[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was Bluto's problem? Popey and Olive Oyl are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

What the fuck was Bluto's problem? Popey and Olive Oyl are two of the least attractive human beings on the planet, while Bluto is what peak performance looks like. He had no reason to mess with Popeye or try so hard to get Olive Oyl, he could have succeeded doing literally anything else.
>>
File: 1451303266320.gif (172KB, 750x514px) Image search: [Google]
1451303266320.gif
172KB, 750x514px
>>93149605
Bluot is completely self-aware about Olive.
>>
File: 1466918552592.jpg (174KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466918552592.jpg
174KB, 427x640px
>>
>>93149605

Maybe Olive is what counts as attractive in their universe, or maybe Bluto does it just to spite Popeye.

>>93149701

Rekt.
>>
>>93149605
Hes a stereotypical sailor alpha male thats why hes such a jerk.
>>
>>93149701
After all his fights with Popeye, Bluto's most savage moment ironically doesn't feature Popeye at all.
>>
>>93149701
Goddamn that's brutal
>>
>>93149701
Goddamn, fucking savage
>>
File: Bluto-Brutus.png (67KB, 317x250px) Image search: [Google]
Bluto-Brutus.png
67KB, 317x250px
>>93149605
>>93149701

Gonna sperg a bit here, but isn't that Brutus?
I recall Brutus being the fat heavy; Bluto as the buff heavy.

Or have they always been the same character?
>>
>>93151939
>After the theatrical Popeye cartoon series ceased production in 1957, Bluto's name was changed to Brutus because it was incorrectly believed that Paramount Pictures, distributors of the Fleischer Studios (later Famous Studios) cartoons, owned the rights to the name "Bluto". King Features actually owned the name, as Bluto had been originally created for the comic strip. Due to a lack of thorough research, they failed to realize this and reinvented him as Brutus to avoid supposed copyright problems.[3]

hahaha what the hell
>>
He just wants what he doesn't have.
>>
>>93152052
This was enlightening.

And what a bunch of pantie twisters.
>>
>>93149605
That's the entire joke, they are sailors, its that or the cabin boy.
>>
>>93149605

Wait, are you saying that he's....he's....a BULLY?

Oh sweet Christmas my world is fucking shattered.
>>
>>93149701
TOP FUCKING KEK

WTF I love Bluto now.
>>
>>93149605
Because he is a bit of a masochists and deep down enjoys his beatings
>>
>>93152052
Life used to suck before the internet. Researching was such a pain.
>>
Well in the earliest Fleischer Studios shorts, Bluto was usually just up against Popeye for whatever reason. They had a bone to pick with each other, he was a pirate/bandit/criminal who made the mistake of trying to cross Popeye, Popeye was trying to stop him from doing wrong etc. One time, BOTH Olive and Popeye tried to stop him from beating a horse with a whip. Sure there were plenty of times when he just kidnapped Olive or made advances on her but she was also at times merely collateral. (Hell, in the Ali Baba color short, he totally kidnapped her ass just so he could have someone do the laundry for him and his band of 40 thieves.)

Once you get into the Paramount Pictures era of Popeye cartoons, things became much more cut and dry and, frankly, alot more boring. Bluto was just always after Olive because that was the common association. Adaptation decay, essentially; the Fleischer studios had a handful of basic plots/conflicts but they always got creative with the hows and the whys. Meanwhile the Paramount shorts introduced the fucking Nephew rip-offs unapologetically.
>>
>>93149701
brutal

also, can't help but notice she didn't mention she was dating Popey
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.