[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouldn't someone with superstrength also have superspeed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 1369404280126.jpg (711KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1369404280126.jpg
711KB, 700x1050px
Shouldn't someone with superstrength also have superspeed due to their superhuman muscles?
>>
File: Final_Fight_Haggar.png (299KB, 421x750px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fight_Haggar.png
299KB, 421x750px
That's not how muscle works.
>>
File: 1407533812812.jpg (84KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
1407533812812.jpg
84KB, 600x825px
>>93065218
Tell that to Batman. Did some muscle training and suddenly he has peak-human strength and speed.
>>
>>93065246
Batman is a mary sue
>>
File: 1489683500774.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489683500774.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>93065110
>world's strongest man is world's fastest man
>>
File: mark henry wearing a hat.png (267KB, 456x617px) Image search: [Google]
mark henry wearing a hat.png
267KB, 456x617px
>>93065110
>World's Fastest Man
>>
>>93065277
he never even won WSM
>>
>>93065110

Well, to a certain extent, yes. Citing your own example, the Hulk can clear incredible distances in seconds by jumping miles and miles at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzceykTiwjs

It's not especially graceful, but his powerful legs can propel him forward with tremendous velocity this way.
>>
>>93065110

The best you can do is have someone so strong they can propel themselves as if they weighed less and/or relied on momentum to descend faster.

This is why those with super strength but are also not meat mountains have that added bonus of being fast while big, big guys are slower.
>>
>>93065110
Not necessarily, because you might be able to lift a ton but move slow while doing it
On the other hand, someone who has superspeed should have at least some degree of superstrength, because moving your body that fast would require a lot of force to propel you along.
>>
>>93065406
Pretty sure if he tried, Hulk could hyperdash gorilla-style.
>>
>>93065597
Quicksilver/flash physics and hulk physics really blend together... like the hulk if I remember correct almost moves fast enough to be either A) not seen or B) make mirror images of him self.

That said. Quick silver/flash do all kinds of thines like in the cmon movie quicksilver throws people huge distances. I my self cart really throw a person very well... so how does he do it a hundred yards?

Also, don't speedsters exude frictionless something something to make so they don't ignite on fire basically? Amount other attributes?
>>
Abomination was shown running fast than fuck in the Hulk movie
>>
>>93065110
> cheetahs
> Super bulky

> elephants
> like the wind
>>
>>93065110
shouldn't someone who gets bitten by a radioactive spider FUCKING DIE?
>>
>>93065110
Where is that
>My sped is far greater, so I have already won
image when I need it?
>>
I've always thought that there should be one character with super strength that looks emaciated, simply because he never exerts himself due to his own super-strength.
>>
>>93065110
Hulk actually does have low level super speed. But he destroys most everything he runs on.
>>
>>93066118
Flashpoint superman was like that.
>>
It's proportionate. Can someone lift many times their own weight. Like. If someone weighs 300lbs and can lift 800 lbs. no they probably can't run faster than normal.

Someone like hulk who weighs like 800lbs when calm-ish but can still lift 80+ tons. Then yes. The Hulk can run super fast.

Look at Civil War. Cap and Bucky can lift around a ton each. Cap probably more. And since they weigh around 200lbs. They can run about 40 miles an hour. Which is about 12 mph faster than the fastest human. But less than a cheetah.
>>
>>93065110
Not to mention Hulk's far superior stride, since he's enormous, so yes I'd say he's probably incredibly fast. Which I think he's usually portrayed as, if the Hulk is charging you then you're in a bad spot.
>>
>>93065246
Peak, not super
>>
>>93065649
>Also, don't speedsters exude frictionless something something to make so they don't ignite on fire basically? Amount other attributes?
speedforce whatever
>>
>>93065246
Batman has the perfect balance of speed and strength muscles.
There is a difference between the kind of muscle Bruce lee had and what peak Schwarzenegger had.

Also he has trained reflexes, maybe he doesn't move as fast, but starts moving first.
>>
>>93067318
But he said peak.
>>
>>93065218
Really? If you have strength beyond what the size of your muscles suggests then...yeah, you'd be fast. Because you don't have muscles big enough to weigh you down.
>>
>>93065110
Well the Hulk can pick up pretty incredible momentum letting him move faster than a lot of heroes.
>>
File: Frodo.jpg (55KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
Frodo.jpg
55KB, 400x399px
>>93065110
shouldn't they also burn energy like crazy and need a regular calorie input of 1m an hour?
>>
>>93065110
I'm no doctor or anything, but I think there are different types of muscles. There are fast-twitch muscles, made of long, thin fiber bundles, which are low power but fast acting. And there are slow-twitch muscles, made of short, thick fiber bundles, which are high power but slower. I think fast-twitch muscles usually manifest more as lean muscle mass, while slow-twitch muscle look bulkier. That's why body-builders and sprinters look different, even though their bodies are both optimized for their respective activities.
>>
>>93065110
it wouldnt look like super speed, in the sense that they run and react super fast

it would be more like inhumanly fast sprinting, or leaping tall buildings in a single bound, but nothing like the flash or even quicksilver

the hulk would have an impressive gait, but only by leaping or by ape walking, he wouldnt have the "running like a blur" look
>>
>>93067519
Not if they eat plutonium
>>
Square-cube law. When you're that big, it takes even more energy to move at a regular speed.
>>
>>93067544
I don't disagree with what you said, but body-builders are a bad example: they train for volume, not for optimal strength.

>>93067714
With Hulk's strength even if he weighted a ton his own body would feel like a feather to move. We're talking about super strength after all, you can't just think the relation between weight and superstrength it's the same than the one between weight and "normal" strength.
>>
>>93065110
Potentially but muscle generally has very little to do with being a good runner, a person with strong muscles would be able to move faster but keeping up that speed would require stamina which they may not necessarily have.
>>
File: jyKRI4p.jpg (225KB, 728x1161px) Image search: [Google]
jyKRI4p.jpg
225KB, 728x1161px
you need some seriously segmented bones to be super fast
>>
>>93065110
not necessarily, strength is the maximum amount of force a muscle can contract with, whereas speed is more about how quickly it can exert that force . example, Louis Cyr was the strongest man in history, and reportedly lifted 4337 pounds at a weight of about 400, while he was apparently surprisingly fast for his size, he would still be unable to outpace Usain Bolt.
>>
File: 939-c[1].jpg (25KB, 200x307px) Image search: [Google]
939-c[1].jpg
25KB, 200x307px
>>93065649
>like the hulk if I remember correct almost moves fast enough to be either A) not seen or B) make mirror images of him self.
N-Nani!?
>>
thought it was something to do with power =\= strength (and =\= endurance)
like you would train differently if you wanted to be better in either aspect (high weight, low rep for strength) and so being strong doesn't necessarily mean being fast
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.