[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are Joss Whedon. Who do you cast as Barbara/Batgirl? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: GmCsO1Pz_1310142136361.jpg (64KB, 524x800px) Image search: [Google]
GmCsO1Pz_1310142136361.jpg
64KB, 524x800px
You are Joss Whedon.

Who do you cast as Barbara/Batgirl?

And the supporting cast?
>>
>>93072906
>You are Joss Whedon.
Fuck.
>>
>>93072906
>Who do you cast as Barbara/Batgirl?
Terry Crews
>>
File: sefveu7ox0yx.jpg (94KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
sefveu7ox0yx.jpg
94KB, 960x960px
>>93072906

Nell Tiger Free
>>
>>93072906
>You are Joss Whedon.

Then I just fucking kill my self.
>>
>>93072942
>>93072965
>>93073101

There's too much autism on /co for this kind of thing...
>>
>>93073142
kek. get mad m8
>>
>>93072906
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson or the science black man.
>>
>>93072906
I dunno, who looks good in a wheelchair and can sell "possibly shady yet heroic info broker"?

>Batgirl
Oh. I foist the project off to someone who prefers Babs as a generic street hero instead of a character who's actually interesting.
>>
>>93072906
First: No Babs, that bitch is boring. Second: Cass all the way.
>>
>>93073516
Babs is more popular m8, And cass story is complicated for a movie.
>>
>>93073596
I know. But I don't give shit about Babs (because she is a boring and annoying little cunt) and i am the director, so those soft dicks at Warner can suck a million cocks m8.
>>
Jane Levy
>>
>>93072942
>I don't want to be a successful content creator
>>
>>93072906
Idris Elba
>>
Id hire Gareth Evans to direct
then Id hire Brianca Bree to be Batgirl
(we already have a Gordon)
then Id give some kinda job to JCVD...maybe um...her mentor? whatever
Cynthia Rothrock also shows up as her teacher.

soundtrack by Kilimanjaro DarkJazz Ensemble
>>
>>93073142
Is that you, Joss?
Where the fuck is my Firefly sequel at?
>>
>>93075419
I'd love to be a successful content creator, I just don't want to be Joss fucking Whedon.
>>
File: E7rtX6j.png (605KB, 573x763px) Image search: [Google]
E7rtX6j.png
605KB, 573x763px
Kat McNamara?
>>
>it's a casting thread
Please, kindly delete your thread and take it to /tv/, we shouldn't care about actors on /co/ unless they are voice actors
>>
>>93072906
If i was Joss Whedon I'd probably hang myself while naked, hand taped to my dick so people would think I was a choke-n-stroke.
>>
>Barbara

god no
>>
>>93072906
>You are Joss Whedon.
prove it
>>
>>93076432

You expected someone else?

As much as i loved Stephanie's run, the other girls are practically irrelevant now. WB and DC have made it abundantly clear that there is only one Batgirl.
Plus Whedon already said he's using the new52 version as the rolemodel for his movie.

Also,

>>93072906

Julia Batelaan.
>>
>>93073596
> complicated.
> She is raised to be a killer and kills. Hates that and leaves. That can be accomplished in just five minutes.

Danny the Dog is basically a Cass film, just Cass is basically Jet Li and Morgan Freeman is Barbara but blind instead of spineless.

I miss Bob Hoskins now.
>>
>>93072906
> James Gunn is out there.
> Loves Batgirl Cassandra Cain
> would kill do do a movie on Cass.
> you can already see the spot on casting of Michael Rooker as David Cain.

Warner Bros. just doesn't love money do they?
>>
>>93073596
So don't reveal the complicated shit. Babs loses her legs saving her from an Earthquake, Cass saves her father from getting shot, Babs takes her in and mentors her to be Batgirl.

She doesn't KNOW why this eighty pound asian girl can rock shit and learn stick fighting so quickly, but Gotham needs as many capes fighting the bad guys as it can get right now, so she's not about to question it.
>>
File: MyrcellaS5Cropped.jpg (2MB, 2780x3280px) Image search: [Google]
MyrcellaS5Cropped.jpg
2MB, 2780x3280px
>>93073516

Cass all the way to chapter 11. That ship sunk a long time ago, dude.

Ironically, those who accused Babs/Batgirl fans of being stuck in the silver age, are now stuck in pre-2009 DC themselves. Talk about a whiny fanbase being put in their place.
>>
>>93076851
>>93076800
>>93076859

Cass is boring. We don't need a film about a martial arts mary sue.
>>
File: jena 1112.jpg (479KB, 1118x1677px) Image search: [Google]
jena 1112.jpg
479KB, 1118x1677px
>>
>>93076916
> chapter 11
Stephanie's fill-in chapter in Detective STILL sold more than an issue of Barbara's.
> Cassandra's also sold more.
> all this unwanted money DC keeps throwing at the sinking ship that is Barbara.

