[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This film was the most true to the source material, was a critical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 29

File: 338[1].jpg (6KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
338[1].jpg
6KB, 350x300px
This film was the most true to the source material, was a critical and financial success, and is loved even by comics fans who hate Tim Burton.

Why doesn't /co/ like this movie?
>>
>>93156483
>true to the source material
>kills people no problem
>Joker killed his parents
>Catwoman isn't Catwoman
>Penguin is a mutated freak who lives with penguins
>>
>>93156483
In what universe is it true to the source material? Don't get me wrong, I like this movie, but it's way more of adaptation of 60s' series than comics.
>>
/co/ has no film criticism ability. They watch Wonder Woman or Guardians 2 and think it's a 9/10 movie
>>
It's slow-paced and boring. Tim Burton couldn't direct an action scene if his life was on the line.
>>
>>93156508
>>Catwoman isn't Catwoman
>>Penguin is a mutated freak who lives with penguins
but they're both scary crazy effective supervillains that work in context
>>
>>93156552
But they're not at all true to the source material like the op claims.
>>
>>93156508
>kills people no problem

Sooo....He's true to the source material?
>>
>>93156508
>>93156514
>>93156562
/co/ck suckers that are casual fans of comics, and disregard the original run of Batman written by Bob Kane where he snapped peoples necks, threw them off tall buildings, throw them into swords, and even fucking shot people with guns.
>>
>>93156562
oh right
welp, OP is dumb but it's a good movie
>>
File: rope1[1].jpg (62KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
rope1[1].jpg
62KB, 500x421px
>>93156629
>>
>>93156615
Don't you have a DCEU General you should be posting in?
>>
>>93156552
>>93156562
That's the sequel, not Batman 1989.

Also, Joe Chill has to be one of the dumbest Batman storylines to have come out of the Bronze age.
>>
>>93156520
Nobody on this earth would call Guardians 9/10.
>>
File: Redknapp.gif (704KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Redknapp.gif
704KB, 500x375px
>>93156483
Just like with the Raimi movies, pure unadulterated /co/ntrarianism

These people will rather cling on a superficial checklist of "comic-accurate" points instead of a coherent narrative, whatever the take is

The TASM movies tried to turn the thing into Batman Begins material, but because Spidey has webshooters all is forgiven and the movie gets reinterpreted as the most faithful ever. BvS only needed a couple of recreated panels from TDKR and suddenly it's the best adaptation since whatever, Nolan and Burton be damned

Idiots anonymous or famous like Kevin Smith spreading rumors that directors like Burton or Raimi secretly hated comics don't help.

Where the heck is that pic of the anon hugging rotten movies when i need it
>>
>>93157377
/co/ hates Raimi? What the fuck?
>>
>>93157440
You have no idea. They bitch that all the characters are a total betrayal of the originals because for example Peter is a passive loser instead of one that would murder Flash if he had the chance, and that he should be a confident alpha when talking to MJ and stuff
>>
>>93156483
/co/ doesn't like this movie? News to me.
>>
>>93156483
>why doesn't /co/ like this thing
>I've never seen many people overly upset about said thing
It's like OP has no idea how to start a normal discussion.
>>
>>93157476
>and that he should be a confident alpha when talking to MJ and stuff

Isn't he a complete loser in the comics?
>>
>>93157567
It's true that in the comics he was more resentful than "whiny" as these people call Raimi's, but my point is that they focus on these meaningless details, they make mountains out of molehills and call the movies as unfaithful as they could. Passive loser, resentful loser - still a loser, it's not a drastic departure, and movies have a limited runtime so Peter's loser status has to be conveyed more quickly and efficiently
>>
>>93157377
>>93157440
>>93157476

I love Batman 89, and absolutely hate Raimi's Spider-Man. Burton's Batman, at least the original one, the second one I have issues with, was corny but it had the right level of being corny and actually fitting with the era it came out in. Raimi's Spider-Man was trying to capture a generic "old school comic vibe" that was generic, and not an "old school Spider-Man comic" vibe, it was just generic, maudlin bullshit that casuals praise for being campy, without realizing it was campy in a generic way rather than a Spider-Man way

Spider-Man is my favorite comic character of all time, and I like Batman but really don't care about DC comics much at all, just isn't what I grew up with. Take that as you will.
>>
>>93156483
>why does this board hate ___________
>guaranteed replies
Every. Single. Time. No. Freaking. Exceptions.
>>
>>93157440
>>93157377
It's mostly the same autist who's either trolling or a genuine retard.
You can recognize him by every praise of Raimi's Spider-Man being met with "you just don't read comics"
>>
I just hate Tim Burton, simple as that. I hate his unbelievably dull "gothic" style that he tries to shoehorn into every movie,
The only things by him that I liked were Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands.
>>
File: batman v superman.jpg (144KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
batman v superman.jpg
144KB, 1280x721px
>>93156508
>>kills people no problem

Yeah lets not cast stones, cuck.
>>
>>93158086
I think you have it the other way around, pretty sure it's just one Raimi fag who keeps spamming the board with unfunny memes and insisting Spider-Man 2 specifically is the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME

