[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to read some sonic comics but like many people,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

File: Sonic_universe_Issue_50_cover.png (201KB, 258x387px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_universe_Issue_50_cover.png
201KB, 258x387px
I'm looking to read some sonic comics but like many people, I don't know where to start. Are there any storylines or specific titles that only focus on characters from the games? No bunnie rabot or sally, just game characters.
>>
File: 1497288084241.jpg (55KB, 545x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497288084241.jpg
55KB, 545x640px
>>93164614
>pic unrelated

Now that's a tricky one... Safe to say that Post-Genesis Wave (Issue 252 onwards) is your best bet if you don't want to go through rushed bullshit. Endgame is good and there are some good earlier comics, but you'd be best off with being a little confused than wanting to stick a nail into your eye.
>>
>>93164614
You start around the third trimester, where a malfunction in brain development leads to autism.
>>
File: 1465632497822.jpg (212KB, 900x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1465632497822.jpg
212KB, 900x1388px
>>93164614
Read the two Mega Drive issues.
>>
File: 08.jpg (3MB, 3972x3056px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
3MB, 3972x3056px
Your picture has "Sonic Universe". It's a spin-off series that has 4-issue storyarcs of random side characters. I think "Treasure Team Tango" (Sonic Universe #21-24) is one of the most recommended arcs; it features entirely game characters.

If you're familiar with Mega Man games, you could try the Worlds Collide crossover (avoid Worlds Unite though).
Sonic Boom comic series was pretty goofy and had a lot of meta humor. But it had different interpretations of the characters than what you may be used to, and it also has some OCs (most notably Sticks).
There's a Mega Drive comic that focuses on the first few games.

If you really want to get into these comics instead of just reading a random story here or there, you're gonna have to deal with the OCs that originate from cartoons, comics or some obscure game trivia. It's not too hard, many of these characters end up getting fairly good characterization. The difficult part is that the comic's been plagued by unfortunate circumstances (Penders lawsuit, some editorial decisions, Archie incompetence) that interfere with the writing and abort storyarcs. A lot of people got emotionally invested in a few OCs whose characters and subplots had to be very awkwardly written out of the comic due to legal reasons.

Usually I've seen anons recommending people to read from StH #1 until they get sick of the comic, and then jump to StH #160 where the current writer joins and cleans up the mess. Another option is StH #252 where the comic was forced to drop all of its subplots and do a reboot. But if you choose either of those, there is no way you can avoid seeing the OCs.
>>
File: STC80-SuperSonic.jpg (42KB, 441x393px) Image search: [Google]
STC80-SuperSonic.jpg
42KB, 441x393px
>>93164614
A while back someone posted a link to every Fleetway Sonic Comic scan but I didn't save the link. Maybe they're around.
>>
>>93165872
Holy Liefeld, what's wrong with his body?
>>
File: 183-04.jpg (319KB, 910x1245px) Image search: [Google]
183-04.jpg
319KB, 910x1245px
>meep meep best game adaptations coming through
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.