[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel as if they ruined Steven's character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_4112.png (310KB, 845x482px)
IMG_4112.png
310KB, 845x482px
Does anyone else feel as if they ruined Steven's character arc by revealing Rose didn't do it?
>>
>>93045560
Technically the accusation was that it was impossible for Rose to have killed a diamond like that, that killing such a being must have been an inside job.
>>
>>93045560
He was being a real dumbass about it and calling her a war criminal and blaming everything that went wrong on her

If it turns out it was actually Pearl who did it, and he has to deal with the fact that one of the women who actually raised him was responsible, that could actually improve his character arc.
>>
File: Cookie_cat.jpg (21KB, 298x244px) Image search: [Google]
Cookie_cat.jpg
21KB, 298x244px
>Rose instead of being a soldier who had to kill someone in a war for the freedom of the gems instead did absolutely nothing wrong and was just a perfect little martyr
Really competent writing going on here

So glad Jasper's reason for hating the crystal gem's is gone so she can have her memebarn style redemption arc.
>>
>>93045619
if it actually does end up being pearl i feel like itd be the best possible twist the story could give us at this point, because with how reactionary steven is and how pearl attracts drama with severe emotional baggage it could lead to one hell of an episode since theres no way to bullshit their way past the ramifications of steven finding out after all the shit hes already been through and all the opportunities she had to tell him
>>
>>93045619
Still, it seems implausible that Pearl would just go on letting him think his mother was a murderer. I think she would have come clean by now if that was the case. Unless she doesn't actually remember doing it for some reason.
>>
none of the good guys ever seem to face consequences on SU, which is weird because most of the gems have done some fucked up shit.
>>
>>93045590
This. I mean, if she didn't do it, then why didn't she tell the Pearl and the others that she didn't do it?

The question has gone from being "Did she do it" to "Why does she want people to think that it was her, and how did she do it?"
>>
>>93045713
Just think about the face he'd make.
>>
>>93045560
Yes. If rose didn't do it and it turns out that PD's death was a plot by the diamonds all along then that means rose as a character is the pinnacle of good morality, whose never done or can do anything wrong, is perfect in every way and someone everyone loves except for homeworld gems but only because she was framed.
>>
waiting for the golgo 13 twist to happen.

pink can't handle the expectations of the other diamonds so she organizes her suicide by assassination.
>>
File: IMG_1905.jpg (74KB, 750x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1905.jpg
74KB, 750x701px
>>93045765
Rebecca's standard "upset" face
>>
>>93045560
100% yes,

SU hooked me on the idea that we would see a story about a naïve boy raised by a deadbeat hippie and an overbearing cuck slowly come to terms with the fact that his late, millitant, anarchist mother clashes with his pacifist world view and change into a person with a better understanding of the world than most of SU's fanbase. But if that isn't where the seires is going than i might want to get off this ride.
>>
>>93045834
That's what I am talking about.
>>
No.

Rose still did shit like bubbling Bismuth, not revealing stuff like the immortal lion she created as well as generally being ignorant about the humans she was saving etc.

SU fans have a tendency to ignore the finer details. Worst example of this is Sadie's song where some people thought the episode was about Steven wearing a dress instead of Sadie's relationship with her mother.
>>
>>93045560
If rose didnt do it im dropping the show. Im sorry thats just really shitting writing.
>>
>>93045741
idk man i think pearl getting permanently cucked is a pretty powerful punish
>>
>>93045560
Things are way too damn unclear for now to judge, While she didn't do it, she isn't denying it either, which just makes this whole thing into a mess. Further episodes will hopefully shed more light on this, but we need to wait for another 39 years for that.
>>
>>93045560
I can *kinda* see why people would be upset that Rose may be absolved of this murder charge, but that doesn't mean she's a pretty perfect pink paragon at the end of the day. All we know for sure now is that the other Diamonds (except for Blue) covered up what really happened.

Rose *still* has burdens to bear, killing or no killing. Because she ultimately still has to have had a hand in the event. She started the rebellion. Even under the banner of freedom, her actions as a leader got gems on both sides shattered, imprisoned and mutated she bubbled an ally and lied to the rest of her 'army' about what happened to Bismuth. Even if Pink's death was a frame up, she still set into motion the events that escalated a rebellion into a *war*. Maybe Pink's death was a direct effect from Rose not backing down when she could have pursued compromise. She didn't stab PD but that's still damning on a lesser level. Even if she has, say, a Batman no-kill policy, deaths and mutations and corruptions still happened during her watch.

Rose was never perfect. Despite her sense of morality, she made hard choices, ones where *nobody* came out on top and probably still made wrong choices along the way. She had to live with them for *centuries* while trying to pick up the pieces of her fallen comrades.

If Greg and the other CGs painted her up as a something more pure to Steven, for one, it was out of love, but for another it's because they know that they couldn't have done what she had to do as a leader, and this admiration lent itself into how they introduced her memory to her only child.
>>
>>93045560
I still think Rose must've done it, or been involved in some way. It would be really terrible writing otherwise.
>>
>>93046124
alright pearl gets a pass, but the rest of them are still fucked up.
>>
>>93045560
They ruined Steven's character arc by having Steven stupidly assume Rose did it, despite Zircon only pointing out what we were already told by the show. Also, even if Rose did it, the Diamonds had no idea who steven was, and despite knowing there were some surviving Crystal Gems they gave no shits and were waiting for the cluster emerging to wipe them out. A lot of time they had bought to solve an upcoming problem has just been blown away. Steven, in his efforts to stop a problem that did not exist, has created the very problem he intended to stop.

Seriously, Rose's sword is not giant and can't shatter any gem. A giant sword that can shatter a diamond was used. Steven is fucking retarded and as a result has drawn the attention of Homeworld, something that had anything from Decades to Centuries to plan for when Homeworld noticed the cluster wasn;t waking up. Now they don't care. Now they are hunting Steven. Now it is all Steven's fault.
>>
Didn't Eyeball say she saw PD get shattered when they were on the Moon?
Was Eyeball in on it?
>>
This show is fucking retarded, Rose should have been trialed for being the leader of a rebellion not because of murdering Pink Diamond.
>>
>>93045560
I keep seeing this image and I'm still not sure, did they actually make an Eva reference?
And if so, how is it?
>>
>>93046266
No, that's just Eyeball being retarded. She didn't realise it wasn't Jasper but noticed the different coloration. Now think about what would happen if the Gem who impersonated Rose Quartz was PINK.
>>
>>93046348
id think assassinating a political leader would take priority over a dinky rebellion
>>
>>93046244
They'll still think Steven is on homeworld, tho.
>>
>>93045741

Don't even get me started on Lapis/Jasper bullshit.

>Jasper forces Lapis to be her slave.
>Abuses the shit out of Lapis and uses her to get to Steven.
>Then rapes (fuses) with Lapis.
>Lapis then makes the ultimate sacrifice by dragging Jasper to the bottom of the ocean so that Jasper can never harm again.

>But it's Lapis's fault because she apparently did "bad" things to a gem who was hell bent on killing everyone and showed no remorse to anyone either.
>>
>>93046417
There should be no trial for killing a leader just death, a trial should be for causing a rebellion.
>>
>>93046535
Almost none of that is true or is selectively dishonest.
>Lapis just came back from earth so of course, let's use her as an informant.
>Lapis misinformed everyone to protect Steven so let's throw her ass in jail.
>Ok, shit's looking pretty bad now but we can still salvage this mission if I fuse with Lapis and...oh hey! she agrees.
>Lapis then proceeds to drag them under water for months and months in an attempt to protect Steven (and let's be honest, only Steven).

