[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Cartoon Network and Adult Swim be better off if they were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Cartoon-Network-live-stream.jpg (15KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon-Network-live-stream.jpg
15KB, 600x300px
Would Cartoon Network and Adult Swim be better off if they were separated into two channels?
>>
Honestly, It feels like that would ruin the whole "children cartoons to midnight adult cartoons" CN and AS have going, which what makes the channel unique

Although the A&Q page on AS does say that a separation is possible if they ever find the money and right time for it
>>
>>93079809
No, especially [adult swim], who would have to find a way to somehow survive being a daytime and a night time network. Let's be real here, watching [as] originals at 4pm instead of 4am. would ruin the appeal of what makes the block interesting. It would also have to fight other channels for viewership during that time.

CN would just air more of "Your New Favorite Show" and more shitty movies for eight more hours and would be just the same as it always was.
>>
>>93080168
nah CN just fill that late night space with even more KOTH reruns
It's all they do in the primetime slots anymore, where they used to have their hottest original content
>>
>>93080130

Expect I think in recent times AS starts at like fucking 7:00 now I live in Chicago but I just found that kinda strange although it starts with King of Hill so that usually bores kids .

However I do blame AS for the Boston fiasco which inadvertently started the Cartoon Netowrk Dark ages.
>>
>>93080229
>blaming AS for bostons being retarded

Bostons being retarded is why they ended up exploding years later

>>93080227

Likely they'd just rerun the daytime schedule
>>
>>93080261
I think anon is talking about the Boston bomb hoax that caused a CN Executive to be replaced, leading to years of shit cartoons and live action shows on the channel.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic
>>
>>93080130
>Although the A&Q page on AS does say that a separation is possible if they ever find the money and right time for it
honestly I figure Boomerang as a TV channel is probably going to die in the next couple of years(the app version I figure will survive though), and when that happens it's slot will probably be taken over by Adult Swim, and overall I do think it'd be good for both networks, as both would be able to have more diverse lineups, CN could start showing old stuff during the night/early morning hours, and AS could do the same with it's old stuff during daytime hours
>>
>>93080474
I know this is a crazy idea but hear me out. Maybe a 24/7 adult swim would ditch toonami on saturdays and play toonami in the evenings after work (6-8 pm). Uncensored anime and an original property or two every evening doesnt seem like too bad an idea
>>
File: 323262.png (146KB, 459x302px) Image search: [Google]
323262.png
146KB, 459x302px
>>93079809
We do NOT need 12 more hours of Tim and Eric.
>>
Completely ignoring any economic concerns, yes.
>>
>>93080229
>>93080402
>>93080261
>bomb scare over glorified lite brites
my city is so dumb
>>
No, Adult Swim would loose a lot of its appeal and become a less shitty comedy central.
>>
absolutely, morning AS could be like Liquid television era stuff or a "boomerang" like channel but for 90's stuff like What a Cartoon!

Late night Cartoon Network could go to Toonami
>>
fox already exists anon
>>
>>93079809

Only if they don't troll the viewers. That means no griefing the anime fans for starters.
>>
>>93079809
I don't think AS could afford being by themselves. Most of their original shows either look very cheaply made compared to even internet cartoons, or take multiple years to have a new season ready.

Only way I could see AS separating from CN work, is if they make a deal with someone else.
>>
>>93079809
What would Nickelodeon's version of adult swim be like?
>>
>>93080261
>Bostons being retarded is why they ended up exploding years later

Oh shit fucking kek.
>>
Back in the day yes. I missed being able to stay up all night and watch cartoons and Toonami. I always hated Adult Swim as a kid.

Nowadays I hear CN isnt doing so well so we cant separate them.
>>
>>93087197
It's called Nick at Nite. It pioneered the concept of two networmks of completely different demos occupying the same channel. Adult Swim is basically just the hipper 21st century spin on the same concept
>>
>>93087431
The problem is Nick@Nite can barely be considered an adult block since it carries more TV-PG stuff more than actual mature programming. They sometimes even play kids movies at the beginning of their block. Spike or Comedy Central would be Nickelodeon's pitch of Adult Swim.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.