[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon when AoStH and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 64

File: Sonic-and-Sally-Sonic-SatAm.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-and-Sally-Sonic-SatAm.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon when AoStH and Sonic Boom are much funnier and better shows with a better Robotnik?
>>
>>93029308
Waifus and nostalgia boners.

Actually that could apply to most of /co/'s opinions on old shows.
>>
>>93029308
They do not have better Robotniks. Take your memes and fuck off.
>>
>>93029308
Aosth is a literal meme and spawned countless cringey youtube poop shit.
>>
I can't get over how awful Sally's design is in this. No effort was made to make her look like a Sonic character.
>>
That fucking chipmunk.

I will mourn the loss of Archie Sonic, but celebrate the fact that she's finally gone.
>>
File: You.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
You.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>Better Robotnik
>>
File: 1473882228527.jpg (42KB, 592x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473882228527.jpg
42KB, 592x512px
>>93029308
>Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon when AoStH
Stopped taking seriously there.
>>
File: Perci_TV_series.png (533KB, 397x584px) Image search: [Google]
Perci_TV_series.png
533KB, 397x584px
I will admit Sonic Boom has some pretty tasty girls.

I am biased though, Sally was my first waifu
>>
Sonic Underground is better because it has Knuckles.
>>
File: Sheev Urkle.png (134KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sheev Urkle.png
134KB, 300x300px
>>93029308
if you didn't get up early to watch this and Reboot get off my internet
>>
>>93029582
qt
>>
>>93029308
because it has depth, you mongrel.
the slapstick and lazy writing of any other sonic cartoon could only entertain 3 year olds
>>
File: images (13).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>she calls Sonic the leader of the Freedom Fighters with a straight face
Always bugged the shit out of me. Did Sonic ever coordinate an attack or give a single order in 2 seasons? If anybody, Sally is the leader.
>>
>>93030248
Only a 3 year old would think Satam had depth.
>>
File: QGBs6.jpg (13KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
QGBs6.jpg
13KB, 450x338px
>>
File: Naugus_Restored.png (54KB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
Naugus_Restored.png
54KB, 200x118px
>>93030686
Explain this.
>>
>>93030358
she says that to make him feel important when all he was, was a running trump card
>>
>>93029308
Retarded ≠ funny.
>>
>>93029368
>Awesome Foil by John William "Long John" Baldry (seriously look him up and listen to his music)
>Generic saturday morning cartoon badguy with gravel lodged in his throat

Get some taste boy.
>>
File: med_1456068069_image.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
med_1456068069_image.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>93031115
>Jim Cummings is a bad VA

desu, robotnik has never had a bad VA.
>>
>>93031183
He was Better as Pooh bear and the Narrator of the Bee movie

But aye he was a man with a thousand voices.
>>
File: snap3178.jpg (190KB, 1373x1050px) Image search: [Google]
snap3178.jpg
190KB, 1373x1050px
>>93029308
Because they gave the girls big tits. This goes way beyond just suggesting a feminine shape.
>>
File: 1414683186561.gif (747KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1414683186561.gif
747KB, 500x375px
The problem was it never felt like Sonic really belonged in the SatAM world. He felt very forced into the story and his character was always at odds with the tone.
>>
File: snap3182.jpg (99KB, 1368x1050px) Image search: [Google]
snap3182.jpg
99KB, 1368x1050px
I recently re-watched this show out of curious nostalgia and discovered it had a whole second season I never knew about.

It's kind of shit, though, or at least I think so now. As a child I remember being somewhat intrigued by its relatively grim tone, although now I can see it's just dressing for a normal action cartoon. If it appealed to kids in that way I suppose it was doing its job.

It had one two part story about time travel that made no sense and I suspect was several re-writes badly smashed together. It couldn't even decide how time travel, a fantasy concept that gives the writer freedom, worked.
>>
Why were two different shows with such different tones created at the same time with the same character design and voice actor for the lead?
>>
>>93029308
>funnier
>"better" Robotnick
This show was a slow burn compared to today's shows. But you're off on the Robotnick, SATAM had an awesome Robotnick, he was savage, gritty, and predominantly non-comedic.
>>
File: AoStH_Breezie_2.png (803KB, 919x703px) Image search: [Google]
AoStH_Breezie_2.png
803KB, 919x703px
>>93031265
>>
File: Merna.jpg (48KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Merna.jpg
48KB, 720x576px
>>93032046
>>
File: Robotnik_and_katella.jpg (10KB, 185x152px) Image search: [Google]
Robotnik_and_katella.jpg
10KB, 185x152px
>>93032081
>>
>>93032046
An early fap of mine. It's a wonder I didn't turn out a furry.
>>
SNOOPING
>>
AS
>>
>>93029308
>Sonic Boom is better
>Fanbase Jokes: The Show

I stopped reading there.
>>
File: $_5710.jpg (104KB, 1020x688px) Image search: [Google]
$_5710.jpg
104KB, 1020x688px
>>93029308
It's a matter of personal preference, whether you like lore shit or slapstick. It's kind of admirable that they were able to make a gritty cyberpunk show about a ruined future out of a franchise about a hedgehog and a fox fighting a fat egg shaped man who kidnaps woodland creatures and turns them into robots. I still prefer AoStH because it's closer to the spirit of the games. Robotnik is threatening, but comical and childish. The environments are colorful and zany. The character designs are endearingly wacky. You can tell that AoStH was designed as a show about Sonic the Hedgehog, and you can tell that SatAM was converted out of a different project and had the Sonic designs slapped onto it for brand recognition.
>>
File: 1473916453671.jpg (104KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1473916453671.jpg
104KB, 720x576px
>>93029369
>cringey youtube poop
Nigger this shit is straight kino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPq2ue3RAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRy3TulziY&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkMnRq5Ie4&t
>>
>>93029308
>funnier
It's not meant to be a comedy. This is like saying Krypto the Super Dog is funnier and better than the Justice League
>>
>>93033358
YTP's were literally just shitposting in video form!
>>
>>93029308

When I was a kid that was struggling to find positive role models while my parents were in the middle of their own destruction, it was characters like Sonic and Spider-Man that helped me keep going. They kept positive and joked in dark times, and those around them looked up to them.

That's why it's better. It wasn't always wacky and silly, but Sonic approached each episode like he couldn't be stopped. Probably saved my life as a kid.
>>
>>93032363
>>93032422
>>93032741
Combo broken
>>
>>93030686
that wad supposed to be the bat sorcerer right?
I thought it was knuckles
>>
TOMORROW I'LL
>>
>>93029308
People can have different tastes and opinions than you. In some cases the majority of people may prefer something you don't. The horror.
>>
>>93030358
He was their weapon of mass destruction, better keep him on a leash and that leash is tied to his ego.
>>
>>93034177
TOUCH
MY
PINGAS

well we all love a good PINGAS joke, why dont we move on to the cutting of the MONITORS
>>
>>93033553
It's a video form of a shitpost collage more like it.
>>
Liking AOSTH more is literally Chris Chan tier autism, like enjoying the American Rabbit or preferring the fake Ghost Busters to The Real Ghost Busters
>>
>>93032741
i hope SEGA realize too many self-aware joke can get old sometimes.
>>
>SatAM Robotnik
>Better
I won't argue with someone who says SatAM was the best Sonic cartoon (even though I disagree), but that Robotnik fucking sucked. What makes Eggman/Robotnik such a great character is that he could be menacing, while also being entertaining. SatAM Robotnik was fucking boring. He had a cool design, but he was nowhere near as fun as other interpretations of the character.
>>
>>93036833
>someone who says SatAM was the best Sonic cartoon
But they're completely wrong, though. It's second to Underground being the worst.
>>
>>93030129
>not including Bump in the Night in your routine.

