[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the DC movies going to show famous events from the comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: crisis_on_infinite_earths_001.jpg (743KB, 1134x880px) Image search: [Google]
crisis_on_infinite_earths_001.jpg
743KB, 1134x880px
Are the DC movies going to show famous events from the comics? If not I don't actually see a point in watching them. I want to see a live action Crisis on Infinite Earths, not the retarded contrived shit Hollywood makes as an excuse to have Batman and Superman fight.
>>
>>93104470
>Are the DC movies going to show famous events from the comics?
They already have.
/thread
>>
>>93104520
Like what?
>>
Crisis worked thematically as a comics- exclusive thing, really. You could have Barry sacrifice himself, but it doesn't have the context of years of history and iconography, and how it symbolizes the Silver Age's closure. A big part of Crisis too was seeing these characters for what could be the last time.

It'd have the same impact as TDKR elements in BvS did to a lesser degree as it probably wouldn't be as poorly directed.
>>
>>93104470
I don't think you could do COIE properly unless you'd already had a large number of movies featuring other earths.

Unless they want to try combining their TV-verses into it. Even then there's still many characters that they haven't used yet. Are those ones just going to show up onscreen for the first time in COIE?
>>
>>93104592
Obviously not right away but after several years and movies having it could work, also bringing in the TV show characters would be great
>>
>>93104581
>as it probably wouldn't be as poorly directed.
What about the TDKR allusions in BvS were poorly done?
>>
>>93104592
There's been enough movies. GL and Catwoman Earths getting destroyed would just be funny. Routh could be SBP. Shit would be great.
>>
>>93104569

>he doesn't know Frank Miller
>>
>>93104746
Except it wasn't like TDKR at all except they fought a bit.
>>
>>93104787
Film is visual. Comics are visual. The fight had TDKR esque visuals.
>>
>>93104746
That wasn't an event. Dark Knight Returns is a non-canon storyline that has far too strong of a grip on the comics industry.
>>
File: 1477439759134.jpg (97KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1477439759134.jpg
97KB, 523x521px
>>93104826
>Dark Knight Returns is a non-canon storyline

So is Batman V Superman
>>
>>93104858
really made me think
>>
>>93104813
You are an idiot if you think BvS was a film DKR because they had one fight scene that was sort of similar
>>
>>93104675
Thematically they didn't quite jive. In TDKR, everybody was past their prime, not just Batman. It wasn't that he was coming out of retirement, it was that he was bringing new hope with him, and bringing back the capes. BvS misses that by seeing it as just "Batman's brutal, and needs to see the light again" when a big part of TDKR was that he WAS that light.
Similarly, the Nuke. Superman taking the blast was much more significant in TDKR because it was a crucial part of showing how he had changed. Here, it's something he would do any day of the week. He's Superman, in his prime. It doesn't have the same impact it did in the comic.

An apt comparison would be when a movie references famous paintings, like Watchmen's The Last Supper, or the Birth of Venus getting posed in a movie. It rarely means anything outside of being there for coolness.
>>
>>93105055
>Here, it's something he would do any day of the week.
I thought the narrative was that DCEU Supes doesn't save people.
Did you guys finally drop that tack?
>>
>>93105055
So you're saying that TDKR shits on Supes while BvS shits on Batman?
>>
>>93105104
Not that anon, but BvS doesn't really shit on Batman. It just throws his usual character out of the picture and makes him a bloodthirsty manic.
>>
>>93104470
>I want to see a live action Crisis on Infinite Earth

I literally cannot think of a harder event to pull off
>>
File: 1040461-superman_reeve.jpg (27KB, 445x363px) Image search: [Google]
1040461-superman_reeve.jpg
27KB, 445x363px
>>93104746

>He doesn't know that it's canon that Superman threw that fight
>>
>>93105104
Outside of that one panel of Bruce decking Clark, it doesn't really shit on him. He has a lot of awesome moments and his return was about as hype as Batman's.
>>
>>93105235
>it doesn't really shit on him.
It makes him a government stooge.
>>
>>93104470

Do you know how difficult a live action version of Crises on Infinite Earths would be?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.