[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can DC learn from the unexpected success of Wonder Woman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 488
Thread images: 43

File: leave capekino to me.jpg (63KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leave capekino to me.jpg
63KB, 1080x1080px
What can DC learn from the unexpected success of Wonder Woman?

Having so many critically flopped movies suddenly followed up by what is arguably the best cape movie of the decade is sure to have a serious impact. How do you think it will affect future Batman or Superman movies? Would a WW-centered Justice League movie work? What do you hope DC will take away from this success?
>>
>>93021655
>What can DC learn from the unexpected success of Wonder Woman?

Be more like Marvel and less like Snyder
>>
>>93021686
>less like Snyder

That's never going to happen. Snyder's wife is one of the people in charge. She's the whole reason he gets to keep making movies in the first place.
>>
>>93021686
>Be more like Marvel
How is Wonder Woman like Marvel?
>>
>>93021721
It's good, and not bad.
>>
>>93021655
To fire Zack Snyder. All his movies are terrible.
>>
>>93021655

MoS is the best Cape movie of the decade.
>>
>>93021686
WW is way more Snyder than Marvel though
>>
"Wondy's a success! we need a 100 more women super hero movies."

"What about the scripts?"

"Scripts? Fuck that!"
>>
My favorite part about the Mousedrones anti-Snyder rhetoric is the fact that Wonder Woman is actually the first DCEU movie that Snyder helped write the script for.

Snyder needs more control, not less.
Though admittedly he needs to learn how to use colors better as a director.
>>
>>93021865
Snyder is good at certain things and bad at other certain things
>>
>>93021655
Get a better director.
>>
>>93021721

I haven't seen it yet but I am given to understand that one of the characters in it smiled once.
>>
>>93021865

Snyder would be a great cinematographer, he does a pretty good job of capturing striking images and converting comic book styles to the big screen. He just needs someone over his shoulder telling him when something he wants to do is fucking stupid.
>>
>>93022042
>He just needs someone over his shoulder telling him when something he wants to do is fucking stupid.

So he's pretty much the new George Lucas.

I think the real lesson here is a movie is inherently a team effort and letting a director run roughshod over the whole production is a mistake.
>>
>>93021655
It can learn to get someone better writing and directing it's movies because Snyder is just a cancer on them.
>>
>>93021655
>being carried around by Diana like so much luggage
Not gonna lie, I'm a little envious. Lucky bastards.

How come everyone's always bagging on Snyder, and not that shitstain Goyer?
>>
>>93022066
>So he's pretty much the new George Lucas.
Nah, Mos and Bvs had FAR fucking greater thing in them then all the prequels combined.
>>
>>93022067
see
>>93021865

It's not a Snyder problem, it's a problem with letting one man have... too much... power?

Holy shit, that is meta as fuck
>>
>>93021686
>Be more like Marvel
More Quipping
Every film follows the exact same formula
Make every movie (expect GOTG) look like a big budget TV show

Lord i hope not.
>>
>>93021710
One of us needs to cuck Snyder
>>
>>93021737
So Thor movies aren't Marvel then?
>>
>>93022066
Is it really fair to cite that as a specifically George Lucas type thing? Let's be real here, we all have ideas we don't realize are dumb, but everyone else does.
>>
>>93021655
Don't be afraid to have your characters act like they're supposed to act.
>>
>>93022014
>I haven't seen it yet but I am given to understand that one of the characters in it smiled once.
You better retract that or DC will sue you for slander. DC characters having fun...that's crazy talk!
>>
>>93022014
Marvel invented smiling. What else have theyve done that i wasnt aware of.
>>
>>93022173
Yeah but Luke Gorgeous was the guy who most famously got those ideas put into a movie. Hitler was not the first, last, or best guy to try and exterminate a race, but he's our go-to example.
>>
>>93022202

I didn't bring up Marvel, you did.

Marvel's movies have problems but at least they don't exclusively make sourpuss movies for sad people.
>>
File: 1479478106466.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1479478106466.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>93021655
Keep bribing reviewers, like Marvel has done, it's the only way all these terrible superhero movies could get any higher than 30% in RT.
>>
>>93021737
But Marvel is bad. That makes no sense.
>>
>>93022299
This.
It's pretty fun seeing movies like BvS, with 30% and then Civil War, or Wonder Woman, and turns out they are all the same formulaic, soulless, exclusively money-minded shallow drivel with overpaid, mostly awful, actors in badly designed costumes.
>>
>>93022281
The post you were replying to did. I thought you were responding to that since the main 'criticism' is that DC heros dont smile while stopping evil but Marvel do'
>>
>>93021789
Not really. There eis a reason for everyone saying "it's so good that it looks like a Marvel film".

This was an actual headline in my country.
>>
>>93021721
It's made by people who actually like and respect Wonder Woman like the people who make Marvel movies.
>>
>>93022383

Oh. Uh. Whoops.

I was trying to reply to the OP
>>
>>93022383
Don't worry, Marvel's smile like stupid idiots and DC's are depressed teenagers.
None of them are good versions of anything.
The only hope is to see both the MCU and DCEU crash, burn, and have actual competent directors and actors working in them.
And stop basing themselves on comics unless they want to start retelling them.
Stories made for one medium can not be succesfully moved to another one.
>>
>>93022430
>Oh. Uh. Whoops.
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>93021865
>still being a cuck lier

Johns rewrotte everything on set (in the same way that Affleck rewrotte all of Batman's scenes on set during BvS) and they retconed a good chunk of Snyder's shit, like "losing faith in humanity".

Get fucked fanboy.
>>
>>93022151
This follow classic Marvel formula (that is older and pretty common on most actionplies anyway) and has more quips.

So yeah...like that.
>>
>>93021865
>mousedrones
>DCfriends
/co/, please, can you, for once, not sound like a feminized pussy who grew up in Ned Flanders' home?
What's next, calling each other "meanie poopyheads"?
>>
File: 1496238103154.jpg (405KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1496238103154.jpg
405KB, 2880x1800px
>>93021655
They learn that review sites are full.of liberal radical feminist

And they hate dude bro movies
>>
>>93022451

Sorry, I realize admitting a mistake is a faux pas around here and I should have just spat more bile.

Oh crap! I did it again!
>>
>>93022151
All superhero movies look like big budget TV shows, except Nolan's, too bad cinematography is the only decent thing about the Dark Knight trilogy.
>>
>>93022509

Batsoup and Man of Murder weren't dudebro movies. Or at least that wasn't the problem with them. The problem is they were grim and depressing with a washed out color pallet.
>>
>>93022432
Thats not hope, thats delusion.
>>
>>93022557
True, we all know good superhero movies will never come out, and that both DC and Marvel will only scrumble and clunkily put together cheap looking movies for the next 10 or 20 years, not releasing a decent movie in all that time.
>>
>>93022547
>>93022151

Can someone please clarify what you mean by "look like a big budget TV show" for those of us who didn't go to film school?
>>
>>93022599
Poor cinematography and camerawork.
If you are not into that, the only times you'll find something is bad is due to overuse of shaky cam.
>>
>>93022093
because they don't understand who actually writes the story, what's the level of studio involvment into directors actuall direction or what does director actually do.
>>
>>93022501
>wanting people to be offensive for the sake of being offensive
Shut up niggerfaggot
>>
>>93022705
He's a fucking neckbeard fighting over comic brands, he's already trying to be "agressive", but since he's a fucking feminized pussy it only comes out as laughable.
Then again, I don't expect anyone but manchildren to fanboy over superhero brands.
>>
>>93022093
>>93022621
Snyder was also the dumb fuck in charge of the universe, until Johns showed up as a challenger and to Rebirth that shit.
>>
This thread is shill central
>>
>>93022737
Well, yes but one could argue how much of control did he actually have over that universe while WB pulled of shit like with suicide squad that really ruined (granted, not very good from the begining probably) movies to the ground. It's quite easy to pick a target to blame for all DC shittierity.
>>
>>93021655
Remove Snyder from directing and you can have a decent movie.
I'm really thinking BvS failed because of him, it has everything to be great and he fucked up.
>>
>>93022651
So you like capitalism until something you don't like makes dosh, yes?
>>
>>93022620

Ah, that makes sense. I can see how people who like movies as art pieces rather than movies as a story might not like the Marvel movies. They are very basic with the way shots are made, there's a lot of "just point the camera at some dudes while they talk".

I've always liked TV better than movies. I guess this is part of why. I find artistic shots distracting and would much rather be able to focus on what people are saying.
>>
>>93022621

Nope, fuck you. You can't blame it all on Goyer when it's Snyder going on interviews and saying dumb shit like "Batman getting raped in prison is always the kind of story I wanted to see."(paraphrased).

Also look at the shit he wanted in WW that Patty told him to fuck off with. Snyder has huge influence on the "muh grim mature tones" bullshit plaguing the DCU.
>>
>>93022894
I feel like Marvel does that to make their movies feel more grounded on the real world.
>>
>>93021655
>What can DC learn from this?

Not hire Snyder?
>>
>>93021655

Text should read:

Can't believe I'm carrying you two assholes, your 10 times more popular than I am. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>93022925
Superhero movies don't do that simply to save costs.
You either hire a decent director, or you hire a cinematographer, and it seems neither wants to do that, just keep pumping out movies as fast as possible.
>>
>>93022916
lol, that's my point. It's misguided to blame EVERYTHING on one person, blame is shared between the director, writer, producers, artistic leads and the studio executives.
>>
>>93022925

Well, why ever they're doing it, I appreciate how much easier it is to tell wtf is going on.
>>
>>93022916
This.

Also many, a lot of the shit on the movies is HIS idea,while everybody tells him that it is stupid.

Like killing Zod to make Superman have his "no kill rule for villains", when it is never mentioned on BvS that he has one, and is never mentioned before on MOS that he had something against it.
>>
>>93022916
what did he wanted for WW exactly?
>>
>>93021655
>Diana will never carry you to bed make tenderly but forceful love with you.
KMS.
>>
>>93022943
>What the fuck happened?
DC finally decided to do like Marvel and bribe reviewers?
>>
>>93022971
BUT I COULD
>>
File: PERFECT.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PERFECT.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>93021686

FPBP
>>
>>93022961
WW ends up depressed and loses faith in humanity, and goes back to her island.
>>
>>93022299
Checked for truth.
>>
>>93022113
Bravo Nolan
>>
>>93023014
lAre you actually serious? You have some kind of source for that?
Makes you wonder what kind of twists he puts on his bedtime stories and why his daughter offed herself...
>>
>>93023048
>>93022947
>>93022621
my previous posts for context. It's not that I try to defend Snyder, I fucking hate his movies with exeption of Watchmen and few scenes from man of steel. It's just that I think it's mostly DC and WB that's to blame for trying to force stuff that they are not ready for instead of doing their own thing. Again, look at suicide squad and what happened when they tried to be "funny". Snyder's shit and should stick to glorified commercials but that's WB fault that they didn't tell him to fuck off after man of steel.
>>
>>93023048
>And Snow White got raped by the dwarfs the end.
Kiss on forehead.
Turns lights off and walks out of the bedroom.
>>
>>93023048
It's what Diana says on BvS, but this contradicts what she says and shows on WW, also some reports say that they changed a lot of things after the reception of BvS, including making Johns rewritte things on set.
>>
>>93021655
Reboot while keeping the same actors and using WW as the first movie.
>>
>>93022554
This.