your childhood was literally shit.
>>
>>93031265

muh dick...
>>
>>93037187
If you think AOSTH was good, you're either stuck in the same state of mind you had when you were 6 years old, or you never played the games, which for all their bright colors and cartoonishness, NEVER were as goofy or straight up retarded as AOSTH

I remember being a kid getting hyped as fuck from the boss music, the rocking tunes, fighting enemies who were pretty threatening at that age like Mecha, transforming into Super Sonic, etc. Sonic is inherently for kids, but it is was as close to epic and badass as kids media got back then, AOSTH was just retarded

I bring this up because AOSTH fags always tend to use the argument "SONIC IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY" all the time when no, that was never the case, Sonic was the epitome of 90s edge as far as childrens media featuring cartoon animals could possibly go right from the source material
>>
>>93029582
>ywn giggle after feeling her throat tickle your dick every time she baaahs when giving you head
lady goat from sonic boom is best
>>
I liked the concept of SatAM, but it didn't quite reach potential for me. I do love Robotnik in it, though.
>>
>>93037187
I said I didn't agree with it.
>>
>>93029582
>first
How old are you
>>
>>93038049
I think a better question is how young are you?
>>
File: doc robotnik.jpg (560KB, 1600x1232px) Image search: [Google]
doc robotnik.jpg
560KB, 1600x1232px
>>93029308
Because Sonic SatAM was the show for kids who wanted to be cool and edgy (a.k.a 90% of the Sonic fanbase) by watching the Sonic show where he went on epic adventures and had a furry princess girlfriend and fought a scary Robotnik and whatnot, instead of cartoony slapstick aimed at children. These are the kids who thought SatAM had "depth", that it was the coolest action show evur, and who thought Shadow the Edgehog was the best thing of the franchise.

It literally was not even supposed to be a Sonic cartoon, they just slapped it on for merchandising. Nothing about this show is remarkable in any way. It's the Double Dragon cartoon with a Sonic paint over it.
At least AoStH and Sonic Boom have occasionally funny gags as well as a god-tier Robotnik who actually feels like Robotnik and not a lazy generic evil overlord (although props to Jim Cummings for at least making him sound scary).
>>
>>93037453
Funny since SatAM is absolutely nothing like Sonic. It's a dull show with hamfisted drama filled with fans who can't let go of the past. AoStH was more Sonic-like than it ever was.
>>
>>93038381
neither shows were "sonic-like"
>>
>>93038381
I didn't say SATAM was a perfect adaption or that it was close to the source material, I said AOSTH was even less so.

Sonic, going by the games, was a bright and colorful yet cool, badass, and epic adventure. SATAM got the adventure part of it right and the attempt to take itself seriously, but it was largely a total reimagining otherwise

AOSTH was just a poor mans Looney Tunes mixed with Care Bears on crack

A really good Sonic cartoon might lie somewhere in between, taking the general idea of SATAM but taking the colors of AOSTH. In either case, Sonic was never a Bugs Bunny character to me as a kid playing the games, he was a hero who saved the planet.
>>
File: Sally_in_AoSTH.jpg (56KB, 629x477px) Image search: [Google]
Sally_in_AoSTH.jpg
56KB, 629x477px
That one episode of AOSTH that Sally make a cameo appearance.
>>
Dulcy gave me a dragon fetish.
>>
>>93038520
>AOSTH was just a poor mans Looney Tunes mixed with Care Bears on crack
AOSTH wasnt even good enough to be a looney tunes rip off because it wasnt fucking funny at all
Robotnik was the only decent thing about that show but even that didnt change the fact that the entire show was shit
SatAM was mediocre at best and is only saved by Charlie Adler and Kath Soucie

>>93038690
you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>93029373
her voice tho
>>
>>93029373
To be fair Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik were literally the only Sonic characters at the time.
>>
Sonic boom doesn't get enough love
>>
>>93029308
plenty of people agree with you
>>
>>93039213
Almost but not exactly, Sonic CD came out not to long after the series which brought in Amy and Metal Sonic, though considering the historical animosity between Sega of Japan and Sega of America, I wouldn't be surprised if they either didn't tell them about it (supposing the two were even properly finalized when development on the show started) or flat out forbid them from using them.
Sonic and Knuckles also came out during the show's lifetime, but it was at its tail end of it.
>>
>>93032164
Please tell me there's pr0n of her.
>>
>>93029308
Better writing.
Characters.
Setting.
Voice acting.
General design.

How the fuck wasn't it the best version?....
>>
>>93030129
We should have a sleepover.
>>
When will Sally Acorn be featured in a Sonic game, guise?
>>
>>93029308
>Why do people say this is the best Sonic cartoon
Because furfags.
>>
>>93042248
>Better writing.
>Characters.
>Setting.
>Voice acting.
>General design.
Explain yourself, because even if that's true, there's not really much competition.
>>
Not saying much considering all the Sonic cartoons are garbage.

Either they're just horrible, or they have terrible writing, the new 3D one might be one of the best attempts and that is obviously shitty.
>>
>>93042351
>SEGA
>A very Japanese company
>Holds a massive grudge again the American branch and will gladly fuck them over
>and after Archie's immense fuck up over something that should've been piss easy to dismiss
Yeah, no, Japan really, REALLY does not care about whatever the fuck America branch thought up for Sonic, the entire reason why the Americans made their own Sonic bible was because they did not receive anything from Sega. As far as SEGA is concerned, while they might own shit like the freedom fighters and Sally, they are illegitimate and once Archie dies, they're into the garbage can forever. Not to mention, Sally and the others are incredibly redundant now, Sonic has his own cast now, some say he has too much of a cast even, her rule as 'love interest' is kinda-sorta-but-not-really tied up with Amy, and in terms of female cast member who can fight, she gets badly trumped by Blaze, both of which are far more legitimate than Sally is in Sega's eyes.
>>
The only good pieces of Sonic animation are the OVA and Nigt of the Werehog
>>
Because:
1. Scary Robuttnik > Pingas bullshit
2. It's a fucking amazing action cartoon
3. Sally Acorn is one of the best female characters ever created and her and Sonic are the best TV couple ever.

SaTam is so way past cool that nothing can compete.
>>
>>93042903
>SaTam is so way past cool that nothing can compete.
I really, really hope you're being sarcastic because anyone who unironically uses that stupid term is beyond hope.
>>
>>93043357
Don't have a cow, dude!
>>
>>93043379
I miss the 90s, but I sure as hell won't miss the god awful slang.
>>
>>93043529
As if todays slang is any better
Dont forget YOLO because you're WOKE and SWOLL , fuccboiiii! Lemme fucc your boipussi!
>>
>>93043955
I never defended modern slang.
Merely saying if there's one aspect I'll gladly remove from the 90s, its the slang.
>>
>>93029308
>The people

Some do, some don't.