She never
>forced lapis to be her slave
>Abuses the shit out of Lapis and uses her to get to Steven

And if we're talking Rape, Lapis was practically in control the entire time.
>>
We don't know that Rose didn't do it.

We only know that, some way, somehow, the actual way Pink Diamond died was covered up.
>>
>>93045793
Homeworld would still hate her for being a filthy rebel who cost them a colony. But obviously much less than when she was the killer of Pink Diamond.

Still, Rose kept up the idea that she killed Pink Diamond even to her closest friends. Even if there is a Diamond conspiracy, Rose could've still had a major hand in PD's death.

Or maybe Pink Diamond really is Rose.
>>
>>93046668
>biting bait
>>
>>93046473
For how long, and for how long until they go after the CGs on Earth over it?
>>
>>93046244
>Steven stupidly assume Rose did it.
>Eyeball says she witnessed it.
>Garnet and Pearl show a clear reaction to the mention and later confirm to Steven that Rose did do it.

Why wouldn't Steven think Rose didn't kill PD before Zircon's facts about the events? The sword doesn't matter since Steven just assumed that Rose used a Breaking Point. And Steven turned himself in to prevent his friends from being sent to the zoo.
>>
>>93046590
blue zircon made it clear why there was a trial

rose murdering pd didnt make sense

the trial was to figure out how rose killed pd because bd had doubts and killing the person who claims to have done it doesnt give you the answers you seek

yd obviously doesnt care or isnt in the same boat of wanting answers
>>
>>93046266
She saw it with her own eye according to her.

There is the possibility that a gem impersonated Rose, but this doesn't change the fact that Rose embraced being the killer of PD.
>>
>>93046816
Homeworld probably has off world warp pads and spacecraft on lockdown. As long as Homeworld remains ignorant of Lars' pocket dimension, they have no reason to think he isn't still on the planet.
>>
>>93046870
Because the person that told him Rose did said it was with a Giant Sword, and Rose's Sword can;t shatter normal gems so a Diamond is right out.

Steven basically has zero facts on which to draw a conclusion. Rose may have been involved but there is zero chance she acted alone and not a single one of her weapons were involved.
>>
>>93046983
No. Eyeball said she remembered Rose's sword more than she remembered her shield (hence why she rejected Steven's claims of being Rose just because of the shield). She said nothing about the sword being used to kill PD. PD being killed with a sword didn't come up until the trial.

Until the trial, the only fact that Steven had based on Eyeball and the Crystal Gems statements is that Rose killed Pink Diamond. Nothing more or less.
>>
>>93045888
Amen, Trips of god. Amen.
>>
>>93045560
>pink diamond liked earth and actually sided with rose
>other diamonds wouldn't listen, rose helps her fake her death to get their attention
>diamonds "unexpectedly" (rose and pink aren't too bright) sperg the fuck out, and pink diamond gets corrupted by their death ray
>yellow diamond finds out the truth from pink's entourage
>has them bubbled away because she can't deal with her guilt and doesn't want blue to suffer the truth
>pink's corrupted gem is locked away in rose's chest
>Steven will heal her and end the war
>>
>>93045726
Perl has done a lot of weird shit over the course of the series, after all. This is nothing new come to think of it. This would be the best case scenario, really, But you're giving the writers too much credit.
>>
>>93045560
No, I do not feel that way.
>>
>>93045560

Anyone who thought Rose killed the Pink Diamond was a retard, obviously Rose didn't kill Pink Diamond, she simply changed her body with one of her soldiers and pretended a murder plot to win the war.
>>
>>93047384
>Anyone who thought Rose killed the Pink Diamond was a retard

Now you know that's not true because clearly the show wanted to set up that conclusion
>>
>>93045560
Haven't watched SU in awhile but know enough to jump into deeper lore plots. What episode/s is this? The filler in SU is too unbearable to sift through.
>>
>>93047688
One of the filler episodes: Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service

There is some plot relevance though since Steven spends the episode practicing using his dreamwalking powers and was pretty much able to do it on command
>>
>>93046154

>ones where *nobody* came out on top

Except, you know, the entire organic population of the Earth.
>>
File: 1470472020755.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470472020755.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
>>93045560
Steven's arc was coming to terms with the fact that as a leader you have to make tough choices. That in war, you can't win over everyone.
Rose shattering PD or not doesn't change the fact that she imprisoned Bismuth and lied about it to avoid her toxic ideology from spreading through the ranks. And it doesn't change Steven's own growth after failing to save Jasper and having to fling Eyeball into space.

Also, we don't know the full details about how PD's shattering went down.
We do know for sure that Rose, or at least someone that looked like her, got up close to PD without anyone stopping her, attacked her with her sword, and PD shattered.
The last two DON'T have to be cause and effect. Rose could have attacked and then something else shattered PD. Either way, Rose took responsibility for it.
Hell, I'd say it's even more intriguing if she didn't want to shatter PD and had to shoulder it for the greater good. Despite the war, PD was still Rose's Diamond and she probably still had strong feelings for her like Jasper did.
>>
>>93047107
>Pink Diamond is alive.

I honestly thought Lion was a corrupted diamond / shard until the whole pink zombie fiasco.

I still imagine Pink Diamond is alive, solely because the writers need a patsy for Steven to talk-no-jutsu into ending the war. Calling it now, White Diamond is another misunderstood villain and only Pink Diamond can talk them down (with Steven's help of course.)
>>
>>93046974
FOR
HOW
LONG
>>
>>93047818
He meant nobody who MATTERS.
>>
>>93047107
i thought "sperg out" referred to getting mad about something trivial
>>
>>93048056
Does the pink lars thing really discount? WHy and how is there a pocket dimension in them? How was Rose able to do it and why don't the other crystal gems know of this ability? Was it something she developed later, and if so then how?

It could still be pink diamond connected. Maybe something discovered by accident while rose is trying to figure out how to cure corruption.
>>
>>93048227
It just means to lose control. Hastily nuking a planet and not giving a shit how many of your own people are still in the way because you're just that mad is not exactly a reasonable reaction.
>>
>>93047050
>Eyeball remembered the sword more than the shield
>The shield is something that was attached to Rose.
>The sword could easily be replicated.

Also Rubies are fucking dumb and easily fooled by shapeshifters.
>>
>>93046535
Retard
>>
>>93048360
hey

don't be like that
>>
Starting an intergalactic war and being too soft-hearted to shatter anyone, causing trouble for everyone around her and causing others to go to too-far extremes to compensate for her wishy-washness is an appropriate character flaw for Rose.

Too bad it goes against Sugar's religion as a girl to accept "not killing people" as a character flaw.
>>
>>93045741

>Greg probably has melanoma at this point
>Lars died, and is now no longer human
>Peridot will be destroyed on sight being labelled as defective and rebellious
>the zoo gems will be crushed if HW finds out what they did before Steven sorts everything
>Pearl got cucked by 20 year old ape
>Rose may as well have died in childbirth
>Amethyst... I think she gets a pass because her origins were shitty, but holy hell, impersonating someone's dead wife?
>Garnet was the first to get poofed by the destabilisers, and would also get shattered on sight
>Lapis did her punishment first, and then her crimes
> Pumpkin is a good boy, yes he is.
>>
>>93045834
just imagine if your nostrils were on the same level as you eyes

just imagine
>>
File: 1496840850280.gif (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1496840850280.gif
1MB, 2048x2048px
are /co/ mods the worst mods on 4chan?
>>
>>93046417

Ever seen the movie, the free state of jones?