300 is a dudebro movie, MoS is like a fucking Lifetime drama.
>>
>>93023048
According to the leaks that got everything right, it was planed to end with Diana basically abandoning humanity after saving everyone. No build up or anything, just Gal dot narrating something like "them I lost hope in humanity and shit", just for her to say that Superman made her care for humans again.
>>
>>93023224
There would have been no time though. Stop believing stupid rumors.
>>
>>93022554
>>93023273
>Lifetime drama.
If you ask me, I'd say that it always felt like a juvenile anime trying to he deep and edgy.

Picture Naruto meets Death Note, with Sasuke as Superman.

Pure shit.
>>
File: Black Adam.jpg (197KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Black Adam.jpg
197KB, 2000x2000px
Might as well ask here since this is basically a DCEU thread: Anyone else not looking forward to the Black Adam movie? Dont get me wrong, love Dwayne, Teth Adam is a great character, but I kept help but feel focusing an entire movie on him is kind of dumb and that we should just go right into Shazam. Hell Id be ok with a Superman/Shazam movie.
>>
>>93023295
Stop making up bulshit to justify your fanboy mindset, cancerous tripfag. This is hella old news, from the beggining of the year.
>>
>>93021794
Is but a hundred tickets if we got Supergirl, Black Canary, Birds of Prey movies.
>>
>>93021655
>best cape movie of the decade

Uh, does anybody really think that? I get that it got good reviews and all, but does anybody here really think it was the best one in 7 years?
>>
>>93023278
>sudden narration containing conclusion with no relation to the plot

sounds fucking amazing
>>
>>93023345
Maybe, but on the other hand Black Adams backstory is pretty great and could easily fill the whole movie.
>>
>>93021655
>What do you hope DC will take away from this success?
Focus on more solos instead of forcing teamups. If MCU has SPACE then the DCEU can do more mystic and mythology shit, actual gods. Don't do something stupid like giving WW characters their own spin-offs.
>>
File: New 52 Black Adam.png (2MB, 1049x1341px) Image search: [Google]
New 52 Black Adam.png
2MB, 1049x1341px
>>93023406
True, but its one of those things that could easily be fleshed out in a Shazam movie with flashbacks instead of devoting 2 hours for a solo. Already expecting Scorpion King jokes now
>>
File: 1449162375696.jpg (78KB, 902x458px) Image search: [Google]
1449162375696.jpg
78KB, 902x458px
>>93021655
Warner has a bad habit of learning the wrong thing.

Most likely instead of learning from Wonder Woman that audiences actually like non-cringe dialog, something other than weird yellow skies, and dark dark super grimdark dark grimness everywhere, they will probably just learn that Audiences want to see more women kicking soldiers in the buts and then double down on the grimdark hazy yellow skies some more.
>>
>>93021721
>focus on making your heroes likable and human instead of morally gray and brooding
>more humor
>less focus on the villain
>literally Thor mashed together with The First Avenger
>>
>>93021655
Just shamelessly steal from Captain America's movie more
>>
>>93021721
80's references everywhere and Diana beats Ares in a dance off.

Then they cram 70s music in there for no fucking reason why she quips some to ants and Trevor is replaced with a black guy in the third act.
>>
>>93023322
>Picture Naruto meets Death Note, with Sasuke as Superman.
Oh dear, that does sound like the worst. And I like Death Note! It's like Swiss cheese, bitter, tasty, and full of holes.
>>
>>93023454
I don't really want another superhero movie that focuses on the villian over the hero and uses flashbacks as plot device instead of actually showing the story that it's supposed to tell.
It's really hard enought to tell a single, coherent story with one protagonist and I don't trust WB to competently do flashbacks and stuff. It really doesn't work for them when they overcomplicate things.
>>
>>93021655
Just make a movie. Don't worry about trends, don't just throw things at the wall and see what sticks, don't try to keep one tone in every movie. Just make a movie that's actually about the character and story you're doing.
>>
>>93023365
Lots of people seem to think that as well. I had one or two people say it's one of the best super hero films they've ever seen. It's basically Thor 1 with a better ending and action scenes, so I'm not sure if it's the shock of DC having a good movie for once or the joy of having a female capefilm, but this movie is getting way more hype than it deserves.
>>
>>93023518
Fair enough. And I just had a horrifying thought, DC is probably hesitant to use the character Isis thanks to everybody being weird about the terrorist organization by the same name. Its why the show Archer never used it again. Like christ get over it, the name has been used a thousand times before that
>>
>>93023409
>Don't do something stupid like giving WW characters their own spin-offs.
But they'll probably want to do Titans eventually. Just saying.

Quick aside, movie Donna would just be Diana's sister end of story, yeah?
>>
>>93023540
>Integrity, competence and coherent artistic vision

Yep, that's pretty much a recipe for a good thing. Things get complicated when huge budgets and financial risks are involved. Never mind that every time that director was given complete creative freedom (Deadpool, Logan, Guardians of the galaxy, Dark Knight) it paid off like hell. As long as big budget and huge franchise is involved big studios won't stop butting in.
>>
>>93023583
Well it's a name of a Egyptian deity, it's like they would suddenly get paranoid over using the name of Zeus or Lucifer. People are fucking retarded.
>>
>>93023644
You also need to have a director who both has the vision to do something daring but can also reign themselves in to an extent.
>>
>>93023644
>>93023691
yeah, having someone competent doing it was implied - sorry if it wasn't clear
>>
>>93023676
Of course they are, doesnt matter though. They use the name outside the goddess context, its instantly a reference to terrorism as far as clickbait media is concerned
>>
>>93022270
Excuse me while I search for videos of people burning things with flamethrowers. I did not need to see that.
>>
File: 1476029702152.jpg (70KB, 340x358px) Image search: [Google]
1476029702152.jpg
70KB, 340x358px
>>93023355
>>93021794
>>93023455

Sadly, this is probably all WB will ever learn from this.

Keep on going with the Snyder edge, make everything even darker and more blue and yellow hazy at all times of day and night, brood more, but make a movie for every single female character DC has to offer.

Expect edgy brooding dark Black Canary, Poison Ivy, Killer Frost, Hawkgirl, Raven, Jesse Quick, Zatannah and Stargirl movies in the future.
>>
>>93021721
Wonder woman is basically Capitan America, first avenger
>>
>>93023848
exept good?
>>
They're definitely going to push the shit out of Wonder Woman at lot more, like with Iron Man and Marvel.
Kinda funny how WB execs didn't have faith in the concept of WW as a whole. Someone should sack those assholes.
>>
>>93023922
So is Diana going to be the Tony Stark of DCEU?

Is she going to have major roles in almost every other movie now to help them along?
>>
>>93023961
I'm fine with her being the "glue" that holds this stage of the DCEU together.
>>
>>93021655
What would E;R think of Wonder Woman?
>>
>>93023922
>Someone should sack those assholes.
Yeah, the people on top will surely fuck it up again. Thanks to WW I have moe hopes for Aquaman though.
>>93023848
I think if it wasn't for that movie they would just do a WW in modern times. This one happening like a century before current events helped a lot.
>>
>>93023922
>They're definitely going to push the shit out of Wonder Woman at lot more
Good. They were already pushing her a bit more than usual because of the 75th, but now she's got box office power, so some guest appearances, and possibly a second title may be coming our way.

And if I may be honest, if they insist on synergy, it should be the gloves. The bracers have always seemed a bit to plain to me, and I finally realized that gloves complete the look.
>>
>>93023961
>Flash's speed force is the remnant of the powers of the dead titan Chronos. The Wizard took other remnant powers millennia ago to make the powers of SHAZAM.
>Aquaman's a direct descendant of Neptune
>Cyborg gets a cooler metal body based on the designs of Hephaestus himself.
> Superman symbolizes the end of the old gods and the birth of the new gods, which is why The Source itself revived him.

I can dig this.
>>
>>93021655

That people like goofy super block busters with no rewatchability rather than good movies that you'd want to own and watch maybe a few months later. Basically Marvel.
>>
>>93023922
>They're definitely going to push the shit out of Wonder Woman at lot more, like with Iron Man and Marvel.
>>93023961
>Is she going to have major roles in almost every other movie now to help them along?

You guys are wrong, it is pretty much Btaman that they are relying.

>SS full of Batman vilains and he showing up and being heavily promoted by the marketing
>Nightwing movie
>Harley movie
>Batman movie
>Plans for a Deadshot movie
>Even BvS
>Cretaes the JL

Didnt whatched WW yet. Did they stuffed Batman there somehow?
>>
>>93024303
he only has a somewhat cameo where he gives the original copy of the picture she wanted in BvS. but its all in letter form.

and its WW and Bats creating the Justice League like a proper power couple.
>>
>>93024231
No one with a functioning brain wants to buy and rewatch any of the prior DCEU films.
>>
>>93023920
So, just like the First Avenger?
>>
>>93023848
except it took the war a lot more seriously
>>
>>93024430
Damn. Now that I think about it First Avenger was actally pretty good.
>>
>>93021655
They're going to learn nothing and make a bunch of female empowerment movies even though that aspect of it isn't what made it good. All of Hollywood is going to make this mistake.
>>
>>93024413
Oh yeah, how funny are the Marvel puns and jokes the second time around? Do they crack you up? Is the same shitty plot still enjoyable for any marvel film in a second viewing? The first Iron man and the winter soldier are the exception. The rest are trash. At least MoS and maybe BvS I'd watch again in a few months.
>>
>>93024458
Cap is first superhero to ever have a consistent trilogy of decent movies.
>>
>>93024563

Damn, chill.
I never said the MCU were any better.
(I liked Civil War, though, in spite of myself)
>>
>>93024597
That's actually a good point. First I thought to bring up Iron Man exept I really don;t like the second one that much. Of course you could argue that Civil War is more of an Avengers movie really.
>>
>>93024597
The first one was awful and civil war was disapointing
>>
>>93024563
>how funny are the Marvel puns and jokes the second time around?
As funny as they were the first time just not surprising.