Mostly, SatAM has a nice fanbase of furry edgelords. Meanwhile, AoSTH's goofy, self-loving Robotnik was much closer to the games.

>>93029368
>memes
It's a genuinely good performance and an engaging, show-stealing character.
>>
>>93042248
Whoa, when did it have those things?
>>
>>93044073
>Meanwhile, AoSTH's goofy, self-loving Robotnik was much closer to the games.
What from the games ever gave you that impression that AOSTH gave you

I'll wait
>>
>>93044721
Not him, but AoStH as a whole was the most like the games:

>Fast paced.
>Had the Chaos Emeralds.
>Had the special stage.
>Used robots based on the games. Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts.
>Robotnik being bombastic like most of his counterparts.
>Sonic and Tails having a brother-like friendship.
>Even though it was an insult, Robotnik was called Eggman once.

SatAM can barely even be called Sonic outside of having the titular character and Tails. (Julian was pretty much an original character, since he was nothing like all the Eggman portrayals, he barely acts and looks like Eggman.)
>>
>>93029308
>much funnier
that is the reason.

People like the darker more serious one over the silly one. Unless you are a memelord. then you like AoStH.
>>
File: All right then.png (542KB, 559x453px) Image search: [Google]
All right then.png
542KB, 559x453px
>>93037453
>fighting enemies who were pretty threatening at that age like Mecha, transforming into Super Sonic
Mind your chronology, both came after AOSTH technically.
>>
>>93040687
So much...
>>
>>93029308
SatAM had better writing than AoStH, but AoStH made me laugh more.

Sonic Boom beats both of them though because it's genuinely hilarious and the continuity nods are great.
>>
>>93045078
>SatAM
>darker
>more serious
>>
>>93036833
Nigga, SatAM Robotnik was terrifying. I love Long John Baldry as much as the next guy, but AoStH Robotnik was just goofy af. Jim Cummings voice was downright terrifying as Robotnik.
>>
>>93045145
You could be right, I haven't seen that stupid show since I was a little kid outside of idiotic clips here and there
>>93044874
It had aesthetics from the game, but the show itself was nothing like it....SATAM was closer to is in terms of how it played out, but had none of the aesthetics. Like I said, a good Sonic show probably lies in between the two.
>>
Over two decades and you people still bicker about two shitty tv shows that SEGA wont' even admit under gunpoint, takes a special kind of crazy.
>>
>>93045358
>but the show itself was nothing like it....SATAM was closer to is in terms of how it played out
HOW?
>>
>>93045254
He was literally some Darth Vader knockoff who does stuff for duh evols. You must be some kind of pussy to find that "terrifying".
>>
>>93029308

This was the first time lore and seriousness was really attempted for a game about a fast hedgehog that was s simple side scroller

Besides getting some good characters helped out too
>>
>>93029308
Some people have taste so unbelievably bad that they prefer poorly written adventures to average comedy.

That's all I got.
It's a mess of a show that's a struggle to watch even if you like the setting or characters. Season 1 has all of two enjoyable episodes (one of which is the damn pilot) and Season 2 is a smattering of nice moments stretched across over four hours of monotony.
>>
>>93037453
Or you give a shit about animation fundamentals. I personally place a middling show that was smart enough to draw from the classics and stretch an abysmal budget above a shallow attempt at pulp thrills that falls on its face.
>>
>>93046032
>>93045972
I'm just going to say that if you think the "humor" in AOSTH was anything you could even consider humor, or close at all to the classics it tried to imitate, you have absolutely no understanding of slapstick, humor, punchlines, or what made the classics good in the first place

You are Chip Chipperson
>>
>>93045397
>HOW?
And adventure show with a narrative and over arching plot, like the games

Once again, it wasn't exactly like the games but it was closer in terms of what the games were, the games weren't about comedy
>>
>>93046114
Says the autist. Stick to Sonic Boom's crap meme humor
>>
>>93046145
You're really grasping. Those are very generic terms you're using that can be applied to other media. SatAM is nothing like the games when you compare the two.
>>
>>93046114
It wasn't terribly good, but it was competent at its job. The effectiveness of the slapstick varied wildly by episode/studio, but some of the TMS episodes are genuinely endearing and pull it off well. The basic character design is nuanced and well suited to its utility, which is probably the show's strongest point.

TL;DR, your hyperbole is embarrassing. It's no Merrie Melodies. You would never mistake it for a Fleischer toon. It is, however, cognizant of its budgetary limitations and effectively utilized classic design principles to get more out of it than the likes of Captain N and Street Fighter.

But for real, SatAM is deeply broken in nearly every way and defending it betrays ignorance of quality animation. To say something is better than it is like saying a show us better than Van-Pires.
>>
>>93046151
I've literally never watched that show in my life outside of the episode that made fun of the autist Chris Chan, which was hilarious, and a person I assume you share much in common with in terms of obsessing over awful, awful cartoons
>>
>>93046282
SATAM is better than AOSTH because it attempted to tell a story.

AOSTH attempted to be funny, and it wasn't. Not one bit. There wasn't even an attempt to be funny as anybody who is a fan of classic cartoon humor can easily see, there was no attempt at anything with AOSTH.
>>
>>93046356
>attempted to tell a story.
Failed miserably if you ask me, seemed like the only thing it did accomplish was breeding autists, waifu and furry fags, and entrenching the stupid concept of Mobius into people's heads.
>>
>>93046388
>entrenching the stupid concept of Mobius into people's heads
are you implying AOSTH didnt take place on mobius
>>
>>93046356
>SATAM is better than AOSTH because it attempted to tell a story.
And failed.

>AOSTH attempted to be funny, and it wasn't. Not one bit. There wasn't even an attempt to be funny as anybody who is a fan of classic cartoon humor can easily see, there was no attempt at anything with AOSTH.
Only to you. You're probably too autistic to find it funny because you think Sonic needs to be dark and edgy. (Which SatAM really wasn't, but it was probably babbys first "serious" cartoon.)
>>
>>93046356
Really? It did?
The first season was episodic and failed to do anything aside from establish 2/3 of the cast. Then the second season was recruiting some groups, about three episodes of backstory, some filler because they seemingly ran out of ideas, and a finale where the other groups are immediately captured, rendering the rest of the season pointless, and Sonic wins by pulling extra rings out his ass.

Shit, the Chaos Emerald arc in AoStH did a better job of telling a serial narrative.
>>
>>93046485
No of course not.
>>
What gets me about the AoStH vs SatAM arguments is that both of them were trounced by the first two or three years of Archie' s comic. There were better gags, better action scenes, more expressive art, better versions of the backstory, etc. A couple people who barely gave a shit wrote better stories than either show; why even argue which is better when they're both dreadful in comparison?
>>
>>93046485
They're probably saying SatAM made people take it seriously and obsess about the DEEP LORE and correct anyone who dared to imply it was just Earth, including Sega.
>>
Even though SoJ doesn't give any fucks about the western branch, it's funny to know that AoStH basically invented the "Eggman has two goofy robot sidekicks shtick" that we saw used in X and currently see in the games and Boom.

