to their strong military and isolationist policies so they'd be immune to most negative issues africa had to deal with.
>>
>>93195577
Why do people have to keep asking this? If you're not gonna read the comics, at least read the damn thread. Wakanda doesn't do that because Wakanda doesn't really give a shit.
>>
>>93195624
The word you were searching for is Perfidious.
>>
>>93195896
It'd be faster if you said "Does Wakanda have to choke a bitch?"
>>
>>93195568
>DC's Gorilla City
Their own Detroit?
>>
>>93195750
The idea that they just weren't messed with at all though IS a little bit strange. Even Ethiopia had to fight a war to retain their independence. I assume that at some point the British or French or Italians tried to mess with Wakanda and got BTFO.
>>
File: IMG_4321.jpg (21KB, 203x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4321.jpg
21KB, 203x215px
>>93195070
>tfw they're the same thing
>>
>>93195577
>Why don't they spread their technology and quality of life stuff to the rest of Africa?
What made you think Wakanda consider themselves Africans? It's the same way the UK don't consider themselves Europeans or the Japanese viewing Asians. You think people would help each other because they have the same colour skin? How childish.
>>
File: 623626.jpg (76KB, 695x407px) Image search: [Google]
623626.jpg
76KB, 695x407px
>>93194178
I hate /pol/ autism
>>
File: 1497414196736.jpg (567KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
1497414196736.jpg
567KB, 1000x1537px
>>93193642
They built a wall.
>>
>>93193642
The kings of Wakanda were smart enough to resist attempts at European colonialism.
At the same time, they realized that they had a rare, invaluable resource, and utilized this to integrate themselves into the global economy.
Unlike other countries, they appear to be the only ones allowed to mine and process the stuff. There was no British Patroleum equivalent using imperialist strongarming to get the local government to hand over mineral rights.
Rare supermetal means an army EQUIPPED with said super metal. Guns=nosell.
High wealth reinvested into education=diversification. Even if resources run out, Wakanda has now ingratiated itself into the global economy in a strong capacity.

In other words, strong leadership from the Black Panther.
>>
>>93196119
The main advantage that of europeans was the fact that they had guns. I think you're using post-economic collapse africa as the standard to compare to when civilization was generally spread out somewhat evenly across humanity thanks to trade. A great many kingdoms had invented/used chainmail long ago.
I imagine guns were less effective vs an army of people with magical chainmail, weapons that can cut through anything, and a dude enhanced to above Captain America levels.
>>
They must have finally killed off all the wildlife that prevented agriculture grin taking root.

Of course, this should also have increased the rate of desertification so eventually the Sahara will grow to encompass the continent.
>>
Why is /tv/ so triggered by Black Panther? We had an autist here yesterday keep trying to make an argument that T'Challa is somehow less rich and less smarter than Tony. Fucking retards need to pick up some comics.
>>
>>93199716
We all know the reason. We just don't want to say it lest we summon more of them.
>>
>>93194178
There is no Ethiopia in Marvel. Marvel's Africa is just Wakanda and Egypt with MudHutLands inbetween. And a decent sprinkle of warlords on top.
>>
>>93193763
depends on the writer. It's been located from being neighbors with south africa to as far as eygpt
>>
>>93194178
They pretty let the rest of Africa deal with the real world shit on their own. There's a panel that shows a Wakanda border guard standing atop the panther-headed gate while starving Africans threw stones and pounded on the wall with their hands.
>>
>>93199847
There was South Africa too. DOOM put the blacks in charge when he took over the world.
>>
>>93199716
Well to be fair he is less Smarter than Tony. Less Rich is fucking retarded though.
>>
>>93199716
It's dumb that T'challa is a genius as well as a king and an expert martial artist etc.

As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't even be the smartest man in Wakanda.
>>
>>93196618
Wakanda sounds like Trumps wet dream. Wakanda first, no immigration build a wall, a single family controls everything, protectionism and isolation.
>>
>>93199925
It's a comic. That's not even impressive for a comic superhero
>>
>Also, could someone edit Alberto Barbosa's face onto Black panther please?
Why can't you do it?
>>
>>93193763
Generally it's somewhere central - I think it's been depicted at the Botswana/Zimbabwe/Zambia/Namibia quadripoint before

But as other anons point out it's "surrounded" by mountains, so... just somewhere. Around Victoria Falls sounds good; but Wakanda has also been shown much closer to Kenya before. A mere 3,000km.

