[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I don't get it, what's so funny?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Melvin_captain_underpants_movie.png (346KB, 465x759px) Image search: [Google]
Melvin_captain_underpants_movie.png
346KB, 465x759px
>"I don't get it, what's so funny?"

This is /co/.
>>
How was the movie?
Want to see it because I read the shit out the series as a kid, but I didn't particularly like the "adult voices in kids" and even the "changed funny sign doesn't use the same letters as the original line". That might sound anal, but it's a key part of the joke.
>>
File: 1490006237622.png (17KB, 256x253px) Image search: [Google]
1490006237622.png
17KB, 256x253px
>>93134519
>changed funny sign doesn't use the same letters as the original line
Are you serious?
>>
>>93134519
The voices are easy to get over, if you liked the books you will like the film, if you like funny animation you will REALLY like the film.
>>
>>93134586
The joke is what can be made from the original letters. If that's thrown out the window, it loses a lot of its comedy.

>>93134595
Sweet. Thanks.
>>
>>93134619
No I get why you're upset, I'm just shocked to hear they fucked that up.
>>
>>93134673
Oh, I thought you were upset with me, not that.
Yep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2uVlyO6Tjc
"Sewage Plant Field Trips are Today"
"Come See My Hairy Armpits"

Right away, no C for Come (could have flipped an n counterclockwise, but they're all caps) You can flip one W for an M, but no other way to make the M in Armpits.
There are other problems, but once you find one problem, it's all ruined.
>>
>>93134821
Hey I didnt know Giant Realistic Flying Tiger cameoed in this!
>>
>>93134821
Holy shit.
I just now realized when George and Harold are laughing from the sign, they have each other's laugh. The "Hehehehehehe" is supposed to be Harold (Thomas Middleditch) but his mouth is closed for the beginning of it and the "Haha" which is clearly Kevin Hart, Harold bounces from the laughter, not George.

I don't want to hate this, but everything from this trailer alone is telling me not to see it.
>>
>>93135323
Seem like pretty minor things to not go see a movie for to be honest.
>>
>>93135510
But trailers are all anyone has to go on to go see a movie.

I'll put the sign thing aside because it doesn't necessarily have to be the same letters, but mixing up voices is not a minor detail.

I'll probably see it anyway, but my mind is going to pick up on stuff like that now and it could make the movie less enjoyable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.