You can tell because they always say THE TRAIN SCENE
>>
>>93158185
Yeah, because Raimi fans are such a minority, obviously only one guy could be talking about them
>>
>>93158185
>he's that delusional
>>
>>93156615
>From 1939 to 1940 is the only canon
>>
>>93158228
Yeah because people who dislike Raimi's movies are such a minority,obviously only one guy could be talking about them.
>>93158238
Look, I'll level with you faggots assuming you're not the samefag (which you are), I often shit on Raimi movies and I see other people who feel the same way all the time

It is just a common fact that most people who think Raimi's movies are the GOAT COMIC MOVIES HURRR, usually are not big Spider-Man fans otherwise, half the time they admit it and think Spider-Man sucks outside of Raimi's shit
>>
>>93156615
Oh fuck off with your condisending bullshit. Bob Kane is a fucking hack and you know it, his orignal run is a straight up Shadow ripoff. It was Bill Finger who create the real Batman and make him unique.
>>
>>93158275
Nice story, brah

And yes, TASM fans/Raimi haters are the minority just look... anywhere really, SM1 and 2 are widely considered masterpieces of the genre and no amount of shitposting will turn them into the comics-disregarding tragedy you keep painting them as
>>
>>93158275
Yep, he is just that delusional.
You can stop pretending that you're not samefagging, you're always recognizable.

>>93158299
Wait a sec, let me predict it.
He'll be saying how only "casuals" can like those and everyone who reads comics all believe that Raimi's movies are shit beyond redemption.
>>
>>93158299
Plenty of people know Raimi's trilogy is overrated trash, sorry. People on this board think Batman and Robin was good too, doesn't mean it was to anybody with taste.

Furthermore
>masterpieces of the genre
KEK, maybe if you're like 19 years old or younger, any of us who are actual adults had way better comic book movies all through childhood, fuck off nostalgiafag
>>
>>93158519
>muh anecdotes
>false equivalences
>n-nostalgiafag
>I-I'm totally older than you
Just end your life at this point. All you're ever doing is being an autistic pain in the ass and bringing cancerous contrarian shitposting.
>>
File: 1496214688198.jpg (38KB, 268x324px) Image search: [Google]
1496214688198.jpg
38KB, 268x324px
>>93158566
K, Raimi's Spider-Man is still hot garbage that only appeals to people who had it as their only exposure to Spider-Man, not Spider-Man fans at large
>>
>>93156552
No they aren't, the penguin is made too obviously evil for his role in the plot and Catwoman is given the generic batman "thing happened and crazy" backstory.
>>
>>93158588
You realize that you're as pathetic as barneyfag at this point, right?
Actually, I take that back. Barneyfag is at least entertaining. You're just annoying.
>>
File: IMG_20170612_124946.jpg (2MB, 3230x2313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170612_124946.jpg
2MB, 3230x2313px
>>93158588
Can you please fuck off with this "no true Scotsman" bullshit?
>>
>>93158667
Really don't get what this is supposed to prove. But thanks for writing me a note, show me your brown asshole.

>>93158622
Barneyfag isn't entertaining, he's a SICKNESS.
Furthermore, you don't know who I am, because like I said, there are plenty of people who do not like Raimi's campy maudlin bullshit.
>>
>>93158667
>Brockfag autist
>backing off
He's been doing this for years. It's always the same song and dance.
>WAHH RAIMI SUCKS WAHH WAHH
>well I disagree and here's why
>WAHH U DON'T READ COMICS WAHH FAKE GEEKS UNDERAGE WAAH
The only reason he's not treated like Barneyfag is because no one cares about him.
By the way, I'll go back to reading Remender's Venom. It's bloody fantastic, way better than nostalgiafag pandering Costa keeps pushing and definitely better than everything Eddie Brock has ever been in.
>>93158691
>he keeps pushing "i-it wasn't me" bullshit
Ok, kid.
>>
>>93158699
>>Brockfag autist
>>backing off
>He's been doing this for years. It's always the same song and dance.
Hahahah, I should have known. For someone who bitches about "samefagging" I sure come across you constantly don't I, Flashfag.

In any case Flash is dead, bury him.
>>
>>93156615
>the original run of Batman written by Bob Kane
Kane estate pls, you've already lost
>>
>>93158740
>samefag
So, you're too dumb to even know the meaning of that word.
The only reason we keep meeting is because you're a legit autist and I just love arguing with autists. No one else gives a fuck about you.

