[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the biggest mistakes you think comics make? Common or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2302.jpg (33KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2302.jpg
33KB, 216x324px
What are the biggest mistakes you think comics make? Common or otherwise?

Pic related
>>
>>93171549
I think they rush things, repeatedly.
>>
Writers trying to do a "take that" with a character they hate.

Why have Punisher hunt down and try to kill children just so you can get in some dumb gotcha? Why not just.... write characters you like?
>>
Drawing out the story for trade purposes instead of getting to the damn point right away. Not every book will succeed in that way just because it worked for Hawkeye so don't assume your book will last that long
>>
>>93171788
Hawkeye was also very self contained early on allowing it to have long story arc anyway.

I would say right now the biggest mistake people is minority character=more interesting character automatically. If you don't put in the work to make them interesting or give them unique traits they often fail before they have a chance.
>>
Recently atleast they try to mix in too much slice of life with story arc or action issues

pick and fucking choose one or the other, because when you try to capture every fucking thing that comes to mind in a single issue the whole issue goes to shit
>>
Beat Panels/wasted page space.

It's what ruined Champions for me.
>>
>>93171549
I cant stand being pandered too. I fucking hate it. This isnt even some kind of thinly veiled political commentary or something, i just absolutely hate it in any form whatsoever.

At the very least treat me like
I have a brain in my skull and at least TRY to make it not so obvious?
>>
>>93171549
>Shitting on a well established character because you personally don't like them.
>Basing an entire storyline on an "everything will change" shock value moment that you know will not last.
>Reusing the same arch nemesis too many times in a short period of time, completely oversaturating the character.
>Refitting well established characters to fit your narrative in a way to flatter your OC.
>Playing the "OC is super duper special and important" card in the middle of a well established property.

Fun Fact: Dan Slott has done all of those.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.