[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody thought he would be the second best Batman of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: guardiandevil.jpg (17KB, 434x365px) Image search: [Google]
guardiandevil.jpg
17KB, 434x365px
Nobody thought he would be the second best Batman of all time
But look at him now
>>
I'm still not impressed, years and years later Affleck still isn't a good actor. Bale was the better actor, even if he was the worse Batman.
>>
>>93038703
No, I think he was an okay Bruce but he was a mediocre batman
>>
File: No.jpg (94KB, 470x611px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
94KB, 470x611px
>>93038921
>dark knight batman worse than dceu batman
>>
>>93038976
Bale is brought down by Rises, but I guess in fairness everyone's really stupid in Rises. He's pretty good in TDK and even better in Begins.
>>
>>93038921
Bale might be a better actor but he's not a better actor in the role, he was in no way convincing as Bruce Wayne and his Batman was a joke
>>
>>93038703
>the second best Batman of all time
After Conroy, right?
>>
>>93039571
Look I know this is /co/ but let's stop the meme that voice acting is the same thing as actually portraying a character as an actual actor in a film, it's two completely different things

Just because Tara Strong voices a cute horse doesn't mean she is a cute horse and etc etc
>>
People who say Ben Affleck was better than Bale really mean they liked the suit better and the warehouse scene was the best fight. Christian Bale is a much better actor and he gives a quiet intensity to Bruce Wayne that is only challenged maybe by Michael Keaton. Ben Affleck was a decent Batman but he's not a spectacular actor and his portrayals out of the suit are just OK
>>
>>93039704
What the fuck kind of argument is that?
Just because Gal gadot plays an immortal amazon princess in a couple movies doesn't make her an immortal amazon princess.
>>
>>93039704
Conroy has the most experience of being the best Batman. Bale had too many drawbacks, like the voice, the smaller physique, basically he had none of the looks of the comic Bruce Wayne or Batman. His acting was really good, but I wasn't a fan of his voice, in and out of the batsuit.
Conroy's Batman is able to be kind to his villains and cold to his friends, and vice versa.
One flaw that might not even be considered a flaw is that in the Nolanverse, it's about Bruce Wayne trying to be Batman when other times it's about Batman trying to be Bruce Wayne, where Bruce Wayne is the mask.
>>
>>93039707
>the warehouse scene was the best fight
The warehouse scene is more brutal than any scene with Bale but that's it. Why would that make Affleck's batman better?
He brokes bones better? He smashes face better? He stabs people better? Is that what makes a better Batman?
>>
>>93038703
i would put conroy at the top
keaton at second
affleck third

adam west is in adam tier, which is not located anywhere, being simultaneously the best and worst
>>
>>93040652
It was better choreographed and showed batman utilizing a range of technology/fighting styles in the middle of a brawl. Bales fights amounted mostly to just straight up punching and kicking.
>>
>>93040652
>>93040681
The warehouse scene definitely reminded me of the Arkham series style of fighting.
>>
>>93038703
He's not Christian Bale and he's not Adam West so he's not the first or second best Batman.
>>
>>93040957
He's also not the guy who voiced Batman in the animated series, so he can't even be third.
>>
File: 1475492373506.jpg (27KB, 546x619px) Image search: [Google]
1475492373506.jpg
27KB, 546x619px
Did the Batman role break Ben Affleck?

>confirmed he developed depression and alcohol problem after BvS release
>wife filed divorce papers on him
>told the press he's tired of being asked about The Batman movie
>>
Bale was a stale ass Bruce Wayne, he didn't pull off the "playboy" public presentation, which Affleck did very well, and he didn't pull off the brooding dark private persona either, which Affleck did well

There is a reason TDKT is only praised for the villains, and it isn't because they're all great, only Ledger's Joker was really noteworthy
>>
File: ben-affleck-congo-2017.jpg (238KB, 450x563px) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-congo-2017.jpg
238KB, 450x563px
>>93041121
No ruining his marriage and developing alcoholism did. Ben clearly was having a mild life crisis and fucked a bunch of bimbos and it came back to bite him on the ass. But, he's looking better now and still looks excited about Being Batman.
>>
How have they not made a Splinter Cell movie with Ben Affleck as Sam?
>>
>>93041121

Fucking Gal was a wake up sign that he had hit the rock bottom.
>>
File: raw.gif (1MB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
1MB, 498x278px
Ya'll niggas need Keaton
>>
>>93039571
Correct.
>>
He's alright
But sometimes I feel like he's playing Bruce Wayne who's cosplaying as Batman if that makes sense.
>>
>>93041700
You mean knocking her up
>>
>>93038703

Punisher Ben, both in real life and in film.
>>
>>93041849
1989 (the whole Burtonverse really) had the best everything.

>Director: Tim Burton
>Music composed by: Prince, Danny Elfman
>Nicholson Joker
>Keaton Bats
>Lando Dent
>Best Batmobile
>Best Gotham
>Best BatSuit
>>
>>93041849
He was real shit.
>>
>>93039733
It means that voice acting is different than acting.

All a VA needs to do is give a good voice, a talent in it's own right, but a 4 foot nothing fat man could give a good Batman voice, doesn't mean he could portray one on film
>>
>>93042186
Wrong
>>
>>93041121
Nope, and in his own words, he took the role because he wanted his son to be able to see him as Batman (being too old to fully appreciate being Batman himself any more).

Except when he took that role he already knew the script. He'd seen it before, in 2012 when he turned down directing it after Argo won awards.

So he must have been drinking at least as far back as that, or he'd have known what a goddamned trainwreck it was.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.