MCU Movies with Rewatchability (In no order)
>Winter Soldier
>Avengers
>Ant-Man
>Iron Man
>First Avenger
>Civil War
>Guardians
>Guardians 2
>>
>>93024563
And I might watch Guardians of the Galaxy a third time in few months while not giving Suicide Squad or BvS a second thought in my lifetime because they are shit in my opinion.
You watching something again because you like it more than something that you wouldn't watch a second time proves what point again?
>>
File: 9679562bf0f75e51deac6ae20dba616e.jpg (393KB, 792x1224px) Image search: [Google]
9679562bf0f75e51deac6ae20dba616e.jpg
393KB, 792x1224px
>>93024693
>First one was awful
Opinion discarded, Hanz.
>>
>>93024647
CW had the tone of WS, except for the airport fight for obvious reasons. Sure it had the same characters but it was way more personal and less impressive than an avengers movie where they deal with scenarios like an alien invasion or Stark Jr. attempting mass extinction.
>>
>>93024752
>>93024766
>Laughing at the same gradeschool situational jokes twice

Do you also get genuinely surprised at the formula of romantic comedies?
>>
>>93024752

> Winter Soldier

Nope, nope! I have a friend who is a huge Marvelshill and he admitted to me that he only pays attention to the film during the fight scenes.
>>
>>93024857
So he rewatches it?
>>
File: 1482220317259.jpg (170KB, 652x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482220317259.jpg
170KB, 652x720px
>>93024857
Not him but, why the hell should I care about your friend? This is odd.

Its not like your friend is the only person on the world that can give an opinion about something.
>>
File: LaughingatYou.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingatYou.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>93024752
Look at this god awful taste, my god. Ant man, you fucking joking?
>>
>>93024766
Proves I'm not a toddler
>>
>>93024839
Holy shit, different people find different things entertaining. I actuallly never laugh out loud from dialogue jokes while watching a movie unless it's some god tier smart written shit. I enjoy subtle nuances of work of actors that marvel casts in their movies. There is actually a lot of subtle stuff in marvel humour besides jokes that comes from good direction and acting done from talented people.
DC movies have what again that makes them so much better than Marvel? Superman getting in the batthub? Alfred taking control of the Batwing? Harley saying another joke about voices or shooting stuff or being crazy? FUCKING HYSTERICAAAAALLLL. Granted, DC also hires some talented people but any hope of utilizing them gets drowned in the overall clusterfuck. I personally can't enjoy god tier Batfleck and Jeremy Irons as alfred when material they're given to work with is complete and utter shitstain. But if you do that's okay.

Fucking get over yourself and stop comparing dicks, you don't need to bash one thing to like another.
>>
>>93024857
This matters why?
>>
>>93024896

He rewatched it, I imagine he doesn't anymore

>>93024907

Because the fight scenes are the only thing in that movie people actually actually like in it?
>>
>>93024995
So that's a yes? Who's your "fav" on the vampire diaries bro?
>>
>>93024839
And do you actually get suprised with plot twists when you watch a movie the second time?
That;s besides the point.
>>
>>93025017
>Because the fight scenes are the only thing in that movie people actually actually like in it?
One person that you know isn't proof of that.
>>
>>93025032
Whatever makes you feel better about you and your opinions, man.
>>
File: 1482579539025.jpg (9KB, 212x251px) Image search: [Google]
1482579539025.jpg
9KB, 212x251px
>>93025017
>Because the fight scenes are the only thing in that movie people actually actually like in it?

By the reception and the things that I see people talking about...it isnt. Why the hell you think that your friend is the guardian of objective reality? Do you base other things in your life around the opinions of this speciphi friend?
>>
>>93025040
No, but watching a plot for the second time does not make it less interesting. Hearing the same quips and shitty jokes for a second time makes it far less funny. Subtle difference. That and the fact that the whole foundation of Marvelshit is based on that lame American Adam sander-Seth rogan tier ""humour"""
>>
>>93025032
You really need random people on the internet to reinforce your belief that your taste is actually good? Is that's what this is about?
>>
>>93025106
How did you even arrive at that? I'm just mocking your awful taste.
>>
>>93023497
A movie about people fighting in their underwear is super serious. How come normies don't see the cape comic as a valid mode of story telling?

WahWahWah.

People like comicbook characters because of their childhood. Putting gritty, dark, morally grey bullshit is never what they are gonna look for in their childhood heroes, the world is already a ball of fuck I don't need to spend 90+ minutes and $20+ to be reminded of it.
>>
>>93024303
He sends her the original copy of the picture where she fights on ww1, and the flashback began from there, in the end she reply the email where she agrees to join him
>>
>>93025135
And I'm mocking your mockery of my taste while you, at the same time enjoy DC movies.
>>
File: 1443932157960.jpg (4KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1443932157960.jpg
4KB, 209x200px
>>93025195
You're not allowed to mock anyone with such bad taste.
>>
>>93024563
Yeah they're gotg is still one of my favorites re-watchs, the Avengers became weak after several re-watch desu
>>
>>93025091
>lame American Adam sander-Seth rogan tier ""humour"""
Holy shit. Go make some tea and jerk off to Monty Python some more, you eurocuck
>>
>>93025055
>>93025065

Damn, I knew you had to be retarded to enjoy an MCU flick, but I didn't even think you had too be this damaged.

Sorry to break this too you kids, but yeah Civil War is a pretty forgettable flick with no actual substance behind it besides some cool fight choreography.
>>
>>93025230
Well, right back at you - and now we're at kindergarten because that's what I said in the post that you;re refering to.
>>
>>93024693
I know right, I wish the nazis won too
>>
>>93025251
Not even a Brit but you're a joke. Go watch another Seth rogan or paul rudd """"""comedy""". I refuse to believe you'd used Monty python as an insult after the bullshit your country pumps out.
>>
File: 1465829312360.gif (76KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465829312360.gif
76KB, 200x200px
>>93025257
>>
>>93025257
This. Marvel kiddies will defend the dance of scene in GotG and still chuckle at it on their 4th watch.
>>
>>93025257
So are all DC movies since Dark Knight.
>>
File: joss-whedon-marvel-dc.jpg (40KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
joss-whedon-marvel-dc.jpg
40KB, 640x320px
>>93021686
>Be more like Marvel and less like Snyder
Hold my beer, anon.
>>
>>93025375
You seem to be making a lot assumptions and projecting a lot. Dancing scene was actually my least favourite part. But yeah, not changing any minds here, keep assuming shit about people that enjoy different stuff that you do and fuck off to the moon. It's not like they are gonna stop making movies that I like because of you. On the other hand Snyder resigned isn't even gonna finish Justice League. Wonder who's gonna do it for him.. Damn.
Oh, also - Afleck signed the fuck off from directing Batman movie. Have fun while I wait for Vol 3 from muh nigga James Gunn.
>>
File: oscar award winning makeup.jpg (27KB, 287x424px) Image search: [Google]
oscar award winning makeup.jpg
27KB, 287x424px
>>93023497
>they cram 70s music in there for no fucking reason
You're thinking of another movie, anon.
>>
>>93025611
It's bait dude.

Don't engage with /tv/, they are inferior.
>>
>>93025666
Hey, I come here once a year or something, let me have my "fun".
>>
>>93025611
>You seem to be making a lot assumptions and projecting a lot

Oh yeah? Nice diatribe you have there.

>No dude seriously, the quips are still funny haha! Look the talking racoon said something sassy for the 5th time! haha!
>>
File: sucker-punch.jpg (638KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
sucker-punch.jpg
638KB, 1000x1426px
>>93021865
>Snyder needs more control, not less.
Yeah, but no. We've all seen how that works out, anon.

>>93022042
>Snyder would be a great cinematographer,
Agreed. Image related is basically a show-reel of Really Cool Shit ... that makes basically zero sense as an actual movie.
>>
>>93025692

Doesn't change the fact that Snyder is so fucking horrible that his daughter killed herself and now Wheadon has to finish up his movie.
>>
>>93025718
He started as a commercial director and never really got past it, he's basically still making demo reels.
>>
>>93022425
Your country is a third world hellhole tho
>>
>>93025375
>and still chuckle at it on their 4th watch
STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!
>>
>>93025726
>Awww yeeah Whedon will make it enjoyable with quips! Snyders daughter died LOL

Is this why Marvel kiddies like their adam sandler tier humour? Because it masks their edginess?
>>
>>93025784
You're free to like your lame alien dance off's no matter how many times you see it my dude
>>
>>93025793
Dude, the only thing that I meant is that I will get more movies that I enjoy than you, I fucking win.
You can bash marvel all you like. Bottom line - I will enjoy myself more.
>>
>>93025257
...Weren't you talking about Winter Soldier? And this isn't about whether or not it was good, but rather that you can't just use anecdotal evidence to support a claim. By that logic I could tell you about my friend who loves Winter Soldier and thinks it's the best ever, and use that to say everybody else thinks the same.
>>
File: 1444430994823.jpg (36KB, 338x476px) Image search: [Google]
1444430994823.jpg
36KB, 338x476px
>>93025824
Carry on then. I hear family guy is "still gold".
>>
>>93025854
So is Arrow
>>
>>93025753
>he's basically still making demo reels.
It's sad, really, because Sucker Punch would have been fucking AMAZING as an anthology like Creepshow or Twilight Zone. This short bits are cool as fuck; it's the attempt to stitch them together that falls on it's face.

If they had him on as a second unit director for the cool action bits and had someone else keeping him in check and minding the Big Picture they'd be eating Marvel's lunch right now.

Because like most people I know: I LIKE the Marvel movies, but I don't LOVE most of them. And the formula has been getting stale for some time now.
>>
I see the DCfags are once again going full force with their superiority complex. It must sting, to be consistently outdone by movies you deem to be so terrible.
>>
File: dance off.webm (3MB, 516x214px) Image search: [Google]
dance off.webm
3MB, 516x214px
>>93025815
>lame alien dance off
>lame
Just because you're one of those white boys who can't dance ...
>>
>>93025954
Yep, and that's why snyder should be a DoP or Visual Effects supervisor or Art Director. Not a fucking writer or Director. He's really good at showing stunning action and cheesy slow motion stuff. And for gods sake keep him the fuck away from the colorists.
>>
>>93023644
The odd thing about studios butting in is that it doesn't make sense to do that when you already saw that trusting the crew you have and the material you can use pays off.

>Spider-Man 3
>Iron Man 2
>Civil War
>Blade Trinity

It's so odd to me that producers don't see the stupidity of hindering something that worked already. You don't forcefully stabilize it, either. Just let the crew do what it's doing, and only make sure it isn't something TOO off the rails.
>>
>>93025979
well, Hitler basically hated jews for doing almost everything better than him. Besides genocide of course.
>>
>>93025979
What can I say, plebs settle for mediocrity and will spread their cheeks and their wallets.
>>
>>93026022
Exactly. But people don't get smarter, creative freedom is always a risk and taking a risk is literally them risking their jobs, bonuses etc.

Basically - they're fucking pussies.
>>
>>93023644
>>93026022
>We want the same formula and movie again and again! Why can't producers just see that!

