[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Joe Casey so underrated? He has a bibliography that rivals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: officerdowne-tp-cov.jpg (488KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
officerdowne-tp-cov.jpg
488KB, 585x900px
Why is Joe Casey so underrated? He has a bibliography that rivals Morrison's or Ellis', yet he only ever found real success with being a co-creator of a shitty children's cartoon....
>>
I don't think Casey's writing is particularly strong, but he has an amazing eye for artists. Often before they blow up.

Chris Burnham, Tom Scioli, Ed McGuinness, Ulises Farinas.
>>
>>93015713
I really enjoy Casey. Not all of his stuff clicks but a large majority does.
>Adventures of Superman
>Wildcats Vol. 2 (select issues) - Vol. 3
>Nixon's Pals
>Codeflesh
>Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers
>Godland
>Iron Man: The Inevitable
>>
>>93015713
He never had a lot of success on the Marvel and DC books. He wrote some of the big ones and they sold fine, but ultimately forgettable.

That's like a requirement for popularity.

He'll probably be most well known for creating America.
>>
>>93015713
Because he's often confused with Joe Kelly
>>
Automatic Kafka is THE SHIT. Too bad Wildstrom largely ignored his additions to the universe like the National Park Service or the Strangers in the long run.
>>
Automatic Kafka, Wildcats and Superman Adventures are great
but then he wrote the worst X-Men ever
>>
>>93015834
Marvel is going to collect his and Ladronn's Cable run, I'm pretty pumped for that
>>
>>93016023
Really? About time, that run was great. Ladronn was a bright light in a sea of mediocre art at the time. His Spider-Boy Team-Up is still one of my favorite books strictly for the art.
>>
I like his work but I will say his biggest problem is a lot of his work tries to be clever but often are not as clever he think it is or his big ideas lead nowhere.

A good example is Catalyst Comixs very good writing but his ideas for the series can be boiled down really easy.

-Superman character needs to change to effect change but still does the same thing
-Superhero teams are co-dependent messes
-Wonder Woman is awesome

He shoots for the moon which is good but he never gets the landing right. Still I like his Superman run, I think Godland is great and man Wildcats 3.0 is so good.
>>
he thinks he's so smart
>>
>>93015988
What was his run like? I'm having a hard time imagining a run worst than Austen's.
>>
>>93016542
do you know why Austen's run is so bad? he had to fix everything Casey did which was so much worse
>>
File: officerdowne1-182692.jpg (64KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
officerdowne1-182692.jpg
64KB, 1200x675px
The Officer Down movie was unbelievably shitty,
>>
>>93015713
Underrated? You mean overrated. He's a pretentious twat.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.