>>93193642

>How did it become so advanced in the first place?

They made discoveries and kept them to themselves. They also send out spies to neighboring nations and beyond, so they'd have been able to learn from advances made elsewhere, just like every other country.

Being geographically remote in a region which had very little by way of continental empires until the Scramble for Africa began in Europe, they had every opportunity to become advanced without opposition.

Think of them being at least as powerful as the Great Zimbabwe culture, but not suffering any setbacks in the 15th century and through limited but specific trade and a focus on experimentation, being able to build rapidly on or advance slightly ahead of the Renaissance in Europe. Without suffering the plague, Europe might have advanced even faster - innumerable minds were lost which might otherwise have been turned to science. So if Wakanda for example had discovered rudimentary antibiotics or inoculation - the same way the rest of the world did, by accident - in the 1500s or 1600s, they could easily have been working on almost anything by the end of the following century, light years ahead of the nearest competition.

That's before you get into their possession of the world's largest Vibranium deposits; the study of an entirely new element found nowhere else in the world would be very likely to grant significant advantages in the physical sciences.

>>93194178
> it never really stops being New York

I see. You're having an Unga-bunga moment.

Did you know Lagos has a GDP around $90 billion, and a population equivalent to New York or London, living in similar conditions?
>>
Plop a cliche "hidden super society" in any continent and nobody minds unless it's Africa.
None of you autists blink about Atlantis, or K'un L'un, or El Dorado, or the Savage Land.
>>
>>93199925
Is it dumb that Bruce Wayne is all those things too?
>>
>>93199898
I think in Hickvengers it was implied that T'Challa is smarter than Tony. He was shown to be near Reed's level.
>>
>>93200042
Yes, comics are full of shit writers.
Everyone's a genius level intellect but everyone acts like a fucking retard.
>>
>>93200056
T'Challa and Doom were intellectual equals in Doomwar and we know Doom is smarter than Tony and slightly less smarter than Richards.

By law of power levels, T'Challa edges out Tony in the intelligence department.
>>
/tv/ posters should be auto perma-banned from posting on /co/
>>
>>93200072
But how is it dumb? T'Challa is the king of an advanced civilization. Of course he would get the best schooling. Being the Black Panther calls for being hyper intelligent too.

Pick up some comics /tv/
>>
>North East African isolationist country
>Worships Egyptian gods
>Everybody is African American/West African
>They speak South African Xhosa click language
>Greater genetic and linguistic diversity in Africa than there is anywhere else on the planet
>Marvel studios basically saying all black people are the same in Africa
>Black people acting like this is a step forward and appreciation of African culture
>Makes as much sense as there being some legendary city in the British Isles that speak Kazah populated by Greeks.
>Stories and characters invented by white and jewish people being brought onto cinemas by white and jewish people
>>
>>93200103
>But how is it dumb?
You shouldn't write powers in that you can't write properly.
it's stupid to make everyone a genius but have them act like retards
>>
Great Zimbabwe? Great mystery that is. Not much is known. Great glorious pile of rocks, good engineering no doubt, but nothing known aboput their civilisation otherwise.
>>
>>93194178
>but it never really stops being New York.

...unless it's once again destroyed, because that's the point where it goes fully commie and they just rebuild it exactly like it used to be, with zero land speculation and construction monguls/US Presidents dicking around with the city.

>I mean, what did Wakanda do during the Scramble for Africa?

The universe they're in doesn't have a history previous to WW2.
>>
>>93193642
>more nu-/poltv/ shitposting

