[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, why hasn't Marvel stolen DC's idea of making a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: featurecoverpic-750x400.jpg (151KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
featurecoverpic-750x400.jpg
151KB, 750x400px
So, why hasn't Marvel stolen DC's idea of making a bunch of direct to video animated movies? It's not like they aren't owned by the single most famous and influential animation company in the world.
>>
Because Marvel's animated productions have all sucked except for one or two things and can't hold a candle to DC's overall offerings content wise. Just like their comics.
>>
They don't give a shit about quality and only push the most profitable things.

Their multimedia is now mobile games and movies targeted at little kids.
>>
>>93024102
yeah this, all we'll ever get is the Hulk vs movies and planet hulk
>>
They tried, and the majority were garbage, the rest were okay to meh.
>>
>>93024053
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics
>>
Because then they wouldn't look like the MCU.
>>
because they don't have any good story that would be adapted and make people go buy the dvds/blurays as of right now. doing a MAU would need people who can actually write good stories, call out and change the bullshit stuff that happens in the comics.
>>
>>93024133
They did it once with Ultimates. The rest of the movies were their own thing, like Hulk vs Thor.
>>
>>93024188
>Punisher Max
>Spider-Man Blue
>Secret Wars I
>Kraven's Last Hunt
>Death of Jean DeWolff
>Fury Max

There's tons of shit they could work with. But as I stated >>93024181 it wouldn't look like the MCU.
>>
>>93024188
You know how I can tell you started reading comics within the last five years?
>>
>>93024053
cause it doesn't make much money
>>
>>93024233
they don't care about old stories. we are talking about marvel/disney here. if the comic division don't give a fuck about old stories since alot of contradition have been happening. do you think they will care about stories that normalfags do not care since they can't abuse the MCU related market?
>>
>>93024053
>So, why hasn't Marvel stolen DC's idea of making a bunch of direct to video animated movies?

Because Jeph Loeb is in charge of their animation department.
>>
>>93024516
He hasn't been in charge of their animation department for years, you fucking idiot
>>
>>93024053
Well, they had that one good Hulk vs Wolverine movie, and they're going to be making that huge steaming turd Miles Morales Spider-Man animated movie that nobody asked for. So, I think it's because their cinematic universe is taking up too much of their attention. And that they're retarded.
>>
>>93025144
Hulk vs Wolverine was almost ten years ago and was during the short period preceding the Avengers movie where Marvel's animation department suddenly gave a shit, with high-quality shows like Avengers EMH and Wolverine and the X-Men.

But even then you had executives trying to turn the shows into commercials for the Avengers movie, and after the movie was a success you had Loeb take full control, fuck the show up and then cancel it to make way for his own shitty commercials.
>>
They made a bunch and they were all meh
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.