Imagine if Matthew McCounaghey killed Lincoln.
>>
>>93045764
It was Pearl. Steven can be twice as butthurt if this revealed.
>>
>>93045560
It was yellow diamond, we already know it, anon.
>>
>>93048755
as in if I was a freak or as in everyone is like that?
>>
>>93048258
>Pink Diamond IS the pocket dimension
>>
File: 1426045853563.png (337KB, 592x495px) Image search: [Google]
1426045853563.png
337KB, 592x495px
>>93045619
Pearl gets involved in so much drama shit, though.
I'm pretty much sick of hearing about her problems
>>
>>93046535
But Lapis liked being fused with Jasper, she said this in Alone At Sea.
>>
>>93045726
Pearl says that she and Rose have a lot of secrets and it's possible that Rose intentionally took the blame for Pearl.
>>
>>93048769
>H'es never been to /asp/
>>
>>93045560
>thinks Rose didn't do it

Zircon only proved that Rose couldn't have possibly done it alone, that she must have had inside help, not that it was impossible that Rose did it
>>
>>93050817
you'd think Zircon would have pointed out that it was possible for PD's entire entourage to be helping Rose. a mass mutiny.
>>
>>93050322
those boys need some ajpw
>>
>>93046266
Maybe another Rose Quartz did it and Rose took the blame because she felt guilt about the other RQs being bubbled for eternity?
>>
>>93051411
yeah but you don't miss that, if that is what happened the only reason they wouldn't know that is because someone else covered it up
>>
>>93048749
>I think she gets a pass because her origins were shitty
"wah I'm the smallest and I have an inferiority complex"

nah, amethyst is shit
>>
>>93048183
Why would they think Steven isn't on Homeworld anymore if he can't get to the ships or warp pads? Heck, why would they think he fled to Earth using whatever "mysterious" method that made him vanish from Homeworld.

As long as Homeworld is not wise to the pocket dimension, everything should be relatively fine. At least until Lars and the Off colors leave.
>>
>>93046025
Well, that's what you can expect from people who cannot decipher a relationship between women more complex than a raging lesboner.
>>
>>93047640

Retard, it's obvious that Pink Diamond is the real "Rose".
>>
>>93046102
No. That's not shitty writing.
It's shitty writing if the way it went makes no sense or Rose had no reason to pretend she did it after the fact.
Until the reveal is shit, it's just her biggest secret and/or her greatest ruse.
The way I know my Sugar it's gonna be emotionally confusing as hell for Steven.
>>
>>93053289
Can't wait til your retarded theory is btfo
>>
>>93048749
>>Garnet was the first to get poofed by the destabilisers, and would also get shattered on sight
How does shattering a fusion work anyways, do they have to shatter both or shattering one will break both?
>>
>But wouldn't her Pearl have cried out "WAAAAATCH OOOOOUT MYYYY DIIIIIIIAMOND~!"
No! Not if Rose SNUCK PAST THEM!

Rocks are stupid.
>>
>>93045764

> Then why didn't she tell the Pearl and the others she didn't do it

Could be that whoever DID do it used her as a scapegoat, and she took the blame willingly because it would make the CG's that much more a credible threat.
>>
>>93048183
After half a season's worth of townie episodes, probably.
>>
>>93053247
To be fair, there are plenty of those.
>>
File: 19ost91ym07x.jpg (320KB, 2000x4158px)
19ost91ym07x.jpg
320KB, 2000x4158px
IT WAS ME BLUE
>>
File: 1425952237421.png (372KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
1425952237421.png
372KB, 500x655px
>>93045560
Depends on what they'll do with it.

I do think it'll be odd if they try to retroactively paint Rose as a total saint again even though a lot of the latest character development was accepting that she wasn't perfect. I feel like she should still be involved with the death, even if there's more to the story.
>>
File: 36363.jpg (758KB, 1080x1548px) Image search: [Google]
36363.jpg
758KB, 1080x1548px
>>93045560
Marco "harem" Diaz>Steven "cry me a river" Universe
>>
File: 1017.jpg (26KB, 463x720px) Image search: [Google]
1017.jpg
26KB, 463x720px
>>93045619
I think that could be an interesting shift on perspectives, but with as much of a martyr as Pearl was for Rose I feel like she would sooner have taken the fall for what happened than wait for Steven to try to shoulder the blame.

I still assume she helped, if Rose did play any role in the assassination though.
>>
>>93054683
So where would Dipper and Lincoln rank?
>>
>>93045560
If they had Steven spend how much time bitching about Rose being bad for killing a tyrant only to turn out she didn't do it (or even worse, pawn it off on the villains), I'm definitely going to be annoyed. Steven doesn't need to be vindicated in his idiotic views, I'm sick of him always being right lately.
>>
>>93045691
>Jasper will join the memebarn
That's not a fate I wish on any member of Homeworld.
>>
>>93054683
>Tumblr Vs.
>>
>>93054821
Why's it a meme barn?
>>
>>93054947
It stripped all semblance of depth from Peridot and Lapis, and now Peridot's a gremlin and Lapis is her stoner lesbian roommate.
>>
>>93053709
Shattering one of the Gems would probably force them to defuse but not before the surviving gem experienced the sudden and painful death of her partner and felt the loss and emptiness

Kinda like when a pilot would die in Pacific Rim
>>
>>93054683
>Marco
>the most boring and most mary-sue character on the show

yeah no
>>
>>93045560
Oh gee, is Zuke to blame for wasting and dropping what could have been a decent idea?

Welp considering that fucking art consistency and proportions is such an alien concept for them.
>>
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/rebecca-sugars-steven-universe-is-a-cartoon-empire-w485887

>Though there's nothing to suggest Steven Universe will end any time soon, the fifth season is the last one to be fully plotted out

What do they mean by this?
>>
>>93050255
Lapis liked fusion raping Jasper and felt bad about it afterwards
>>
>>93055783
It will be the last season worth watching
>>
>>93055783
It means the plot will conclude in season 5 and everything after will townie episodes for replayability
>>
>>93045619
>let's make the show even more about pearl

enough
>>
>>93055783
I find it hard to believe that season 4 was apparently plotted out in advance, so much of that season felt like pointless padding
>>
>>93055783
So, they're dealing with the end-game Diamonds now?

Or, we're mapping that out later?
>>
>>93053836
Snuck past how Yellow Diamond? Even if Rose Quartz was transformed into something else to get close she still has to rush Pink Diamond from the front in her untransformed state. Which PD's entourage should clearly see before PD gets stabbed.
>>
>>93055282
No it's too important of a thing, it's Rebecca's doing
>>
So how powerful are the diamonds?

Can they blow up a city or release the energy equivalent of 7 megatons of TNT?

If not then they arent even that strong.
>>
It all just seems backwards to me
She gets a pass for all the stuff I think is shady like abandoning the gems and Greg and any lingering responsibilities to dump it all on Steven while only leaving a cryptic lion as advice with "well ya know she just wanted to have a kid no ulterior motives there shtuball" and gets vilified as a war criminal for saving all organic life on earth.
>>
>>93045560
They didn't reveal anything yet, they more or less just hinted that maybe a Diamond was involved.

I still think Rose has some involvement, like maybe she worked together with a Diamond in some kind of conspiracy.
>>
>>93046244
Whose to say Rose went to bubble her and did not learn till after the act Diamond's can't be bubbled/popped? Or perhaps she lost her form but the diamond was a lot more brittle than they thought?

