[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Alan Moore shit's on adults who enjoy capeshit?. That's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: TKJ.png (404KB, 1280x764px) Image search: [Google]
TKJ.png
404KB, 1280x764px
Why Alan Moore shit's on adults who enjoy capeshit?. That's kinda hypocritical coming from the author of The Killing Joke.
>>
Because they cant's apostrophize. Or punctuate?.
>>
Life is either too short to take advice from a chaos wizard or it isn't.
>>
>>93110245

Sorry, i usually check my posts before sending them, but i haven't slept well. Now, could we focus on the argument?.
>>
People tend to change their opinions.
>>
>>93110272
IMO, life is too short NOT to take advice from a chaos wizard.
>>
>>93110285
No?. Close this thread right now dumb /tv/ phoneposter.
>>
he thinks Morrison and Johns are hacks
while others with actual artistic integrity are largely ignored
Moore has written more love letters to capeshit than about any other author besides Busiek

bigger question is why Morrison has a feud with Ware and noncapeshit
>>
He doesn't.

He just thinks it's ironic that these characters designed as entertainment for kids are now pretty much only for adults, because adults have basically wiped as much of the kid-friendly aspect of them out as possible to make themselves feel better for liking them.

Of course this is his opinion when he stopped actually paying attention to the Big Two a long time ago. And he was right at the time, and arguably still is today. Besides a few cartoon tie-ins and other token attempts at making comics for kids, Big Two cape comics are targeted solely at teens and adults. Especially in the 90's there was so much done to explain away or undo all the stuff that was "kiddie" or "unrealistic" in comics.

People always throw stuff like TKJ and Watchmen back in his face but it has nothing to do with what he's saying. Nothing in TKJ is disparaging towards what Batman and the Joker have been since their inception. And Watchmen is about trying to tell serious stories in a shared universe built on simple morality.

tl;dr he's not saying it's wrong to enjoy it, he's saying it's sad that adults refuse(d) to take capes at face value and enjoy them for what they were instead of changing them to convince everyone else that it was OK for adults to like them.
>>
>>93110312
Grant has a feud with the TCJ clique because he's a working class lad, that's not a knock against non-superhero comics, that's not even a knock against comix.
>>
>>93110323
Oh, and also, Moore formed this opinion before the "reconstructionist" movement began to try and undo the "deconstructionist" one that Moore accidentally helped kick off.

Reconstructionism is actually based on Moore's ideas that you CAN tell serious stories with comics the way they are inherently instead of trying to deconstruct them. That's what people like Waid, Morrison, Johns and Busiek are all about.

I think Morrison and Johns fail at doing that as often as they succeed, and I think Moore would probably feel the same, or at least use that as an excuse to call Morrison and Johns objectively shit.
>>
Because Moore is an old man and like most old men his worldview stuck at a specific time. Like Clowes or Chaykin, he's under the impression that superhero comics are an exclusive choice, and that their popularity killed off other kinds of comics. Completely misinterpreting the implications of the CCA, and completely ignoring the rise of Image, webcomics, and the acceptance of "comix" culture in the mainstream.
>>
>>93110370
He's a big narcissist (like most creative types) and has a very infantile one sided grudge against Morrison.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-strange-case-of-grant-morrison-and-alan-moore-as-told-by-grant-morrison/

Moore doesn't have an opinion on Morrison or Johns, Moore feels slighted.
>>
And he regrets making The Killing Joke.
>>
>>93110536
Because they threw a what-if into the continuity.
>>
>>93110220
He probably wouldn't feel so salty if he didn't get his ass screwed in the Watchmen deal.

Or when DC bought the company he had just created a bunch of characters and books for.
>>
>>93110558
Shouldn't have trusted a pre-med chink.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.