Marvel kiddies
>>
>>93021655

Literally just fire Snyder. They put all their money on the wrong horse and the fact that some no-name woman managed to make a better movie out of a character nobody likes than Snyder out of the two biggest selling DC characters ever is proof.
>>
>>93026033
>plebs settle for mediocrity

said while settling for greatness as amazing portrayal of Lex Luthor a.k.a. Tick Ridden qQuirkfaggot
>>
>>93026088
Funny you're saying that while DC is trying to recreate the succes of DK for what, 10 years now?
>>
File: 1448810591600.gif (3MB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1448810591600.gif
3MB, 200x250px
>>93026121
As shit as he was he was STILL better than any Marvel villain. Go on, claim otherwise.
>>
>>93026145
>If there are no quips it's basically the same formula as the Dark Knight!!

listen to yourself
>>
>>93026167
He was worse than literally any marvel villain, even shit from IM2 was better written than him.
>>
>>93022170
that would only motivate him to work for her even harder
>>
>>93026167
Again, you're giving me a gif of a pretty laughing lady and I still win. I still get more movies that I like and Snyder still did quit because of depression.
>>
>>93026192
>Marvel drones in one post

lmao unbelievable
>>
File: Trudeau castro.jpg (116KB, 1000x1479px) Image search: [Google]
Trudeau castro.jpg
116KB, 1000x1479px
>>93026241
>If they give us mediocrity, I win!
>>
How is it that DC finally having a good movie only ramped up company wars?

It's genuinely baffling.
>>
>>93026167
>>93026271
>[superiority complex intensifies]
>>
>>93026271
Dude, stop. Zod was alright, Heath Ledger was great, Enchantress looked good in 1 or 2 scenes but no.
Lex Luthor in BvS was fucking badly written, didn't make sense, his plan was retarded, whole character was a piece of uninspired, out of place garbage. You can nitpick my post and reference other marvel movie as a rebutal but it won't change the fact that it was fucking shit. It was the worst iteration of the character, even Mr. Freeze from Batman And Robin was a better villain than that misguided attempt at using joker formula from The Dark Knight.
>>
>>93026399
Wonder woman was the weakest movie next to Suicide squad
>>
>>93026407
>joker formula

I see what you did there
>>
>unexpected success
the movie is shit. I mean, by DC standards it's okay, but I went back to watch Man of Steel, and honestly MoS is better than Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93026399
Notice how it's mostly DC fags antagonizing everyone while marvel ags are all chill and enjoying their movies. I like both and I don't get it.
>>
>>93026405
You make it so easy

>>93026407
He was shit, but not as shit as Marvel villains. Granted his ridiculous monologues were mostly nonsense but if you couldn't tell his motivations that says more about you. I guess he had to be as one dimensional and uninspired as Ronan for you marvel kiddies.
>>
File: Jenkins Cheesiness.jpg (146KB, 1198x650px) Image search: [Google]
Jenkins Cheesiness.jpg
146KB, 1198x650px
>>93021655
>What do you hope DC will take away from this success?
>>
>>93026512
Ares was no more deep than Ronan or Malekith, Luddendorff was wasted and Doctor Poison did nothing despite being A CUTE!
>>
>>93026551
>A-art is suppose to be soap operas!!

What a faggot
>>
>>93026512
I didn't question his motivations, they we're blatantly obvious because he comically screamed them out. Which is really silly for a "serious" movie that BvS tried to be. My problem was horrible dialogue (that is a problem in most of Snyder's and many Nolan movies) and complete bullshitness of his plan that 99% depended on coincidence and other plot devices.
>>
>>93026589
>A-art is supposed to be METAL

What an edgelord.
>>
>>93026575
I blame you marvel kiddies for the influence behind Ares and just the whole of Wonder woman really. This is what you wanted.
>>
>>93021655
The success of Wonder Woman boiled down to her being the highlight of BvS for a lot of normies. These people outnumbered the fanboys who were skeptical about the flick based on DC's terrible track record.

That's about it.
>>
>>93026551
It is slightly amusing to me how all of DC's creative talents act as if they're auteurs breaking new cinematic grounds. At least Nolan and Jenkins have good movies to back it up.
>>
>>93026634
Who do you think said that, anon?
>>
>>93026600
His dialogue wasn't poor, the re-imagining of his character was. Who the fuck wanted a mid twenties tech autist to be Lex Luthor? STILL better than any Marvel villain. Sad!

>>93026615
The funny thing is while you're strawmanning my post, I'm not even exaggerating when you read what he actually wrote in that pic.
>>
>>93026618
And we got what we wanted and now we will also have more DC movies that we like. Just like we have Marvel movies. You can have Alien reboots and anime adaptations. Enjoy.
>>
>>93026685
>You can have Alien reboots and anime adaptations. Enjoy.

No, I'll just watch actual movies with real plot points absent of quips and dance offs. We're good.
>>
File: image-original.jpg?1367356825.jpg (109KB, 594x715px) Image search: [Google]
image-original.jpg?1367356825.jpg
109KB, 594x715px
>>93026683
>when you read what he actually
>he
Dun goofed, anon.
>>
>>93026683
>STILL better than any Marvel villain

you keep saying that like it's magically going to make it true.
>>
File: 1442616408895.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1442616408895.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>93026685
Fucking this.

Warner saw that ignoring Snyder and the tone of BvS and MOS is the best thing that they can do. We won.
>>
>>93026716
If you want to watch actual good movies with plots then why the fuck are you discussing shitty comicbook movies instead of Tarantino and Fincher for example?
>>
>>93022796
BvS "failed" because WB insisted on forcing in JL setup, watch the extended cut it's ten times better with the scenes Snyder wanted to use.
>>
>>93026720
Wow, so women create the soap operas for the Marvel kiddie demographic. Not surprised.

>>93026727
Name one.

>>93026749
You won the option to have summer blockbusters with American tier comedy that have zero re-watchability lmao good for you.

>>93026758
Because i'm posting my superior opinion and you all have to read it.
>>
>>93026849
>Name one.
Obadiah. Red Skull. Yellow Jacket. Whiplash. Loki. Nearly all of them, basically, just by the sheer virtue of the fact that they could be taken even a little bit seriously.

Of course you'll just post that I'm a dumb wrong marvel kiddie without backing it up at all.
>>
>>93025854
Dude. Marvel movies are silly entertaiment. Like a roller coaster. Or some other popcorn ride. Mostly brainless entertainment, a little better than Transformers but still dumb.
Logan, Dark Knight, Unbreakable - those are actually decent, seriously toned movies that also happen to be capeshit. Those are the movies you should argue with while arguing pure entertainment themed movies that mervel makes.
Because DC movies post MoS are shit. They're just fucking shit. They fail in beeing serious movies, they fail in beeing superhero movies, they fail while trying to be funny movies. They are a fucking BAD PRODUCT overall. And people we're complaining about them because they we're shit, and they sold worse than marvel movies and that's why they're gonna be more like marvel movies.
The funny thing is - if WB wasn't so obsessed with snyder and trying to replicate Dark Knight succes when they made a grimdark Superman (and when that failed they tried to replicate marvels lighter formula with SS and also failed) and focused more on making better movies you would probably get decent DC movieverse.
>>
>>93021721
>Characters talk like people
>Have real people emotions
>And real people motivations
>They aren't obsessed with being MATURE or ICONIC
>>
>>93023014
Would have been better than """Great war""" in the movie.
>>
>>93021655
>by what is arguably the best cape movie of the decade is
he says while Logan exists
>>
>>93026849
>opinion
>superior
K, I was pretty sure you were trolling but now I think you might actually be a little bit retarded.
>>
>>93021865
The script is the weakest part. It's carried by the acting and direction.
>>
>>93021655
>Superman punched Zods through a few buildings and he's a psychopath
>Wonderwoman destroys a church and murders people and she's a hero
>>
>>93022299
>Anyone who disagrees with me is a paid shill
Yawn
>>
>>93027000
It's not murder if you're fighting in a war, mate.
>>
>>93026976
You could argue that Logan is not really fiting into a superhero movie formula, it's more of a road movie/drama with Logan in it.
>>
>>93026927
>Obadiah. Red Skull. Yellow Jacket. Whiplash. Loki. Nearly all of them, basically, just by the sheer virtue of the fact that they could be taken even a little bit seriously.

All wrong. Loki is an anti-hero so I don't count him.

>>93026951
Fair point. Man of Steel was still an attempt to make a decent Superhero movie in one of these franchises that set up the long game. It wasn't bad or "Grimdark" as the marvel kiddie expression goes. Marvel kiddies have opened their wallets and done exactly what you describe, flooded the market with Transformers tier summer block busters and then claim they "won". Nobody will remember these movies in 20 years but people still talk about the 1970's Supermans today.
>>
>>93026976
I didn't see any capes in that movie
>>
>>93026797
Stop this meme, the Ultimate Edition isn't any better and has worse pacing because of its bloated length. Blame Snyder for being told he has three hours to make a movie and refusing to make a good story in that timeframe.

>>93026849
>zero re-watchability
BvS wasn't even watchable the first time.
>>
>>93026956
>>Characters talk like people
>Have real people emotions

You're literally autistic if you find any of the Avengers or Guardians talk like real people or are relate able in a real sense.
>>
>>93027064
>BvS wasn't even watchable the first time.

More so than the Marvel movies. Muh quips.
>>
>>93021655
> arguably the best cape movie of the decade

It'll be lucky to be the best cape movie of the year never mind the decade. I mean it's good, but it's not genre redefining like Dark Knight or Avengers were. The first GotG, Logan, X-Men Days of Future's Past, Winter Soldier, Dark Knight, Iron Man are all arguably better movies by considerable margins and even I'd go so far as to include stuff like even more movies in that list were it not guaranteed bait for a flame war.

Don't think I'm trying to take WW down a peg, it is good, but not great. It's a pleasant surprise from the movie people had the least expectation for in the DCEU.
>>
>>93027046
The sad part is that Man of Steel really had potential to be a great movie, I genuienly enjoyed much of it. But it was a mess and next movies keept getting worse.
And I think you're wrong - many people will still remember Most of Marvel movies even after 30 years. It's almost 10 years since first Iron Man and I don't see anyone forgeting that or the money it made any time soon.
>>
babbys first christ analogy and dour tones don't work for superhero movies.

WW had its heavy parts, but the overall message and theme was a hopeful one, Thats the kind of stuff people want and frankly need in a world where assholes blow up little girls at concerts .
>>
>>93024452
It didn't.
>>
>>93021655
>non-comicfag casualfilth
>mostly like Marvel movies, worst are just okay
>fucking hate MoS
>fucking hate BvS
>fucking hate SS but less than the other 2
>expect WW to be shit
Is it worth pirating, /co/? Obviously I'm not paying money either way, but is watching an exercise in pain or pleasure?
>>
>>93027100
Talking about "quips" while arguing superiority of a movie that features the most quippy villian since Batman Forever. You're starting to run in circles.
>>
>>93027078
Actually both films have a great deal of interpersonal communication.