It'd go along with the rumer about Sugar saying diamonds can't be thrown into one.
>>
New episodes when
>>
>>93056826
After you stop touching yourself.
>>
>>93045560
Did I watch the same show as any of you? They already stated seasons ago when they introduces Rose's sword that her sword could not shatter gems, just destroy their bodies. Then when they introduced Bismuth, it was pretty clear that rose prevented bismuth from using the shatter point because she was against shattering other gems. Is there even any other examples of rose and company actually shattering any gems at all during the war?

We have no evidence revealed as of yet that shes ever shattered any gems or killed anyone. We have a lack of motivation to shatter anyone. We have a pattern of her preventing others from shattering anyone.

If it doesn't act like a duck, quack like a duck, or even swim or look like a duck.. It's probably not a duck.
>>
>>93057013
Garnet did mention once how the war was really destructive and full of death, to me she seemed to be implying both sides were being killed. It would be pretty silly if Rose started a war and one side did no killings.
>>
File: 1451948807779.png (346KB, 413x608px)
1451948807779.png
346KB, 413x608px
>>93057013
>We have a lack of motivation to shatter anyone
I mean, the motivation's obvious. Desperate last-ditch effort to drive the Diamonds off of Earth.

It just doesn't fit Rose's usual MO. And eye witnesses don't mean much if character can change their appearance and one of the Diamond's is covering up info.
>>
>>93056639
She's a war criminal to gems. Her own kind.
>>
>>93056913
So never. Shit.
>>
>>93057241
how is she a war criminal if she never killed anyone or did anything particularly wrong?
>>
>>93056352
My guess is that BD and YD's plots will be resolved. WD is "secret video game boss" type character. Only accessible after the final boss.

She exists to give something to do after the main plot is resolved.
>>
>>93057266
I heard /fit/ stopped fapping. Try there.
>>
>>93045713
>implying this show doesn't have an infinite capacity to casually smooth over and forget things that really ought to have a persistent, lasting effect on every single episode thereafter
>>
>>93057318
According to Homeworld, she killed Pink Diamond as part of her rebellion. You know this. And her rebellion lead to the loss of Earth as a resource and who knows how many gems who may have been eternally bubbled.

Actually that's something they never talk about. The CGs were perfectly fine with eternally bubbling Lapis and Peridot. Maybe they've been doing that since the war. Maybe some of those prisoners are still in the temple alongside the corrupted gems.
>>
>>93045560
we only knew about pink diamond like at the end of season 3
steven has a character arc beyond that
>>
>>93045560
no because pink diamond switch bodies with a rose and her mom is actually pd who technically killed herself twice

remember you read it here first
>>
>>93057407
Okay, but the Diamonds claiming she's a war criminal isn't exactly a big character flaw on Rose's part. It would be nice if there was some truth to their claims so Rose doesn't come off looking so...rosy. As it stands, all she did was start a rebellion to prevent HW from destroying a planet. She apparently didn't even kill one gem in the war she started.
>>
>>93057318
she lead a civil war against her own kind
>>
Whens bismuth getting unbubbled
>>
>>93057482
It is a flaw from Homeworld's view because her whole bleeding heart cost them a Diamond, a planet, and however many troops they threw at that planet for a thousand years. It's a flaw from Steven's view because he doesn't agree to shattering gems. And for Steven, its a flaw on top of her tendency to hide info from her closest friends.
>>
>>93057695
after Jasperdemption so never
>>
>>93057241
yeah, but steven was acting like she was too, for most of season four
he's so guilty about it he basically gives himself up to be executed
>>
>>93046355
They've been making eva references since the first season
>>
>>93057769
Because Steven doesn't agree with Rose shattering Pink Diamond. Especially with the various gems that won't accept that he isn't Rose.
>>
File: IMG_0161.png (78KB, 180x400px)
IMG_0161.png
78KB, 180x400px
>>93057238
Thought this was Lusamine at first.
>>
Rainbow Quartz shattered Pink Diamond
>>
>>93045560
Not necessarily. The fact that it'll be another dozen episodes until we get more information is more detrimental.
>>
>>93057995

kek

>>93058324

Don't remind me
>>
>>93048323
Not all of them.
>>
>>93058324
I think vestigial townie episodes are a tad less likely with Lars still being stranded.
>>
>>93059139
Townie/Barn episodes are literally the only enjoyable part of the series and any other opinion is wrong.
>>
>Implying Pink Diamond didn't fake the whole "being shattered" fiasco as part of her master plan to make the other Diamonds eventually turn on each other so that she can return when they've been weakened from battle, poof them, and permanently fuse with them in order to become Black Diamond
>>
After a half a day's worth of checking out some SU stuff I can honestly say this is a very intriguing show. The reason why I dodged it in the first place was the incredibly annoying fans (no offense) along with the seemingly pushy plot points created by Rebecca Sugar just to get that Tumblr-esque audience to check it out. It's a shame that such a creative show had to be given such a bad rep just by it's fans making it look like feministic trash. Over the last few hours or so I've been quite interested in the show even by watching some youtube videos on the deeper parts of the show (I'm really interested in Jasper, she's a really cool character). I've begun to wonder if the show is worth the trouble to catch up, can you SUfags help a newbie out?
>>
>>93059192
Slice of life is fine when the other gems are involved.
>>
>>93045764

Pearl knows the REAL truth and why Rose took the blame.

"Why'd she keep so many secrets?"
"She had to, Steven! It's the mark of a great leader, knowing just what to keep hidden from everyone you're trying to protect. Everyone except me!"

Garnet just got the abridged version.

Also :

"Do you ever miss your home planet?"
"No, never."

Even though Quartzes all seem to have come from Earth as far as we know. Amethyst, the Famethyst, and Jasper are all Earth Gems, but Rose obviously is not from this little tidbit.

But then Yellow Diamond seems to imply Rose was never ON homeworld when she says "You stood your ground on that little speck called Earth, you're on our turf now."
>>
File: 1496175135225.jpg (43KB, 570x789px) Image search: [Google]
1496175135225.jpg
43KB, 570x789px
>>93045560

In regards to the 'Rose would still be shady if she didn't shatter PD so the arc would still be worth it', I tend to think of it this way;

While stuff like Bismuth shouldn't be considered minor, it's still not at the level of importance to the plot or as big as an event as PD's shattering. If anything PD's shattering is basically, to me, the epitome of Rose's grey actions. It represents all the shady shit and wrong she could have done, the secrets she hid, and an action done for 'the greater good' or simply a mistake that went too far. Subjective ideas on whether Bismuth's problem or the shattering was worse, I'd argue that the PD's shattering matters more in the context of framing Rose's character and as, at the risk of sounding pretentious, a representation of the Rebellion as a whole.

Rose was the leader of the rebels, PD was a leader of HW's forces. Both are embodiments of what their movements and society are. The two clashed and perhaps more went down that could better parallel their movements.

To have Rose not kill PD seems just like a cop out to make the rebellion seem even more 'righteous' than it needs to be. It is at the core of a lot of character's motivations. To immediately negate that is to negate a lot of the criticism Rose ever received from other characters because that assassination seems more important to them than a stupid rock of a planet and even the rebellion as a whole. Through the dialogue it seems that characters view the rebellion as just a minor thing, like a glorious game or inconsequential scuffle to be won because death in that sense means little to them. Often it seemed like an annoying chore that they wanted to end immediately but got out of hand. They only really care about shattering. Gem only got serious when discussing that concept and the assassination. Thus it generally feels like a more serious and important problem because it matters to more characters.

