[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Batman has 7 comics about him or the Batfamily >There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1459216201891.png (347KB, 278x453px) Image search: [Google]
1459216201891.png
347KB, 278x453px
>Batman has 7 comics about him or the Batfamily
>There are around 5 superman comics
>Even 2 GL comics that ship often
>There is only One Flash comic
Someone explain this to me. If The Flash is DC 2nd or 3rd most popular superhero right now, why only one comic that only ships monthly?
>>
Titans is a Flash book.
>>
>>93056773
By that logic so is every team up book that happens to have a speedster in it.
Wally gets a bit more time than the other titans but not by much, it is still a team up book.
>>
>>93056701
Flash has an ongoing TV serial.

Batman doesn't, but his rouges do.
Superman doesn't, but makes appearances on his cousin's.
GL doesn't.
>>
>>93056701
>If The Flash is DC 2nd or 3rd most popular superhero right now

He isnt.

He will never be as popular as superman
>>
>>93056701
The Flash is the 2nd or 3rd most popular DC hero right now?

Huh. Historically speaking, He hasn't been as popular as Superman and Batman, so there's that.

They've been popular for decades.
>>
>>93056701
Wonder Woman only has one ongoing book right now
Sensation Comics and SM/WW were both running concurrently with the main book for a little while but both of those books are gone
>>
>>93056998
>Batman

I think you mean Owlman
>>
>>93056701
He's not, his book is selling well because it's where the Watchmen shit has been popping up.
>>
>>93057134
I haven't been watching Gotham - did they hint at Owlman?
>>
>>93057182
There's been hints that Gotham is actually an Owlman origin and that's why the show is so out of whack with regular Batman continuity
>>
>>93057199
Shit. I can't find time to pick up Gotham but I want to now.
>>
>>93057270
You have to look at the show through a special lens, that lens being campy 1960's Batman, if you go in expecting it to be serious or meaningful you're not going to like it.
>>
Batman has:

Batman
All-Star Batman

He co-stars with others in:
Detective Comics
Justice League
Justice League of America
Trinity

Batman, JL and 'Tec have been around for decades. Trinity is just a modern World's Fiest, also around for decades.

Having the second JL book and the second solo title is actually pretty restrained for DC.
>>
>>93057299
>you have to look at the show through the lens of 1960's batman

But it's officially categorized as a crime drama...
>>
Because DC upper management is afraid of Wally and he's the only other one who could carry a book.
>>
>>93057352
it isn't, it's very hammy and campy, it's like classifying Roger Moore's James Bond as a crime drama, while technically true that isn't the case at all.
>>
Not everything needs a spinoff.

>>93057382
I don't think you understand what camp is.
>>
>>93057382
>very campy

Is there shark repellant?

Is there a bat-copter?

Does the Joker have a flower that shoots regular water instead of acid, or poison?

Is there literally any "camp" aspect to it? If something is "campy", it's using bad taste on purpose to seem ironic or parody. Gotham is played completely straight.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.