What element has been used from SatAM? You can't say Chili Dogs because AoStH was actually produced before SatAM, so that makes it TWO things from it. So even Sega knows what the better show was.
>>
>>93046698
Especially with the autism over Eggman's name not being "Robotnik".
>>
>>93046700
Sega doesnt give a shit about any of your American trash
Thats like saying Nintendo treats the Mario and Zelda cartoons as canon
>>
>>93046700
They've used Way Past Cool in marketing a few times, akin to Gotta Go Fast.
Adventure Eggman was at one point pitched to have a robot arm for synergy.
>>
>>93046741
I wonder how many people realize that Service Games was originally an American company, which is part of why they're slightly more in tune with the West than Nintendo or Capcom.
>>
>>93046672
The scariest thing about your post is that you might actually believe what you've written.
>>
>>93042903
>It's a fucking amazing action cartoon
That's bullshit. The animation is often shit and the stories are nothing special. It's middle-of-the-road stuff. It absolutely doesn't rank with '90s "serious cartoon" greats like Batman TAS, Gargoyles, or Exo-Squad.
>>
>>93046815
Yes, well, times ahve change, and SoJ holds all the cards, and they're not sharing.
Which is for the best really, SoJ's policy in regards to foreign Sonic ideas is probably one of their smarter policies.
>>
>>93042903
I firmly believe you are just being ironic for "(You)s.
>>
SatAM is generally enjoyed by people who want Sonic to be a bit more serious and have a bit more edge to it. Your Sonic Adventure fans.

AoSTH is generally enjoyed by people who want Sonic to be more comical and only involve Sonic, Tails and Robotnik/Eggman. Your classic Sonic fans.

Sonic OVA is enjoyed by everybody because IT FUCKING RULED.

Sonic Underground is enjoyed by people who recreationally drink paint.

Everybody's position is valid in one way or another. Except Underground fans, jesus christ.
>>
>>93046897
Go compare Mecha Madness to SatAM. Go compare the Comic Book Bots issue to Super Robotnik.
The first 40 issues or so of Archie is better written than either show, barring a few exceptions.
>>
>>93047008
Fuck you, Tamers12345 is pure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNTsPmfJOkU
>>
File: imageproxy.php.png (1MB, 1025x768px) Image search: [Google]
imageproxy.php.png
1MB, 1025x768px
>>93029308

Eh, I prefer the Sonic Adventure duology version.
>Actually competent.
>Threatens the president and blows up half the moon to make a point.
>Holds Amy at gunpoint and manages to nearly kill Sonic.
>At the end of his team's story is only a breath away from being successful.
>Has that bitchin' theme

Also Deem Bristow manages to make him genuinely threatening without being all creepy like Cummings.
>>
>>93046897
No, he's right. The first 50 issues of the comic are oozing with comedy, action and style.

My memory of the comic gets pretty goddamn foggy after Endgame, though.
>>
>>93047141
>BECAUSE YOU JUST TOLD ME, FOXBOY.
Just downright mindfucks Sonic and Tails.

It's almost like learning the truth about his grandfather took away some of Eggman's spark because he was NEVER that on the ball again.
>>
SatAM is the superior show because of Snively
>>
>>93047191

There was 06, but he was just boring and stupid-looking without SATAM's creepiness or SA's sense of menace but with a slightly hammy feel.
>>
>>93047160
I'd cut it off at 40, personally.
Most of 41-50 is a big step down from the prior year and is trying *really* hard to emulate SatAM. EndGame is better than SatAM' s finale...but it's still not very good.
>>
>>93047008
>AoSTH is generally enjoyed by people who want Sonic to be more comical and only involve Sonic, Tails and Robotnik/Eggman. Your classic Sonic fans.
That's bullshit. The classic Sonic games were a total adventure, in merely the second game you were fighting evil robot Sonics and could become super sayain by collecting magic crystals and it had a story arch. Classic Sonic was serious and epic in it's own right, absolutely nothing about the classic games gave any clue that it was supposed to be fucking shitty version of Looney Tunes
>>
>>93047296
He was a fucking idiot in Sonic 06.

>I need the Princess to accomplish this plan.
>So let's put the Princess on this train.
>And let's put bombs in front of the train.
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAH TAKE THAT YOU STUPID HEDGEHOG!

To be entirely fair, though, everybody except Shadow and maybe Blaze was a fucking idiot in 06.
>>
SatAM was inconsistent. Sometimes Robotnic was a megalomanical tyrant and sometimes he was a pompous incompetent. Sometimes robots were unliving machines and getting transformed into one was a horror and sometimes they had personalities and traded banter with Sonic.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 196x257px
>>93047449
>in merely the second game you were fighting evil robot Sonics
>>
>>93047449
Still nothing like SatAM, though.
>>
are people still pretending AOSTH was good?
>>
>>93047449
You're talking about the same game where you continuously chase a fat man named after a Beatles song, jump around a mega-sized casino pinball table, and jump on cute neon robots, all while upbeat 90's synth pop blares in the background.

Basically, please stop projecting. It's an adventure, but the tone was never "epic." It was cute, stylish, whimsy and adventurous all at once to snag the widest demographic possible.
>>
>>93046700
>that makes it TWO things
That's TWO great things!
Not one great thing and an okay thing, not one great thing and a so-so thing.
>>
>>93047652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TyqjeGmA54
games always had edgy shit
>>
>>93047700
>US version uses a sloppy song for the bad guy in the niche game nobody played at launch.
>This means the series is edgy!

Fuck off.
By that logic Zelda is edgy because Link's blood is used to revive Ganon in Z2 and it looks SO SCARY!!!
>>
>>93047755
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpSad0TMRMM
>>
I like the autism in this thread.
>>
File: Something special!.jpg (61KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Something special!.jpg
61KB, 720x576px
>>93047645
No, they've started actually admitting it.
>>
>>93047782
>a scene with robotnik
like pottery
>>
SatAM did not have good writing. The time travel two-parter is gobbledygook and one episode has the heroes down a plane about to discover their hideout only for the villains not to react and just send another plane later. The episode was about destroying the satellite that would let the aircraft find the hideout in the first place so the sane writing choice is to use that as a ticking-clock plot device instead of the weird senseless shit they did.

And then there's that episode where some nothing characters get captured and turned into robot slaves and only Sonic reacts even though Sally is big on responsibility and compassion.

Shit was wonky.
>>
>>93047777
https://youtu.be/wLTb0KUfRN0
What's your point?
>>
File: 1481580879446.jpg (369KB, 1077x1644px) Image search: [Google]
1481580879446.jpg
369KB, 1077x1644px
>>93048057
hmmm
>>
File: mechas.png (15KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
mechas.png
15KB, 266x190px
>>93047549
>>in merely the second game you were fighting evil robot Sonics
>>93047576
So? That doesn't mean it was a comedic game series either, nothing in the games was comedic
>>
>>93029308
Is this /b/ait? What kind of mental defect would enjoy AOSTH? Only a mexican, a pajeet, a texan or some low scum straight out of r9k, s4s and /b/ would do such a thing.

When I was 5 I enjoyed the ever living fuck out of Sonic Sat Am because action cartoons are fucking amazing.

I bet you were the kind of faggot that switched the channel from Swat Kats to Looney Tunes and then to Animaniacs, you sick disgusting faggot.
>>
They both did what they were meant to do quite well, but AoStH didn't have the budget it needed to really shine. At the end of the day, it's like asking "Which was better: Freakazoid or Superman: The Animated Series?"

