[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spider-Quip, Spider-Quip, >Quips like every other super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: spider quip.jpg (71KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
spider quip.jpg
71KB, 600x316px
>Spider-Quip, Spider-Quip,
>Quips like every other super man
>Tells a joke, like hes WOKE,
>Spits out memes just like lies
>Look Out!
>Here comes the Spider-Quip
>>
https://youtu.be/cKW7NSgiCFo
>>
Spider-Man's whole -thing- is quipping to throw off his opponents. Read some comics.
>>
You'd have gotten your point across better if you'd made the effort to stick to the original song's rhyme scheme, or at least kept to the original's rhythm.

Also, I know /co/ is weirdly fixated on one-liners as though they haven't been a part of action movies for decades, but in this case, they're pretty justified. Spider-Man quips non-stop, it's why everyone hates him. If you think about it, it makes complete sense- Spider-Man's basically that one fifteen year old high school kid that thinks he's hilarious (and to the other kids in his Trigonometry class, he probably is), but adults just find him kind of irritating.
>>
>>93021103
Yeah but when everyone quips - the real question is who doesn't?
>>
>>93021121
Doesn't Johnny Storm really like him?
>>
>>93021140
Yeah but everyone hates Johnny too.
>>
>>93021103
Most of his quips suck.
>>
>>93021128
When everyone quips, no one does.
>>
File: spider jokes.jpg (83KB, 790x332px) Image search: [Google]
spider jokes.jpg
83KB, 790x332px
>>
File: 1403139826995.jpg (12KB, 261x177px) Image search: [Google]
1403139826995.jpg
12KB, 261x177px
>>93021367
This is also the point.
>>
>>93021050
unironically better than the original,
>>
>>93021103
Do you really expect /co/ to read comics?
>>
>>93021009
Isn't being a fucking annoying little shit that never stops telling jokes every time he opens his mouth sort of what Spider-Man is all about...since the early 60's?
>>
File: 323262.png (146KB, 459x302px) Image search: [Google]
323262.png
146KB, 459x302px
>>93022441
No it isn't

Spider-Man is about telling a story about how getting superpowers does not make someone's life instantly better and he still has loads of real world problems that pile up while he is using a superhero persona to escape his position in life.

Quipping is a modern bullshittery that needs to die in a fire. Marvel uses that as a crutch to hige weak storytelling
>>
>>93021128
This is ultimately the problem. Rather than be his own thing in the MCU, his new gimmick just ends up being... talking like everyone else, but being kindof annoying and pathetic i guess?

Like if everybody in justice league quipped like the flash nonstop but he was the only one who ever got groaned at.
>>
>>93022441
Yes it is
>>93022475
Ignore this faggot
>>
File: 1495916767936.png (623KB, 1111x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1495916767936.png
623KB, 1111x1207px
>>93021009
Kill yourself.
>>
>>93021563
>Ruby Tuesday
Now there's a villain I haven't seen for a while
>>
has anyone stumped peter while he was quipping?

as in peter does his thing then the opponent says something in return that makes him go "hmmmm..." in mid-battle?

actually stopping to think is a bonus.
>>
>>93022758
Found the shill
>>
>>93022441
What he's all about? No. A staple of his character from the beginning? Yes.

>>93022475
You're just looking for an excuse to rail against the concept of humor.
>>
>>93022441
>>93022758
Fucking MCUFags need to fuck off
>>
>>93022936
If you've only watched the movies, go back to /tv/.
>>
That's his fucking character. He quipped when Morlun beat him within an inch of his life.
>>
>>93021103
>Spider-man will never be known as more than the guy who says funny things
>Peters character will always be reduced to simply quips
>>
>>93022920
Quip comedy is just a crutch for a shitty writer
>>
>>93022919
>>93022936
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>93021128
>Yeah but when everyone quips - the real question is who doesn't?