>>93027100
Okay, we get it, you're butthurt, find yourself a sub-reddit and immerse yourself in like-minded delusionals.
>>
>>93027120
>many people will still remember Most of Marvel movies even after 30 years. It's almost 10 years since first Iron Man and I don't see anyone forgeting that or the money it made any time soon.

It won't hold up because it already hasn't. People remember these movies but nobody watches them again. People might remember Iron man right now but that's because the titular character in the franchise is still ongoing in movies.
>>
File: Justice.jpg (203KB, 661x668px) Image search: [Google]
Justice.jpg
203KB, 661x668px
>>93027119
Basically DC made their own First Avenger, which is a step in the right direction for them.
They are still gonna need their Iron Man if they want to achieve "Muh Billions" again. Just having a Steve Rogers won't do it.

But at least with this and Dudebro Aquaman, they seem to be embracing the charming superhero genre and not pursuing the edgelord contrarian "deconstruction" of it, which has always sold poorly.

Let us pray that Whedon can polish Snyder's turd and turn the whole enterprise around.
WB and Marvel and Fox all making superhero films people LIKE is good for everybody.
>>
>>93027100
>More so than the Marvel movies
Uh no. Marvel movies have fun and endearing characters as well as decent pacing. They're not a dour slogfest with babby's first philosophy lesson tacked on.
>>
>>93027184
They still watch them, I assure you. And no, not the "marvel drones". They watch them when they happen to be on TV, they watch them on Netflix, they watch them at the Cinema marathons when the new part comes out.
Besides you're arguing pure theory now. You can't prove that anyone is watching or not watching them, wtf are we even taling about at this point, those are just assumptions.
>>
>>93027159
I don't think you know what a quip is. His rambling dialogue wasn't intended to be funny while being witty.

>>93027175
>Actually both films have a great deal of interpersonal communication.

Ah, so you are legitimately autistic.
>>
>>93027250
>wasn't intended to be funny while being witty.
oh, but it surely ended up beeing hilarious for all the wrong reasons
>>
>>93027184
>People remember these movies but nobody watches them again.
You're just ranting delusionally at this point.
What DO people rewatch in your private subjective reality?
>>
>>93027151
As someone who shares your opinions, see Wonder Woman. It is actually good.
>>
>>93027250
>Ah, so you are legitimately autistic.
ahh, insults. You seem to be running out of arguments whatsoever.
>>
>>93027159
Snyderfans are panicking right now, the success of WW has severely compromised their paradigm of cape films and has brought in a great deal more people with critical thinking skills. Normally they could get away with arguing one or two other anons and winning by default of getting the other person to give up trying to reason with them, but now there's just too many people bringing reality to their doorstep and it's a bitter pill to swallow.

>>93027184
And I'm sure you have numerous empirical studies with solid facts to support this claim.

>>93027220
Agreed, hopefully good films from the DCEU will prompt the MCU to be more competitive and take a few more risks.

>>93027250
> Ah, so you are legitimately autistic.

Ad hominem. Not an argument. If name calling is really the best you can do then you're in the wrong thread.
>>
>>93027231
>Uh no. Marvel movies have fun and endearing characters as well as decent pacing.

More like summer blockbusters targeted for the drones of the Chinese market with not actual substance. Marvel kiddies will defend this.

>>93027234
Neither can prove otherwise but I guarantee I'm right. Time will tell.
>>
>>93027338
>Time will tell.
OH OK MEET YOU IN 20 YEARS KBYE
>>
File: wanderwoman.jpg (59KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
wanderwoman.jpg
59KB, 300x220px
>>93027270
I expected it to be hot shit, but don't want to rule it out without seeing it, even if parts are garbage there might be some cool stuff in there. I felt that way about Suicide Squad, just hated most of it but near the end when the gangbanger pyro guy let loose I suddenly found at least one redeeming moment from it that I found fun. I'll give WW a chance, even if whatshername seemed silly in BvS, that may just be because that movie was a bag of turds and not the fault of the actress or character.
>>
File: jlposter.jpg (559KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
jlposter.jpg
559KB, 1382x2048px
>>93021655
>How do you think it will affect future Batman or Superman movies?
It won't affect Batman or Superman's movies.
>Would a WW-centered Justice League movie work?
WW is already co-leading with Batman.
>>
>>93027338
>More like summer blockbusters targeted for the drones of the Chinese market with not actual substance. Marvel kiddies will defend this.

Name calling and hyperbolous claims based on absolutely no facts or mutually agreed upon evidence, you're not very good at this whole arguing thing are you?

> Neither can prove otherwise but I guarantee I'm right. Time will tell.

How will time tell then if it can't right now?
>>
>>93027263
Never said he was good, just better than ALL of the marvel villains.

>>93027267
People rewatch movies with actual substance. Not quippy summer block busters. It's pretty straight forward. How many times have you re-watched the Marvel films chuckling at the same old jokes? Nobody does that but they look out for the next one. It is the way of things.

>>93027277
If you're saying they talk like real people and then in the next post say "Interpersonal communications" then yeah, I guess you're not so good with social cues and carrying a conversation IRL. Autist.
>>
>>93027338
You're right, Marvel movies need more substance, like two enemies fighting to the death who become best friends because their mommies have the same name.
>>
>>93027046
>"All wrong"
>Of course you'll just post that I'm a dumb wrong marvel kiddie without backing it up at all.
I was right!
>>
>>93027434
>People rewatch movies with actual substance. Not quippy summer block busters.

And you base that ridiculous theory on what? On the assumption that most people have "superior" taste in movies like you?
>>
>>93027434
BvS has no actual substance. It's all fluff.
>>
I just can't take MCU villains seriously, now a Piss Jar, that's a villain.
>>
>>93027494
>Any argument that doesn't hinge solely on ad hominem?
You know he doesn't have one.
>>
>>93027328
>and has brought in a great deal more people with critical thinking skills.

Ah yes, the critical thinking skills it takes to injest your quippy summer block buster. Impressive.

>And I'm sure you have numerous empirical studies with solid facts to support this claim.

No, but let's cut the bullshit and state the obvious.

>Ad hominem. Not an argument. If name calling is really the best you can do then you're in the wrong thread.

Wasn't name calling or an Ad hominem. I made the observation that he was actually autistic if he thinks they talk like real people. Real people don't talk call having a discussion "interpersonal communication".
>>
>>93027521
don't forget deformed ninja turtle and autism man
>>
>>93027434
>Never said he was good, just better than ALL of the marvel villains.

Source?

> People rewatch movies with actual substance. Not quippy summer block busters. It's pretty straight forward. How many times have you re-watched the Marvel films chuckling at the same old jokes? Nobody does that but they look out for the next one. It is the way of things.

Evidence?

> If you're saying they talk like real people and then in the next post say "Interpersonal communications" then yeah, I guess you're not so good with social cues and carrying a conversation IRL. Autist.

Any argument that doesn't hinge solely on ad hominem?
>>
>>93027434
>People rewatch movies with actual substance. Not quippy summer block busters.

I guess that's the reason movies like American Pie, Evil Dead and Goldfinger are cult classics.
>>
>>93027521
I wanna buy you a beer.
>>
>>93027535
> Ah yes, the critical thinking skills it takes to injest your quippy summer block buster. Impressive.

Still not an argument.

> No, but let's cut the bullshit and state the obvious.

And how is it obvious?

> Wasn't name calling or an Ad hominem. I made the observation that he was actually autistic if he thinks they talk like real people. Real people don't talk call having a discussion "interpersonal communication".

Ad hominem, the tactic of attacking the authority of the person speaking using arbitrary or superfluous aspects of character. Which you did by dismissing everything said by calling him an "autist" which is also name calling.
>>
>>93027409
>Name calling and hyperbolous claims based on absolutely no facts or mutually agreed upon evidence, you're not very good at this whole arguing thing are you?

https://qz.com/943799/who-the-hell-watched-warcraft-china-is-fueling-the-market-for-overdone-hollywood-action-movies/

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20130620-is-china-hollywoods-future

>How will time tell then if it can't right now?

I claim people don't still watch these movies, you claim they do. Neither of us can prove otherwise but, you're fooling yourself if you think these shitty movies are going to be as iconic as the 1970's Superman is for people in the coming decades.

>>93027448
Your right, if only they had a talking racoon with shitty jokes and the dialogue that tells one of the Characters to "smash".

>>93027462
I backed up an opinion with an objectively better opinion, you slow?

>>93027486
Yes, on those with superior taste. Also what's trending in the topped watched movies on various streaming sites.
>>
>>93027542
>Source?

The movies themselves.

>Evidence?

Top rated movies on streaming sights and the most watched. That's pretty straight forward.

>Any argument that doesn't hinge solely on ad hominem?

I posted it. I denied that's how real people speak. My evidence for your autism is in your post. Nitpicking with green text asking for evidence lmao.
>>
>>93027652
>Yes, on those with superior taste
taste is a subjective thing, not an objective value you retarded fuck, holy shit, how can someone be so fucking full of himself. Discusing anything with people like you is pointless, you goddamn narcisistic cunt. Literally no room for a debate, it's all "my taste is superior than yours because I have superior taste and I like better thing because of my superior taste that's better than your inferior taste". You have absolutely nothing of value to say.
>>
>>93027652
How do either of those links relate to this discussion or substantiate anything you're claiming? Was Warcraft the MCU?

> Your right, if only they had a talking racoon with shitty jokes and the dialogue that tells one of the Characters to "smash".

At least audiences found it funny.

> I backed up an opinion with an objectively better opinion, you slow?

And an opinion without any evidence or facts is just... an opinion.

> Yes, on those with superior taste. Also what's trending in the topped watched movies on various streaming sites.

You mean the sites whose traffic indicates what movies people would rather pirate than pay money for? I don't think that's helping your argument here.

>>93027687

> The movies themselves.

And how are they a source?

> Top rated movies on streaming sights and the most watched. That's pretty straight forward.

Or they're actually the movies people can't be bothered to pay money for or aren't worth their time otherwise so they just pirate them after hearing how bad they were.

> I posted it. I denied that's how real people speak. My evidence for your autism is in your post. Nitpicking with green text asking for evidence lmao.

All these are here are empty claims. Circular logic with no independent corroboration. I think it's pretty clear you're getting read to cop out all together here.
>>
>>93027554
Evil dead wasn't popular soley because of it's quips it had substance, as for it's cult classic status that's more nostalgia and Bruce campbell, but who the fuck would call American pie a cult classic?

>>93027642
>Still not an argument.

That actually is an argument anon, I'm mocking yours by calling it low brow.

