[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a worse villain. Starr is the biggest weakness in Preacher.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: HerrStarr.jpg (316KB, 649x580px) Image search: [Google]
HerrStarr.jpg
316KB, 649x580px
Name a worse villain.

Starr is the biggest weakness in Preacher. From maybe the second appearance there is never any sense of threat when he's on the scene.
>>
Nah, the art is the biggest weakness of Preacher.
>>
File: cassfuck.png (473KB, 524x559px) Image search: [Google]
cassfuck.png
473KB, 524x559px
>>93052338
I like the artstyle. It's different and kinda weird. Fits Preacher's tone great.
>>
>>93052338
Dillon only gets bad towards the middle/end of Preacher and Glenn Fabry's covers more than make up for it.
>>
>>93052317
Was he ever supposed to be a threat? I always thought he was the comic relief and part of the joke was his own over-inflated sense of self-importance.
>>
>>93052317
That was the point, yeah? He was a joke of a baddie and every time there was a fight he got another chunk took out of him. After two fights he was a walking dickhead.
>>
>>93052317
Jesse being Constanine without the self-loathing and guilt was the biggest weakness in Preacher.
>>
It would be more productive to list things that weren't the weakest part of Preacher.
>>
>>93052662
>>93052694
That would be fine if it followed through, but it doesn't. War in the Sun makes the Grail critical to basically the entire second half of the series and Starr is the ultimate threat that kills Jesse (even if it is partly divine intervention). Like, read the Starr mini. Look at how he's portrayed in that. How he's shown in the series doesn't gel with how he's treated as a threat at all - for one thing he's supposed to be competent.
>>
>>93052717
Constantine is Southern?

>>93052752
lol, fuck off
>>
>>93052774
I'll give you that his mini is off and doesn't fit with the rest of the series. Personally, I ignore the mini for that reason. As for Starr and the Grail being important? They aren't. War in the Sun has the Saint of Killers and God himself being the threat. Starr, the Grail, and the US Military are just fluff and icing. And Starr didn't really kill Jesse. Like you said, it was once again God fucking around with everyone.
>>
>>93052409
Yeah, Salvation is where I remember Dillon fully transitioning into what became more commonly know as his style
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.