[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>was supposed to draw a comic cover this weekend >got some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1496355903051.png (495KB, 953x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1496355903051.png
495KB, 953x1282px
>was supposed to draw a comic cover this weekend
>got some references yesterday
>was supposed to sketch this morning and outline tonight then color and shade tomorrow
>its almost 10pm and I haven't even started a sketch

H-how do comic artists do this?
I'll getting fired
ill never find work

This career was a mistake
>>
>>93126318
As a fellow artist, I know motivation is hard to come by.
But, I will say, search for awful artists that somehow got famous and you will turn your rage into weaponized autism that will make you do the best work you've ever had in your entire career.
>>
>>93126318
>then color and shade tomorrow

Does it actually take an entire day to do coloring and shading for a single cover?
>>
Are you anxious about not making a good enough cover? See it as one in a line of hundreds more covers and pages you'll be doing. Don't worry about it being mediocre. Just do it, finish it, move on to the next. You'll keep improving this way.
>>
D'you have a hard deadline? A lot of artists suffer from bouts of lack of motivation, or can't schedule. Thankfully deadlines imposed by others whip you into shape, unless you want to get fired and rightfully badmouthed in the comics scene/industry

If you don't have the time to colour it, consider hiring a flatter or colourist to do it for you and pay them a portion of the rate you'd get

Also if you don't think you're gonna get it in on time let the appropriate bodies know for fuck's sake. Lack of communication is the worst thing you could do.

I've a cover due next week, so I told my editor I'd have a layout for him to approve by Monday. It'll take me two days max to pencil, ink and do a gray tone wash on it. If I don't have it done by Wednesday I'm fucking over the colourist, graphic designer, marketing and printing people, as well as myself
>>
File: tim sale batman cover.jpg (100KB, 510x768px) Image search: [Google]
tim sale batman cover.jpg
100KB, 510x768px
OP, this is a legitimate cover by a highly acclaimed artist on one of the top-selling currently ongoing comics. There are autists on this very board who love his variants even though they all look as shitty as this and will continue to pump them out month after month. Just do your best, whatever you put out can't be this bad.
>>
>>93127352
Doesn't matter how small, it's a job and a start. Good luck!
>>
>>93127352
>>93127352
Rule violation. Stay in your containment board.
>>
>>93127352
$5? Are you fucking serious? That's fucking beggar money. Even if you're only amateur, you should never work for so little.

Also exposure is never justifiable as payment. It doesn't mean jack shit in the long run.

You sound like might be young, so obviously this might be a big thing for you. But please, for the sake of your own artistic credibility and others, don't take a gig for only five bucks again.
>>
File: 446fb088c9cce9c2d792fb8436583f74.jpg (514KB, 750x1152px) Image search: [Google]
446fb088c9cce9c2d792fb8436583f74.jpg
514KB, 750x1152px
>>93127384
Sale has been phoning it in ever since he gave up drawing sequentials and realized he can just charge hundreds for simple commissions instead. He gets work on his name alone and the legacy he's built with it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.