It's a fucking comic. You have niggers running around shooting lighting out their fingers and shit, but the thing that bothers you the most is one made up nation in Africa getting rich off their jew metal?
>>
>>93200121
When has T'Challa acted like a retard in recent memory?
>>
>>93193642
why don't you fucking crossboarders read a comic, or even a fucking wiki article, and then kill yourselves?
>>
>>93199998
To be fair two of those are actually on a continent. One of those is just a dino filled shithole in Antartica. El Dorado as far as i know is just nice by Injun standards. Two are alien cities and one may as well be.
>>
>>93200106
>>Worships Egyptian gods
There are actually alot of oral traditions that imply egyptian god worship spread pretty far but they aren't considered valid sources by academia because they weren't written down. This is a bit hypocritical since there's a massive amount of stuff about ancient european civilizations that only is known via oral traditions and is considered to have perfectly valid sources.
>>93200172
Rarely. He flies under the radar, so idiots trying to portray geniuses don't have the opportunity to screw him up.
>>
>>93200247
There are two main theories to El Dorado.
One is that it was just some shit that the indians made up to make the gullible/greedy europeans move away from them in search of it.
The other is https://www.cnet.com/news/has-google-earth-located-el-dorado/ .
>>
>>93200262
Wait so if he's never shown to he stupid then what is your argument? I know you don't read comics so it's best to drop the charade. Don't come to a comics board trying to school the people who actually read these things.
>>
>>93200262
Yes and Egyptian influence spread all the way down the nile into the Meroe/Nubian territories. I'm aware of this, but my point was that they speak a click language from literally the other end of Africa. About the same distance as Mexico to Argentina, and that they were all being played by West Africans rather than East Africans.
>>
>>93200320
No. I was just another completely different anon pointing out that BP has an advantage of never having to deal with Bendis trying to sound smart. Everyone else in the MU has been shoved the retard ball so often that BP is one of the smartest by default at this point.
>>
>>93194178
>I mean, what did Wakanda do during the Scramble for Africa? Let's assume they were pretty potent/advanced by that point, and were able to keep the British and the French at bay. Did they then just sort of sit back and let almost every other part of the continent get snapped up?
Yeah, probably. Wakanda is extremely isolationist. And because of their combination of magic, technology and and natural resources they're self-sufficient enough to make it work. Modern-day Wakanda under T'Challa's rule is after they opened up contact with the rest of the world, and they're STILL isolationist.
>>
>>93195070
>traveling tubes where you hold onto handle above

that's comfy
>>
>>93199982
>That's before you get into their possession of the world's largest Vibranium deposits; the study of an entirely new element found nowhere else in the world would be very likely to grant significant advantages in the physical sciences.

Regarding Vibranium.

Its a comic book kingdom it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>93198274
The main advantage wasn't guns. Fucking EVERYONE had guns at this stage, they traded guns TO the Africans for all their precious metals and jewels.

The main advantage was a well drilled professional standing army, if you rock up with your army at the border of a tribal country, they're not going to be able to organise a strong resistance, and not having your army being made of the farmers and other important professions means you can fight the war longer and with less worry about casualties.
>>
>>93202195
So what Wakanda needs to do what it did is the thing it already has been doing since the dawn of time and that's why it's ridiculous that they did it?
>>
>>93199860
WE
>>
>>93193642
You never payed attention in class, did you?

Your Eurocentric view is outdated. Asia and Africa discovered and imvented things millenia before Europe. The main issue with Africa was that they rarely documented anything. When Europe came, they stole everything and pawned it off as their own. If anything, Europe is one of the least influencial continents before colonozation.
>>
>>93193692
>vibranium, Douglas. Very expensive.
>>
>>93195440
Being rich in oil and cotton worked pretty well for the USA.
Being rich in coal amd iron worked pretty well for the British and the Germans.

The important part is developing domestic industries and maintaining independence instead of letting a handful of foreign puppets enrich themselves exporting your rare materials and importing foriegn goods.
>>
>>93202421
>falseflagging this hard
>>
>>93199998
The Savage Land is just fun dinosaur times in the Antarctic, I'd hardly call it a civilization.

And Atlantis, K'un L'un, and El Dorado are all cities, not countries. It's much easier to have a hidden society when it's only city-sized.
>>
>>93193642
Technological advancements are usually tied to access to resources. If you have access to superior resources, your technology is going to be better.
>>
>>93202421
>/pol/: masters of subtlety
>>
>>93203040
In both cases they were paired with a robust and diverse export market.
>>
>>93195365
>skyscrapers
>africa

what dis boi be talkin about
>>
>>93193642
>How the fuck is Wakanda so advanced

They kept other Africans out. That's 90% of the job.
>>
>>93195365
I'm not sure how good it is to say that "Hey, Africa isn't JUST the Middle East, warlords, and primitive tribes, it's ALSO Brazil!"
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.