AoStH had a reputation as the dumb Sonic cartoon, largely thanks to the Sonic fandom and their sanctification of SatAM Sonic. We're now seeing a pushback against that, mostly due to memebois. Not saying they don't have a point, but they're getting as rabid as the SatAM fanboys were ten years ago.

Of course, there's been a negative reaction to "serious" Sonic since Shadow showed up, but that's because he was an edge too far.
>>93042351
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Spinball
>>
File: dYUMybC.png (222KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dYUMybC.png
222KB, 500x375px
>>93048569
What the fuck is wrong with you? Of course Freakazoid was better. Thanks for the trip, filtered.
>>
>>93048075
Yeah, that sure is fanart.
Not sure what you're trying to say.
>>
>>93047141
I really wish I could find that compilation of Bristow's lines somebody posted a while back.
>>
>>93048334
The point was that you were doing that in the first game as well, you nerd.
>>
>>93038720
>you're a fucking faggot
Why?
>>
File: EVdsMdB - Imgur.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EVdsMdB - Imgur.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>93047449
>Classic Sonic was serious and epic in it's own right
It was never "epic" you fucking autist. There's a difference between telling a deep, serious narrative and just playing your goofy shit straightfaced. Sonic 2 and 3 revolved around the Not-Deathstar with a fucking mustache attached to it. You remind me of that John K. quote about the Ren & Stimpy episode where Stimpy farts and thinks it's his kid. By playing it straight and using tragic music he was able to get people emotional over the fact that Stimpy couldn't fart a second time. Listen to Sonic CD taking itself seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXR0T5mJ68

Look at the new game taking itself seriously with its little gifs of Robotnik dancing in a tophat.
>>
>>93029308
because they wanna sound like edgy snowflakes who thought it as more mature when sonic should be the opposite
>>
>>93030358
wait Sonic was meant to be a terrorist now?
>>
>>93034177

CUT THE MONITORS.
>>
>>93031302
this
The games of the time were mindblowing in style. They had their own consistent colourful inventive aesthetics and then satam was... drab and not just because that was the tone of the setting
>>
>>93029308
Aosth and Sonic Boom are not episodic like SatAM was and are all 3 are good for different reasonsand have their own highs and lows
Satam has the best Robotnik voice, Aosth has the best soundtrack
Boom surprisingly isnt shit at comedy
>>
>>93032259
Shhh...don't tell him, guys...
>>
>>93050508
I'm talking from the perspective of me as a kid. AOSTH is not what Sonic was about at all, not saying SATAM was either but it was closer....AOSTH was the kind of show that would lend itself to Mario, Sonic was never about random bullshit or comedy, it was stupid and childish yes, because it was for stupid children, but it was still an adventure game with a narrative that kids got involved in

I'll repeat it again, a really good Sonic show probably would meet in between the two shows
>>
>>93036833
Nigga, Robotnik isn't meant to be FUN. He's evil as shit, and meant to be menacing. What the shit's going on with these child-minded simpletons thinking a cartoon sucks cuz it isn't funny, and bad guys are supposed to be "fun"? You want fun, go fap to Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor.
>>
>>93045214
Sonic isn't supposed to be a comedy. The world's in peril because some ginger asshole has a mecha fetish...and He's all but completely won. It's supposed to be some dire shit.
>>
>>93047472
I think you're accidentally mixing what you remember from the retard cartoon with the DECENT one. Satam had no robot banter. It was just stuff along the lines of "get hedgehog".
>>
I just think it's kinda amazing that two shows based on one franchise came out at the same time and have completely different interpretions and be successful in their own right

I'd probably prefer Satam for the fact that I'm an Archiefag but I think they're both decent for kids cartoons based on a video game
>>
>>93051680
this
>>
Okay guys listen

>Sonic
runs at sonic speed
>Tails
has tails
>Knuckles
has knuckles
>Rouge
wears lipstick
>Big the Cat
he big
>Cream the Rabbit
cream-colored
>Sally Acorn
chipmunk
>Blaze the Cat
can do pyro shit
>Shadow
he black

>Amy
...?
>>
>>93052103
dumb paranthesis poster
>>
>>93052180
...what? that's not even a word
>>
Honestly, I think Satam was a pretty weak interpretation Sonic, with him being the only useful and relevant character, and everybody else coming off as dead weight. I feel that AOSTH was actually more respectful to its own side characters.

But the worst thing about Satam has to be the character derailing of Tails, who's just a helpless toddler in that version, just so an OC can be the gadgeteer genius, even though Sonic 2 pretty clearly has Tails flying a plane.
>>
Sonic At the AM had an actual plot.
>>
>>93053326
Actually, if you look deeper into the dynamics of the characters in Satam, Sally's the brains, Bunnie's the brawn, Rotor's the inventor, Tails was there to be cute, and Antoine was the French faggot. Sonic was mainly their for speed.

When Satam was made, Tails wasn't even the inventor genius like he was.

So, AofSTH has no plot and just gags.
Sonic Boom has a loosely tied together story line and more jokes.
Satam had a great storyline, a fucking Robotnik that felt like an actual threat, and Sonic at his best, he wasn't purely a cunt. He wasn't purely unlikeable like he is in Boom.
>>
Coconuts best boy
>>
>>93033358
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiH1yysVbh4
>>
Why do people constantly assume SatAM is a comedy?
>>
>>93053696
Because it's hilariously bad.
>>
>>93053811
Not as bad as the other cartoons.
>>
>>93053811
better than X and Underground
>>
>>93053819
Wrong.

>>93053913
It's better than Underground, but worse than X. Although, those two aren't good margins of quality in the first place.
>>
Here is the undisputed rankings of best to worst Sonic animated shows.

1.OVA.
2. AoStH.
3. Boom.
4. X
5. SatAM.
6. Underground.
>>
File: Ken_Penders.jpg (28KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
Ken_Penders.jpg
28KB, 300x387px
>>93029308
>>
>>93052103
Is the quota mandated chick.
>>
>>93053520
>Satam had a great storyline
[citation needed]

>a fucking Robotnik that felt like an actual threat
Sitting on his ass throughout the show and going down like a bitch ar the end is not an "actual threat".

>and Sonic at his best, he wasn't purely a cunt.
Yes, a bratty, 90's one-liner machine that feels more like a guest character is Sonic at his best.

>He wasn't purely unlikeable like he is in Boom.
And that's your bar? Boom? Really?
>>
>>93030358
Most groups with loose, vague organization have two leaders.

You have the charismatic person who takes charge during combat and inspires everyone to victory through example. Pirate captains, war chiefs, tribal champions, etc.

Then you have the leader who does the logistics, planning missions, acquiring intelligence, securing supplies and so on. Strategists, first mates/bosuns, shamans, etc.