As for Flash, all good things come to an end eventually. I'll take pleasure in knowing that it's the best thing to ever happen to Venom.
>>
>>93156483
My favourite Batman film. But than, I dont read comics.
>>
>>93158788
>So, you're too dumb to even know the meaning of that word.
As are you
>The only reason we keep meeting is because you're a legit autist and I just love arguing with autists.
The only reason we keep meeting is because you're the Spider-Man 2 spammer, in fact you just made the new Spider-Man 2 thread on this board, you're so transparent it's hilarious. You are part of a minority, and you make the majority of the forced meme threads, it's fucking hilarious.
>As for Flash, all good things come to an end eventually. I'll take pleasure in knowing that it's the best thing to ever happen to Venom.
Fair enough if you think that, you're not only a Spider-Man casual, but a Venom casual, kek.
>>
File: Shin Godzilla gun.png (320KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Godzilla gun.png
320KB, 540x540px
>>93156615
>written by Bob Kane
>>
>>93158839
>N-no u
Off yourself, please. No one would ever miss you.
>look at this bogeyman I made up to justify shitting up every thread that does as much as say something positive about Raimi
>liking one of the most popular and critically-acclaimed superhero movies is being a "minority"
Holy shit, that delusion.
>I have no argument, better screech c-casual
You're absolutely embarrassing.
>>
>>93158886
If you want to argue just why Raimi's Spider-Man sucks, I'm more than willing to tell you why it sucks.

But I doubt you could actually come up with a coherent argument, you're just a fanboy who spews ad hominems without ever making a single point, very feminine angry girlfriend esque approach to debating something.
>>
>>93158915
Retard, you can never tell why it sucks. You just throw your shitty opinion and expect everyone to treat it as a fact then insult people who disagree with you, you worthless faggot
I wish cancer upon you and I mean it as unironically as can be. You're an opinionated, absolutely retarded pain in the ass.
>who spews ad hominems without ever making a single point
Hypocrisy sure is fun. No that I'd expect your autistic ass to have any semblance of self-awareness.
>>
>>93158915
You never make any argument other than "the movie didn't copy the comics the way i perceive it specifically should, so it's crap", there's nothing to refute
>>
>>93158939
>Being this angry
Topkek
>>93158955
Oh, is this you too? Or do two people magically recognize who I am based solely on my opinion about certain movies

In any case I'll tell you why Raimi's trilogy sucks.
Peter Parker being nothing like Peter Parker, being a nerd has always been part of his character, he was never the crybaby outdated stereotype presented in the Raimi films.

The movies were too corny, they tried too hard in the dialogue and such to convey a "this is a comic book movie, and comic books are old!" feeling, and it's bullshit, when the movies go camp it's damn near Schumacher Batman level camp and nobody wants that, especially when it doesn't even properly line up with the franchise it's representing, it attempted to portray the generic normie's opinion of what comic books represent rather than actually trying to portray classic Spider-Man comics. Some of the dialogue and acting is downright cringe worthy and nothing less.

The action sucked, hardly any of the action is reminiscent of Spider-Man, the way he swings around may as well be Tarzan, the way he moves may as well be Superman, the way he throws punches may as well be any generic action hero. The Amazing Spider-Man movies, while more flawed as actual movies, were a HUGE step forward in terms of giving us action that accurately represents Spider-Man and how he uses his powers and moves
>>
>>93159051
/co/ is pretty small overall, and you never miss the chance to shit on these movies, so yeah, the circle gets smaller, it's mine again

And in fact you're still spouting the same shit you said in multiple threads
>>
>>93159051
>literally N-NOT MUH
Good thing you wasted all that time saying absolutely nothing of value.
>action sucked
>WAHH WHO CARES THAT THE STAKES FEEL REAL AND PUNCHES HAVE WEIGHT TO THEM HE'S NOT JUMPING AROUND LIKE IN MUH COMICS
>>
Batman 1989 is a lot of fun, but Returns is a masterpiece and proves that you can make something that's both an autuer's singular vision/interpretation of Batman while also being a good movie at the same time.

It's ten times more interesting then Snyder's tired metaphors and symbolism.
>>
>>93159081
Which is dumb because he jumps around constantly. I remember this one scene where Ock had to pull his leg to stop him and shit. The action's great, it's like he lives in bizzarro world
>>
>>93159051

>The Amazing Spider-Man movies, while more flawed as actual movies, were a HUGE step forward in terms of giving us action that accurately represents Spider-Man and how he uses his powers and moves

The action in the ASM movies was awful. It had a couple neat ideas visually, but as actual set-pieces they had zero weight to any of the punches and had the kind of crappy, overly-intricate clockwork bullshit that ruined Peter Jackson's movies since King Kong.
>>
>>93159067
This thread isn't even about these movies, I assure you it's merely coincidental and that I'm not the only one with this opinion
>>93159081
>>WAHH WHO CARES THAT THE STAKES FEEL REAL AND PUNCHES HAVE WEIGHT TO THEM
First of all, the stakes? You must be a child of the MCU generation to assume actually having stakes is something rare for action movies, that was kind of required BACK IN THE DAY, it is not deserving of praise when it should be the standard
Secondly, weight to them? Lol, all the action in Raimi's movies felt like they were floating on thin air

