[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do comic book companies insist on never changing the status

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170509_151555_461.jpg (107KB, 951x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170509_151555_461.jpg
107KB, 951x610px
Why do comic book companies insist on never changing the status quo?

Pic unrelated
>>
Casuals get upset about things not being exactly like the movies.
>>
>>93068970

Because they make their money from same groups of white kids that have bought them the entire time.
>>
>>93069057

though I should add that as soon as there is a large enough population of latinos in country with middle class income that comics will start to grow.

Latinos in a lot of ways mirror 1800s irish.
>>
>>93068970

Poor Chet.
>>
>>93068970
Southpaw Regional Wrestling comic or cartoon when? I want a Sea Creature ongoing
>>
>>93068970
The status quo did change . . . in the 90s.
People wouldn't stop bitching about how Superman shouldn't electric, Hal should still be Green Lantern, Pre-Crisis Superboy should exist, Ben Reily should be a clone, Odinson should stop being crazy and be good ol' Thor again, and how Sue should stop dressing like a slut.
New 52 DC and current Marvel also tried/are trying to upend the status quo only to get panned for it.
>>
File: Nakamura vs. Styles.gif (2MB, 373x248px) Image search: [Google]
Nakamura vs. Styles.gif
2MB, 373x248px
>>93068970
When I think about it, wrestling and comics are very much a like

>Long and rich history where you can go dig up really really strange shit like Batman turning into a buzz saw or Michael Cole getting buttraped on TV
>Dominated by small amount of Big names while the indie market thrive in their own right: WWE and WCW, DC and Marvel, Dark Horse and foreign markets, LU and New Japan
>Relatively niche hobby that still have stigma to it, dumb rassling marks and fat comic book nerds
>Normie-acceptable counterparts, MMA and cape movies
>A lot of shitposting on the boards, /co/ and /asp/

I'm always pleasantly surprised to see wrestling cosplayers at comic conventions
>>
>>93069582
pretty much this.
they tried new (both good and crappy) stuff, and the general consensus was that people who actually buy comics didn't like the way things turned out.
after that, the comic book industry took the nasty habit of turning things upside down in one arc, and then revert everything to normal in the next arc, and so on.
but this is the way things roll on the big name comics.
>>
>>93069904
I haven't watched wrestling in years but I've seen this Nakamura guys entrance on youtube, he seems really cool.
>>
>>93070015
Nakamura is really good and his entrance is top tier, but they are not letting him all out, at least not yet
>>
>>93069904
both also had their highest peaks (at least I think so for comics, I could be wrong)in t he 90's
>>
>>93070015
He's pretty damned good. Watch his NXT match with Sami Zayn if you get the chance.
>>
>>93070015
Watch his two matches with Ibushi, they blow everything he's done in WWE out the water
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.