This works very well, but the moment a group becomes large enough that factions develop within the hierarchy, you start to see people deciding to take all the control/leadership for themselves and you get shit like rogue factions, rebellions, usurpation, and so on.
>>
so many Doug Walkers in this thread holy shit
>>
>>93031509
Sega US was shitting itself all over the place in the 90s.
>>
Enlighten me as to the mysteries of Sonic Underground, /co/. All I know is that it has hilariously bad animation and Jaleel White doing a terrible falsetto for the female character.
>>
>>93052103
Has a hammer & is cute
>>
>>93054599
that's pretty much the jist of it. I believe they (he) also did a song every episode.

it was never finished and that's the mystery
>>
>>93054640
but that has nothing to do with her name
>>
>>93054084
You heard it here first, /co/. This guy says Street Sharks is better then Satam
>>93054316
You know what Sonic was in everything else in the 90s? A bratty one-liner machine. Like in AoSTH, which I swear people are saying is good because of the Youtube Poops.
Next you'll tell me Mama Luigi was a fucking masterpiece of the Mario Bros cartoon.
>Satam Storyline was Sonic didn't save the world like he did in the video games, now everyone suffers and gets robotisized.
>>
>>93054824
>I swear people are saying is good because of the Youtube Poops.
And edgy furfags only say SatAM is good.
>>
>>93054861
It was one of the better action cartoons, fuck boy. It surely ranks higher then Extreme Dinosaurs and Street Sharks.

I swear, /co/s like that fucking critic who thought the dark edgy reboot of Godzilla 1984 should have been played for laughs.
>>
File: MySon.png (40KB, 331x309px) Image search: [Google]
MySon.png
40KB, 331x309px
>>93054194
>>
>>93054316
>complaining about Sonic being a 90's one liner machine
It's like you've never seen, played, read or even heard of Sonic.
>>
>>93042823
What happened with Archie, the ken penders thing?
>>
>>93054889
>"It was one of the better action cartoons, fuck boy."
>He actually believes.
>He actually unironically believes this.

Nigga, take off your nostalgia goggles already. They're hazing up your vision.
>>
>>93054819
She wears red, roses are red. Looks nice, but can hurt, like thorns on a rose. I didn't design her, ask SEGA.
>>
>>93050508

Eh, the original games had a "mixed" atmosphere to them IE some levels were bright and colorful with cheerful music playing, some levels had a darker environment IE the robotic levels and the burning forrest in 3 with a somewhat more "grim" feel too them.

Wasn't overly grimdark like SATAM but not as goofy and campy like AOSTH.
>>
>>93054930
SatAM one-liners were pure cringe. I don't think even the 90's thought they were cool.
>>
>>93054942
Oh, so it was shittier then fucking Street Sharks? Then Extreme Dinosaurs? Then fucking The Donkey Kong Cartoon?
>>
File: Kiss.png (595KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss.png
595KB, 640x480px
>all the people saying it was bad are secret Amy/Sonic shippers
>>
>>93054987
You're the only one bringing those shows in. I have not. I guess that shows were SatAM stands if that's what you think of.
>>
>>93055005
>Saying this when barely anyone has mentioned Amy itt
>>
>>93051393
His name's not Robotnik.
>>
>>93055031
I'm saying it's one of the better shit adventure action series, I can't come close to stuff like Beast Wars or Gargoyals, hell, not even Mummies Alive.
>>
>>93055033
It's what Sonallyfags use when their show receives criticism.
>>
File: Sugah Hog.png (238KB, 303x291px) Image search: [Google]
Sugah Hog.png
238KB, 303x291px
>>93055070
>implying I ship Sonic and Sally
>>
>>93055090
Either way, you're still stupid
>>
>>93055005

I admit that even though she's an obnoxious little shit, at least Amy is the same species as Sonic.
>>
>>93055141
And also a cunt.
And also blind as shit, thinking Shadow, Scourge, Metal, and Silver were all Sonic at some point.
And in the same universe where an Echidna and a Bat are fucking.
>>
>>93055176
>thinking Shadow, Scourge, Metal, and Silver
Outside of Metal & Silver, so did everyone else.
>>
>>93055176
Better than Sally with "How DARE you choose to save the world and protect everyone over me?! YOU'RE SO SELFISH!"
>>
>>93055005
>I need to bring shipping in to try to divert the criticism this show is getting!
>>
>>93055215
>Bringing up something Penders wrote
Amyfags are THIS desperate.
>>
>>93055248
Still happened in the comic, nigga. And where in that post did that anon even say they like Amy?
>>
>>93055275
You know what else happened in the comics? Amy got fucking over herself and pursued other fucking characters when Sonic wasn't interested in her.
>>
>>93055300
>Amy got fucking over herself and pursued other fucking characters when Sonic wasn't interested in her.
When?
>>
>>93055310
Since the reset, Amy's calmed down a lot when around Sonic.
>>
>>93055300
Amy befriends & helps people outside of Sonic in literally every interpretation of the character. Also, Amy never lost interest in Sonic in the comics. You're trying way too hard, my man.
>>
>>93055332
She never lost interest, of course, but she's mellowed the fuck out. She doesn't beat the shit out of him or anyone around him anymore if he rejects her. She doesn't fucking follow him constantly. She's not a fucking anime character in the comic anymore.
>>
File: Birthmark.png (361KB, 651x244px) Image search: [Google]
Birthmark.png
361KB, 651x244px
>>
File: 19f.jpg (683KB, 1957x1614px) Image search: [Google]
19f.jpg
683KB, 1957x1614px
>>93055328
She still pounces him & acts all lovey dovey around him.

>>93055373
> She doesn't beat the shit out of him or anyone around him anymore if he rejects her.
When was the last game she did this? Rush? Heroes?

>She doesn't fucking follow him constantly.
Yeah, because she's always teaming with him & always around him.
>>
Why do AoStH fans constantly feel the need to talk about and complain about SatAM? People liking SatAM won't make AoStH disappear from existence, it won't negatively impact them in any way, and yet the AoStH fans can't stop being obsessed with it.

Reminds me of all the DBD players who are constantly complaining about the Friday the 13th game.
>>
File: Sally_Acorn_3D.png (375KB, 621x751px) Image search: [Google]
Sally_Acorn_3D.png
375KB, 621x751px
>>93055423
Gee, Sally teams up with him, it must be true love. Same with Knuckles. Tails. Shadow. Eggman.

And I think she did last do it in Heroes, the last Sonic game I physically played. Shit, wait, no. I did the one with Marine too.
>>
>>93055444
Maybe because SatAMfags act like they're hotshit in this franchise.
>>
>>93055469
>hot shit
>sonic fandom
As a Satam fan, even I know this is a fucking stretch.
>>
>>93055485
There's a lot of people who go "how can people even LIKE AoStH? SatAM had DEPTH!" and shit

I just laugh because lack of self-awareness is funny, but I can see why people can get fed up with that bullshit (my experience has been whoever likes AoSTH only likes it because it's stupid fun, as opposed to THE EVANGELION OF THE SONIC FRANCHISE).
>>
File: TITAN TAILS.png (297KB, 391x302px) Image search: [Google]
TITAN TAILS.png
297KB, 391x302px
>>
>>93054987
If that's the only thing you can think of to compare SATAM to, no wonder you think it's great.
>>
>>93055469
I've yet to hear any SatAM fan claim to be anything in the franchise other than ignored red-headed stepchildren. Can you show me one?
>>
>>93055507
I only defended it because it has an over arching plot. But somehow I'm the scum of Sega now.
>>
>>93055462
Heroes' character writing is bad even for a Sonic game, everybody's exaggerated and annoying as hell. I'm not sure why Amy's the only one anybody goes to Heroes for as the "true" representation.
>>
>>93055530
Please make it soon, I get off work in about 10 minutes.
>>
>>93055556
>I only defended it because it has an over arching plot.
But it's not good.