But hey, way to prove you're not a petulant dumbass by responding to nothing I've said while I continue to respond to everything you say
>>
File: ASMANN009_41.jpg (298KB, 1000x1466px) Image search: [Google]
ASMANN009_41.jpg
298KB, 1000x1466px
>>93159116
I don't know what he's talking about to be honest. That final fight with Green Goblin made me wince a couple of times from how brutal it looked.
Nothing in Webb's movies comes close.
>inb4 hurr not lik muh comics
Because Spider-Man never just fought using only fists instead LE WEBBING LE ACROBATCIS, right?
>>
>>93159116
I have to step in here and say the action in ASM was way better, in the original movies it was just kind of generic
>>
>>93159164
Have you ever seen these movies even? They had some of the loudest punch noises i can remember in cinema, the hell they don't have weight
>>
>>93159198
Yeah. I actually make a point to watch them at least once a year, when was the last time you watched them? For me it was about a month ago.
>>
>>93159164
>I-I'm not alone, guys
This is pathetic at this point. Shut the fuck up already.
>to assume actually having stakes is something rare for action movies
Keep being an obtuse moron and putting words in my mouth. I'm sure you won't be /co/'s laughingstock soon enough.

Because Webb's garbage had any weigh-- Oh no, it didn't. At all. Fuck off already.
>petulant dumbass
You must be really quick, because irony always evades you. If you think, "not muh" and "I don't like it so it sucks" is a good argument for anything, you're even dumber than I thought.
>>
>>93159207
Wouldn't know, but i had the DVDs years ago, seen them dozen of times. What can i say, I'm baffled by your opinions. You're not the only one obviously, but I'll never understand you guys
>>
>>93159179
>action in ASM was way better
Where?
"le generic" is not an argument nor saying anything about the quality.
>>
>>93156483
Manchildren.

Also it doesn't look like a cheap TV show.
>>
File: Topher_Grace_Venom_unmasked.jpg (32KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Topher_Grace_Venom_unmasked.jpg
32KB, 800x450px
>>93159221
>not a single argument to be made, just insults
You're a girl or a child, not worth talking to anymore.
>>93159225
I watch the Raimi movies all the time, keep in mind I was a kid when they came out and loved them...I still have action figures and boxer shorts from those days, it doesn't matter to me. I still watch them and my opinion has changed because quite frankly I think they suck, what's funny is everybody talks about how bad 3 sucks, when everything that sucked about it was present in the other two movies as well.
>>
>>93159295
>not a single argument to be made, just insults
What did I say about irony and lack of self-awareness?
> everything that sucked about it was present in the other two movies as well.
Except that's wrong you complete and utter retard. 3 sucked because it crammed too much shit (like your shitty favorite character which I'm glad got butchered) and never had the chance to develop it properly unlike the first two movies.
>>
File: eddiethesmug.jpg (106KB, 844x451px) Image search: [Google]
eddiethesmug.jpg
106KB, 844x451px
>>93159336
You're cute, I bet I could fuck your pussy or boipussy better than that crippled nobody

> 3 sucked because it crammed too much shit
Not really, it did a really good job of managing 3 villains, only two of which needed an introduction and it managed to get the job done. It sucked for entirely different reasons, that I've already listed.
>>
>>93159402
>it did a really good job of managing 3 villains
And now I can completely discard your garbage opinions.
>reasons, that I've already listed
You mean, your shitty subjective opinions? Good job.
>>
>>93159482
The whole "more than one villain = bad moveeeee" thing is an opinion held by casuals only. Bet you've never seen Batman Returns.
>>
>>93158276
Learn english.
>>
>>93159504
The problem with 3 is that Venom is introduced and killed in the blink of an eye, and that the conflict with Harry was resolved too quickly

I too agree it's not as bad as people say, but it could've been done better
>>
>>93159504
I understand that you're a complete fucking imbecile and it's easier for you to put words into someone's mouth and act all high and mighty rather than comprehend what was said, but shut up if you can't say anything of value.
>>
>>93159604
Show nudes or gtfo
>>
>>93159626
>I'M SO FUNNY XD
Kill yourself?
>>
>>93156615
This is always such a bullshit excuse.

Go ahead, name one movie that's actually based on this original version of Batman. None of them are, every single one of them is based on one of the many modern continuities where he has a clear no-kill rule.

You can argue whether or not sticking to the source material is important, but if you try to claim that any of these movies are based on the original Bob Kane version where he did kill people, you're flat out bullshitting.
>>
>>93156483
I don't know, that's my favorte catwoman cause she was interesting.
>>
>>93156615
that's true, old batman killed a lot of people
>>
>>93158588
YOu can keep saying that, it's still wrong.
>>
It's the only Burton movie I like, probably because executives toned down all his autism
>>
>>93157440
I don't hate Raimi Spiderman, I do think they are over rated and I think a lot of people let some stupid shit pass off as LOL CHEESY and Toby McGuire wasn't as good as Garfield. But I can also appreciate the good the movies had going for them which people focus on too much. The three Raimi films are all 6/10
>>
File: 1467872538099.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1467872538099.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>93159051
i don't think i've ever seen a shittier opinion in my life. this whole post, god damn
>>
>>93156483
>Batman Returns
If you meant Batman 89 then maybe.
But Batman Returns was explicitly not meant to be faithful to the source material at all, it was entirely a Tim Burton movie starring Batman characters that disregarded the source material in favor of artistic reinvention.