Probably should have constructed that better, though.
>>
>>93048258
> How was Rose able to do it and why don't the other crystal gems know of this ability?
if it only works on non gems then she probably discovered it alone in the desert by ressing dead lion
>>
>>93054683
This is a fucking Steven Universe thread. Completely unrelated to STvFOE and you just came in and posted a Marco "Gary Stu" Diaz, good job.
>>
>>93060902
and you fell for his poor b8 m8
>>
>>93045560
More like people's image of Rose has likely been changed forever. People seemed to want Rose to be portrayed as a ambiguous and mysterious person. Basically, most theories revolved around her being "evil" or "sinister" or some stupid shit. Rose being revealed to not have been the one to actually kill pink diamond angers them, because it makes her look like the one think they hate the most: a moralfag. She is no longer Rose "only I can kill for my cause, and I keep things hidden because I am the leader" Quartz, and is now Rose "killing will make us as bad as they are, and I only hide things to protect my friends feelings" Quartz.

At this point, if we were to have a flashback of Rose Quartz's life and how the rebellion happened, people would get even more mad at her probably.
>>
>>93045560
>Does anyone else feel as if they ruined Steven's character arc
Not really because he was being a fucking bitch and dumbass about it.

>REEE MY MOM KILLED A FUCKING SPACE TYRANT WAAAAAAHHH. IT'S MY RESPONSIBILITY TO ATONE TO THE OTHER SPACE TYRANTS WAAAHHHHHH
>>
>>93045619
>>93045713
>Pearl

Literally what? Might as well just say Garnet did it.
>>
>>93046535
A+ tumblr bait
>>
>>93045619
In that case, knowing how this series goes, you have effectively proven that Pearl didn't do it, because that would actually give Steven development. I guarantee you that when it gets explained, it will be something along the lines of "Rose did get involved in a attack, but Pink was ambushed during it, and shattered. Rose is shocked and runs away. The culprit appears, shatters all of pink's gems, and spreads the rumor that Rose did it to the surviving gems that were not there during the incident. Rose accepts the rumor as true to her followers, probably for some stupid reason in line with her character, like "to spare feelings" or some shit."
>>
>>93061106
>you have effectively proven that Pearl didn't do it
Why the FUCK are people trying to say pearl did it? Did I miss something in the episode?
>>
>>93059792
This, the show frames PD's shattering as the most morally grey thing Rose did and places great importance on it. It would be a huge cop-out to turn around and take the blame off of Rose after it's been such an important thing the past season. It would be especially bad to me if YD is complicit like a lot of people theorize, since her grief over PD gives her character some complexity and is primarily what makes her more than just a typical villain.
>>
>>93061122
People that are fans work on the logic of "nu uh, that would be bad for the story to me, so according to my logic, this would be a better development therefore its the most likely to be true"

Its a habit fans like to have of hyping themselves up for what they consider to be creative or interesting, only for the result to be exactly the most bland and predictable thing there is.

A example could be seen in Tobi's identity. Back then, everyone had the most creative and innovative theories as to who he could really be, and the theory they hated the most is "he has one eye, just like Obito had one eye, so its him". And it turned out true and disappointed them all.
>>
>>93061191
But there is nothing to back up Pearl doing it. Might as well say it was Bismuth.
>>
>>93059792
For people that see this as tl:dr:

This poster is basically saying: "I don't want Rose to be a moralfag who is completely innocent and motivated only by emotions, I want her to be a grey area character, because its more realistic"

Newsflash: children's cartoons aren't going to be morally grey, especially this one, which works almost exclusively on emotions, feelings, and writing the plot to make Steven cry more.
>>
>>93061254
>It's a "children's" cartooon so that gives it license to be shit
>>
>>93061212
Yeah, like I said. People are just wanting what they think would be the best for the series, with no real evidence of such.

I can easily think of a better and more realistic theory right now, even though it wouldn't help the series overall:

Pearl work that outfit with the white diamond on it because she used to belong to white diamond, but was rejecting for being seen as defective, and Rose accepted her for being defective. There, that's Pearl's origin story.

People will think its boring and predictable, ergo, not likely to be true BECAUSE its boring and predictable, not because it actually has evidence.
>>
>>93045560

Well she could have still had a part in it or gained a weapon from someone on the inside.
>>
>>93045764

>"IT WAS A SWORD!!"

Pearl has a fetish for swords.
It was Pearl.
>>
>>93061286
>a children's cartoon is shit if it isn't willing to make characters morally ambiguous.

Sorry, but no, it doesn't work that way. Most you should expect are bad guys, good guys, Anti heroes, or more alpha villains.
>>
>>93061341
Rose Quartz was an established threat by the time of PD's shattering and Pearl is an original crystal gem.

Pearl is actually a good pearl as Peridot called her fancy. Jasper called her defective simply cause she was defecting from her duties.

I dont know why you brought up Tobi and Obito. That shit was super predictable and had simple evidence that some tried to deny outright.
>>
>>93061402
In Garnet's flashback, Pearl's swords poofed people, did not shatter them. Honestly, Pearl shattering Pink would make her character a Bismuth clone. I'm sorry if you feel it would make the series more interesting or unique, and would help in steven's development in some way, but that's how I see it, it would just make Pearl a Bismuth clone. And honestly, they would have hinted at it in the Bismuth episode in that case, such as having Pearl say that Bismuth isn't entirely wrong or something, but that didn't happen.
>>
>>93047107

>yfw Pink Diamond's gem is inside that locked chest in the Lion dimension
>>
>>93061413
People deny Tobi and Obito because they thought it was a stupid theory that harms the series if its true, even though it was obvious.

People deny Yellow shattering Pink because they think it is a stupid theory that harms the series if its true, even though that episode made it rather obvious that Yellow did it.
>>
>>93045560
Who wants to be that Pearl's story arc is just gonna be Kakashi's, but with more crying?
>>
>>93045713
So you're saying they'd talk it out
>>
>>93061524
>People deny Tobi and Obito because they thought it was a stupid theory that harms the series if its true, even though it was obvious.

Are you saying it wasn't stupid and didn't harm the series? Because the obito stuff was incredibly stupid from beginning to end and thats why people didn't want it to be true. Just because it turned out right doesn't mean it's not still incredibly stupid.
>>
>>93047107
I find this theory kind of interesting:
>Pink joined sides with Rose

I don't think this happened. Rose rebelled because she cared about the humans, but Pink wanted to preserve humans as well. Rose Quartz soldiers can "pink" humans to bring them back to life, and the colony would have killed all the humans. Also, Lars showed that a pink humans seems to no longer need food, and according to Lion not seeming to age, also makes a human unable to age anymore. In other words, a life of stagnation, staying the same, just like gems live. THIS is what I believe Rose rebelled for, because of a disagreement in ideology. Pink wanted to save humans..by forcing their gem lifestyle onto them, and Rose, as she said to Greg, believes that humans are all about changing.

>fake her own death

I do not think that was the case. Honestly, I think that Yellow wanted to have the Earth in the first place for the cluster, and for some reason, Pink was chosen instead, and she has hated it ever since. So the first chance she got, she staged it to look like Rose killed Pink, by shattering Pink after Pink got poofed, and killing off Pink's minions and spreading the rumor that Rose did it. Rose probably let this rumor be seen as true in order to protect feelings in some way, and probably stored the Pink shards in her chest like you said.

>Steven will heal her and end the war.

Honestly, this is COMPLETELY in line with Steven Universe's "feelings and emotions fix problems" philosophy, and I see it probably being what happens. When Steven learns to heal corrupted gems, he will heal Pink's shards and resurrect her, causing the war to end.
>>
>>93061212

The argument in the court case was that there was no way anyone would let a Rose Quartz that close to a diamond, especially with so many lines of soldiers.