So, in another year Barbara's going to be on her what? Third ongoing? How many creative teams?

She'll literally the Carol of DC.
>>
>>93076986
>martial arts mary sue.
> mary sue.
> does everything right.
> Cass only knows how to fight well.
> Current Barbara Gordon is good at EVERYTHING.
> Current Barbara Gordon is LITERAL MARY SUE.

That word. I don't think you know what it means.
>>
>>93076851

Warner Bros knows which Batgirl makes money, anon, and it isn't your Cassandra. Pretty much nobody who's not reading comics even knows that there ever even was another Batgirl than Commissioner Gordon's daughter... and even if they do, they probably think it's Alfred's niece thanks to Joel Schumacher and Akiva Goldsman.
>>
>>93076990
>that fucking forehead
>>
>>93077022

I think you got your numbers wrong there. Go look up the numbers Barbara made at the start of the new52. The start of the Burnside run, and the start of Rebirth.
>>
There is no way the Nightwing movie is going to happen, right? There has been like zero buzz and the Whedon Batgirl movie has overshadowed it completely. So I bet the move Nightwing to be a supporting character in the Batgirl movie.
>>
>>93077153
Lego Batman is the prequel to Nightwing. Its still being worked on
of course there is no hype...nothing about it has been leaked
>>
>>93077022

Cass didn't sell more than Barbara. Maybe now a year into rebirth, but Barbara Gordon raped Cassandra and Stephanie backwards and sideways with Rebirth.

Not to mention the fact that it isn't 1999 anymore. You can't really compare sales figures from nearly 20 years ago with those of today. The entire comicbook industry deals with lower sales figures than what they sold in the past.
>>
>>93077206
I meant in comparison to Batgirl. Nothing has been leaked about that but it has generated like 10x the amount of interest the Nightwing announcement had.
>Lego Batman is the prequel to Nightwing.
No it isn't.
>>
>>93077053

I said martial arts mary sue, not regular mary sue, now, didn't i?

The girl was Kelley Puckett's own fanboy insert.

"I'm gonna make this tiny 15 -year old asian martial arts prodigy that can totally beat up Batman! Fuck yeah!"
>>
>>93072906
how do you do a batgirl movie without the rest of the bat family?
>>
honestly, they need to just do a bat family movie

nigthwing/bat girl/red hood can't do a movie all by themselves

there most important stories are
>>
>>93077067

So? The "casual" fan only knows of Dick and Jason too. Jason had the luxury of one of the best animated Bat Films and two video games. Before that he was always the afterthought.

All it takes is one little chance and you can have another Jason on your hand. Your point on iconic is mute.

>>93077223

> can't compare sales to 1999.
> 2017
> 18 Detective Comics 954 $2.99 DC 58,187
> 19 Detective Comics 955 $2.99 DC 57,666
> Cass centric issues.
> 65 Batwoman 2* $3.99 DC 33,239

> 94 Batgirl 10 $3.99 DC 24,117
> 24,117

Freaking Kate is selling more than Barbara. And before you go on "wa wa it's Detective Comics. The name is selling by itself." #955 was Cass centric and was even hyped up as such. I'm going to laugh my ass off when the sales numbers for #957 come out and Stephanie's solo spotlight sells better than Barbara for the entire month.
>>
>>93077368

Who says Nightwing won't cameo as a spring-board into his own film?

Seems pretty logical to me, considering DickBabs
>>
>>93076990
She's Jenet Klyburn.
>>
>>93072906
There's no actress I hate enough to want them to star in Joss Whedon's Babsgirl movie.
>>
>>93075765
>Wanting him to fuck up the one series he hasn't managed to fuck up yet
>>
>>93077363
She couldn't talk. Couldn't read. And was wracked by guilt to the point where she had a death wish.
>>
>>93077408
i know they hinted at jason todd but has nightwing even been hinted at?

fuck man the dc universe is huge for just justiceleague/batfamily movies imo
>>
>>93075734
>hiring an actress thats actually trained in fighting

we know they won't do that
>>
>>93077368
Batgirl Year One only had Buce, Dick and Alfred in it from the Batman family.
>>
>>93077393

> it's Detective Comics

Trying to deflect something by saying it before anyone else does, doesn't actually deflect it.

This is not a solo title. Come act like a big boy when both Cass and Stephanie have their own ongoing books again. If they outsell Babs in a solo title, and not a shared one like Detective, then you'd have a point.