>>93159808
I'm not him, but Burton's first Batman movie actually was based on the original version of Batman. He was given explicit orders by the studio executives to make it so because he only knew Batman through the TV show when he signed on to do it, and they wanted to make Batman a dark character again so he could leave the days of camp and the accusations of homosexual undertones behind (this is also why Robin was removed from the movie and why Batman was given a romantic subplot).
Read up on this if you don't believe me
http://www.batman-online.com/content/benjaminrobinsonthesis.pdf
>>
File: 1421.png (1MB, 1852x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421.png
1MB, 1852x1080px
>Wonder Woman, Guardians of the Galaxy are the best films evah!
>Batman 89 and Sam Raimi Spider-Man are sooooo boooring
Let it never be said that /co/ is not populated by underage posters
>>
>>93156483
But I love Batman Returns.

Watch it every Christmas.
>>
>>93160170
Batman 89 is a garbage movie that people only like for nostalgia reasons.
>>
>>93160170
As someone who's seen 89 more time than I've seen every other capefilm combined, it's honestly very mediocre and flawed. And Returns is trash.

Spider-Man 2 still holds up.
>>
>>93158276
The 'Case of the Chemical Syndicate' is a shadow rip off, but that's about it other then some art tracing.
>>
>>93157377
BvS is brilliant anon, but '89 and Returns are far better films, i don't think anybody will try an refute that
>>
File: 1483314291302.jpg (167KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1483314291302.jpg
167KB, 1024x576px
>>93156483
Batman 89 was a mediocre mess of a movie that was only held together by great set design by Anton Furst (which would be outdone by Bo Welch in the sequel), Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. Burton said as much himself that it wasn't all that.

Now Batman Returns, on the other hand, is the much superior film and the unsung masterpiece of the Batman film series, precisely because Tim Burton told WB to go fuck themselves and made the movie he wanted to make. Too bad Burton got kicked off the series for it because WB wanted to sell toys.
>>
>>93159643
>girl/fake nerd
Die
>>93160144
You're correct
>>93160170
Stop trying to ride the coattails of Batman 89 lol, you fucking queer. Raimi's Spider-Man is the same kind of faggotry GOTG is. it is NOWHERE near Batman 89, Wonder Woman is at least in the same hemisphere, that garbage is on another planet you pathetic little PUKE
>>
File: sm4_bc_6_lr.jpg (101KB, 900x422px) Image search: [Google]
sm4_bc_6_lr.jpg
101KB, 900x422px
>>93159537
The biggest problem with 3 really is the lack of focus though. It's not a matter of it being multiple villains.
Sam Raimi said as much multiple times he did not like Venom and had no intention to include him in the movies, but Sony forced him to because Venom is stupidly popular. So he gave him the shittiest arc and conflict possible almost as if out of spite for whoever forced him to include him.

Spider-Man 4 seemed like it would have been much better (we could have finally gotten Bruce Campbell to play a main part as Mysterio) but by this point I think Raimi was just tired and he knew Sony wanted to reboot the whole thing eventually.
>>
File: underwater.jpg (372KB, 740x1252px) Image search: [Google]
underwater.jpg
372KB, 740x1252px
>>93160436
it pains me that people like you exist
>>
>>93160487
Seeing where Sony's gone since makes it almost impossible to take their side. Not that I ever did.
>>
>>93160487
Spider Man 4 was getting even more executive meddling than 3 to the point Raimi said "Fuck this shit, I'm out", Sony had the reboot plans ready in case that happened.
>>
>>93160436
>le fake nerd XDDD
You die first, retarded brockfag. I hope your cancer will be slow and painful.
>>
File: 1457575731071.jpg (125KB, 787x394px) Image search: [Google]
1457575731071.jpg
125KB, 787x394px
>>93160488
It pains me that this board has been flooded by immigrants from /tv/, but it is what it is, idn't it?
>>
>>93160487
Yeah, i know. And it wasn't even just being forced to use Venom, execs also influenced HOW he had to use him. The opening of the movie and introduction of the symbiote was supposed to be a bombastic landing of a space shuttle in NY like in TAS, but Sony wouldn't allow it for budget reasons

But all in all I'm still glad the movie exists, there's enough good stuff to make me ignore the problems
>>
File: 1476991970580.png (3MB, 1167x961px) Image search: [Google]
1476991970580.png
3MB, 1167x961px
>>93160668
>idn't it

i'll bet you thought that was clever, or something

fuck me you are actual dog shit bro, good luck with that autism
>>
>>93160644
You must be 18 to post here
>>
>>93160693
>actually has spider-man 2 memes that nobody ever used saved
>responds with cute animal pics
Nobody cares what you have to say broad
>>
File: 1474097266756.jpg (238KB, 961x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1474097266756.jpg
238KB, 961x1222px
>>93160757
>thinks an image is a meme if it has pictures of faces and writing on it
>can't read facial expressions to comprehend a grimace

yep, you actually do have autism
>>
>>93156552
Penguin and Catwoman are anything but effective in that movie. Catwoman is a psychotic who gets killed several times in it, and Penguin's entire story amounts to failures and him squandering his opportunities to live a respectable life.

