[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New article on the DuckTales reboot cast http://ew.com/tv/2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 63

File: ducktales-2017-reboot-trailer.jpg (427KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ducktales-2017-reboot-trailer.jpg
427KB, 1600x800px
New article on the DuckTales reboot cast

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/08/ducktales-exclusive-characters-cast/

>Life is like a hurricane here in… modern-day America. But in Duckburg, it’s a veritable storm of fun, adventure, and d-d-d-danger for fans awaiting Disney XD’s summer revival of DuckTales, the beloved ‘80s cartoon about Donald Duck’s nephews and their wild excursions with great-uncle Scrooge McDuck (voiced by Doctor Who’s David Tennant).

>Premiering in August, the series has been carefully crafted as a familiar reboot albeit with contemporary comedy updates to the Disney Afternoon original. “One of the things we always loved about the old show was that it was this family of adventurers, but the emphasis in every episode had always been on the adventure and plotline,” says co-producer Francisco Angones. “The basic conceit of growing our show was that this is a big blended family of adventurers, so it should feel like a combination of Indiana Jones and a blended Arrested Development-style family sitcom where every character has a different relationship to one another.”
>>
File: widegang_homepage.jpg (276KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
widegang_homepage.jpg
276KB, 2000x1333px
>The revival sticks to its adventure-of-the-week DNA, but with a hint of season-long serialization — one big mystery of the first season involves a decade-old family secret about why Scrooge and Donald stopped spelunking together — as well as sharpened characterization for nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie (Danny Pudi, Ben Schwartz, and Bobby Moynihan). “Since everyone always says ‘Huey, Dewey, and Louie’ in that exact order, we decided to make that the birth order, and by defining that, we were able to assign traits that fit,” says executive producer Matt Youngberg. “So, Huey’s the oldest, a little more responsible, a little bit brainy. Dewey wants to stand out, and wants to break out of being labeled as just one of a set of three. And Louie is happy being the youngest child — he can slip under the radar.”

>Joining the pack (though decidedly not the Quack Pack), expect significantly more screen time for little Webby (Kate Micucci), Scrooge’s niece-by-affection, whom Youngberg says has “a stronger and more unique voice than she ever had before.” Angones adds, “We almost never say ‘the nephews’ or ‘the boys’ — she’s a crucial part of the adventuring team, and they really are this big, weird family. If Huey has Scrooge’s brains, Dewey has Scrooge’s guts, and Louie has Scrooge’s love of treasure, Webby has Scrooge’s heart.”
>>
File: donaldhouseboat.jpg (623KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
donaldhouseboat.jpg
623KB, 2700x1800px
>>93068029
>Donald Duck (Tony Anselmo)

>Expect to see a lot more of this world-class walking temper tantrum in the new reboot, which bumps Donald Duck up to main cast status. “He’s been a single parent obsessively taking care of the boys, and he’s a little bit overprotective and doesn’t want to take a lot of risks, whereas so much of Scrooge’s success is based on the fact that he’s willing to take risks,” says Angones. “In our world, about 10 years ago, Scrooge and Donald used to go on these big, crazy, rip-roaring adventures, and then they stopped talking to each other, to the point where when we start our show, Huey, Dewey, and Louie don’t even know that the richest duck in the world and this legendary explorer is their great uncle.” By the end of the first episode, Donald reluctantly moves his whole family in with Scrooge, but maintains some degree of his own independence — by keeping his houseboat in the pool.
>>
File: gladstonegander.jpg (279KB, 2700x2700px) Image search: [Google]
gladstonegander.jpg
279KB, 2700x2700px
>>93068044
>Gladstone Gander (Paul F. Tompkins)

>Few things can unite Scrooge and Donald like a shared nemesis, and we find that in Gladstone Gander, a dandy old character who always irked Donald and now gets under Scrooge’s feathers, too. Angones says, “The great thing about Gladstone is that since Donald is fundamentally unlucky, Gladstone is supernaturally lucky, and so Scrooge and Donald can both agree that they hate Gladstone because he does nothing and gets everything.” (Also worth hating: Gladstone’s father’s name is Goosetave. GOOSETAVE.)
>>
Still no date to put in my cucklog.
>>
File: gyrogearloose.jpg (374KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
gyrogearloose.jpg
374KB, 2700x1800px
>>93068050
>Gyro Gearloose (Jim Rash)

>You’ll notice Scrooge’s in-house mad scientist has gotten a fairly hipster makeover, but neither his wild inventions nor vocal exclamations (by Community’s Jim Rash) are any less manic. While his intern Fenton (Lin-Manuel Miranda) moonlights as local superhero Gizmoduck, presumable fan-favorite Gyro Gearloose keeps the spirit of DuckTales’ crazy super-science alive.
>>
>>93068029
>birth order

They would have hatched from three eggs. What difference does it make?
>>
File: goldieogilt.jpg (310KB, 2700x2700px) Image search: [Google]
goldieogilt.jpg
310KB, 2700x2700px
>>93068066
>Goldie O’Gilt (Allison Janney)

>Returning as Scrooge’s longtime paramour is Goldie O’Gilt, a fellow adventurer who has a curious relationship with old McDuck. “In our adaptation, Scrooge is more of an adventure junkie than a gold addict, so we kept saying, ‘Well, if Scrooge is like Batman, then Goldie should be like Catwoman,’” says Angones. “She’s equally adventurous, every bit Scrooge’s equal, and he hates and loves that. They have this amazingly contentious relationship that’s been going on ages and ages, spanning back to the Gold Rush days.” Plus, the producers say it was David Tennant who geeked out the most about Janney joining the cast: “He heard us play a line she had recorded and he said, ‘That’s C.J. Cregg!'”
>>
>>93068022
Is it bothering anybody else that they keep using the theme song lyrics as promotion?

>>93068029
>The revival sticks to its adventure-of-the-week DNA, but with a hint of season-long serialization
Called it.

I mean, after GF and Star vs and essentially having no reason not to use more of the comics, they would have to be insane not to do this
>>
File: beagles.jpg (319KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
beagles.jpg
319KB, 2700x1800px
>>93068078
>Ma Beagle (Margo Martindale) and the Beagle Boys (Eric Bauza)

>The perennially annoying villains are back in full force to block Scrooge’s adventures, with beloved character actress Margo Martindale on hand to voice the maniacal matriarch of the family of genuinely idiotic criminals. Big fans will note that they actually look like dogs this time. Relatively.
>>
File: flintheartglomgold.jpg (450KB, 2700x2700px) Image search: [Google]
flintheartglomgold.jpg
450KB, 2700x2700px
>>93068091
>Flintheart Glomgold (Keith Ferguson)

>One of Scrooge’s wealthy equals in Duckburg is Scottish showman Flintheart Glomgold, whom Youngberg describes as “this kind of go-go ‘80s billionaire who made all his money from branding and getting his face on every storefront.” Angones says, “Glomgold is bigger, faster, and cheaper. An in-joke we had for him was that originally in the comics, he was South African, and then they made him Scottish in [the original] DuckTales, so we really leaned into that and decided that when Glomgold saw that Scrooge was a Scottish billionaire, he decided to be the cheap knock-off. More Scottish and even richer.”
>>
>>93068078
>‘Well, if Scrooge is like Batman, then Goldie should be like Catwoman
Well I already know where this is going
>>
>>93068105
>when Glomgold saw that Scrooge was a Scottish billionaire, he decided to be the cheap knock-off.

That's kind of hilarious.
>>
File: mark-beaks.jpg (232KB, 2700x2700px) Image search: [Google]
mark-beaks.jpg
232KB, 2700x2700px
>>93068105
>Mark Beaks (Josh Brener)

>The Silicon Valley actor adds fresh blood to the echelon of wealthy ducks that dominate the city. “We had a bunch of old money billionaires — Scrooge is the oldest money, this billionaire of the industrial revolution, and we have Glomgold — so we included somebody who’s representative of today’s billionaires, which is the tech industry billionaire,” says Youngberg. “Mark Beaks doesn’t care as much about money as he cares about status and being buzzworthy and how many followers he has.” Angones adds, “Josh Brener was so incredibly on all the time, selling and pitching. He’s a character who’s so broad and over the top, you love to be annoyed by him.”

