[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the new Doom Patrol? I just finished the first tpb,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed-212-600x922.jpg (154KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-212-600x922.jpg
154KB, 600x922px
Thoughts on the new Doom Patrol? I just finished the first tpb, and I thought it was pretty neat. The plot could've been fleshed out a little more; but with introduction of a new character, and pulling the team back together I thought it was pretty cool. Interested to in how Lucius becomes part of the team. He's in the story only a little bit, but he's on the cover so that might imply that he's gonna play a larger role later. I just wish the art was a little more surreal.
>>
It's familiar, but unique enough to stand out compared to the previous runs on Doom Patrol. I'm pretty much liking the entirety of Young Animal.
>>
Not as good as Shade the Changing Girl but better than Cave or Mother Panic.
Overall the line is pretty great.
>>
Feel about the same, it's a good story on its own but it's clearly setting up for more down the road, so it's hard to say how it is till we see what it's all leading to. I enjoy it for what it is, though.
>>
>>93037205
A lot of it seems like a setup or recap, and just riding on Morrison's ideas, so far. I hope the second arc gets it going. It's closer to Pollacks's run than Morrison's, and just as shallow, despite borrowing more ideas from the later.
>>
>>93037205
Gerard Way? As in the guy from My Chemical Romance?
>>
>>93037806
MCR was a detour for him. He was a Morrison Intern before he did MCR.
He's done a few other indies, like Umbrella Academy
>>
OP here. I've only read Morrison's run and this. I love Morrison's run and I do like this. What are some other good Doom Patrol runs?
>>
>>93037806
Yeah, he's done some comics before and when he signed on with DC, they made him head honcho of the Young Animal imprint.
He was actually planning to get into the industry earlier, but when 9/11 happened, he decided his music was more important.
Similar to Tom King, but replace music with CIA.
>>
Good interview with him today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LULmYaHH4Rc&t=2108s
>>
>>93038007
It died an early death due to New52, but I enjoyed Giffens run for the 21 issues that it lasted. Lots of good character development and it covered all eras of doom patrol.

Plus, it brought back the Metal Men mini story in the back of each issue. Some people will disagree, but it was good at coherently explaining their history while mixing in new weird things.
>>
>>93038636
Christ, he looks less like the wet dream of every teenage girl with a row of scars up her arms and more like your common nerd.
I want to see a fangirl's reaction to him.
>>
>>93038770
He's kind of let himself go a little bit recently. Doesn't have to keep up his rock star look anymore.
>>
>>93038007
Just don't read Byrne's run. It is not that great, and he pulled a "this is the way the characters SHOULD have been written all along!" and ejected all other continuity. This led to questions about how Beast Boy exists because Byrne erased his connection to group. Johns ended up immediately retconning most of Byrne's changes when he wrote Infinite Crisis (same time as Jason Todd being resurrected)
>>93038790
Way actually looked a lot like how he currently does when MCR first started. He's pretty chubby in some of those early music videos. He also recently turned 40
>>
File: doom patrol.jpg (2MB, 894x1286px) Image search: [Google]
doom patrol.jpg
2MB, 894x1286px
>>93038007
silver age Doom Patrol by Drake and Haney
>>
It has yet to gain momentum, nowhere near as good as Umbrella Academy. I got the feeling that Way's major problem was that he was going to respect ALL those who went before him, not just Morrison, and that makes for a clunky first arc. Fingers crossed for the continuation. If it fails, will not wait for the third act.
>>
>>93037205
Love it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.