>And how is it obvious?

Prove otherwise.

>Ad hominem, the tactic of attacking the authority of the person speaking using arbitrary or superfluous aspects of character. Which you did by dismissing everything said by calling him an "autist" which is also name calling.

But that wasn't an ad hominem. Someone with Autism cannot be the authority on how "real people" speak so it not needlessly dismissive because he has zero grounds to speak on real world interaction or social cues. Keep up.
>>
>>93027652
>Your right, if only they had a talking racoon with shitty jokes

The racoon actually had more character development and depth than any of BvS "protagonists"
>>
>>93027652
>Your right, if only they had a talking racoon with shitty jokes and the dialogue that tells one of the Characters to "smash".
It's funny because none of this is as laughable as MARTHA
>>
>>93027790
>who the fuck would call American pie a cult classic?

I dunno, people retarded on the same lvl that claim that BvS is in any way better than a piece of crap scrubbed of off sidewalk?
>>
>>93027790
> it had substance

I don't think that words means what you think it means.

> That actually is an argument anon, I'm mocking yours by calling it low brow.

That's a claim, an argument requires point-counter point exchanges. You're simply just using circular logic and goal post moving to avoid having a real discussion.

> Prove otherwise.

Burden of proof lies on the one making the initial claim.

> But that wasn't an ad hominem. Someone with Autism cannot be the authority on how "real people" speak so it not needlessly dismissive because he has zero grounds to speak on real world interaction or social cues. Keep up.

Actually that is ad hominem and now deflection to boot.
>>
>>93021655
I expect them to take the wrong lesson let the sjws have their way and go down in a glorious explosion of failure.
>>
>>93027790
Define "substance"
>>
>>93022527
Its not the apology, its the way you type like you're speaking.

Just say, Whoops, replied to the wrong post.
>>
File: 1441570508036.jpg (93KB, 828x559px) Image search: [Google]
1441570508036.jpg
93KB, 828x559px
>>93027740
>>93027766
>>93027805
>>93027814
>>93027836
>>93027867
>>93027898
There is no way I can respond too this many (You)'s. I'm not trolling though, you just have pleb taste. Just know that I'm objectively right and you're wrong.
>>
>>93027981
Taste is not and objective thing, fuck off
>>
>>93027997
It is if you're objectively superior.
>>
>>93027981
Be sure to tell all your friends at grade school about your epic victory online.
>>
>>93028005
> objectively

Again, I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>93028005
I started by enjoying this discussion and having fun with exchanging opinions with you but you're actually an asshole to the lvl that it actually makes me sorry for everyone that has to interact with you irl. And yeah, you made my angry for a moment, wp. Now I'll go browse some other threads and draw some shit and leave you with your delusions of grandeur.
>>
File: 1444798682020.jpg (187KB, 463x538px) Image search: [Google]
1444798682020.jpg
187KB, 463x538px
>>93028019
>>93028040
>>93028055
Nothing subjective about my opinions, they are all unquestionable, marvel kiddies.
>>
>>93027981
>>93028089

>muh taste is superior
>you're autistic if you disagree
>movies I deem worthy of rewatching have substance, movies thet milions of people that disagree with me (with inferior taste ofc) are shallow pieces of shit devoid of any value
>nothing is subjective, only my opinions matter

Great debate Anon. Amture and valuable.
Holy fuck and I thought Naruto fans we're bad.
>>
>>93028089
Fucking leaf...
>>
>>93028117
I'm the main character though, so of course my opinion is above yours.
>>
>>93028089
Well, it's fortunate that opinions of people like you have no real impact on real life whatsoever and won't shape any part of movie industry.
>>
>>93028161
You're a shitty main character that has a god complex and no character development. Holy shit you're defending DC movies so much because you actually came from one.
>>
>>93028163
That's your subjective(wrong) opinon

>>93028188
>When a shitty tertiary characters tries to insult the protagonist

I'll win in the end
>>
>>93028256
>That's your subjective(wrong) opinon

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Wheadon is finishing Justice League. Wonder Woman is more like Marvel movies than BvS or MoS. People WITH SHITTY TASTE prefer Marvel movies, Now DC movies are more like SHITTY Marvel movies. Opinions of people with SHIT TASTE shape reality, your SUPERIOR OPINIONS shape shitposts on 4chan.
>>
>>93028256
>>93028315
You won nothing, anon. And we won't meet again. Enjoy reruns of Arrow.
>>
>>93021655
>arguably the best cape movie of the decade
Look, man, nobodies saying it wasn't good, but don't go calling a hamburger a steak.
>>
>>93028333
What if I told you a good hamburger can be better than a shitty steak...?
>>
>>93028315
>>93028331
>Marvelkiddies mad that they don't have the objectively correct opinion

Sad!
>>
File: 1210004048786.gif (43KB, 136x150px) Image search: [Google]
1210004048786.gif
43KB, 136x150px
>>93021655
>Marvel takes the step to create it's cinematic universe
>It takes off and we get shitload of Marvel movies
>They range from great to ok but keep up consistency
>Didn't like many Marvel characters, watched the shit out of Superman TAS, Batman TAS, and Justice league
>DC fucks up, fanboys blame RT and critics for being bias
>Suddenly a good DC movie when most thought it would flop
>"Hey, we know what's wrong, we're fixing it now"
>wtf I love RT and movie critics now!
>Even MORE stupid console war tier shit here.
>>
>>93028573
>Even MORE stupid console war tier shit here.

I'm partly to blame for indulding and I'm sorry for that.
>>
>>93026399
It didn't, the movie coming out would have ramped up company wars no matter what.

WW actually being good and getting good ratings has destroyed the Snydercucks' narrative, though.
>>
>>93027434
>People rewatch movies with actual substance.

You know who watches the same thing over and over?

Children.

And I say that with much appreciation for Marvel actually making movies that my whole dumb family can enjoy together.
>>
>>93028573
>MCU kept getting positive scores
>not a peep
>Iron Fist is the first negative reviewed shit on the marvel
>wtf i hate critics now! it's the sjws!
>>
>>93028865
>You know who watches the same thing over and over?
>Children.

Not even him but you're a retard.
>>
>>93027045
Its a western with knives instead of guns
>>
>>93028934
He's right thou. Children do watch the same DVD's over and over again.
>>
>>93028958
if I'm bored and got nothing to do I frequently rewatch movies.
>>
>>93029038
Why not watch new one's? There's like milion of films you haven't seen, you could even watch them as background noise and it would be more enriching experiance than watching the same movie again.
>>
File: 1441541693118.jpg (129KB, 1440x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1441541693118.jpg
129KB, 1440x1147px
>>93028958
Oh come on, It's normal for people to watch movies from their collection. It's mostly tech illiterate people aka older people who don't stream or download movies who go out and buy physical copies on DVD or blu ray to watch them every so often.
>>
So how long into Justice League will we have to wait before Clark shows back up? Personally I assume it will be at the start of the third act Darkseid has come to earth and trashed everyone and is about to land a killing blow on...probably Wondy since every one loves her and she's the girl, then bang in comes Supes with everyones favorite three point landing
>>
>>93029098
Yeah, I know, I'm beeing a cheeky cunt. Sorry.
>>
>>93029064
Sometimes people just want to watch movies they like?
>>
>>93029064
>>93029134
>Yeah, I know, I'm beeing a cheeky cunt. Sorry.
>>
>>93029064
Usually because I dont actually want to watch the movie and if its something new I get interested. Plus maybe I'm with someone who hasn't seen the movie and i want to see what they think and their reactionwhile spoiling things periodically cause i'm a dick
>>
>>93028931
There was a part in it.

But the dumbest thing in your argument is that someone would have to feel obligated to praise anything that they do to not agree that the show is bad (or have a different taste).

Which is something that most people have no problem doing. Its snydercucks who have an obssession of being recognized by others.
>>
>>93029158
Fair enough. Actually I'm writing this while rewatching "Aliens" instead of watching Covenant. I was just curious of your opinion.
>>
>Ugh, how can anyone research a Marvel movie with its light action, and dumb jokes?

>People have rewatched comedies forever
>People have rewatched dumb action forever

Yeah, I can't imagine how people would want to rewatch Marvel's dumb action comedies.

People rewatch everything for whatever reasons. Hell, sometimes just for little parts that they like.

"Rewatchability" is a retardedly pointless metric.
>>
>>93029566
>"Rewatchability" is a retardedly pointless metric.

It's literally the biggest incentive of owning a movie. That you can enjoy it more than once.
>>
>>93022170
Snyder is an alpha that's made hollywood movies, while everybody here is wasting their time on a laotian basket weaving forum
>>
>>93027078
Sounds like somebody doesn't talk to many people.
>>
>>93024203
Sounds a lot better than

>Atlanteans and amazons are descendants of ancient kryptonian astronauts
>All technology is derived from kryptonian technology
>Wizardry is actually kryptonian super science
>>
>>93023829
>Expect edgy brooding dark Black Canary, Poison Ivy, Killer Frost, Hawkgirl, Raven, Jesse Quick, Zatannah and Stargirl movies in the future.

Edgy brooding Hawkgirl would work perfectly
>>
>>93025718
Shit, he always added fuzzy green-gray backgrounds in everything he makes?
>>
>>93025986
jesus christ. glad i never watched this retarded shit
>>
>>93030791
you know it's a blooper, right?
>>
>>93021655
To finally ditch Superman
>>
>>93026749
>Looks at writing credits
>Co written by Zack Snyder

InB4
>lol Johns re wrote on set lolz
>>
File: 1474156877107.jpg (25KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1474156877107.jpg
25KB, 275x275px
>>93025986
And this, this is why Marvelfags are completely fucking retarded.

Because anyone who does not instantly see this as the biggest piece of shit within seconds should be gassed to death instantly and removed from the gene pool forever.
>>
>>93030853
You know it's actually how the movie ends right?
>>
>>93030927
let it go, they are going to praise le cereal king no matter what here
>>
>>93030965
You know Rhonan actually does not dance in this scene and it's just Quill making ass out of himself to distract him?
>>
>>93030984
No, because Ronan fucking dances in the scene.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>93030984
>Spotted the casualfag that never saw the movie
>>
>>93031040
>>93031067
ok, fuck you guys
>>
>>93031040
>>93031067
He doesn't dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ohTJp3PAA

The scene where he dances is just a blooper where his actor is goofing off. Don't even care if I'm being an autist who is missing the joke.
>>
>>93031340
Way to deleted scene anon

Want to grab some scenes from other movies too while you are pulling shit out of your ass?
>>
>>93031340
Dude, they are baiting you hard.
>>
>>93031403
I know. I just wanted to make sure that nobody actually believed it, because I'm sure there are some morons out there who haven't watched it and are just going by what the posts say, or they've seen the blooper webm and think that's what actually happened.
>>
>>93031513
Sort of how Ego was defeated by Peter forming a giant Pac Man and eating him, saving everyone just in time?
>>
>>93031340
Wait what? That's how the scene actually went?
>>
File: 1bbbb33b7c8e6a3d2eb2f780391f611b.jpg (233KB, 760x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1bbbb33b7c8e6a3d2eb2f780391f611b.jpg
233KB, 760x1051px
>>93030867
Who should they replace him with on the Trinity?
>>
>>93027220
>Basically DC made their own First Avenger
How is this a good thing?