Show starts in August, but no specific date's given.
>>
>>93068105
>An in-joke we had for him was that originally in the comics, he was South African, and then they made him Scottish in [the original] DuckTales, so we really leaned into that and decided that when Glomgold saw that Scrooge was a Scottish billionaire, he decided to be the cheap knock-off. More Scottish and even richer
Kek. Would they bring this up in universe too?
>>
>>93068105
>even richer

REEEEEEE
>>
>>93068125
>Duck version of Steve Jobs
>>
>>93068125
Twitter and Buzzfeed are already bird-themed
>>
>>93068125
>Angones adds, “Josh Brener was so incredibly on all the time, selling and pitching. He’s a character who’s so broad and over the top, you love to be annoyed by him.”

Is he going to be Liquidator: DuckTales Edition? I hope so.
>>
>>93068132
He wants to be
>>
>>93068053
It says August at the end of the article.
>>
It's unlikely but I want them to use the Euro ducks.
>>
Webby is going to either be the best or the worst part of the show. No inbetween. Though you can't get much lower than how she already was portrayed in the series.
>>
File: 1473783462629.jpg (56KB, 620x378px) Image search: [Google]
1473783462629.jpg
56KB, 620x378px
>>93068022
>>93068029
>>93068044
>>93068050
>>93068066
>>93068078
>>93068091
>>93068105
>>93068125
Who here is hyped? I want my damn adventure cartoons.
>>
File: 146809_01084.jpg (262KB, 2700x2700px) Image search: [Google]
146809_01084.jpg
262KB, 2700x2700px
The Donald character art they had since I decided to put the profile with the houseboat screencap.
>>
>>93068125
Couldn't they have just made him Rockerduck?
>>
>Known Ducktales crew members
>Producer (Showrunner?)
Matt Youngberg (Teen Titans, The Batman, Transformers Animated, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)

>Art Director
Sean Jimeniz (writer/boarder on season 1 of adventure time, background designer on gravity falls and the mickey mouse shorts)

>Head Writer
Francisco Angones (Wander over Yonder)

>Other known writers
Christian Magalhaes & Robert Snow (involved in the story for the Star vs episode Mathmagic)

>Directors
John Aoshima (Futurama, American Dad, Gravity Falls, Star vs)
Dana Terrace (storyboard artist on gravity falls)
Tanner Johnson (storyboard artist on Ben 10 Omniverse)

>Storyboard Artists
Jason Reicher (Uncle Grandpa)
Ryan Jouas (Uncle Grandpa)
Sam King (Clarence)

there's probably a ton of other boarders I'm missing
>>
File: Let me see.png (398KB, 447x420px) Image search: [Google]
Let me see.png
398KB, 447x420px
>>93068261
I'm cautiously hype, it seems cool so I hope Disney can do reboots better than CN
>>
>>93068288
Didn't they say Rockerduck's already in this?
>>
>>93068312
I hope they don't make him redundant then.
>>
Fuck, German Disney channel is going to run this show into the ground so hard it makes TTG look like a one time special
>>
>>93068261
I am. It may not live up to the comics, maybe not the original, but it will still be the best current cartoon.
>>
>>93068050

>Not Rob Paulsen

El disappointo.
>>
>>93068261
I was hype from the first look at the show
>>
>>93068075
The order in which they hatched, I guess.
>>
>>93068044
>some people just want to watch the world burn
>>
>>93068261
Honestly I fear the show's gonna get popular enough that people are gonna craw out of the woodwork to complain about it mainly because it's popular (combined with some hype backlash)
>>
File: after WHAT.png (126KB, 312x221px) Image search: [Google]
after WHAT.png
126KB, 312x221px
>>93068029
>one big mystery of the first season involves a decade-old family secret about why Scrooge and Donald stopped spelunking together
I knew this was significant!
>>
File: Scrooge vs Donald.jpg (622KB, 1120x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Scrooge vs Donald.jpg
622KB, 1120x1180px
>>93068044
>“In our world, about 10 years ago, Scrooge and Donald used to go on these big, crazy, rip-roaring adventures, and then they stopped talking to each other,

Oh wow. I wonder why.
>>
File: alone and unprotected.gif (1MB, 472x449px) Image search: [Google]
alone and unprotected.gif
1MB, 472x449px
>>
>>93068078
I WANT TO FUCK THAT DUCK!
>>
>>93068261
Huey: Are you okay, Uncle Donald?

Dewey: Yeah. Gearloose says you might be insane now and-

Donald: (chuckles) Are you kidding? ...okay, I'm just turning 16 and having a birthday pool party. My uncle invites every girl he knows, and I'm not talking about girls my age. No, not Scrooge. He invites Playboy Bunnies and models and, I think, actual whores - you know, real prostitutes. So there I am in my giant bathing suit with nervous puberty oozing out of my molting feathers. Just, just awful. So, the band suddenly stops playing and I hear "And now the fowl of the hour, Donald Duck!" All eyes on me, right? Then suddenly, almost predictably, Ludwig Von Drake shoots my groin with a shrink ray right as that fucking jackass Emily Quackfaster pulls my shorts down.

Louie: Wow. That's...that's like a nightmare.

Donald: Oh, no! No! What I went through today was "like a nightmare." What happened when I was 16, that...is my life!
>>
>>93068491
I hope they keep their relationship like this because Scrooge and Donald sperging out at each other are the best thing about Barks/Rosa stories.
>>
>>93068050
>Gladstone's father's named Goosetave

And immediately the German dub will have to change one more name apart from the traditionals, because Gladstone himself is called Gustav Gans over hier.
>>
File: IMG_2408.jpg (20KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2408.jpg
20KB, 195x259px
>>93068621
Nope.
>>
>>93068621
Well it took about forty posts before the mentally ill showed up.
>>
>>93068022
>>Life is like a hurricane here in… modern-day America
Why are people so obsessed?
>>
>>93068044
>single parent
But he's their uncle.
>>
>>93068078
duck tits!
>>
>>93068700
Who thanks to the hospitalization of his brother-in-law has been acting in the role of a parent for years.
>>
>>93068700
Single parental figure anyways
>>
>>93068338
>>93068338

Read the fucking comics- Rockerduck is a lazyass who instead of working, simply inherited his fortune from his father and stays relevant by tricking, lying and bribing his way to the top, plus he loves spending his money just to show he can.
Scrooge and Flintheart are absurdly frugal misers who both share the same love for piling up money while the new OC is a workhacolic who does it for the attention and status.

He's basically Rockerduck's foil, just like Flinthheart is Scrooge's foil too. It will work.
>>
>>93068050
Paul F Tompkins makes everything amazing.
>>
>>93068820
How exactly does any of what you said change the fact that >>93068125 is a pretty accurate description of Rockerduck?
>>
>>93068091
LEGENDARY CHARACTER ACTRESS MARGO MARTINDALE?!
>>
File: The_Miner's_Dranddaughter.jpg (1MB, 2048x3131px) Image search: [Google]
The_Miner's_Dranddaughter.jpg
1MB, 2048x3131px
>>93068078
Glittering GILF. Also will they bring in her granddaughter at some point and drop the summation that Goldie and Scrooge shared a moment way back when in the Klondike. Though we may never see the offspring.
>>
>>93068582
SPANIDUCKITA
>>
>>93068022
why everything has to be awful?
WHY? WHY?!
>>
>>93068680
The biggest legacy from this show was Disney nostalgia and the theme song and they're already using the nostalgia

I don't think anybody actually remembers the plots the episodes had or anything or else everybody would agree the show went to shit after season 2 once they stopped having wacky adventures and more often than not just weird shit happening in the city
>>
File: letter05.jpg (500KB, 1107x1600px) Image search: [Google]
letter05.jpg
500KB, 1107x1600px
>>93068584
> Liking DonRosa's glorified fanfic

This is the canon Donald/Scrooge relationship from Bark's run, anon.
Equally badass, equally stubborn and equally stupid instead of DonRosa's Scrooge masturbation.
>>
>>93068922
But that's exactly the sort of thing I was referring to. What are you on about?
>>
>>93068932
>reading comprehension
What a tard
>>
>>93068091
>beloved character actress Margo Martindale

Phew, glad she survived the explosion.
>>
>>93068860
Read what I fucking wrote- both characters like to showoff but the new guy is a workhacolic who at least earns his status while Rockerduck is a lazy ass who got his fortune for free and wants to be popular minus the work part.