It really says something when the sanest and most functional character in the movie (besides Alfred) is the one played by Christopher Walken.
>>
File: 29676 cat.jpg (230KB, 1280x804px) Image search: [Google]
29676 cat.jpg
230KB, 1280x804px
>>93156508
I'll give you that Penguin was a major departure from the comics but not Catwoman. Out of all the characters in the movie, Catwoman was the most faithful to the one in the comics.

Even that scene where the cats surround her body and seemingly bring her back to life that everyone for some reason complains about was copied from Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper, and the idea of her having a "nine lives" thing and being able to survive impossible odds was a thing in the comics too. It was the reason why Bob Kane chose the cat motif in the first place
>Why a cat? "Well a cat has nine lives," Kane emphasizes. "So I figured that whenever she was caught, or wounded, she would survive and live again for another go-round with Batman"
>>
>>93160239

>As someone who's seen...

Good for you. Judging by the tone of your comment, i would say you saw Batman 89 and Batman Returns much later if not decades after their original release.

See, anyone who calls these movies boring or garbage has no idea of what it was like to actually see these films in a time when all anyone knew about Batman was from the 1960's show.

Batman 89 revolutionized the genre, and was groundbreaking in presenting Batman as something other than cheerful chum in spandex.

Christopher Nolan's entire trilogy stands upon the shoulders of what Tim Burton did in 1989.
>>
Batman '89 and especially Batman Returns are my favorite Batman movies by far.
>>
File: Money1.jpg (136KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Money1.jpg
136KB, 600x300px
>>93161096
People really underestimate that last part
>>
>>93161161
>Nicholson survived being the Joker
>Ledger didn't

I guess it's because Jack's always been a nut?
>>
>>93156595
Why the fuck do casuals like you care so much about a handful of The Shadow rip-off stories from 1939? You know you don't actually read comics. Just say "I think he should kill because it's much more badasser."
>>
File: ledger bale.jpg (256KB, 972x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ledger bale.jpg
256KB, 972x1200px
>>93161191
Most people who play the Joker end up fine. Hamill did it for decades and he's looking better than ever.
The whole "playing the Joker maykes you CRAAAYZEEE" thing is an overblown meme that Jared Leto was just trying to cash in.
Ledger already had a medical history prior to taking the role. His preparation for it only made things worse. But he was perfectly well-adjusted on set.
>>
>>93156483
What? I love this movie
>>
>>93160709
Oh, the irony
>>
>>93156483
I actually think it works well based on the era it was made.

Late 80's things were transitioning from the wacky silver age to the super gritty guns and grimdark Morrison era 90's. While also going by Dark Knight Returns which came out shortly before they started making this thing.

It meshes things like all the weird and gimmicky little Bat-gadgets that are there for absolutely every occasion. A Batmobile that has more gadgets stuffed into it than car parts. Joker with gag themed gizmos for absolutely any occasion and an over the top plan to poison the whole city with huge grandstanding events and balloons.

So yea, of course the Batmobile is covered from top to bottom with machine guns and grenades. Batman is shadowy and grim at all times, and has no issues with murderizing all the Joker minions he comes across. While joker still has the 60's era themed cars and thugs with clown masks and gear on them.

It does sort of match late 80's era super dark, angst filled storylines. And Joker's plot almost perfectly matches something he would have done in the time period.
>>
File: 323262.png (146KB, 459x302px) Image search: [Google]
323262.png
146KB, 459x302px
>>93158181
There is a huge fucking difference between murdering people on the street en masse and branding them so shit may or may not happen in prison..
>>
>>93159537
Honestly I think a lot of the problems that make 3 just hard to watch come from the whole Harry conflict.

If they just removed that completely and made Harry another background face like in the second it might have been salvageable. But the while evil snowboarder, then loses memory soap opera style, then best friend, then scarred evil guy with angst makes it just a fucking cringe fest to sit through.

Just take that shit out, and cut the weird off-putting dance scene and you might have a movie that is okay-ish to sit through. Venom is far from perfect but I suppose he makes an alright B villain that comes and goes while the main plot is happening.
>>
>>93160102
Same, Returns seemed to have more gore and weird shit in it for no other reason than to have gore and weird shit in it.
>>
>>93157440
>>93157377
To be fair, the whole "Human Holocaust" scene and Uncle Ben's membership in the American Nazi Party were Raimi's inventions. I could see how it could ruffle some feathers.
>>
File: 1431400538262.jpg (49KB, 509x350px) Image search: [Google]
1431400538262.jpg
49KB, 509x350px
>>93160795
>she thinks a lizard can actually make a grimace
Yep, she's a dumb broad
>>
File: IMG_0353.jpg (64KB, 349x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.jpg
64KB, 349x416px
>>93161807
Batman mowed down henchmen with his plane, dude

But that's the thing, Burton's Batman is consistent in his killing. He wants to kill the Joker just like how he occasionally kills the muscles, and the scenes about the latter are treated with humour, not grittiness.