>>93055530
>>93055569
Why don't you take another look at this thread.
>>
>>93055561
Didn't she instantly tell Vector, someone who has met her before, multiple times, that she wasn't willing to date him out of the blue? When he just wanted to ask about a fucking chao?
>>
>>93055485
It wasn't in the past, but ever since what, Unleashed? It's been reversed. People used to proclaim SatAM as the holy bible of Sonics, but to be fair, lots of middling 90s shows used to get this treatment.
>>
>>93055598
Yeah. The cutscenes in that game was fucking terrible. Remember the one between Chaotix & Team Dark?
>>
>>93055597
It's good compared to the other two USA Sonic cartoons that came out around the same time.
>Goofy Shinnanigans with Robotnik and his hench men
>Sonic and his random as shit siblings start a band and try to find mommy.
>World got fucked over by Robotnik, Knothole is the last safe place.
>>
>>93055598
Vector and Amy hadn't met before in Heroes, that was the first game where they both appeared.
>>
>>93038438

Shut up.
>>
>>93055623
>Met each other in games prior.
>Met each other in anime X
And of course, the stretch
>Met multiple times in Archie.
>>
>>93055598
Amy hasn't met Vector until that game.
>>
>>93055644
>Met each other in games prior.
They haven't.
>Met each other in anime X.
Not canon.
>Met multiple times in Archie.
Not canon.
>>
>>93055648
>>93055644

That just makes it worse then. She tells some random as shit crocodile 'I don't wanna date'.
>>
>>93055644
Heroes was the second time Chaotix appeared in a game & Amy wasn't in the first one (outside of the music menu).
>>
>>93054452
>its bad because doug walker likes it
fuck off cunt
>>
>>93055607
And hardcore weebs used to claim EVA was the most awesome thing ever, doesn't mean all Evangelion fans thought the same way. I kinda get the impression that you are taking the actions of a small vocal group and painting all the fans as such. Which isn't that good of an idea, when you realize how many fans of AoStH on Youtube are obsessed with those weird "Mickey pees in Minnie's bathtub" videos.
>>
>Amy's such a good girl
>As soon as Sonic Heroes ended, she kicked Big and Froggy off Team Rose to replace with fucking Blaze
>>
>>93055700

Okay.

But Sally is still a shitty Mary Sue. We are richer for having lost her.
>>
>>93055697
No, it was an incredibly common view at the time. It was assumed to be the "correct" one by the majority of the fanbase even.

>>93055706
Team Rose was just three people finding a chao, a frog and a hedgehog. They weren't an official organization.
>>
>>93029420
>but celebrate the fact that she's finally gone

Just like your waifu's game series.
>>
>>93055676
A muscular Crocodile wearing a gold chain and headphones came up to her. With that description, she probably thought he was a player.

>"Yo, pink bitch! You want my BCC? Big Croc Cock?"
>>
>>93055748

And any trace of SatAM. The nightmare is over.
>>
>>93055730
SALLY'S the Mary Sue? Fuck you, Boco.
>Amy is the second fastest hedgehog, only beaten by Shadow and Silver cause they use enhancing gadgets and abilities
>She can apparently TELEPORT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD like when she suddenly showed up on the prison ship for no other reason other then hug Shadow
>She's STRONG ENOUGH TO LIFT A HAMMER AND CAUSE MORE DAMAGE THEN KNUCKLES
>In the comics, she used to be Rosie the Rascal, a 11 year old, who then used a Magic Ring to age up to Sonic's age just to chase after him.
>Her brother was literally Robin Hood.
>>
File: 1451599154604.png (656KB, 806x758px) Image search: [Google]
1451599154604.png
656KB, 806x758px
>>93055748
holy shit
>>
>>93055795
>>Amy is the second fastest hedgehog, only beaten by Shadow and Silver
Which makes her... the slowest hedgehog. Because nobody cares why Silver and Shadow can go so fast.
>>
>>93055795
>None-canon shit.
>Exaggerations.
>Poorly informed.
>Outright pulling shit out of your ass.

You really need to fucking try harder.
>>
>>93055748
I find it fucking hilarious that you think its gone when its existed for over 20 years
>>
>>93055795

Oooh, I touched a nerve.
>>
>>93055848
Yet she can keep up with Shadow and Sonic. Easily. Especially in Boom and Heroes.
>>93055852
Nice, you sure showed me.
I'm taking traits from all three Amy Roses.
>>
File: Lien Da.png (273KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lien Da.png
273KB, 640x480px
>>93055891
Shame you can't touch a nerve to make Capcom make a new Dark Stalkers.
>>
>>93055914
kek
>>
>>93055891
>Archie asked Capcom to use some of their IPs in their Sonic/Megaman cross over
>They ignored Dark Stalkers.

They fucking acknowledged Skies of Arcadia and fucking Alexx Kid before Dark Stalkers.
>>
You have ten seceonds to explain why Robotnik din't just raze the fucking forest down
Protip: you can't
>>
>>93055914

Just like Sega will never use Sally, Bunnie, or Nicole ever again.

I can do this all night.
>>
>>93055953
thanks for the input
>>
>>93055948
Udon has the rights for Darkstalkers, and they had to go through legal hoops because they almost referenced Street Fighter (that Udon also has the rights for) in Megaman before.
>>
File: Bunnie_Post_WWC_V2.png (758KB, 764x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Bunnie_Post_WWC_V2.png
758KB, 764x1344px
>>93055988
At least they're getting used.
>>93056003
Yet almost the entire main cast of Street Fighter appears in this fucking cross over. Including M.Bison.
>>
Funny how today had a new issue of Street Fighter vs Darkstalkers, and then this conversation starts.
>>
File: STL041839.jpg (2MB, 1200x1848px) Image search: [Google]
STL041839.jpg
2MB, 1200x1848px
>>93056017

Not anymore.

Meanwhile, look who was in a new comic released in stores today? Why, its the Darkstalkers cast!

How about that.
>>
>>93056064
>Comic isn't canceled
>waifu fag so desperate when Morrigan isn't even on the cover
>>
>>93056064
It's funny the comics are the one thing keeping both relevant whereas the SatAm/Archie characters will never appear in a Sega game, and the only thing keeping Morgana from never being in games is to rep her franchise Marvel vs Capcom crossovers.

Otherwise both are as good as dead.
>>
>>93056093
>comic isn't cancelled

If you mean Sonic, then yeah. It is. Sorry man.
>>
>>93056017
>Yet almost the entire main cast of Street Fighter appears in this fucking cross over. Including M.Bison.
Yeah, they shelled out the money only for the big stars. Same as Capcom back in the day with Spider-Man and Activision for MvC3
>>
>>93056017
Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Guile, and Bison are the "entire" cast?
>>
>>93056130
Prove it.
>>
>>93056270
Dude, all future issues are listed as cancelled. You can't subscribe to it anymore. The writer is doing other work.

Anyone who thinks its not really dead is just in denial.
>>
>>93055988
Hey, they'll still be in the Satam Cartoon DVD and airings on STARSKids
When's the Dark Stalkers cartoon coming out on DVD, Boco.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Why on earth are we talking about this Western garbage when we have the best Sonic animation right here?