Rockerduck's comics always keep the same structure: cheating, lying, sabotaging Scrooge's business and eventually being defeated by his own trickery backfiring on him.
>>
File: letter07.jpg (333KB, 1166x847px) Image search: [Google]
letter07.jpg
333KB, 1166x847px
>>93068932
OK, I must apologize. I was answering to the guy who posted that Don Rosa pic and instead clicked on your comment.
I would do like Rockerduck and eat my hat, if I had a hat to eat that's it.

Also, more Barks duck dickery, which wasn't present at all on DonRosa's comics.
>>
>>93068879
Well that's amazing
It's probably just a coincidence but still amazing
>>
>>93068261

Hell yes. Even if I'm worried about Webby and Beakley this thread boosted my hype.
>>
File: Margo.png (538KB, 843x423px) Image search: [Google]
Margo.png
538KB, 843x423px
>>93068879
>>93068996
I didn't get it at all until I looked it up, holy shit that's hilarious

Good thing she managed to get out from underwater
>>
>>93068044
No other new images of Mrs. Beakley?
>>
>>93069109
>Even if I'm worried about Webby and Beakley

Why's that?
>>
>>93069225
Probably some kind of "girls in modern cartoons" thing
>>
>>93069253
>"girls in modern cartoons" thing

What about them?
>>
Darkwing Duck when?
>>
File: beakley.jpg (90KB, 350x480px) Image search: [Google]
beakley.jpg
90KB, 350x480px
THICC
>>
>>93068105
So wait, he's South African who pretends to be Scottish in the new show?

If so, that is hilarious.
>>
>>93068150
He's more Mark Zuckerberg or any Silicon Valley millionaire you see these days.
>>
>>93069225
He's probably worried about her being another Mabel, a character who started off fine but got worse and worse as the show went on due to a lack of development.
>>
>>93068820
>Rockerduck is a lazyass who instead of working, simply inherited his fortune from his father and stays relevant by tricking, lying and bribing his way to the top,
In what stories?

Rockerduck is mainly an Italian character, and while he might have inherited part of his fortune he made it to 2nd richest by actually being a competent businessman.
Sure, he does cheat, steal and lies, but in Italian stories Scrooge does, too.
The main difference is Scrooge being stingy while Rockerduck enjoys his money sometimes too much.
There are many comics showing his spending freely is his undoing in "who's richer" fights with Scrooge, as well as many depicting him as the only one able to stand up to Scrooge as a businessman.
Hell, half the comics with him are about him discovering a new market segment and Scrooge copying him, getting the upper hand usually because he has Gyro who works almost for free.

Also, Italy, too, made a (seldom) returning New Tech Young Billionaire: it worked as a foil to Scrooge being Old Money stereotype and Rockerduck being New Rich stereotype
>>
>>93068998
>Rockerduck's comics always keep the same structure: cheating, lying, sabotaging Scrooge's business and eventually being defeated by his own trickery backfiring on him.
Don't forget eating his own hat.
>>
>>93068029
>season long serialization
right, or what we normal speaking people call a story arc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsNJjGGR4P8
They just leaked a new theme song.
>>
>>93068091
>beloved character actress margo martindale survived the explosion and left hollywoo for duckburg
>>
>>93068301
Emmy Cicerega is a boarder for sure
>>
>>93069274
That anon was referring to tokenism.
Which was a problem in 90's cartoons because token girl characters often took the form of the "little sister" trope, which were useless and irritating. Not that it was better when in reverse as the "little brother".
Like Webby in the first cartoon was. Seems they are specifically avoiding it this time though.

Not sure why they are worried about Beakley.
>>
>>93069592
thats still better than old webby who not only didnt develop but started out crap
>>
What about Daisy?
>>
>>93068078
>so young
That's not the body of an 80+ year old duck. Donald should steal her away.
>>
>>93069998
>>the obvious Drumpf parody
why do drumpf fags get so triggered when an obviously evil rich businessman is in anything
>>
>>93070016
Because they a bunch of a ding-dongs.

Beside, evil business men is nothing new in fiction.
>>
>>93069998
Jesus you people are self-parodying.
>>
>>93069998
You could at least pretend to know what you're talking about
>>
>>93070072
he's a trump fag of course he doesnt
>>
>>93070016
They feel the need to defend Trump on everything, and apparently defending him from all the criticisms he gets isn't enough, they have to actively look for other slights against their God Emperor to bitch about.
OBVIOUSLY any evil rich businessperon that shows up in any form of media has to be a Trump reference.
>>
>>93069970
Who knows. I'm more curious about Magica De Spell.
>>
>>93070105
>don't actually disprove anything,

You mean like you're doing now?
>>
>>93070105
>don't actually disprove anything
You don't have anything worth disproving
>>
>>93070045
Fuck, basing evil rich businessmen on Trump isn't even new, since Back To The Future 2 back in '89.

Meaning him being a cartoonish villain basis is older than many of those who defend him.

They're political hipsters.
>>
>>93070105
I don't want to prove or disprove anything, I just want to make fun of you.
>>
report and ignore folks
>>
>>93070159
HEY JANITOR, PLEASE POST AND TELL US WHY OUT OF PLACERS IS BANNED AND BITTERSWEET CANDYBOWL ISN'T.
>>
>>93070119
I already imaine her being reinvented a curvy, busty, haly naked witch, especially when you know what was Bark's intention when he created her and who's she based of.
>>
>>93068050
They somehow managed to make his face even more punchable.
>>
>>93070145
Don't forget Bloom County.
>>
>>93070105
>>93070159
Enough with playing the /pol/ tier victimization card and please just talk about what the tread's actually about, Ducktales.
>>
>>93070281
You're linking the only two posts that are interested in talking about the cartoon and not just Trump?
>>
>>93068029
But what about the most important character of the show and the comics? The Junior Woodchucks Guidebook?
>>
>>93070308
>that are interested in talking about the cartoon
>You're all just Hirsch and Dana's liberal gang
Yeah sure
>>
File: wowwhataview.webm (684KB, 720x306px) Image search: [Google]
wowwhataview.webm
684KB, 720x306px
>>93068125
>Not making him Ducktales Max Zorin
>>
>>93070016
Probably because half the people who claim to like him seem to think worse of Trump than a shillery supporter.

These are the same people who compare trump to a route one trashmon that's ineffective it's job.
>>
>>93068050

I hope he's still Donald's cousin/Scrooge's nephew in this version, I feel like the character only half stings if he's not related to them.
>>
>>93070577
Why wouldn't he still be related?

>>93070403
Oh, shit. They haven't mentioned that. I sort of hope that sticks around. But the newphews seem like they're too disinterested in that kind of thing.

Then again, it would be all the more reason Donald would push them into it.

>>93069970
My theory: something happened to her ala Stanford pines and it's what led to scrooge and donald's falling out.