>Let us pray that Whedon can polish Snyder's turd and turn the whole enterprise around.
He'll make it the same turd that Avengers movies were.

Superhero movies are a flaming trainwreck and it's going to be more entertaining watching them crash and burn than the movies themselves.
>>
>>93031585
AquaMaui or Cybernigger
>>
>>93031551
Exactly.
>>
>Whedon on JL
Is this why the trailer is so quippy?
>>
>>93026088
That's the complete opposite of what I'm saying. I literally used MCU sequels as examples of the problem.

How are you this dumb.
>>
>>93023345

Billy isn't that deep or interesting a character. He'd work better as an antagonist for the film with Adam as the villainous protagonist.
>>
>>93023365

Given how trite and boring Marvel is becoming, yes.
>>
>>93031958
You are dealing with a low-intelligence poster.
>>
>>93023848

Only good
>>
>>93024458

except for the pisspoor pacing, had humor, lack of tension, flat characters, and underutilized villain
>>
>>93024995
>subtle stuff in marvel humour

nigga you dumb
>>
>>93032277
I love how discussions on /co/ devlove into picking one single line out of context from someone's post, greentexting it and adding an insult for flavour.
>>
>>93022151
>More Quipping
>Every film follows the exact same formula
>Make every movie (expect GOTG) look like a big budget TV show

these are all good things
>>
>>93032313

Well the dude said some really stupid shit. Don't see much reason other than to do anything but pick out the stupidest and call them out for it. Not everything needs to huge text filled posts. It's pretty useless to argue with someone stupid enough to classify Marvel's humor as "subtle."
>>
If you want to make a successful DC film, remake Marvel's Captain America.
>>
>>93021655
it was finally her turn
>>
>>93032486
>remake Marvel's Captain America.

and then also make it a good movie
>>
>>93032459
I didn't classify Marvel humour as subtle. I said that besides obvious and unfunny to you jokes it ALSO has more subtle humour, like physicall comedy based of of performance of RDJ or Cumberbatch. And by physicall comedy I don't mean slapstick. Some reading comprehension would help you.
>>
>>93032520
>it ALSO has more subtle humour

You can stop, we already know how dumb you are.
>>
File: 1489377888650.gif (455KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1489377888650.gif
455KB, 256x256px
>>93032486
>remake Captain America the First Avenger
>remove the muh Nazis element
>suddenly it's a decent movie
really makes ya think
>>
>>93021655
to release 3 terrible movies before so the first mediocre one you release will look like a masterpiece and be praised by nu-males and similar human garbage
>>
>>93026399
you actually expect quality on /co/?
>>
>>93023542
Holy Shit I said the same thing to my friend. It is an average cape film, but compared to Suicide Squad and BvS people are blowing it out of proportion.

But it had a Thor 1 vibe to me as well
>>
>>93024563
>Oh yeah, how funny are the Marvel puns and jokes the second time around?

pretty funny.
I still rewatch ironman and the first avengers movie from time to time.
>>
>>93033421

Yeah? Do you set up all your stuffed animals on the couch with you, or do you just watch it in bed?
>>
>>93033709
I'll have you know they're called action figures
>>
>>93031608
It's been 10 years of non-stop superhero movies, and you think they are shit.
why do you still watch them
>>
>>93033796
I did, didn't watch a single superhero movie since Avengers.
Wonder Woman and Logan got great reviews, so I gave them a chance.
But not anymore, i'm convinced there's no hope for them.
>>
>>93033815
you should know better
the first iron man got great reviews too y'know
>>
>>93033893
And so did Civil War, which makes me think that all these companies are simply bribing reviewers.
>>
>>93033929
It's a possibility. I mean, slightly unlikely that somehow these companies are bribing all these blogs with no one finding out but it could happen.
>>
>>93033815

Do you feel there is something lacking in the genre, or are the movies just not well made in your eyes?
>>
>>93034058
Absolutely formulaic, which sadly it's tied to superheroes in general.
Every movie is going to be about beating a different villain, they'll get slightly beaten at the end of the second act, but win at the end.
If they die, they eventually get revived unless they are some kind of secondary one that nobody really cares about.
The villains never have actual decent motivations, they are just there because the movie needs a villain for the superhero to treat like a punching bag.
Hell, people consider the Joker well written and his entire thing is that he's just crazy, his entire thing is that he has no actual motivation.

And now with the cinematic universe fad they are just going to keep caring less and less since they have to pump out two or three of these movies a year.
>>
File: 1480772266261.gif (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480772266261.gif
3MB, 400x400px
>>93028931
People weren't upset that Ironfist was panned, they were upset that people were accusing it of whitewashing.

Even then no one gives a fuck about TV scores. I mean the sheer mental gymnastics and pettiness required on your part to even think such a non-comparative exaggeration counts as some kind of "shoe's on the other foot now" scenario to make the Snyder fanboys look less pathetic.

You finally have a good movie now and you're still just as miserable (if not more so) than you ever were as a DCEU/Snyder fan and all you're capable of is abject shitposting. This is your enjoyment of comic book characters now, this is you as a comic book fan.

You played yourself.
>>
>>93034192
do you enjoy capecomics at all?
>>
>>93034219
>People weren't upset that Ironfist was panned

Don't kid yourself. Marvelfags got super upset something from Marvel wasn't liked. The Whitewashing controversy bothered them, but so did the bad reviews.
>>
>>93034280
No, they weren't.

You just want to think they were because it makes you feel less pathetic.
>>
>>93034271
Not the newer ones.
Don't know why quality dropped so much after the 90's.
>>
>>93034411
basically, you are too old for capeshit.
>>
>>93034445
Are you telling me there's people who enjoy things like Civil War 2?
>>
>>93021686
Got it in one.
>>
>>93034460
yes, children and manchildren.
>>
>>93034280
Really doubt even the biggest drones give a single fuck about the Iron Fist show.
>>
>>93021655
Hopefully, they learn to drop the annoying "it was a dark and angsty night" emofest they turned all the other movies into.
WW is the first movie to not be all emo all the time.
Seriously, it was starting to get hard to tell the heroes from the villains with all the emo fueled testicular comparisons going on in BvS.
>>
>>93034315

Don't lash out just because it hurts your feelings something with Marvel's name on it got bad reviews, dude.

>>93034512

Well sure, not after the bad reviews.
>>
>was planning on catching up to the mcu
>about to start watching iron fist
>17% on RT

I guess I should skip it?
>>
>>93034590

Yeah, it's garbage. Just watch Daredevil again.
>>
>>93034590
Avoid all TV shows, they are irrelevant and terrible.
In fact, I don't think there's any decent superhero TV show out there.
>>
>>93034651
>>93034671
Guess I'll just catch up to the movies. Last I stopped at was guardians of the galaxy
>>
What's wrong with Iron Fist? I've been watching it. It seems alright.
>>
>>93034780

the writing
the acting
the pacing
the action scenes

Maybe you don't care about that kind of stuff. That's ok.
>>
>>93034805
You have to ignore those in order to enjoy modern capeshit.
Aside from pacing, except Suicide Squad, which felt like a 2 hour long trailer, most of them follow the exact same, tiring structure.
>>
>>93021655
Can we all agree that the best part of the wonder woman movie was that it killed the pakistani and indian shitposters who kept spamming DCcucks?
>>
>>93034935
>DCcucks
>mouseketeers
I wonder if /co/ shitposting will ever not sound like something Tod Flanders would type.
>>
>>93034961
cuck is the new "faggot" on 4chan m8
it's everywhere now

not sure about the mouseketeers thing
>>
>>93035096
I also see shit like "DCfriends" or "mouses", it's all so fucking cringeworthy, even when fighting this board sounds like a bunch of feminized pussies.
>>
>>93035123
that's pretty gay, but then again, this is /co/, well known to be the most tumblr board on 4chan.
>>
>>93035123

>worrying this much about masculinity
>>
>>93021655
Feminism and SJW shit sells
>>
File: 11566380_6.jpg (144KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11566380_6.jpg
144KB, 1200x1200px
>>93025169
>People like comicbook characters because of their childhood. Putting gritty, dark, morally grey bullshit is never what they are gonna look for in their childhood heroes, the world is already a ball of fuck I don't need to spend 90+ minutes and $20+ to be reminded of it.

Why is this so hard for some people to figure out? The vast majority of moviegoers are simply not edgelords.
>>
>>93035285
explain Batman's success then
>>
>>93035323
batman was already grim and gritty
superman, wonder woman, and most other superheroes are not.

Not that hard to figure out
>>
>>93035380
People like Batman more.
>>
File: 1486787911902.jpg (15KB, 269x254px) Image search: [Google]
1486787911902.jpg
15KB, 269x254px
>>93021686
/thread
>>
>>93035380
>batman was already grim and gritty

he pals around with children
>>
>>93035403
yes, and?
People also love spider-man, and he's the very opposite of grim and dark.
The point is, if the hero is originally not grimdark, making him grimdark is a bad idea unless it's done by a fantastic writer.

Which, hollywood seriously lacks.
>>
>>93021655
Having fun with the original concept is fine (WW having a naive notion that killing the bad guy will save the day from the first act), as long as you can mix with the reality well (WW learning harsh reality of war and being taught by her lover/friends and the "bad guy" that it's more complicated than that).

MoS was suffering from too much reality (Clark growing up learned the complexity of morality too soon, imo, but the third act completely ruins it). Not sure about BvS, but that's the same flow I am getting from reviews.

Hopefully, future Batman and Superman movies can have this in mind, so it can be more playful when it has to, but keep the tone in check. Not sure about WW-centered JL movie, though, unless you mean having WW do some heavy work to get the Trinity going, which may work.

One quip I have about WW is that Diana/Steve relationship seems to kick to high speed at the end of second act. While I do believe Gal and Chris' chemistry worked well to get to that point, it still seemed rushed. However, it could be another one of "We can be mature, too" moments that movie had (Wonder Woman approaching naked Steve with curiosity, telling Steve that only procreation seems to be beneficial side of sex, etc).
>>
>>93035424
who regularly get murdered
>>
>>93035469
>he's the very opposite of grim and dark.
Do you read Spider-Man, his life is the definition of hell and misery.
>>
File: IMG_3228.jpg (86KB, 734x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3228.jpg
86KB, 734x410px
Are they gonna the Shazam movie as a Wonder Woman spinoff if it gets made?
>>
>>93035499
but he himself is not.
>>
>>93021655
Real talk, did the corporate suits interfere at all in WW like they did with MoS and BvS??
>>
>>93023345
>Hell Id be ok with a Superman/Shazam movie.