Seriously tho, I liked both cartoons. However, this blew me away as a kid
>>
>>93056318

https://www.amazon.com/Darkstalkers-Out-Shadows-Kathleen-Barr/dp/B00007KK4I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1496881583&sr=8-3&keywords=darkstalkers+dvd

And theres rumors Discotek is re-releasing it to go along with the Mega Man cartoon
>>
I defend Satam cause it pisses people off, but I won't fucking defend Dulcy 'CREE SUMMERS' the Dragon
>>
>>93056378
Jesus. It legit got a dvd release? Lmfao.
>>
File: caf3d0dbcdf9822a39dd65a60cb0971f.jpg (117KB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
caf3d0dbcdf9822a39dd65a60cb0971f.jpg
117KB, 2048x1025px
>>93056318
>>93056378

Your move, hot shot.
>>
File: Morrigan.png (99KB, 463x315px) Image search: [Google]
Morrigan.png
99KB, 463x315px
>>93056444
Alrighty.
>>
File: tumblr_lyeh25JnvG1rnsvazo1_500.jpg (54KB, 335x607px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyeh25JnvG1rnsvazo1_500.jpg
54KB, 335x607px
>>93056475

Mm hm.

How did Darkstalkers come up again anyway?
>>
>>93056475
wow thats fugly
>>
File: BOCO I LUV U.png (79KB, 256x193px) Image search: [Google]
BOCO I LUV U.png
79KB, 256x193px
>>93056517
>using penders
Oh you wanna play dirty?
>>
>>93056587
I dont see a difference
>>
>>93056587

That was Jon Gray, dumbass.

Seriously, how did this start again? And how does it stop?
>>
>>93056587
Actually that's John Grey. Penders writing sure, but he's not that good an artist.
>>
>>93056645
Bollers writing.
>>
File: Ken.png (1MB, 1024x693px) Image search: [Google]
Ken.png
1MB, 1024x693px
>>93056645
See you in court.
>>
File: Sally.png (152KB, 185x301px) Image search: [Google]
Sally.png
152KB, 185x301px
>>93056666
>666
>>
>>93056733
jesus fuck she's so hot
>>
>>93056666
>the devils quads
pls dont sue
>>
File: DONKEY PUNCH.gif (2MB, 443x248px) Image search: [Google]
DONKEY PUNCH.gif
2MB, 443x248px
>>
File: 1202097547012.png (160KB, 478x356px) Image search: [Google]
1202097547012.png
160KB, 478x356px
>>
File: fuck you.png (68KB, 222x219px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
68KB, 222x219px
>>93056666
>>
File: Rouge the Rat.png (93KB, 200x234px) Image search: [Google]
Rouge the Rat.png
93KB, 200x234px
>>
File: BITCH FIGHT.png (527KB, 386x607px) Image search: [Google]
BITCH FIGHT.png
527KB, 386x607px
>>
>>93057416
stop being bitches
>>
>>93033553
More like GLORIOUS chaos.
>>
>>93038272
>It literally was not even supposed to be a Sonic cartoon
Never heard that. Elaborate?
>>
>>93058282
I'm not that Anon but I read that somewhere also. Might be hear-say but supposedly the entire framework of the plot for Satam had been laid out before the Sonic license was tied to any part of the visual design. I think this info came from a guy who helped start the project on some hardcore fan board. A year or so ago.
>>
>>93055469
>Maybe because SatAMfags act like they're hotshit in this franchise.
Oh, and AoSTHfags never do that.
>>
>>93058458
>giant douche vs turd sandwich
>>
>>93056355
I honestly don't know why everyone wanks this off so hard. A lot of the bad shit in the Sonic series started here.
>>
>>93055597
>But it's not good.
Name a Sonic thing with a better overarching plot.
>>
>>93059353
The Chaos arc in Sonic Adventure
>>
>>93059353
About half the Archie Sonic arcs.
>>
Even as a kid I disliked Satam. I hated the world and the look of everything. I play the games with floating roman temples and sunny beaches, luminous ice caves and other weird locations...then the show is this gray mess with a Robotnik that doesn't leave his fucking room.

AoSTH was certainly more in keeping with the fun nature of the actual series it was based on.
>>
File: 1332791758558.gif (588KB, 312x351px) Image search: [Google]
1332791758558.gif
588KB, 312x351px
>>93029308
Way past cool!
>>
You must see this, or else something terrible will happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdODLmxFqo
>>
>>93060413
SUMMERTIME YEAH-EH-EH-EH LOVIN' IN THE SUMMERTIME
>>
>>93060474
damn that pilot was really bright compared to the rest of the series
>>
>>93033889
EVERYONE thought it was Knuckles. It SHOULD HAVE BEEN Knuckles. The fact that it wasn't proves the show didn't deserve to come back.
>>
>>93061377
did Sonic 3 even exist when this show was running
>>
>>93047008
Where does Sonic X fall on this spectrum though?
>>
>>93061399
Yes. Even S&K was out before the show ended.
>>
>>93061377
you greedy cunts got knuckles in Underground
>>
File: 1485967503601.jpg (90KB, 577x369px) Image search: [Google]
1485967503601.jpg
90KB, 577x369px
>>93061377
>EVERYONE
I thought it was Metal Sonic
>>
>>93061468
Underground fucking sucked. What kind of consolation is that?
>>
>>93048569
It's weird how 10 years ago, SatAM was held up as the gold standard for Sonic cartoons, but nowadays everyone trashes it for being edgy.

It's like the Sonic fandom finally grew up.
>>
File: knupples.jpg (119KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
knupples.jpg
119KB, 550x412px
>>93061468
>>93061490
>>
File: 1384113256502.gif (413KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1384113256502.gif
413KB, 500x341px
>>93061483
Then you'd only see red rings.
>>
>>93056355
OVA would be more worth talking about if they had done more. I wish they had.
>>
>>93061537
But Knuckles didn't have red eyes, who else could I have guessed at a young age?
>>
>>93061577
Even as a kid I knew Knuckles eyes weren't supposed to glow. I just assumed it was for dramatics that they fudged the lines a little.
>>
I find it weird trying to rank cartoons when they have separate contexts. One is more drama focused while the other more comedic.
>>
File: bait.gif (1MB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
1MB, 625x626px
>>93029308
Just say you want a Sonic thread man.
I'm so sick of this shit.
>>
>>93056355
This had more negatives than positives dude.

>Cat Princess Daughter of a President
>Owl
>"Lore"
>Voice Acting

I don't think I could ever sit through it again. I'd rather just watch the Sonic CD intro over.
>>
File: 1488051945777.png (608KB, 594x518px) Image search: [Google]
1488051945777.png
608KB, 594x518px
>>93061848
I wouldn't complain too much. At least he started the thread with actual discussion instead of a meme phrase, like 99.9999% of other threads. Consider the alternatives:

>Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that SatAM is best?
>Is Sally /our guy/?
>SatAM is best cartoon. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't

This place isn't even inhabited by people anymore. Just memevehicles.
>>
>>93061880
Voice acting is the only legitimate point you had.
>>
>>93062137
When people stop actually watching cartoons (or playing videogames, or consuming any actual board content), their brains degenerate quickly to the point where they can only repeat the same phrases over and over.
>>
File: 1496003899389.jpg (65KB, 600x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1496003899389.jpg
65KB, 600x1189px
>>93029582
>Sonic
>pretty tasty girls
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.