It might also be why Donald would be overprotective of the triplets.
>>
>>93070674
>>93070403
Huey has the Guidebook in his hands in the promo image >>93068022
He's "the smart one", so he'll probably be the one that always uses it.
>>
>>93070674

Just a possibility since it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the blurb about him.
>>
>>93070577
One of my favorite stories and one of the best things to show Scrooge's character is him being unable to decide whether to leave his fortune to a hard-working adventurer and WW2 vet who will piss it away like Donald or a business success who will ensure Scrooge's legacy survives but is a lazy dimwit that never earned anything like Gladstone.
>>
>>93069592
Well, we certainly don't need another Mabel any time soon.
>>
>>93070768
Webby is fine. She's not a dimwit for one and its nice that she's a fan of Donald.
>>
File: DuckTales First Look.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DuckTales First Look.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone have the fanart of her drawn back when the trailer was first released? It's not in the /co/llection booru.
>>
>>93070358
... you know Barks created her with the intention of subverting that ancient "old, ugly and decrepit whitch" cliche and in fact, used famous Italian sex symbols Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren as templates for her design?
(Why do you think the character is Italian as well?)
>>
has the guy voicing donald been his voice for a while? I thought this was the one where they changed the normal donald VA for some reason.

and this has no relation at all to the donald of the mickey mouse shorts right?

yfw end of the season donald finds the multiverse
>>
>>93070962
Same guy who's done Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>93070962
>>93070980
Tony Anselmo's been doing Donald since the late 80s.
>>
>>93070962
>>93070980
>>93071021
Ah yep, I just went to look. For some reason he's not voicing him in the Mickey and Roadster Racers show, maybe because it conflicts with this show? It was super weird because I was sure this dude had voiced donald for years now.
>>
>>93068078
>Motherfucking CJ Craig is in this
Hell yes
>>
>>93068105
>Drops the accent when hes mad.
>Starts screaming in straight up Afrikaans
I can dig it.
>>
>>93068022
>>93068261

Can't wait for it!
>>
>>93071186
>Starts screaming racial slurs in Afrikaans
>>
>>93070816
I do love that she's a Donald fangirl. Donald needs more appreciation and respect in his life.
>>
>>93068078
So is Scrooge younger in this adaption, like in his 60s or something, because Goldie looks like she's in her early 50s?
>>
>>93071186
>>93071295
>gets angry
>starts screaming COMMANDO TIGER MAFIA MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE
>>
File: [ENTERNAL SCREAMING].gif (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
[ENTERNAL SCREAMING].gif
1MB, 720x480px
>>93070119
>yfw Magica De Spell and Daisy are the same person/sharing the same body through some spirit possession.
>>
File: tumblr_or8t4sSjZp1v79cwgo1_1280.jpg (214KB, 1020x561px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_or8t4sSjZp1v79cwgo1_1280.jpg
214KB, 1020x561px
Web shorts coming next week

>The new DuckTales shorts will give viewers a glimpse at a few of Duckburg’s beloved characters (Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Donald, Webby, Launchpad and Mrs. Beakley) and will debut on Disney XD and the Disney XD app. The Donald, Scrooge and Huey shorts will be available that day on the Disney XD YouTube page, followed by the Webby, Launchpad and Mrs. Beakley shorts available on Friday, June 16.
>>
>>93070472
... Did he partially revive that character for Batman Returns?
>>
>>93070866
Actually, I do! I just think it's hilarious that you think they're gonna have a sex bomb villainess on fucking Ducktails in 2017.
>>
File: IMG_2757.png (386KB, 421x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2757.png
386KB, 421x392px
Will we see Ronald plump?
>>
>>93069422
SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE COULD BEND A STEEL GIRDER!
>>
>>93068022
Any news on Duckworth making a return?
>>
File: Magica21.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Magica21.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
>>93072046
Have you seen the way as Magic is drawn in the italian comics?

Fuck, even the original Ducktales gave her curves and a bust line.
>>
>>93072494
Yeah but the question was "what's she going to look like in this" and the anon said "half naked." which is what made me laugh.
>>
>>93068091
>Ma Beagle
>not Grandpa Beagle
Eh, I guess a crotchety old crone in charge of a gang is funnier than a cranky old man.
>>
>>93073244
Ma Beagle was based on Ma Barker, the matriarch of a gang of criminals in the 1930's. She was in the original Ducktales TV series.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Barker
>>
>>93068125
>not Mark Duckerberg
>>
>>93073553
>not Christopher Goose
>>
>>93068261

Im pretty optimistic
>>
File: Glittering.png (170KB, 600x866px) Image search: [Google]
Glittering.png
170KB, 600x866px
>Captcha: Welcome Donald
Perfect.
>>
>>93070866
If they're going meta with how the original show made Glomgold Scottish, I wonder if they'll do the same with Magica having June Foray's Natasha voice instead of an Italian accent.
>>
File: gizmoduck-Fenton Crackshell.png (192KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gizmoduck-Fenton Crackshell.png
192KB, 800x450px
>>93075212

Is this one real
>>
>>93068191
Rockaduck is confirmed.
>>
File: 1396660728019.jpg (25KB, 637x469px) Image search: [Google]
1396660728019.jpg
25KB, 637x469px
>>93075783
>Rockerduck
>Euro
>>
>>93076414
he had, like, TWO stories with him among Barks and Rosa?

99% of Rockerduck's character and stories are made in Italy
>>
>>93068029
I predict a 300% increase in webby rule 34
>>
>>93068996
>>93068879
I'm so glad she's alive!
>>
This must succeed so we can get a rebooted Darkwing Duck.
>>
https://huntingwabbits.tumblr.com/post/161593458505/a-short-got-released-and-its-adorable

I laughed
>>
>>93070558
yungoos is a good he doesn't deserve to be compared to donald
>>
File: 1480595668543.png (376KB, 620x604px) Image search: [Google]
1480595668543.png
376KB, 620x604px
>>93068066
>>93068105
>>93068125
This show's art style is atrocious in general but these designs are just so laaazy. I mean Glomgold is basically a triangle with a hat. These motherfuckers will cut corners on anything, backgrounds look like ass, character designs are so simplified that they barely need to animate them. God damn it, they drew this shit by hand, now it's all digital. It should be cheaper, faster and better. Not lazy and worse in all technical aspects.
>>
>>93075774
>dat Gizmoduck
Bad ass.
>>
>>93075774
>>93078235
it is... Almost too badass.

The original gizmoduck suit felt like it was meant to be a bit adhoc.

Then again, it's mentioned Fenton now works as Gyro's intern, so he's got access to way better tools.

>>93068066
the thing I'm most concerned about in terms of design is Gizmo being made hipster-ish. But on the flipside, if they play it more as him being a dork with no real fashion sense than doing everything "ironically" it might work out.

>>93068078
>>93069986
>>93071363
two possible alternative explanations might be:
>That character sheet is Goldie in flashback.
>Or there was a pretty big age-gap between Goldie and Scrooge when they met.

>>93073980
well that was quick.
>>
File: IMG_4295.jpg (40KB, 583x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4295.jpg
40KB, 583x437px
>>93068066
>Lin-Manuel Miranda

BASED AS F U C K
>>
File: Donalds.jpg (30KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
Donalds.jpg
30KB, 768x384px
>>93072106
>>
As much as I love David Tennant, he doesn't sold old enough for Scrooge.

Conversely, the nephews now sound too old.
>>
>>93068395
He spent the past year recovering from throat cancer. I imagine that's why he's not in it.

Sucks, I would have liked to see him back as Gladstone, but then he would have been one of the few returning voices.

>>93068066
not a fan of gyro's redesign. even if it is technically close to his original.

>>93068078
OH SHIT GOLDIE? We're getting LoT Flashbacks?
>>
>>93071363
>>93069986
>>93078612
I figure she just dyes her hair
>>
>>93079253
Wait Rob has throats cancer since when?