Batfleck on the other hand is confusing and frustrating, as during the whole movie he plans to kill a hero and faceless mooks but then for some reason half his rogues gallery is alive and well despite we knowing for a fact Joker and HQ killed Robin and, supposedly, that's one of the events that drove him over the edge in the first place. And speaking of Robin, for some reason he was equipped with a damn halberd, which IS a lethal weapon. And for some reason Aldred bitches about the branding but not about that or the machine guns. Also Snyder said his Batman kills because TDKR's Batman kills, which shows hee either a liar or very, very ignorant of the source material

Jesus Christ, I'm talking about BvS again
>>
>>93162227
It was too deep for you.
Go back to your marvel threads you fucking pleb.
>>
>>93162227
it's called killing those who deserve it
>>
File: Catwoman (1989) 001-002.jpg (1MB, 1970x3028px) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman (1989) 001-002.jpg
1MB, 1970x3028px
>>93160924
>Even that scene where the cats surround her body and seemingly bring her back to life that everyone for some reason complains about was copied from Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper
Eh, it was a single cat there, and she was suffering from a beating, not a multi-story fall... I think that's the part that bugs people - people find it harder to buy her surviving a fifty story fall, even with her hitting every awning on the way down and landing in a snow drift, so they assume the cats magically licked her back to life, which is supported by the "9 lives" thing... it's handled just vaguely enough I don't personally think it's real mysticism, but I can definitely see why so many people think it was.

Even the WB executives seemed confused by it enough to run with "magical undead cat people" for their shitty Halle Berry vehicle.

But if you only take one point from my reply, just know this: never trust anything Bob Kane ever said, especially when it comes to creating anything Batman-related.
>>
File: IMG_0909.png (148KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0909.png
148KB, 640x360px
>It's better than The Dark Knight cause it's not as wordy

I don't hate Batman 89, but I wanna punch Doug in the face for that shit opinion.
>>
>>93162568
A lot of people seem to dislike Nolan's wordy scripts, because the dialogue isn't naturalistic, but fuck that, I like when characters say shit that sounds like it deserves to be carved on their tombstone.
>>
>>93159808
You could claim that every Batman movie is based on the originals because in every single one he kills.
>>
>>93156773
But BvS was the first movie to explicitly say Batman's casual movie killing is bad though, if anything its the LEAST like the 1939 comics in that regard.
>>
>>93157377
>he thinks people like BvS because it recreates TDKR panels

kek, look at this casual. Part of what I love about BvS is that it intentionally goes against TDKR and uses the few panels it re-creates as a way of telling you that (because every panel it re-creates has an almost 100% opposite meaning in BvS than it did in TDKR). TDKR deconstructed Batman, BvS reconstructs him.
>>
>>93162227
>>93158181
holy shit you guys are dumb. Batman literally starts killing in that scene where he gets the kryponite. Then Alfred threatens to leave him over it and the movie hammers it away that Batman killing is a BAD BAD thing, while Burton and everyother director makes Batman killing a good thing.

Batman had a full arc where he goes back to not killing after maybe 2 scenes of man slaughter.
>>
>>93161191
Fun Fact: Jack's Joker killed more people than Ledger's Joker but no one ever notices.
>>
>>93162227
>he doesnt realize Batman started and stopped killing in BvS

Jesus christ, at least pay attention to the most basic plot points you piece of trash.
>>
>>93162227
>Also Snyder said his Batman kills because TDKR's Batman kills

No, he didnt say that was WHY he killed, he just used it as a shitty and incorrect comparison. He kills because thats his character arc as written by Goyer and Terrio. Snyder didnt write the movie.
>>
>>93162186
>it is still shitposting
Holy fuck.
>>
>>93162568
He's right, though.
Nolan's dialogues are obnoxiously wooden and make everything unintentionally cheesy.
>>
>>93162708
>But BvS was the first movie to explicitly say Batman's casual movie killing is bad though
Eh, they all raise the point even if just a little.

Batman '89 somewhat obliquely references this I feel when Vicki says "Some say you're just as dangerous as the Joker.", but the fact that the city embraces their "savior" in the end after he blew up Axis Chemicals shows a lack of self-awareness.

Batman Returns has some of the more memorable/grotesque kills of movieBatman's career, but also has argue with Selina that killing is bad wrong. Badong.

Batman Forever's script actually addressed this - Two-Face originally responds to Batman telling him he needs help with "You mean like how you helped Joker or Cobblepot? You're a killer, like us!" These words echo through Batman's mind for the rest of the script, someone on TV argues with Nicole Kidman about Batman ala TDKR and cites all his murdering, it's what incites Batman's decision to quit and to discourage Dick from pursuing revenge. They even left in the bit where he tells Dick about how hollow he found his revenge to be.

Batman & Robin is the only one to outright stick to Batman's rule, where he says "Anyone can take a life, but to give life, that's true power."