"She with you?"
"I thought she was with you."
>>
>>93023404
Sometimes, but not always. Spider-Man writers have used quipping very effectively before. To say quippy and punchy humor is inherently a bad thing is philistine.
>>
>>93023873
The problem is that Spider-Man was meant to be dramatic, and show the reality of dressing up as a superhero and neglecting one's home life. He was not meant to be a comedy character at all.

That is a new thing from writers who don't know shit about the character at all and he has been flanderized into some kind of spider themed Joker that quips all the time and plays tricks on the villains.
>>
File: $.jpg (55KB, 650x277px) Image search: [Google]
$.jpg
55KB, 650x277px
>>93021009
>>93021103
>>93022441
>>93022809
>>93022991

FUCKING CASUALS I SWEAR! Spider-Man doesn't quip, he banters.

A quip is a witty remark

A banter is teasing.

Peter ruthlessly makes fun of his enemies, not making sly, awkward comments while jerking off Tony. He's a sarcastic douche, not an awkward pussy. His entire point is to make fun of his enemies to throw them off and make them do something stupid.

>>93022475
>Spider-Man is about telling a story about how getting superpowers does not make someone's life instantly better and he still has loads of real world problems that pile up while he is using a superhero persona to escape his position in life.

I agree with this.

>Quipping is a modern bullshittery that needs to die in a fire. Marvel uses that as a crutch to hige weak storytelling

I don't with this to a degree. Being sarcastic and narcissistic is part of Peter's personality. The problem is, it takes a smart writer to pull it off, and with Slott's death grip on the character we'll only be able to see it again in side books. But he does have his moments, like pic related.
>>
>>93023990
>Spider-Man was meant to be dramatic
Spider-Man is not one story. He's an ongoing comic book character that can be interpreted in many different ways, from gritty to somber to silly.

He had somber origins, but he's not fucking Batman. Once he became an ongoing character (ie. after one issue), they lightened him up into the character we all know and love. Hell, if that's not good enough for you, they've made it pretty clear that a lot of the time, he's only using humor as a coping mechanism.
>>
>>93024153
>Spider-Man doesn't quip, he banters.
He makes shitty puns and jokes about the situation all the fucking time in the comics even in his own head
>>
File: bullseye-is-a-douche.jpg (126KB, 550x504px) Image search: [Google]
bullseye-is-a-douche.jpg
126KB, 550x504px
>>93024873
>shitty puns

Shitty puns can also be banters.

> and jokes

Banters are, by definition, jokes.

He spends far more times making fun of his enemies and calling them tools then awkwardly spouting a one liner and looking around at his peers for approval. Have you even read a Spider-Man comic older than the past ten years?
>>
>>93021009
Yes everybody in Spiderman quips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbgM3pfe5yA
>>
>>93024153
Quips are a form of banter doofus. Quips are jibes.

A quip can be both banter and one liners. One liners are the real cancer. 90% of the Avengers was one liners for example, but there wasn't much back and forth.
>>
>>93024985
>can be banters
>banters are
Holy fuck, learn English
>>
>>93025468
But Spider-Man isn't bantering in this movie, is he? He's doing the same thing the Avengers have been doing in all their movies.
>>
>>93025492
Man, you sure got me, stranger online who doesn't like my grammar. How will I ever recover?
>>
>>93021009
>a thread to bitch about Spider-Man making jokes all the time
>motherfucking Spider-Man
is this really what /co/ is reduced to
>>
>>93025582
I should re-emphasise.

There is nothing inherently wrong with one liners, the problem with the Avengers was that Joss Whedon literally didn't write a single line that wasn't a one liner. Spiderman banters and spouts off one liners because he is a cocky teenager. I'm not advocating this movie, I don't know if it will be good, but calling it a quipfest because of the trailer is stupid. Toby Maguire had a lot of one liners too.

My biggest issue with the trailer was that it was 90% Robert Downey Jr. It gave the impression they have very little faith in this movie.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.