Given that pearls are personal attendants, it would be easy for one to get close enough to a diamond to shatter one.
>>
>>93061712
Except Pearl was already well and good a fujitive and eye witnesses say it was rose quartz and someone had to lure PD out her palanquin.
>>
>>93046535

Is this bait?
Because that's not what happened.
>>
>>93061524
I see your point, but Sugar herself has talked about how she wants SU to be deep, not have real villains, etc. If people get their hopes up about the show Sugar is partially at fault for acting like it's going to be different.
>>
>>93061693
No, you are right, it was stupid, and did hurt the series. And that's my point, people need to be more skeptical and think more simplistically when it comes to children's cartoons. Everytime a cartoon has a mystery, fans hype themselves up with the most coolest and interesting theory, just to destroy themselves when it turns out to be something obvious and stupid. Or even worse, when the theory consumes them to badly, they believe the author themselves changed the mystery just to spite them or something insane like that.
>>
>>93046668
>>Lapis then proceeds to drag them under water for months and months in an attempt to protect Steven (and let's be honest, only Steven).

She was also just taking out all her issues and pain on Jasper, pretty much using Jasper as a punching bad.
>>
>>93061712
The argument was also how pink diamond wouldn't stop and get out of her palanquin for rose quartz and that goes double for a random pearl that's not hers and you still need to explain a way for pearl to have shattered her.
>>
Zircon's defense didnt necessarily imply that

it only implied another diamond or a similar high authority figure was involved in pink's shattering

either Rose did it and was allowed/enabled to do so by another diamond, or she collaborated with another diamond or she didnt do anything and the whole thing was orchestrated by a diamond while she was framed
>>
>>93061851
>>93061905
The whole thing seems needlessly complicated now. We have Eyeball, who adamantly says she witnessed Rose shattering PD. We have Pearl and Garnet who say she shattered her. But then Zircon says Rose couldn't have gotten PD to get out of her palanquin.

So either Rose didn't do it and Eyeball is just making shit up for some reason and Garnet/Pearl are wrong and Rose claimed to kill PD when she didn't; or Rose was able to lure PD out for some reason and shatter her, and the whole argument is pointless.
>>
>>93045619
That's the one twist that would keep the weight of Steven's mom killing a space dictator. The key difference is that it would be one of his actual moms who raised him and is still around, as opposed to a mom who only knows through stories, videos messages, and second-hand descriptions.

Pearl just (mostly) got over her obsession with Rose, and now she would have a new major emotional trauma hanging over her head: her "son" knowing that she's a murderer and that she hid it from him.
>>
>>93047050
I bet more than anything that Eyeball will see Rose's sword at some point and then say it WASN'T the sword she saw. Eyeball and Blue Diamond kept saying it was Rose's sword or a sword. But Eyeball may not have known that the murderer was using a different sword. The fact that they're being vague about whether it was specifically the sword that came out of Lion's mane means that there's going to be a twist in the murder weapon.
>>
>>93061484
Rose was right there. We know Rose eventually went against shattering, so Pearl would probably respect that (especially around her waifu).
>>
>>93048056
I think it's pretty clear at this point that Blue Diamond is going to be the one getting the talk no jutsu. She's been portrayed as someone at least vaguely open to conversation with how Greg talked with her. I imagine that Steven talks Blue into talking Yellow, White, and/or Yellow & White from stopping the battle and creating peace.

If they want to go out there, I'd like to see White be the big bad and have Steven talk to YELLOW to try and stop things.
>>
>>93061024
I think it's more like
>The actions my mom made in the past are hurting the people I care about in the present, I can save them by letting myself get taken in
Your point still stands though, he's got cronic bitchidous
>>
>>93045888
Agreed
>>
>>93045691
didn't Jasper say she was there? I bet steven jumps into her mind and help rebuild her memory by memory and we get some perspective as to what happened in one form or another before Jasper finally gets recruited.
>>
anyone else think BD looked hot in the courtroom ep? Her voice was nice too
>>
>>93061994
Its possible to have a set up where to people from a distance, it would look like Rose was shattering Pink Diamond, but from close up and a weird angle, you would be able to see someone else involved.

For example, Pink was standing outside her palanquin, which is a big building with sheets to hide the windows so a person cannot see into them. There could easily be a situation where:
1. Rose stabs with the sword from the front.
2. Pink Poofs
3. In the smoke, someone quickly takes a step outside the palanquin, shatters Pink's gem in the smoke, and ducks back inside, without getting noticed.

To anyone that saw this from the angle behind Rose, all they would see is Rose's stab, the poofing smoke, and Pink's shards on the ground right after. EVERYONE that saw such a scene would draw the same conclusions.
>>
>>93048056
In a way, you can kinda of seen the four diamonds as ideologies:

Yellow can be see as dictatorship. Gem superiority above all.

Pink could be seen as a preservationist. Everything done is to preserve, because she sees them as having the power to look after all living things.

Blue could be seen as knowledge and understanding. About taking a reasoned and logical look at all, and not letting emotions be the deciding factor.

And if we go this route, of all of them being different from each other, I can theorize White to be the one to establish gem culture. Believing their culture to be the superior one, and anyone not living their way of life should be converted forcefully.

But people may not like this, because it paints most of the diamonds as neutral or open to discussion, with only Yellow being a more classical unapologetic villain.
>>
>>93054936
Are you actually implying Star VS has more sjw bullshit that SU? The show where the writer said outright that she is pushing homosexual relationships in a kids show?
How the fuck does Star VS. even compare to that level of outright faggot propaganda?
>>
File: IMG_0403.jpg (108KB, 911x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0403.jpg
108KB, 911x523px
>>93059397
It is a femminist show

It's also good and you can enjoy it

Stop caring about stupid shit
>>
>>93062843
>not letting emotions be the deciding factor.

Her whole bit is crying and affecting other people's emotions. I think Blue is just the sentimental / empathetic one. Literally as well in this case since she's a literal empath. Note how she tells Yellow Diamond, not that Steven deserves a fair trail or to state his side of the story, but how she *wants* to hear it for herself.
>>
>>93063905
>sentimental / empathetic one.
Yes, this is true, and its also true that empathy is typically a trait associated by level of intelligence. Meaning, the dumber someone is, the more likely they won't understand empathy.

I dunno. The trailers made her out to be a vicious, revenge driven person determined to kill Steven at all costs, mainly just because the trailers had that "I want to do something worse" line. Yet, what happened in the episode? Blue was the mostly calm one, while Yellow was the obsessed one. Blue was willing to hear from Steven's lawyer, even though technically, Yellow gave ever reason to shatter Steven and be done with it. You say Blue thinks Steven doesn't deserve a fair trial, but literally all of her actions point towards the opposite. Just to me, the whole thing made me feel like she was taking a logical and senseable approach to the whole thing, for the sake of explaining what happened. For example, if Steven was actually proven innocent, I definitely would see Blue being willing to return him home and not kill him. Yellow on the other hand, was willing to kill all of earth for the cluster, I don't think she would have hesitated to kill Steven even if he was proven innocent.