If you squint hard enough, you can sorta see an arc for 90s Movie Batman, where he kills his white whale only to realize he still feels empty, driving Vicki away as he spirals deeper down into his obsession, till he's sitting around in the dark just waiting for the signal to go get his clown-killing jollies by murdering the shit out of the Red Triangle gang.

Then, watching Selina Kyle destroy herself and their chance at happiness together in pursuit of revenge causes him to reevaluate his mission. Then he decides in the end of Forever that he can still be Batman, not out of a sense of vengeance or obligation, but simply because he wants to save people, leading into the more hopeful, on-keel Batman of B&R.
>>
>>93162966
>he likes Raimi's trilogy
>he likes Flash Thompson

You know, you're always the one to bring up this fight. I personally don't care how bad your taste is and am happy to accept the fact that some people have bad taste, but you are always the one who brings up the fact that you even recognize me and for some reason want to keep arguing about stupid things

So, I will just ask you, what the fuck do you even want? Just attention? I thought the Eddie Brock hate would end when the anon provided the storytimes to educate younger readers
>>
>>93163234
You're the last person to talk about bad taste, you worthless waste of flesh.
Oh, and I'm not the only one to argue with you ITT. Your garbage posts are just recognizable and extremely annoying. Maybe if you weren't a worthless autistic sack of shit filling every thread with the same kind of verbal diarrhea for fucking years, no one would recognize you.
>So, I will just ask you, what the fuck do you even want? Just attention?
Oh, that lack of self-awareness. The only attention-seeking faggot here is you, shitting on things people and chimping out like a fucking bitch when they disagree with you.
What I want is for you to slit your own throat, bleed out so I could never see your autistic shitposting ever again. Shut up already, you embarrassing, manchild-sized cancerous growth. I'm sick of seeing your shit everywhere.
>>
File: br4.jpg (45KB, 567x313px) Image search: [Google]
br4.jpg
45KB, 567x313px
>>93162559
I know Bob Kane was a piece of shit lying scumbag (he probably didn't even create the character) I just brought him up to reinforce my point. Catwoman had lived through these things several times in the comics with repeated mentions of the "nine lives" thing. The movie just ran with it.
And as you said, it's never openly stated that she has actual magical powers. Selina believes she does, but she's catshit crazy. The movie offers a possibility for both scenarios.

>people find it harder to buy her surviving a fifty story fall
What bugs me is that people actually try to criticize this movie for lack of realism, as if it wasn't obvious that this is a comic book fantasy movie full of bizarre and unrealistic events.
You'd think that the movie opening up with a deformed penguin boy being thrown in the sewers and being raised by penguins, and with "A Tim Burton movie" spelled out, would have made it pretty fucking clear that this movie is not exactly supposed to make sense.
>>
File: biskitslaughatyou.gif (690KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
biskitslaughatyou.gif
690KB, 500x371px
>>93163368
>this entire post
HAAHAHAHAH
>>
>>93163777
Does she tho? She makes 9 lives jokes but i don't think she ever meant it
>>
>>93161232
Please repost this response again in future threads, I get tired of the people pointing to the 1939 comics as their defense when it's obvious they don't understand storytelling.
>>
>>93162783
And when Jack's Joker did it, it was funny
>>
>>93163025
>Batman '89 somewhat obliquely references this I feel when Vicki says "Some say you're just as dangerous as the Joker.",
She tells him he is psychotic like the joker
>>
>>93156615
You mean before he had any distinguishing characteristics whatsoever and was just a generic pulp hero?
>>
>>93160428
I enjoy Batman 89 more because Batman Returns is fucking gross.
>3 villains in 1 superhero film
>good
>>
>>93164103
I like to think this movie established how cramming a shitload of villains into a movie makes it worse, not better.

The other two just helped prove that.

Meanwhile the first Raimi movie was supposed to have Dr Octopus in it as well but he dropped it claiming he did not want to turn the series into Batman. Too bad that is what happened in the 3rd doing exactly this.
>>
>>93163851
In the finale, she rants about how Batman, Penguin and Shreck killed her and asks Max if he has enough bullets to finish her off.
This could be perceived as a joke from her but given how this is the finale and she has gone batshit I think this is intended as a reflection of her poor mental state. The movie deals heavily with the double identities of these characters and in the finale all three of them have them merge together in some way.
Batman takes off his mask to appeal to Catwoman as Bruce Wayne, and he leaves in solemn burden, having failed to save her.
Catwoman takes off her mask and kills Max as Selina in her catsuit, abandoning the promises of a lifetime with her prince behind.
And Penguin, the genuine freak who was never wearing a mask in the first place, dies in the sewer he was raised in, in the clothes he was discarded in as baby Oswald Cobblepot;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lalexosgwUk
>>
>>93164318
Goddamn i love this movie
>>
>>93156696
>posting the same fucking image that everyone who makes this point posts
>When in context Batman had no choice, the guy was infected by a incurable beserk potion

/co/
Don't
Read
Comics
>>
>>93163840
>it is still shitposting and trying to pretend to have any high ground
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.