Also this:

Batgirl #10
Batwoman #2

False comparison. Batgirl sold this for her 2nd issue:

Batgirl #2 62,374

That's almost double of Kate's sales, you fucking moron. Every title sells big during launch. 33k for her 2nd issue is pretty damn sad actually.
>>
>>93077391
Dick Grayson has held an ongoing title for around 20 years now. He can have a movie.
>>
>>93077067
Most people don't even know there is a Batgirl.
The concept of "young female Batman" is all you need to sell.
>>
>>93077393
Batwoman is on issue #2 Batgirl is on issue #10.
>>
>>93077502
>i know they hinted at jason todd but has nightwing even been hinted at?
I think DC/WB announcing a live action Nightwing movie is a big hint at the character being around.
>>
>>93077608
Batgirl has been a popculture icon for like 60 years now. Most people know Batman, Robin, and Batgirl. That's the entire Batfamily to the public at large.
>>
Pretty much all the actresses here are too young. Yet another thing Snyder has forced onto future filmmakers in the DCEU. All the traditionally younger characters have to be at least 10+ years older than they usually are. Which means Dick and Babs have to be in their early to mid 30's.
>>
>>93077851
Yes because a movie is always accurate.
>>
>>93077656
"Icon" is pushing it. Hard.

She was in the least liked/remembered season of the Adam West series before fading into obscurity so badly she was written out of the comics.
Then she had a pretty small presence in the DCAU (as Batgirl).
She was a major character in The Batman, but nobody remembers that show.
Her biggest video game appearances are either as Oracle or as Batgirl DLC (Injustice and Arkham Knight).
And the less said about Batman & Robin and the BoP show, the better.

She's obviously the most well-known Batgirl, but that's not an impressive feat.
Outside of comics fans nobody gives a shit about any Batgirl.

>>93077851
You think WB will prioritize canon over marketability?
>>
>>93077851

Says who? They don't have to follow the comics canon religiously. I mean, only Batman is older than he should be compared to Superman and Wonder Woman. Hell, The Flash is also just a kid in the DCEU.
Your reasoning only makes sense if they were adapting the post-crisis DCU step by step, but it's already completely clear that they're not by the ages of the other members of the JL compared to Batman.
>>
>>93077924
>Leaving out Lego Batman
>Ignoring DC Superhero Girls
>Ignoring the non-stop merchandise over the last 60 years even when she was in periods of limbo in the comics

Is this the new "regular people don't know what Wonder Woman is"? Batgirl is pretty recognizable and well known. You'd have to be socially inept to not realize that.
>>
>>93077924
She is popular in DC superhero girls right now and Hollywood loves to Babs.There's no way she's not be the MC.
>>
>>93078079
He's saying Batgirl in general isn't well known or popular with the general public.

Which is flat out wrong.
>>
File: new_batman_adventures_batgirl.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
new_batman_adventures_batgirl.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>93077924
>she had a pretty small presence in the DCAU (as Batgirl).

I think you missed the part where she became a main member of the team after Dick Grayson left to become Nightwing.
They did this because while she only had 3 episodes as Batgirl in BTAS, her popularity was growing quickly, WB demanded Timm and Dini put her on the show as a main support character of Batman.
>>
>>93077102
She'd be perfect for Android 18
>>
>>93078152

I think he knows it's wrong, but some anti-Babs Batgirl fans will use anything to can get to maintain the illusion of equivalence. If Cass/Steph aren't well known, NONE of the Batgirls are well known...

When in reality there's only one Batgirl who has consistently received media exposure through TV animation and merchandise, and it's not Cass, Stephanie, or Betty fucking Kane.
>>
>>93078481

Alicia Silverstone?
>>
> this has become the longest lasting Barbara Gordon Batgirl thread ever on /co/.

Huh... Usually the things just die unless we all just laugh heartily at the storytimes of pain that are the New 52 and Burnside runs.
>>
>>93078525

Yeah she was so popular in her role as Batgirl, right... look at how many blockbusters she was in after th... o wait.

That's literally the one time in the media where it wasn't Barbara Gordon, and back then everyone only had to switch to BTAS to see that Batgirl is the redheaded daughter of James Gordon, while Barbara Wilson was never seen or heard from again.
>>
>>93078600

New52 Babs/Batgirl is now in her 6th year as Batgirl. /Co might be laughing, but it's pretty clear DC/WB aren't changing direction anytime soon, specially not now that the DCEU will have their Batgirl in 2019.
>>
>>93078294
go back to /a/ please
>>
>>93078880
Who cares about comic sales? Babs moves merch. Dolls, action figures, cups, shirts, keychains, blankets, and so much more.

I might be a Cassfag but it's easy to see that Babs is the long term money maker. A Batgirl movie will kill at the box office too.
>>
>>93075820
Way to pretty.
>>
>>93078981
>Dolls, action figures, cups, shirts, keychains, blankets, and so much more.

Batgirl wheelchairs?
>>
>>93079045
Sadly no. You can get a Batgirl chair cape though and make one yourself.
>>
I miss Oracle. Babs had a purpose in life when she was in the chair.
>>
>>93076851
Would that really be spot on casting?

David Cain is a cold, calculating assassin that turned martial arts away from mysticism into a science.

Michael Rooker is a redneck.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.