[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else remember Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Ad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: totallylegitscreencap.png (153KB, 560x285px) Image search: [Google]
totallylegitscreencap.png
153KB, 560x285px
Does anyone else remember Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure? Pic related; I got into Madoka Magica partly because "THAT scene" made me think of the f'ing Greedy. Watch and agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7PtQh4gA8

It was on first-gen Disney Channel a lot (yeah, I'm aging myself here, and I don't care). Damn, that channel was eclectic as hell back then. They showed this, The Phantom Tollbooth, The Raccoons, I think the Rankin-Bass LOTR, even The frigging Point, and a lot of forgotten Disney educational shorts back when Disney itself was almost dying. Why were their programmers so ballsy at such a dark time in company history?

So...Musical Adventure/1st-gen Disney Channel thread? (And PS: do any of your anime fans wonder if Akiyuki Shinbo and co. know about Richard Williams?)
>>
>>93193436

Watched it all the time when I was a kid, loved it, very sad that it hasn't gotten a proper release this generation of media
>>
Bumpo for interest, OP
>>
>>93193436
Shinbo is a mixed bag for me but he has great taste, he's a huge mignola fan, you can see it in one of sayonara zetsubou sensei endings, and soultaker is basically a love letter to mignola
>>
>>93193436
the animation in this is amazing but it makes me uneasy
>>
>>93193436
i think i remember seeing this scene as a kid and being weirded out by it, but i was never able to remember where it was from

until today!

that's some fluid animation but it makes me real uneasy
>>
>>93195206
>that's some fluid animation but it makes me real uneasy
The whole film is really uneasy.
>>
>>93195206
I had the same reaction when I rediscovered that scene on YouTube many years later.
>>
should i watch madoka?
>>
>>93193436
>Why were their programmers so ballsy at such a dark time in company history?
They had nothing to lose at that point. Disney as a company was on the verge of corporate destruction before Eisner came in.
>>
>>93193436
I always felt really bad for him.
He was a disgusting self destructing louse but all he ever wanted was a waifu so he had a reason to change.
>>
Damn I knew Raggedy Ann and Andy had good animation, but I regret not watching the entire movie.

This makes me wish we get a world based off this movie for Kingdom Hearts.
>>
Only vaguely, but yeah I did see it once when I was a kid.
>>
>>93193436
Not sure if Shinbo knew about Richard Williams, but I'm pretty sure Inu Curry might have. I mean their style is pretty much based off of some ancient European looking stuff that Williams probably was also inspired by.
>>
>>93195325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv46MY7JUio
>>
>>93193436
I really wanna bang Ann's VA.
>>
>>93193436
I love the vague sense of foreboding that permeates this film in spite of its lightheartedness, mostly in the middle section right after they leave the house. The outside world is pretty spooky in how it's just the real world but with a bunch of nonsensical insanity mixed in. Even though it becomes (slightly) more grounded once they get to sea, it still ends in a reality destroying explosion.

Camel's hallucinations about being left behind by a celestial herd and his indelible sense of loneliness are arguably more unnerving than the literal existential horror The Greedy. I wish there was a version of that "Home" song without the character voices, it's very haunting. The music in general is actually really great and listenable.

Also the little girl is A+ daughter material. She melts my heart.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.