But if you see it more as emotion of empathy, you could also label the diamonds by the more dominately known female traits:
Yellow: Jealously.
Blue: Empathy.
Pink: Compassion.
Dunno what White could be.
>>
>>93064211
>You say Blue thinks Steven doesn't deserve a fair trial

I didn't say she says Steven doesn't deserve a fair trial, I say she didn't mention it. I wouldn't put to much thought into what the Diamond's represent, I don't think the writers have thought that far ahead.
>>
Honestly, whether Rose did it or not, she's still a fucking shitty parent.
She acts like "giving herself up to have Steven" was some wonderful thing, but she had just been in a huge war and whether or nto she killed pink diamond, others thought that she had, she MUST have known that others saw her as a war criminal, but didn't bother to fucking explain herself, not to her friends, not to her lover, not even Steven, and yet she just poofs out of existence to let him deal with all of her problems.
She might not have done it, but she had a lot of explaining and fixing up to do, but seems like she just went "Fuck it" and offed herself to get our of responsibilities.
Honestly i hope it turns out that Rose quarts didn't do it, but have Steven realise she was kind of shitty anyway, but then realise that he can be a better Rose quarts or something.
>>
I dropped the show a long time ago, Is Steven still the same incapable, retarded kid he used to be?

I ended somewhere at episode 50.
>>
>>93065090
> Is Steven still the same incapable, retarded kid he used to be?
the last arc was about steven turning himself in then going on trial and screaming "IM GUILTY IM GUILTY" while his court appointed lawyer desperately tries to shut him up and make a case. they gave him several chances to explain himself but he just keeps screaming "IM GUILTY"
so yeah
>>
I feel like killing the local leader is the implied goal of an armed rebellion. Why would Steven be mad that his mom killed a genocidal dictator to save the planet Earth? Who writes this garbage?
>>
>>93065525
It's a children's show, didn't you think "all killing is bad" when you were a child?
>>
>>93065525
because its unnecessary in this scenario and goes against their idealogy
>>
>>93065561
Shouldn't the writer of a children's show be smarter than a literal child, and maybe try to educate children a little bit while entertaining them? Also, this show is aimed at 8 to 13 year olds who I would hope are old enough to realize that people die in wars.
>>
>>93065571
>unnecessary in this scenario
>killing literally a giant godlike space monster that wants to kill all humans is unnecessary

What the actual everloving fuck am I reading? Is this some kind of political thing?
>>
>>93064705
>but she had just been in a huge war
She waited over 5000 years
>>
>>93061036
something about her sword, how she gets very upset when they mention Pink Diamond getting shattered, the pearls looking at each other weirdly during the trial when Zircon asks where Pink Dimaond's pearl was and Peark's gem is on her head like white diamond's
I'm not saying I'll believe it though
>>
>>93056523
I mean, considering what we know about Pink Zombies, Rose could quite easily have snuck her way past enemy lines if she's amoral enough. It's possible Lion is just the last one left alive.
>>
>>93056639
Yeah this. Like even if she genuinely didn't think Homeworld would ever ever come back, she still left Amethyst and Pearl riddled with insecurity, didn't properly prepare Garnet for leadership, oh and she fucking left Bismuth right near all the other keepsakes meant for Steven, and didn't tell the other gems. It's really that that in that instance, Rose was completely passing the buck onto Steven to patch things up with Bismuth (probably operating under the assumption that Homeworld was gone, but still)
>>
>>93057695
The problem is that they kind of really misled Bismuth on what they were up against initially. Like they led her to believe that Homeworld had been attacking them the whole time Bismuth had been gone, and not five thousand years of what amounted to animal control, then a grand total of two enemy gems, one disgruntled tech support who joined their side, and one quartz soldier who is admittedly very strong and determined but still alone (also I guess five Rubies, but they're just Rubies), like if Bismuth didn't think it was do-or-die time she might not have brought out the shattering point so soon and could have gradually adjusted.

Now it's a bit trickier, since Homeworld really is starting to amp itself back up again.

Bubbling her still doesn't actually fix anything though, and I feel like it's ridiculous to think that Pearl and Garnet can't dissuade Bismuth from her course of action.
>>
>>93061524
It doesn't really. We already saw in Yellow Diamond's two previous appearances that she's a very irratable person who conveys grief via anger and believes that you can just forget and move on from a traumatic event. Viewed through that lens, her actions during the Trial make perfect sense far more than some cover up because "bad guy".
>>
File: gem mural.jpg (119KB, 1151x325px) Image search: [Google]
gem mural.jpg
119KB, 1151x325px
>>93062683
I'm still going with
>Sugar gave the whole plot twist away in the first couple episodes to make herself seem super deep
>Rose poofs Pink Diamond, moves to bubble her
>White Diamond unleashes a ridiculously powerful attack at Rose
>Rose either unconsciously lifts Pink Diamond's Gem to shield herself, or just is holding it at the right angle, and Pink Diamond's gem shatters
>White Diamond is able to blame the whole thing on Rose, and Rose accepts the blame because she's partially responsible

Because I really doubt Sugar is just going to get lazy and go "Turns out everything bad was the fault of Bad Guy, kill her and then everything will be good"
>>
>>93046154
Youre looking too fat into it, sugar isnt that good of a writer.
>>
>>93065224
Well here's a question, what do you think would have happened if Steven told Blue Diamond the truth? Like it's easy to prove that he's partially organic, his immunity to destabilizer technology is evidence of that.

The only reason he was left alive is because Blue Diamond had unanswered questions about Pink Diamond's death, once Blue Diamond learns that Steven is incapable of providing those answers, do you think she'll just let Steven go back to Earth? Because I think it's more likely that, at best, they'll try to figure out how Steven works via science, but most likely just kill him for wasting their time (if they're feeling really nice, they'll just shatter his gem and, if he survives, take him to the Zoo)
>>
>>93065770
We also know Bismuth was the one that poofed Lapis, leading her to her thousands of years of suffering trapped in a mirror. They explicitly showed her, so there must be something planned for them.
>>
>>93065583
Poofing and bubbling makes shattering just a matter of making a statement as opposed to practicality.

Also it makes the other god-queens angry enough to fuck up every gem on the planet in one fell swoop.
>>
>>93065827
That's literally just describing her character, that's exactly it. Did you even read the post or did you just see a wall of text and assume?
>>
>>93065851
Well yeah, they definitely have a plan for her, and with the Forge (and theoretically the Off-Colors) they have places to stash her so they don't need to pay her voice actress more than necessary. I'm just not really sure what in-show criteria needs to be fulfilled to make it okay to unbubble her, that don't already exist.
>>
>>93065860
Shattering a gem could be a lot easier than poofing them

Its a bit and obvious weak spot that they generally don't cover up or protect
>>
>>93065861
You are extremely subjective
>>
>>93065874
*big and obvious
>>
>>93065874
I was thinking the opposite. It's a small mobile location that's different on any gem, any combat gem will make sure to focus on defending above anything else.

Honestly, the Breaking Point as it stands seems more like a guillotine than an actual weapon.
>>
>>93065525
>>93065583
Pink Diamond is implied to have been the nicest of the Diamonds.
>>
>>93065817
>IT WAS A SWORD

so where does that fit in
>>
>>93065953
She used the sword to disrupt Pink Diamond's physical form, but I guess the attack might have happened, as the person I quoted said, when the air was still filled with smoke from Pink Diamond being poofed, which would explain why White Diamond could have missed.
>>
It was Pearl. It's always been Pearl. Think about it.

We get a back story episode of every other gem. All that is left is white diamond and Pearl for no backstory. Pearl was with Rose for the rebellion, and that's all we know. We know she's a really nice pearl, and her loyalty programming gave her an unhealthy attachment to Rose despite Rose desperately attempting to push Pearl into being independent.

