[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently watched this after not having seen it since I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: A_Goofy_Movie_poster.jpg (159KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
A_Goofy_Movie_poster.jpg
159KB, 300x450px
So I recently watched this after not having seen it since I was much younger, and I fell in love it and with anything Goofy. Question is, why do you think they stopped? Their Mickey Mouse stuff nowadays is great, but outside of princess movies, they've never done any more movies involving Mickey or its neighboring properties like Donald or Goofy.
>>
I just think there's not much to do with the characters. We'll see how the new Duck Tales series turns out... It looks like it's at least giving a respectful nod in the direction of the old Scrooge/Donald comics?
>>
>>93095059
>A Goofy Movie has a 53% critic rating and a 70% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes
Normies are poison
>>
>>93095200
Are you saying the movie was bad?
>>
>>93095470
No, the opposite. When a well animated, relatable movie like this gets this low of a reception but movies like Sausage Party get worshiped its kind of sad.
>>
>>93095535
this
great morals and a great story combined with good animation and it still got under the radar
>>
>>93095059
I recently started watching goof troop again for the nostalgia my favorite episode was that one where they open a pizza parlor and still is
>>
>>93095535
Definitely. And of all the 90s Disney movies it's one of the ones people are most nostalgic for. I would say moreso than Pocahontas which was shit and Tarzan and Hercules which were great.
>>
>>93095675
I wish there was an archive of all the episodes I could download. Is the only way to watch it through streaming sites?
>>
>>93095200

Well remember,this movie came out in the 90's before the internet craze blew up.

RT was created in 1998.By the time RT added this movie to their website(3 years after GM was released),maybe many people did not rate it because they moved on to rate the latest things at that time?
>>
>>93095130
I dont like the new artstyle of it too much but it could just be the nostalgia so im not going to complain before its out

but it can still be a great show story wise
>>
>>93095782
I just streamed them but im sure someone has a download
>>
>>93095059
A few years back I had a movie dream, it was this "later on" type of story of Goof Troop. If you remember "Father of the Bride (remake)" or somehow even know about the original, it followed all the same beats.

Story started out with Pistol, Peg and Pete Pete having breakfast (at some Denny's type place). She's in from out of town and she's telling him about her life. Pete is proud and a little wistful and has this internal monolog drowning her out a little. Then, briefly, the kid version of her is in the chair saying "... and we're getting married." Then Pete's eyes get huge and he passes out. Pete comes to and Peg has taken over the conversation "so when do we meet this lucky man?" She's asking, and Pistol says"you already know him. We'll come by later and he'll... You'll talk. He wants to do this the right way." Then Pete's gets a text, looks down and faints again.

>Looks like our kids are getting hitched! a-hyuck

With like a goof emoji and everything. Cameras pans back, a light melody plays, then credits play over scrapbook and wedding plans.

Most of the conflict is between Pete and Pauly Shore (wedding planner), Pete stressing over the costs, not exactly approving of the idea of a Goof-in-law. Petey and Max are the relatable audience-inserts (Petey has wild bachelor party planned, but also has an are where he's dealing with his best friend's relationship dynamics being thrown into disarray). Goofy and Pete provide most of the flashback opportunities.
>>
>>93095059
>>93096479 here,
I think it's just that Disney wants to build up different parts of the brand, so "lesser" properties end up staying on the back burners apart from the regular random appearances (house of mouse for instance, or the Mickey shorts having Donald or goofy as bg characters.)
>>
File: IMG_2125.jpg (95KB, 825x968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2125.jpg
95KB, 825x968px
I'd give a Goof Troop reboot a shot, I'd love to see kid versions of Bobby, Stacey and Roxanne
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.