I would have known about that beforehand?
>>
>>93079629
>In February 2016, Paulsen was diagnosed with Stage III throat cancer. Paulsen has since undergone treatment, and his cancer is now in remission

Yeah anon, it's why Talkin Toons didn't post an episode for like a year.

http://techjives.net/2017/01/10/134-happy-new-years-with-rob-on-talkin-toons-with-rob-paulsen/ Here's the episode from February this year where he talks about how he's in remission.
>>
>>93077771
ok this feels pretty on point
>>
>>93068091
>just copying his last show with Ma Vreedle and the Vreedle boys

BRAVO YOUNGBERG
>>
>>93068022
>the beloved ‘80s cartoon
No one involved in this project was born earlier than 1995 so I don't know who the fuck is meant to love said show. They never saw it.
>>
>>93069552
>tfw too burger to get the joke
>>
>>93068029
>Since everyone always says ‘Huey, Dewey, and Louie’ in that exact order, we decided to make that the birth order,
I've always said Huey, Louie, and Dewey.
>>
>>93080287
>No one involved in this project was born earlier than 1995

Why do you enjoy making shit up?
>>
>>93080287
>Streaming doesn't exist now, older folks never recorded old cartoons with a VHS in the 90's.
>Shows broadcast once on my cable connection and then that'S IT!
>>
>>93080406
How does it feel to have your dad's dick on your tonsils?
>>
>>93080424
Because unlike you I have an imagination.
Shiteater.
>>
>>93072106
Glomgold's description sounds like they decided to make him the dig at Trump.
>>
>>93068022
It took me a moment to notice the grappling hook, I thought Webby was just straight up holding a gun.
>>
File: 1457832593925s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1457832593925s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>93080406
>I've always said Huey, Louie, and Dewey.

kek
>>
>>93068125
>wears pants
>barefoot

That's breaking canon
>>
>>93068022
I'm look for deep lore and consistent continuity throughout the series. That's what make DuckTales so great for me was the work they put into making a universe that followed its established story and previous events.
>>
>>93080425
>>93080287
not to mention that this show was airing on some disney owned channel well into the 2000s
>>
So, since Huey Dewy and Louie are going to have distinct personalities now, does that mean they aren't going to do that annoying thing where they each say part of a sentence anymore? Because it always bugged me when they did that.
>>
>>93068712
Whoo hoo
>>
>>93078612
>That character sheet is Goldie in flashback.
I wonder if they're going to bring up that whole "Donald and Scrooge invented Inception" storyline again.
>>
>>93080581
its kind of astounding how much i hear that about stereotypical greedy rich man caricatures
>>
>>93068022
The furry agenda marches on with financial backing from emperor mouse, a soulless corporation. The goal: greed and the perversion of the a future generation.

I say, yiff in hell.
>>
File: Diasy btfo.png (289KB, 422x427px) Image search: [Google]
Diasy btfo.png
289KB, 422x427px
Why does Scrooge and/or Donald have a doll of Daisy with a fucking arrow through it?
>>
>>93081784
That's Webby's doll from the original series.
>>
>>93082006
That makes less sense. What in-world explanation is there for there to be Webby dolls for and Webby to hate them?
>>
>>93077771
That was a good sneak peak. Fuck man Donald just has no luck.
>>
>>93068075
>Birth Order Theory
>https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/how-raise-happy-cooperative-child/201605/the-effect-birth-order-children

It's an aspect used for developing characters as well. In the trailer Webby mentions blood type which is also a running trope in Japanese character development as it hints what type of person each character is likely to be.
>>
I always got the impression that Launchpad had kind of a Minnesota type accent, but in the preview it sounds like they went more surfer dude for him.
>>
>>93082100
>Scrooge could have just said it wouldn't go out so don't bother
>Instead he just fucking watched Donald lose a fight with a candle
>>
>>93079098
PRESIDENT DONALD J. DUCK
>>
File: d.gif (619KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
d.gif
619KB, 245x184px
>>93068066
>Jim Rash
yesssss
>>
>>93082082
some kids get dolls that look like themselves, obviously she's recently reinvented herself and is rejecting her earlier childhood. but obviously it's just a "fuck you scrappy" moment because the original Webby was a piece of shit
>>
File: Junior_woodchuck_g_b.jpg (38KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
Junior_woodchuck_g_b.jpg
38KB, 250x364px
>>93070674
>Oh, shit. They haven't mentioned that. I sort of hope that sticks around. But the newphews seem like they're too disinterested in that kind of thing.

good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PgkLg_jFY
>>
>>93068050
Who better to play an asshole who's constantly lucky with no consequences then Mr. Peanut Butter himself?
>>
6 shorts went up on WDXD. 1080p rips for everyone who wants them: https://mega.nz/#F!ZFBQhbYL!5psxU2DendTjMHw5ni7yzQ
>>
>>93085465
Rad, thanks.
>>
So just going off the previews Scrooge seems less cantankerous and more...completely insane
>>
>>93068262

the black and white is pretty cool.
>>
>>93085521
Clearly, they wanted David Tennant to play Scrooge, so they played up his unpredictable adventurous angle to appeal to the crowds that only know Tennant as the tenth Doctor.
>>
>>93085553

I can dig it. Play up the eccentric adventurer rather than the miserly fusspot.
>>
Is this a catastrophic plane crash joke in a post 911 world? On a disney network?

there...there aren't words. It's so beutiful
>>
>>93080251
Which was flipped from the original source. Though I did like the gag in that one that they were clones.
>>
>>93085583
If it means having an adventure cartoon with an actual sense of real dashing adventure in it again, the yeah I'm on board too.
>>
>>93069422
Holy shit, is Mrs. Beakley the Trunchbull now?
>>
defiantly got a real Doubtfire thing going on
>>
>>93075212
>I wonder if they'll do the same with Magica having June Foray's Natasha voice instead of an Italian accent.
>Her brother-turned-raven laughs off his unfortunate transformation saying she hasn't messed up a spell this bad since she accidentally changed her accent when they were younger
>>
Think of an explanation for how Scrooge ended up like this.
>>
>>93085661
That short was great, she didn't even to say anything and it was funny. I'm actually feeling optimistic about this reboot.
>>
>>93085742

Well I was on board after watching some of those Mickey Mouse cartoons. It's weird to think of disney being so back on their A game cartoon wise but getting so little publicity over it
>>
And the Woodchuck guidebook is included
>>
>>93079098
>>93082989
Ever notice how Donald's original theme song, the one that ironically states how he's such an even-tempered and friendly guy, fits Trump to a tee? You could exchange Donald's lines in the song with Trump quotes without any issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEiNk9waJb4
>>
>>93085788

well this was a good thread while it lasted
>>
>>93085759
>Mickey Mouse cartoons
Which ones?
>>
>>93085838
He probably means the 2013-ongoing animated shorts
>>
>>93085852

yeah those. They're pretty tight.
>>
>>93085806
Don't let a post ruin your fun, something /pol/ related no less, especially when it happens to be true in a funny sort of way.
>>
>>93068044
>bumps Donald Duck up to main cast status
YESSSSS

I want my Donald Duck.

Too bad the 313 car's not in here.
>>
>>93085885

I mean that right there alone is something to get hype over
>>
File: donald's an actor.png (322KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
donald's an actor.png
322KB, 500x368px
>>93068700
If a certain cartoon short is canon (I honestly don't know) then he is their adoptive dad.
>>
>>93069837
Some people call that "lore"!
>>
>>93071319
That makes her what, the only open Donald fanboy?

Actually now that I think about it, in some comics the Jose and Panchito do look up to Donald for his good parenting, but they're bros anyway
>>
>>93085943
Well, in this one she acts like Donald is or was really famous as an adventurer, so maybe Donald used to have more fans.
>>
>>93085916
Remember how in the classic comics Huey Dewie and Louie were dangerous little shits who put their own father in the hospital, and that's why their mother dumped them on Donald?
>>
>>93085911
To be honest, I kinda dislike that Scrooge is more popular than Donald. Scrooge is the only Disney Duck with a highly-acclaimed comic book series and in my country the monthly disney duck anthology series is titled "Uncle Scrooge".