I have a distinct feeling the writers knew having Rose as Pink Diamond would be too easy. The second we see the Diamond temple in S1, we all thought it was Rose. But no, Rose hates Pink Diamond because Rose knew what Pink Diamond had planned for earth. All life gone, something Rose could never stand to see. So as much as she hated Pink Diamond, she could never bring herself to shatter another gem, because taking a life is worse than anything imaginable.

Pearl, on the other hand, is driven only by the will to do right by Rose. Rose hated PD more than anything, but could never act on it. But Pearl can. Once Rose found out that Pearl had shattered Pink Diamond, it was over. Rose could never be with Pearl romantically or intimately in any way. She had committed the ultimate war crime. But, despite it all, Rose loves Pearl and can't let her take the fall. Rose takes the fall, but somehow the rest all know. That's what that meltdown was over at the sky arena. It has nothing to do with Steven. She's still wrecked over the fact that she did everything right and was rejected. It goes against her ingrained instincts as a Pearl. But that leaves the question of whether or not they let Steven go on believing he must atone for his mother's sins, or tell him the person who helped raise him and protected him all his life was really the culprit?
>>
>>93065987
It doesn't add up to me. Pearl would never give up a chance to sacrifice herself for Rose, even if just to protect Rose's memory for Steven's sake.

I feel like she was likely there, and knows a bigger cunk of the truth than anyone besides maybe White Diamond, but I doubt she did the whole thing herself.
>>
>>93065987
It probably was Pearl, but like this anon implies >>93066035

It would be terribly out of character for Pearl to let Rose take the blame. But I'm betting Pearl over White Diamond because the writers are hacks that just can only write soap opera drama.
>>
>>93065987
Actually Pink Diamond's Pearl (not CG) was the mastermind behind the Pink Diamond's shattering.
>>
>>93059397
>I'm really interested in Jasper, she's a really cool character

Then don't watch this show, it'll be a disappointment
>>
FORESHADOWING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-_G2TVNiVQ
>>
>>93065987
Basically this but Poil was PD's and Poil betrayed her for RQ
>>
>>93045560
I feel you guys ruin this board because you retards can't keep it in one thread.
>>
>>93045560
No.

"Rose did it" never really made sense to me, not after the Bismuth episode. Not only because of moral reasons, but also simply practical ones. It takes more effort to actually kill a Gem (you have to hit her gemstone precisely and with enough force to shatter it, and they didn't even have suitable weaponry until the Breaking Point) than just to capture one (hit her anywhere to poof, and bubble the gemstone, and it safely and instantly gets transported to your base, where you can use it for leverage or whatever). What reason did Rose have to exactly kill PD, not just remove her? They said "she had to do it so that Pearl could be free, so that Garnet could be together, etc", but that's bullshit, it's not like PD could have any influence on Pearl or Garnet or any other Gem from inside a bubble. So unless it was an accident and she was just aiming to poof (unlikely), Rose had practical reason to kill Pink Diamond. The only reason she could have done if was just to send a message, but then that goes against what we knew about her character at that point and makes her a hypocrite for bubbling Bismuth.
>>
>>93066373
That is a good point, like at no point has the show portrayed shattering as being easier than bubbling even from a logistical perspective, but that still doesn't explain why Rose would take the fall for it.
>>
>>93045560
>>
>>93066347
>waaah waaah why does this show I don't like have more than one thread REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
So did Rose Quartz(s) exist before Pink Diamond? How did gems heal cracked gems before Pink Diamond was around? I mean, it doesn't take much to crack a Gem, Amethyst fell really hard on it and it started going to pieces. So why would you assassinate someone, if you were a homeworld aligned gem, if she was the only one able to create the only species of gem that could potentially heal you if you were hurt?

If Rose actually did shatter Pink Diamond, why did the other Diamonds bubble every other Rose Quartz? Wouldn't they be vital to your warmongering / expansionist society?
>>
>>93056523

A fat child and his fat father managed to sneak past two Diamonds while they sang a shitty song. Diamonds have the awareness of an MGS grunt.
>>
>>93065790

>who conveys grief via anger and believes that you can just forget and move on from a traumatic event.
>A song where she tells BD to forget about PD and move on is definitely not evidence she shattered PD

Nigga wat?
>>
>>93062861
>Starcucks
>>
>>93066781
/trash/ stays in /trash/ tumblrfag
>>
>>93066876
>So did Rose Quartz(s) exist before Pink Diamond?
Probably not, since it's implied all Rose Quartz belonged to Pink Diamond.
>How did gems heal cracked gems before Pink Diamond was around?
They might've used similar stuff to what Robonoids use to fix the Warp Pads.
>Why did the other Diamonds bubble every other Rose Quartz?
Because in their eyes each of those Rose Quartz is a potential rabble-rouser, rebel, and a regicider.
>>
>>93067070
She's saying that because she's lying to herself. I swear, did you guys sleep through the end of her musical number where she has a meltdown? There's no indication that Yellow Diamond would be willing or even capable of faking that vulnerability.
>>
>>93067249
>>93066876
It seems like Pink Diamond herself might have bought into that rhetoric, because it's implied that there weren't any other Rose Quartz when Pink was shattered, and the bubbles seem to be pink tinted.
>>
>>93045560
>anyone else feel as if they ruined Steven's character arc by revealing Rose didn't do it?
Yep
>>
File: 1472695258729.gif (400KB, 200x150px)
1472695258729.gif
400KB, 200x150px
>>93067282
Because there are only two types of pink gems amirite?
>>
>>93067301
Yes?

>Pink D
>Rose

That's it.
>>
File: d21.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
d21.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>93067228
One kiss between two completely unknown background characters in the background is NOTHING compared to having multiple relationships like this involving the main fucking characters.
>>
>>93067311
http://www.gemhut.com/gemcolor.htm#pink
>>
>>93059533
>but Rose obviously is not from this little tidbit.
Bismuth mentions that Rose was grown "right here, in the earth" if I remember right, so I'm pretty sure she's an Earth gem too.

>"Do you ever miss your home planet?"
On the other hand, that throws it off slightly. Maybe all Gems consider Homeworld to be their home planet, regardless of where they're made? Makes some sense, seeing as none of them would have much attachment to the places they're from.
>>
>>93067395
>Links to fan fiction site.
>>
>>93061254

>This poster is basically saying: "I don't want Rose to be a moralfag who is completely innocent and motivated only by emotions, I want her to be a grey area character, because its more realistic"

Sorta. I meant my post to mean that she was already somewhat grey, in SU's standards, and that PD action was the epitome of that. I wanted to focus more on what it meant to other characters and the plot as a whole.

>Newsflash: children's cartoons aren't going to be morally grey, especially this one, which works almost exclusively on emotions, feelings, and writing the plot to make Steven cry more.

If anything the moral grey shit is what makes Steven cry. And this show already has morally grey actions and characters. As mentioned before the Bismuth thing is an example of this.

I know you're trying to say that children's cartoons aren;t morally grey and not whether or not they should be, but from the way Sugar's posts seem to describe what she wants to do with the series and some characters seems to imply that she is attempting to write them in a not so straight forward moral way. The whole Jaspis fiasco isn't written as 'one innocent person and one who wants to keep up an abusive relationship' both parties have motivations and contribute to the problem.

Whether or not she can actually do it well is another argument entirely. The fact that it was common knowledge that PD was shattered by Rose already shows that the show is ok with presenting their character as doing something wrong of this magnitude already.
>>
>>93045560
Eh, Steven was becoming even more of an insufferable bitch thinking that she did it. If she's absolved maybe he'll be a tad bit more tolerable.
>>
Post Pearl with a big ass
>>
>>93068722
Pearl is extra sticc
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.