[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie cost them $60,000,000 to make and they didn'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

This movie cost them $60,000,000 to make and they didn't even make back half of their budget. It was a failure on all fronts, but why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ob59YTTTqs
>>
>>93048651
Because some film studio in China fucked them over as an act of revenge
>>
Bookaboo is better
>>
>>93048715
That wouldn't have made it bomb in the US, or in Europe.
>>
>>93048758
Did it ever get advertised in the US? The only place I ever saw it mentioned was /co/.
>>
>>93048651
I'm gonna guess it's because this is the first I've ever heard of it and it's probably the same for most people.
>>
>>93048798
It did on Nick, but not for a while.
>>
>>93048651
animation is better than I thought. Trailer made the movie look trashy desu
>>
>>93048651

that fox have weird voice.
>>
Animated movies are an easy way to launder money because everyone expects them to be expensive to make and they flop all the time so no one is going to bother investigating where the money is going.
>>
>>93048883
She's voiced by Mae Whitman.
>>
>>93048934
>She

OH!
>>
>>93048798
I saw 'one' trailer when I went to the movies. I don't even remember what movie it was.
>>
sad.
>>
>>93049388
She only got, like, five minutes of screen-time in the movie. They only gave that character a poster because she is literally the only female character in it. I'm not even lying.
>>
>>93049465

i know, i also know the movie is meh, save for the cat it has nothing."famous" director cant save such thing.
>>
>>93048651
I can't help but think that it would have been neat if this took place in the same universe as Zootopia.
>>
>>93049850

the premise is awfully similar, i'm kinda sick of people who compare every furry cartoon or movie to that disney blockbuster.
Robin Hood did it first, not Zoot.
>>
>>93049926
Sorry, man. Zootopia was just really good.
>>
Haven't heard of this movie at all unlike Zootopia. Not even furries are talking about it. Maybe they forgot that some of the budget was meant to be used to advertise?
>>
>>93048715
What's the story?
>>
>>93048896
...shit, I think he's onto something.
>>
>>93049998
It came out in theaters back in February.
>>
>captain underpants was made with better animation and like half the budget
>>
>>93048651
>60$
>heard of it so little, assumed it was some sort of cash-in/knock-off with a couple of mil in budget tops
Wow, how big of a trainwreck was this? Even fucking Norm of the North had more hype than this.
>>
File: WANT.jpg (11KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
WANT.jpg
11KB, 321x322px
>>93049593
>>93049388
>>
>>93048651

Because the premise, the animation and most of the character designs are bad/mediocre. Not to add the actual movie is bad and it's really hard to get into a kids movie if you don't advertise it well aswell.

if you saw their twitter advertisement post you would cringe, they're absolutely horrible intern tier.
>>
>>93050115
I watched both it and Lego Batman in February. I enjoyed Rock Dog more. It felt far more genuine.
>>
>>93048651
>Rock Dog
>[adjective] dog
It's like they wanted people to think it's some sort of cheap kiddy garbage.
>>
>>93050163

But people know what a Lego Batman is, so people are going to see it. No one knows what a Rock Dog is, so people don't want to see it.

People don't know what a Zootopia is, but it's Disney so it's guaranteed to make $$$$$$$$$$$.
>>
>>93048651
>fur shit
>looks like shit

I'm glad it bombed desu
>>
>>93050261
It's called Rock Dog because that was the name of the comic is was adapted from.
>>
>>93048651
It's a story about wanting to be something that your parents refuse because they want to you to take up the family heritage and the father accepts the main character in the end and we've already seen this movie countless times
>>
>>93050303
ummm wtf i didnt type desu i typed desu >.<
>>
Because we already had two other major "anthro animal" movies in recent times. Some random shit from a chinese studio wasn't going to compete with Disney and Illumination.
>>
File: 1487164805304.png (273KB, 270x551px) Image search: [Google]
1487164805304.png
273KB, 270x551px
>>93050261
>dog movies
>kiddie garbage
>>
>>93048651
Because it looked, and probably is, really bad. It's that simple anon.
>>
>>93050303
>le ebin furry hate maymay

XDD

SIMPLY EBIN MY FELLOW ANONYMOUS /B/RO
>>
>>93049957
story could be better, ripping off CDD was such a weak move.
>>
>>93048651
>>
>>93050382
They should make a movie where the kid wants to be an artist, runs away, gets exploited, addicted to substances, becomes a bum and finally comes home to understanding parents. That would do a lot more good.
>>
>>93050060

And it flopped
>>
>>93048651
It's a shame, it was really cute and one of the best films this year IMO.
>>
>>93050163

Haven't seen Lego Batman so can't comment, but Lego Batman is probably at least funny to multiple crowds. Sure in a way it's a cash in with less heart, but Rock Dog is ultimately shallow and a bad movie. Also both movies have people who put their heart and care into them, to conclude if one has more than the other is silly.

>>93050290

Also has to do with advertising. Even if it was a terrible mess of a movie, if it had decent advertisement campaigns for the target audience it would get butts in seats. Theirs brand presence sure, but you can hype a mediocre product to unbelievable levels with proper advertising and viral marketing.

Not hating on furries, but probably the vast majority of people who had any interest in seeing it were probably them, else than that I doubt anyone knew it existed.
>>
Because there's only one character on that poster I wanna fuck
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.