The Shazam movie can be like Spider-Man Homecoming and feature Superman in a supporting role like Iron Man.
>>
>>93035542
Well, Johns was involved with it
>>
>>93035559
https://youtu.be/_XUj8g-ggEs
What did he do besides inserting a homage to Donner's Superman?
>>
>>93035495

>regularly

Don't overstate things
>>
File: 1459334831320.png (347KB, 278x453px) Image search: [Google]
1459334831320.png
347KB, 278x453px
>>93032082
>Cape movie with a hero antagonist and villain protagonist
Has this not been done yet?
>>
>>93030659

And every single other thing is the New Gods for no god damned reason. Screw comics being big and weird. Everything is more shoehorned into connectedness than the Ultimate universe was.
>>
>>93035770
it has, it was called Batman v Superman.
>>
>>93035770

Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog
>>
>>93035542
yeah they tried to, the suits wanted to cut WW charge across no mans land ,director had to fight to keep it in the movie.
>>
>>93035963
Why?
>>
>>93035980
the suits are inhuman monsters in suits, who the fuck knows why, I'm gonna say money.

The director says it was because the suits didn't understand why it needed to be in the movie, they just wanted to go straight to the village and not have any action just the story parts.

Which sounds like money to me.
>>
>>93036016
>No big action scene
This sounds like the opposite of money to me.
>>
>>93035907

Dr. Horrible was misunderstood, but not really villainous. His antagonist was an annoying, self-centered d-bag, not someone all that heroic.
>>
>>93034805
Can you be a bit more specific? I don't see anything wrong with any of those things you posted.
>>
>>93036046
short term money spending + thinking women don't like action = suits
>>
>>93036072
>thinking women don't like action
Well It's not like this isn't true.
>>
>>93036053
>I don't see anything wrong with any of those things you posted.

Try watching the show with your eyes open and your fingers not stuffed in your ears
>>
>>93021655
Have a clear vision for the movie beyond imitating what Marvel did with a cinematic universe
No Snyder
Have a good script
Minimal corporate medling
Don't fucking rush to try and catch up with Marvel
Don't think you can keep getting by on brand name alone

Also that Superman 3 should take place entirely in Superman's mind and involve Mr Myx as the villain (played by Rumplestiltskin from Once Upon a Time) and end with Supes becoming more like his comic self and far more fun loving
>>
>>93036105
boomer women don't like action "millenial" women are basically dudes with a vag, they like everything.
>>
>>93035980
it's disrespectful toward all the men that died that way
of course the director, being a woman, didn't give a crap and instead want WW to trivialize that

is basically as if she was dancing on the grave of thousand of people
>>
>>93036131
thatd doesn't make any sense, it's like being mad at Cap because he fought Nazi's better than anyone else.
>>
>>93036109
Well if you aren't going to backup your opinion then I'm going to ahead and dismiss it. This was fun.
>>
>>93036162
Cap didn't have a scene during D-Day with him effortlessly landing on the beach and dismantling german forces
>>
>>93021655
So as far as I can gather, everyone who likes Marvel movies also likes Wonder Woman, so can we stop this company wars meme? It's no longer a DC vs. Marvel thing, it's a lighter vs. darker, fluffier vs. edgier thing.
>>
>>93036341
>Well if you aren't going to backup your opinion

Why waste the time, pretty much every review of the film points them out over and over and over. The internet went over all this stuff a few months ago.

>This was fun.

I have a hard time imagining anything you do is fun.
>>
>>93036369
No but he did have a montage that amounted to the same thing.
>>
>>93021655
>Arguably the best cape movie of the decade

I suppose you could argue that, in the same way that you could argue that the Earth is flat...
>>
>>93025718
Sucker Punch was great so yeah.
>>
>>93021865
>>Snyder needs more control, not less.

Despair that we live in the same world as this person.
>>
>they finally liked a live action DC movie
>>
File: tumblr_mh5h05I8rH1rjgvl7o1_250.png (126KB, 210x339px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh5h05I8rH1rjgvl7o1_250.png
126KB, 210x339px
>>93036583
>>
Only two things WB needs to do to make good DC films.

1. Make connecting the films to the DCEU the last priority over everything else in the film.

2. Skin Zack Snyder alive.
>>
>>93036388
>>93036388
WW was just as dark as other DCEU movies.
>>
>>93036388
>So as far as I can gather, everyone who likes Marvel movies also likes Wonder Woman, so can we stop this company wars meme? It's no longer a DC vs. Marvel thing, it's a lighter vs. darker, fluffier vs. edgier thing.

So fucking wrong.

People that like marvel like wonder woman because it's a good movie, simple as that. Has nothing to do with how dark or light hearted it is.

All of the DCEU films so far have been hot garbage that sold tickets on name alone until this one.

The hype is definitely heightened on the fact that it's the first majorly successful female superhero film (also female directed) artificial hype or not.
>>
>>93036683
This, the subject matter was actually the darkest so far for DC, the difference was that this film was coherent, knew when to throw in some lighter beats, and didn't spend 2+ hours making biblical references.
>>
>>93036510
>great
Look anon it gave me a boner too but that doesn't mean it was a great movie by any definition.
>>
>>93036744
Who knew that pacing could make or break a movie?
>>
>>93036683
No, it dealt with dark subject matter, but the overall tone of the movie was extremely hopeful and uplitfting.
>>
>>93036782
>People dying all the time
>A girl's innocent is crush
>Her faith in humanity is lost
>Love interest died
>"hopeful and uplifting"
??/
>>
>>93036808
Just look at how the movie ends. Wonder Woman heroically racing to save more people, because her time with Steve (and Superman's sacrifice) taught her that while men are capable of evil, they are also capable good. She rejects Ares' philosophy that mankind deserves to wipe itself out and embraces love as the most powerful tool to affect change in the world. If that's not "hopeful and uplifting" I don't know what is.
>>
>>93036928
she's racing to go fight Doomsday the end of the movie ties into BvS
>>
>>93021655
I'd hope they'd learn to just make better movies, but we all know that's not how things work.
>>
>>93036940
Nah, brah, she's in Paris in Wonder Woman, and in BvS she's about to fly out of Gotham on Turkish Airlines(TM) before hearing the news and running off the plane.
>>
>>93037079
I guess but it takes place when she got the e-mail from Bruce so maybe a continuity error?
>>
>>93021655

Wonder Woman is the biggest argument against DC having a cinematic universe.

The movie itself got good reviews, but it's stuck in the same universe with Cavill as Superman, Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, and Jared Leto as the Joker. And these actors are stuck in these roles for the next 10-20 years because MUH CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.

Many of DC's most iconic and beloved comics are stand-alone stories that take place outside of continuity anyway. DC should just go back to the days of Reeve's Superman, Burton's Batman, and Raimi's Spider-Man, where a character's movie is all about them and there's no need to worry about how everything ties into the CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.
>>
>>93037091
I think it's two different emails, the one in BvS is the all the clips of the meta-humans, and in Wonder Woman, Wayne Enterprises hand delivers her the original photo from the Battle of the Veld and she writes an email to thank Bruce. I think WW takes place a month or two after BvS.
>>
>>93037148
oh maybe
>>
>>93021686
>less like Snyder
Yes
>Be more like Marvel
No.

Wonder Woman was nothing like a MCU movie. It was good because it was the closest they've come yet to making an actual DC movie.
>Mistakenly in the past I think the studio has said, ‘Oh, DC films are gritty and dark and that’s what makes them different.’ That couldn’t be more wrong
Based Geoff Johns gonna save the DCEU.
>>
>>93037619
fuck off Johns, stop stealing the credit as usual
>>
>>93022151
>more quipping
yes plese
>follows the same formula
shaking it up is good, but i was never bothered by following a formula as long as the movie itself was good (which they are)
>make every movie look like a big budget tv show
i thought they looked really good
>>
>>93021686
>Be more like Marvel
Hell no and Wonder Woman wasn't like a Marvel movie.

>>93023848
Eh not really, I liked First Avenger but in it glossed over the whole WWII stuff and traded in Nazis for Hydra (because Marvel wanted to be able to sell toys of the bad guys) and just watered down the horrors of war for more PC and family friendly stuff.

Wonder Woman actually doved into the horrors of war and focused on them, that No man's Land scene, there was nothing in First Avengers like it.

>>93023922
God I hope so, I want more Wonder Woman stuff and hopefully we get more quality comics out of it too.
>>
>>93024368
>like a proper power couple.
Snyder wanted them as a couple but Whedon is going to kill that couple with the reshoots and editing.
>>
>>93037931
>i thought they looked really good
You've got low standards then. Movies are a visual medium so having great visuals is important. Other than GOTG MCU film are uninteresting to look at which is a big nono for a goddamned comic book film.

>shaking it up is good, but i was never bothered by following a formula as long as the movie itself was good (which they are)

I can think of three good marvel movies. Two of them are GOTG and one is Winter Soldier the rest are decent to mediocre.
>>
>>93031608
>it's going to be more entertaining watching them crash and burn than the movies themselves.

God anon you have been saying that since 2010 and they still haven't crashed or burned yet.
>>
>>93038604
i love ant-man, civil war, thor 1, iron man, first avenger, GOTG2 as well

i thought they were really good
the only really mediocre ones were incredible hulk, iron man 2, and thor 2
>>
>>93036105
It depends on the woman but the ones that are 35 or younger do like action.
>>
>>93022478

So why Johns doesn't have any story credit?
>>
>>93022957

That was Goyer's idea.
>>
>>93026118

Wonder Woman was only made because of Snyder, though. Check all the interviews.
>>
>>93038955
>snyder was your father, but he aint your daddy
>>
>>93027502

It has substance.
>>
>>93039019
poor substance
>>
>>93021865
>Snyder needs more control, not less
nice try Snyd
>>
>>93035542

No, because Snyder invested his own money in it. But there were certain things they wanted to cut because of tone.
>>
>>93039032

No, it has good substance. The problem with BvS is Goyer's tier dialogue, too much shit crammed in because of executives, Snyder being promised a longer movie and then being forced to cut it down, the editor doing his own job behind Snyder's back and editing the movie to pieces, the fucking stupid third arc with a big boss battle that every DCEU movie has.

People blame Snyder for MoS and BvS, but the funny thing is that he had more power and involvement with WW than he ever did with those movies.
>>
>Wonder Woman was a success because she was a woman
>not because it was a good movie
Just like the other way around for Ghostbusters. I am truly sick of this gender politics.
>>
>>93022426
>Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2
>Iron man 2&3
>all of Thor
No
Thread posts: 488
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.