I mean, Scrooge is a great character and Life and Times sure have good stories in them, but Donald had always been my guy, the unlucky miserable fool who's prone to angry outbursts yet still have that heroic streak in him. Maybe I'm just that edgy teen who likes the less popular option.
>>
>>93085963
>Donald used to have more fans
>an entire show all about Webby breathlessly squeeing over Donald's adventures
>it's all references to the European duck comics, like Paperinik, DoubleDuck, and that fantasy-based adventure where Donald's a magician
>>
With everyone having such normal voices now, Donald's classic sounding voice stands out so much more now. I mean it wasn't such a big deal when his nephews sounded a little like him, so you could just say it's a duck thing, but now he's the only duck on the show who's voice sounds like a jammed vacuum cleaner motor. I wonder if that seems weird to anyone in-universe.
>>
>>93086019
Oh man, if they make even one reference like that, I'll be so happy.
>>
File: Reginella.jpg (26KB, 332x385px) Image search: [Google]
Reginella.jpg
26KB, 332x385px
>>93086019
>They somehow reference to Reginella, despite that adventure being dream/hallucination/maybe real?
How dope would that be?
>>
File: Donald is the Father!.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Donald is the Father!.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>93085943
>>93085963
Donald Duck just wants a quiet life and for his uncle to keel over so he can inherit his vast fortune.
>>
File: donald.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
donald.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>93085943
>>93085963

I always got the impression that a lot of Donald's adventures where not really intentional. He very much seems the kind of guy who just wants to go about his day but keeps getting dragged into all this crazy shit and at a certain point it became easier to just not fight it.
>>
File: 2a8mcnr.jpg (281KB, 440x620px) Image search: [Google]
2a8mcnr.jpg
281KB, 440x620px
>>93086042
Come get a taste!

https://youtu.be/t7pPhzCFjWA?t=278
>>
>>93086074
That's pretty much all of his adventures and misadventures summed up pretty well. No duck has ever worked so hard to take it easy.
>>
>>93086068
Actually, have there been any story regarding Scrooge's inheritance? He's an actual, living, misanthropic fuck who burns bridges with his family for quite some years, I wouldn't be surprised if his will is just "fuck all y'all bury me with my gold, no one else can own it."
>>
>>93086074
I get that impression to, the one difference being that he's actually good at being an adventurer even if he doesn't really like doing it. Like he may get scared and panic, but he knows how to knuckle down and get out of tight spots nonetheless. In the trailer we see him go all brave and use that shield to block a flame trap, that's the kind of thing I mean.

Because you can be good at something you don't necessarily enjoy doing. Donald may have a natural knack for adventuring even if he lacks the guts.
>>
Does anyone have a link to download the Paperinik comics? The link I have leads to that translator blog thing and most of their links are down.

I regret having never read the whole thing now, stopping at about issue 15 or something.
>>
File: pkna poster giant.jpg (230KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
pkna poster giant.jpg
230KB, 500x727px
>>93086053
"For the last time, you brats! I never dated an alien! I mean, we kissed once, it wasn't half-bad, got a burnt beak for my trouble, but otherwise, we never dated!"
>>
>>93086092
Good lord, what. Was that Wacko Warner he switched voices with?

I sometimes forget some of the weird shit Donald has been shoved into. Hey, remember when Donald was a ninja?
>>
>>93086108
Maybe perseverance and hard grit just runs in the family.

Now I kinda want to see adventures of Donald's mother, whose name I can't remember.
>>
>>93086127
>the paperinik reference ended with a confused Scrooge
>"I never had a skyscraper with a hidden AI inside of it"
>"Hang on"
>episode ends with Scrooge talking to a computer, saying "Hello, One."
>never referenced again after this
>>
>>93086105
One Rosa story Scrooge puts Donald and Gander to a test of finalcial wits to see who is worthy of his inheritance

Donald squanders the initial pot and comes off with a crate of cola.
Gander obviously succeeds with his luck, but his success causes Scrooge to lose on one of his own businesses, thus making Gander too potential of a threat to inherit. Instead he gets a comic publishing company, because those'll never succeed
Scrooge in the end is leaning towards giving his money to Huey Dewey and Louie.
>>
I just want a Quack Shot movie.
>>
>>93086152
>spoiler
always bet on the triplets
>>
File: Donald vs Scrooge.jpg (365KB, 975x990px) Image search: [Google]
Donald vs Scrooge.jpg
365KB, 975x990px
>>93086105
>Actually, have there been any story regarding Scrooge's inheritance? He's an actual, living, misanthropic fuck who burns bridges with his family for quite some years, I wouldn't be surprised if his will is just "fuck all y'all bury me with my gold, no one else can own it."

Scrooge constantly threatens Donald that he'll bequeath his inheritance to Gladstone (who he despises even more than Donald, but if he threatened to do so with the Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Donald wouldn't care) if Donald doesn't shape up and show him that he's got the grit, the gumption, and the gall to be a gazillionaire. He usually does this to con favors out of his "favorite" nephew.

And yes, Scrooge has a tendency to screw over his family (who he loves dearly) with his greed, in fact, the earliest encounter he ever had with Donald ended with him getting kicked in the keister for making the young duck's mother cry. Donald forgot all about it, but Scrooge never managed to let go of the humiliation and when reunited more than a decade later, he promptly returned the favor.
>>
>>93086179
Wow, I forget how much of a douche Scrooge was sometimes, but I guess they didn't name him Scrooge for nothing.
>>
>>93086179
Donald literally knows the right thing to do even before he can speak, what an absolute ledge

I love him and I want him to be happy.
>>
>>93086108

Here's the thing about being an adventure, you either get good or you die. There's really no middle ground.

Plus navy training. That's probably worth something.
>>
>>93086152
the punchline is that Gladstone gets comics company named Gladstone Publishing... which was at the time the comics company that published that very comic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladstone_Publishing
>>
File: The Old Days of Donald Duck.png (459KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
The Old Days of Donald Duck.png
459KB, 600x600px
>>93086201
The biggest tragedy of Donald Duck is that if he were a more selfish and less noble dude, he'd probably be a lot happier. Alas, he can't stop loving these folks that make his life so complicated and troublesome.
>>
>>93086215
That's a pretty meta joke.
>>
>>93086227
that very same comic has even more meta stuff with Donald reading a real life Mickey Mouse comic
>>
>>93086212
Donald is a great reluctant hero.

>>93086224
You don't normally expect a guys who's entire outward persona is "Loses temper, [ANGRY NOISES]" to have this kind of sadness behind him.
>>
Scrooge short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNdCFptI6k
>>
>>93086267
Jesus fuck, Disney, just make a Doctor Who cartoon.

Or have an episode titled "Scrooge Who"
>>
File: donald suit.jpg (308KB, 897x1200px) Image search: [Google]
donald suit.jpg
308KB, 897x1200px
Why is everything so angular?
Why does all the art look unfinished?
Why the disgusting faded pastel colors?

Why can't they even color inside the fucking lines?
>>
File: best doujin ever.png (186KB, 343x501px) Image search: [Google]
best doujin ever.png
186KB, 343x501px
>>93086278
>Scrooge is voiced by Doctor Who
It fits.
>>
>>93086267
Should've expected the evil triplet to mess with a time machine, Scrooge!
>>
>>93080406
Did you say Sora, Goofy and Donald too?
>>
>>93086306
Only way it can be better if it's voiced by the OTHER Scottish actor playing the Doctor.
>>
All the important voice actors from my country's original dub are dead.
Disney is going to do a shit job finding replacements like they do with everything else now.
Won't watch it.
>>
>>93086149
(DUO returns, kidnaps the gang, and is threatening Donald and Uno that he's going to torture those the Duck Avenger holds the most dear)

Donald: DUO! Do whatever you want with Launchpad, Webby, Louie, Huey, and Dewey...in that order-.
Launchpad: That's cold, DD.
Donald: -but please! Don't hurt my Uncle Scrooge! He means the world to me!
Scrooge: I do?
DUO: He does?
Donald: (nods furiously) I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if something were to happen to him. I owe him so much!
DUO: Is this true?
Scrooge: In-in a monetary sense, certainly.
Donald: He's taught me so much.
Scrooge: (nervously chuckles) No need to exaggerate, nephew.
Donald: I wouldn't be the hero I am today *that kicked your digital butt* if it weren't for him.
DUO: Really...
Scrooge: N-n-n-no! I have been a terrible influence on the boy!
Donald: In fact, he's less of an uncle to me and more of a...father figure.
Scrooge: Lies! Slander! Libel! I'm an abysmal role model. (DUO's goons start to drag Scrooge away) Don't listen to hi-!
(transmission cuts out)
Donald: Whew. That should buy the boys some time, Uno. Now let's go take that cyberspace sleeze back to the trash bin.
Uno: And save your uncle.
Donald: Yeah, yeah, whatever.
>>
>>93086306

I mean he's not really the first name to spring to mind when I think Scrooge but he seems to be doing an okay job
>>
File: Donald_before-and-after.png (1MB, 1193x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Donald_before-and-after.png
1MB, 1193x1524px
>>93086224
All this sad Donald talk made me think of this.
>>
>>93068044
>Tony Anselmo

Not for long, I expect him to replaced in season 2, that fucker has been pissing off the wrong people for far to long.
>>
Donald's life sort of speaks to my own these days.

Do I wish shit was better? Yes.
Am I what you'd traditionally call happy? No. Not remotely. But Im content. Im not miserable, Im not alone and if this is the worst it gets for me well than I think I can make do.
>>
>>93086479
Wait, what? What's he been doing?
>>
>>93068105
Is his aspect ratio fucked or what?
>>
rule34 when
>>
>>93080406
Well, I have always said Riri, Fifi, Loulou, so what does that make me?
>>
>>93086497
I'll give you a quick summation

>is an animator
>in the 80's
>stole hundreds of thousands of dollars of merchandise from the Disney vault and sold it to local collectable shops
>would literally walk in and out with a briefcase
>proceeded to brag about buying new cars and a house all cash
>Disney finds out after a big shot finds some merch that should not be in a shop at meltdown comics
>doesn't get fired because he's got dirt on who's gay at Disney being gay himself
>get's pushed into the cozy job of Donald Duck
>Has a high squeeky duck
>proceeds to make up some bullshit about Ducky Nash bequeathing him the role from his deathbed
>Thinks he is Donald Duck and fights with production all the fucking time giving him the reputation of being "difficult"
>The real reason is he blows at the voice and can't pronounce half his fucking words
>Something happened at Disney recently where there's a new guy doing Donald Duck
>Tony is being pushed out
>This means that the management he had dirt on is either gone or Disney no longer cares about people knowing most of the management is gay
>>
>>93086549
>stole hundreds of thousands of dollars of merchandise from the Disney vault
I mean you can stop at this and I'd understand, but he did even worse than that, fuck
>>
>>93086386
Due, or Two, not Duo.
>>
this reboot just kind of makes me wonder about the quack pack world, darkwingduck world, and the gooftroop world and how they could all intertwine.
>>
>>93086597
>If this does well we could get a DWD reboot
>>
>>93086604
what i want the most is the goofy world where he does all teh sports things with other goofys.
>>
>>93086583
Disney to their credit is very good at keeping secrets and if you aren't old enough to remember being gay in the 80's and 90's was not ok, it just wasn't especially when it came to kids stuff.

People that found out about this stuff would often try and get ransom money from Disney and sometimes they would, but Tony being inside just had nowhere to go but up.

He's the only animator left at Disney after they shut it down completely, so many people lost their jobs and yet somehow Tony who had been stealing from the company somehow made it into being Donald Duck.

Next time you go to con and meet an animator, ask them about Tony, they'll corroborate what I'm telling you.
>>
>>93086597
>>93086604
>Quack Pack, Duck tales, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop is set in one universe
>there's a TV movie special that's a crossover of all of them
Kinda feel bad Mickey's not in there, so maybe House of Mouse can be the framing set-up
>>
>>93086597
might happen, supposedly they're testing the waters with the Disney Afternoon game pack that was just released to see if it pulls numbers like the Ducktales game did.
>>
>>93086630

You know it's weird Micky never got a solo Disney afternoon show.
>>
File: lpgadget[1].jpg (82KB, 460x336px) Image search: [Google]
lpgadget[1].jpg
82KB, 460x336px
>>93086597
>>93086630
Don't forget, there was a one off joke in the DWD comics that shows Rescue Rangers is in the same world as well.
>>
>>93086647
Mickey can't carry his own show, that's why Goofy and Donald are his supporting cast and I know for Europeans this doesn't make any sense because he's a great detective in the comics but that's not true in America.
>>
>>93084867
And to think that it's only the pocket book version with only the essential knowledge within.
>>
What do you think the odds are of them slipping a Kingdom Hearts joke in there somewhere?
>>
>>93086656
The European Disney comic world seems to have a lot of interesting books where it's solo adventures of the usual "Disney Trinity". I'm more familiar with Donald's comics, but do Goofy has his own solo run as well?

And do European taste differ that much from Americans that the vast majority of those European comics never come stateside?
>>
>>93086670

Low. also fuck off you faggots are intolerable
>>
>>93086670
Squeenix would send their ninja assassins after the production team if they did that.
>>
>>93085997
Scrooge will always be a satellite character to Donald, one of the big main tree Disney characters. So there's nothing wrong if there's an entire magazine dedicated to Scrooge. It's not like he's really going to steal Donald's thunder.
>>
>>93086670
It's going to be really oblique. Maybe in the context of >>93086019 and it's really quick, too, like
>yeah, I used to drive ships made out of candy
And have it be part of his navy background, or something.
>>
>>93086670
I wouldn't mind a jab at that for a quick laugh.

>Donald does a pratfall into a wardrobe or something
>Comes out covered in weird clothes with a million zippers
>Scrooge: "Goodness, why all the zippers, lad? You'll never be able to find yer wallet in all those"
>Donald just gets annoyed and throws off all the zipper clothes.
>>
>>93086673
Nah, Goofy's a sidekick to Mickey in the European comics. If he is solo, it's always as either SuperGoof, or it's a two-page comedy short where Goofy's doing something goofy.
>>
File: cb014.jpg (494KB, 1600x1113px) Image search: [Google]
cb014.jpg
494KB, 1600x1113px
>>93086673
for Disney comics yeah, Mickey is a completely different character.

A lot of European stuff doesn't come stateside for various reason, and I'm lumping the UK into Europeans for this statement.

They're either to hyper violent or there's to much sex or there's simply to much risk to bring them over and now since comics don't really make any money there's even less reason to do so.

If Europeans wanna break into the American market it's better to do with a webcomic because there's almost no way to get a publisher to print your stuff.
>>
>>93086699
This, but change the line to "you'll never be able to find your keys."
>>
>>93086712

scene missing?
>>
>>93086712
>I'm lumping the UK into Europeans for this statement
Oh god I nearly forgot this momentous political event of 2016, fuck
>>
File: Pic002.png (502KB, 918x320px) Image search: [Google]
Pic002.png
502KB, 918x320px
>>93086252
>You don't normally expect a guys who's entire outward persona is "Loses temper, [ANGRY NOISES]" to have this kind of sadness behind him.

It's hereditary. There was 0% chance of him turning out any different considering what his parents were like.
>>
>>93086734
The Mysterious Crystal Ball

IDW has published some of the Mickey Mouse comics from Europe, this is one of them, feel free to download it.
>>
>>93086673
>I'm more familiar with Donald's comics, but do Goofy has his own solo run as well?
Mostly as Super Goof, otherwise he usually works better as a foil\support character.
Even the "Pippo Reporter" series(Goofy as reporter journalist in the '20s) is almost more a Minnie series than a Goofy one.

>And do European taste differ that much from Americans that the vast majority of those European comics never come stateside?

Euro-made Disney comics are basically a complete different beast than USA-made.
This because Europe keeps making comics even now, which results into an evolution of how the characters are written and perceived.

Which is not what Disney wants in the USA\not want publishers think it would work in the USA.

It also because, from what I gather from online forums and such, USA readers are kind of fixated on Continuity(especially Barks\Rosa) which... is not exactly the strong point of most European stories.
>>
>>93086647

Wasn't there a ban from using Mickey for the Disney Afternoon?
>>
>>93086752
The scottish temper with the American (?) fury, such a perfect combination
>>
Is Donald's middle name still Fauntleroy or did everyone forget that?
>>
>>93080287
I watched it as a kid and I was born in 97
>>
>>93086762
>Mostly as Super Goof
Super Goof is worth peanuts.
>>
>>93086779
Pretty sure everyone has forgotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDvpTMABOQ
>>
>>93086712
>I'm lumping the UK into Europeans for this statement
I mean, most 'European disney comics' remain in Mainland European languages, like Spanish or Italian, don't they? Do they even have that kind of thing in the UK?
>>
I hope this'll be good, and respectful to both original Ducktales and Don Rosa's stuff.
>>
>>93086767
Sort of, Disney more or less sat on their asses from the 70's - 90's until Mario of all things made them really nervous once he became more popular than Mickey.

So Disney made a bunch of new cartoons for an afternoon block but made an old Disney cartoon block as well for the mornings and weekends.

This would usually involve two teenagers, a boy and a girl, as bumpers to the cartoons traipsing around Disney Land giving a bit of history and then showing the original cartoons.

>>93086800
It was a general statement about Europen comics not Disney specifically, sorry that wasn't clear.
>>
>>93086673

Goofy has had solo comics as well. He's got a superhero identity and everything.

European comics are very, very different from American ones, there used to be almost no overlap in preferences. It has changed somewhat with the advent of the internet, but superhero comics used to be seen as immature drivel here and didn't sell other than to small children buying Spiderman at convenience stores. European comics generally are more cleverly written and focus on societal satire, deadpan, irony and other "higher" forms of humor. Most European comics are essentially sitcoms featuring "normal" people getting into absurd situations. A good American equivalent is Calvin and Hobbes, which has always been one of the most popular American comics here.

Duck comics are by far the most popular though, and far moreso than any American comic. In some European countries, the weekly Donald Duck used to be the biggest weekly magazine of any kind. But our stories are generally different from the American ones - most of them just feature Donald going about his daily life and getting into mundane, everyday situations, with no adventure or action going on. People would read the comics simply to relate to him. Mickey stories are usually police procedurals with common criminals being the villains. Goofy has more of an absurdist streak to his stories, more in line with the old cartoons. And Scrooge is far more of an abusive jerk in Europe and often plays the villain, but he still stars in adventure stories as well.
>>
>>93086815
That's not entirely true as Dennis The Menace and Peanuts were much more popular than Disney stuff for quite a while, obviously they're not anymore.
>>
>>93086840

Maybe like 50 years ago.
>>
File: tom_carbon1_plaatje2.jpg (277KB, 700x251px) Image search: [Google]
tom_carbon1_plaatje2.jpg
277KB, 700x251px
>>93086815
>and other "higher" forms
>>
>>93086840
>Peanuts were much more popular than Disney stuff
You mean Snoopy?
>>
>>93086876
Is there a difference?
>>
>>93086859
Man, I bet I have to understand the intricacies of EU bureaucracy and the complexities of mainland European cultural interchange to understand this one!
>>
>>93086881
It's just a snide to the thing that in Europe, Peanuts was considered to be "that comic about that dog on the roof, with also a secondary cast of human characters we sometimes see". The comics themselves were called Snoopy.

Its kind of funny when you compare it to how the comics was originaly written.
>>
>>93086915
Interesting
>>
File: urb165.png (457KB, 690x505px) Image search: [Google]
urb165.png
457KB, 690x505px
>>93086901
It's Tom Carbon. It's just a few step above Urbanus. (well, okay, it might be way above Urbanus. I don't want to insult Tom Carbon either)
>>
>>93069422
bruh...
>>
>>93069422
That ain't thicc. That is swole and HUGE.
>>
This is a little off topic, but since we're talking about Donald, I just want to mention that as a kid one of my favorite things ever was seeing Donald Duck and Daffy Duck interact in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It blew my mind seeing them together since I knew they were from totally different worlds, and even as a kid I thought they played off each other so well. It's a shame big studios don't come together like this more often, this little scene made me so happy as a kid.
>>
>>93068105
Why is he EXTRA THICC now?
>>
>>93087119
Fat acceptance.
>>
>>93087099
We could do with another JLA/Avengers Crossover like we used to get from time to time, or just Spider-Man or Batman guest starring in another book.

We did get Batman and TMNT which was cool
>>
File: donna.jpg (68KB, 365x341px) Image search: [Google]
donna.jpg
68KB, 365x341px
>>93086752
Don Rosa's Donald rarely loses his temper though, he's more of a straight, cynical man.

Not dissing THE DON but I always found that a little weird.
>>
>>93087196
>Not dissing THE DON
I wonder if there's any singular writer as famous as Don Rosa for the European comics. Judging by the fact that my Asian country got Life and Times translated, I imagine Life and Times is also super popular in Europe?
>>
>>93086152
>Gander obviously succeeds with his luck, but his success causes Scrooge to lose on one of his own businesses, thus making Gander too potential of a threat to inherit. Instead he gets a comic publishing company, because those'll never succeed

I think the last thing you want to give Gladstone is something to gain from your death
>>
>>93087313
Very. Whenever they want to sell more issues they put a big sticker on the cover which says "Don Rosa comic inside!"

Annoyingly they split up the stories into several parts to milk it out. Some chapters of Life and Times took 4 different issues to cover, which sucked because the only way to get the parts you missed back then was to go visit the one comic book store in your worthless nation and dig around the library.
>>
>>93068022
>Life is like a hurricane here in… modern-day America
>>93068105
Dayum at this point he-who-must-not-be-named must be praying for impeachment
>>
>>93087422
>Very. Whenever they want to sell more issues they put a big sticker on the cover which says "Don Rosa comic inside!"

This varies A LOT depending on the country, though- most people don't know about Rosa, in Italy.
Scarpa, Carpi, Martina, Cavazzano are much more known than him.
>>
>>93087566
Knowing continental europe had all these cool Donald Duck comics make me want to learn one of the languages so I can read them.

If I can only choose one language, which should I learn? Italian, yeah?
>>
File: Dagens-stripp_Hge_B647.jpg (159KB, 1080x329px) Image search: [Google]
Dagens-stripp_Hge_B647.jpg
159KB, 1080x329px
>>93086901
No, this comic requires five years of European History college studies to fully grasp.

>Offseason meeting in the sticks.
>Moose: G'day!
>>
>>93068022
>Life is like a hurricane here in… modern-day America.

Why would Disney-?

>ew.com

Oh. Wow. Someone was bitter about how any supposed impeachment fluff didn't Comey a little bit closer.
>>
>>93088371
oh good, more politics

why don't we talk about DUP
>>
File: Sport Goofy.png (330KB, 873x653px) Image search: [Google]
Sport Goofy.png
330KB, 873x653px
Will Sport Goofy make a return?
>>
>>93087566
I'm talking 20 years back, times are probably different now. He hasn't made a comic in over a decade, after all.
>>
>>93087422
>>93089085
>>93087313

Here in Norway 20 years ago, Don Rosa was such a superstar that every single kiosk and convenience store in the country stocked his comics - in hardcover format, and with the colouring redone to be as detailed as the A-list superhero comics of today(sadly you can't find scans of those online). Even local grocery stores way out in the countryside.

Also, over one in four Norwegians bought the weekly Donald Duck magazine every week.
>>
>>93068125
What's the bet part of this guy's schtick is trying to get the Junior Woodchuck's guidebook so he can make an electronic version?
>>
>>93087313
He visited Sweden some decade and a half ago, just to sign books. He did no marketing whatsoever. And proceeded to fill a mall with a thousand-strong waiting line.
>>
>>93089761
The whole concept of the guidebook feels redundant now that we have the internet.
I'm honestly suprised they did not replace it with a tablet in this short.

I could see it as a potnetial conflict for an episode.
Guidebook vs The Internet.
>>
>>93068022
>>93068029
>>93068044
>>93068050
>>93068066
>>93068078
>>93068091
>>93068105
>>93068125
>>93068262
Thumbs up. I'm waiting for August.
>>
>>93090438

The show might not take place in the present day. Granted, it's clear it doesn't take place in the 50s like Don Rosa's stories do, but it might take place in the 80s/90s, before the internet. Maybe even the year the original Ducktales aired, for pottery.
>>
>>93090912
Nephews clothes give off sort of 90's wibe. Especially Louie's hoodie.
Sure, not the peak internet era, but its still something to consider.
>>
>>93090912
They are explicitly using a SatNav in the first trailer.
>>
>>93068621
why did the mods delete this post?
>>
>>93086649
That was just a gag, I think. It doesn't make any sense, otherwise, given what we know about the Rescue Rangers world.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.