[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lot of people have been comparing Wonder Woman to Captain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

A lot of people have been comparing Wonder Woman to Captain America: The First Avenger. Which do you prefer?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13122718/
>>
>>93010181
You just reminded me I've got to get watching First Avengers yet. I've already seen Winter Soldier though.
>>
>>93012086
It's probably my favorite MCU phase one movie.
>>
>>93013487
Better than iron man?
>>
>>93012086
It's pretty boring desu
>>
>>93013565
First Avenger is the only Marvel origin movie that doesn't follow Iron Man's formula.
>>
>>93010181
And you use an image from Civil War you idiot
>>
>>93014681

THIS

I prefer CA - TFA, to either of the Thors, the secondary movies, and all the IMs. I can't really compare it to the group movies though, I don't think it's fair to do so.

We're seeing WW this weekend, so I can't do you straw poll, but generally I find I like different things. I didn't HATE Thor 1 or 2, in fact I just rewatched my library's copy of Dark World out of curiosity for watching Ragnarok, but I'm glad I used free passes to watch both flicks, so they didn't cost me actual cash.
>>
>>93014681
It also falls off a cliff after Bucky falls off the train. It's one of the biggest glaring differences in quality between two parts of a film I've ever seen.
>>
>>93014681
>marvel formula meme
How does this still exist?

TIH is nothing like Iron Man.
GotG is nothing like Iron Man.
Ant-Man is nothing like Iron Man.
Age of Ultron is nothing like Iron Man.
Iron Man 3 is nothing like Iron Man.
Thor 2 is nothing like Iron Man.

Unless you can explain the supposed "Iron Man formula" in a way that wouldn't also apply to Spider-man, Batman Begins, or any other origin movie, then you're full of shit.
>>
>>93015065
>the secondary movies
What do you mean by secondary movies?
>>
>>93014681

How did Hulk and Thor follow the Iron Man formula? Hulk especially was much different
>>
>>93010181
This poll is terrible I fixed it for you OP

http://www.strawpoll.me/13123889
>>
>>93010181
Captain America because there is an endgame to the MCU.
>>
>>93015484
I'm a pretty big MCU fag, but this is the dumbest shit I've read in a while.

What difference does MCU's endgame make for TFA as a movie? And how is Wonder Woman affected if the DCEU doesn't have a longterm plan yet?
>>
Wonder Woman the first Justice Leaguer for me.

But I wish Red Skull hadn't disappeared into the Thor/Avengers/Cosmic portal forever.
>>
>>93015484
Nigga phase 1 was playing fast and loose as can be.
>>
Wonder Woman was better and besides the war setting they are nothing alike. TFA is underrated as fuck, though
>>
>>93010181
I'm a complete Wonderfag. I loved the movie.

First Avenger is better.

It's just an altogether tighter movie with clearer progression of it's "message" and it's point.

It is the perfect example of looking back the franchise's past, and updating it while never looking back at it in shame (just a playful ribbing).

WW is... still a DCEU film. It never weaves it's 'evil in the hearts of men' reveal in all that seamlessly, when you have that reveal Ares just shows up anyway and seemingly just... ruins it.

Huh, I just realised that both films end with someone called Steve flying a plane to their apparent doom.

Cap's end in First Avenger is more satisfying than WW's end.

It's a shame that every superhero franchise start will have to compared to Phase 1 Marvel, because the main four of them were just so great.
>>
>>93015635
>because the main four of them were just so great.

Thor was shit, shill
>>
>>93015096
>Ant-Man is nothing like Iron Man.
wise-cracking hero dealing with bland corporate underdeveloped villain who has ties with hero's father figure
>>
>>93015666
I don't understand the dislike of first Thor. What's wrong with it?

Does a fantastic job of making you care about Thor and Loki, good aesthetic, I liked the romance myself. Does some fun fish out of water (way better than what WW does sadly). What's some actual criticisms of it?
>>
>>93010181
I haven't seen WW yet, but First Avenger has an EXCELLENT first half, but completely loses steam in the second one.
>>
>>93015726

Kinda the same with Wonder Woman but that goes to shit in the last third which is a bit better. Steve and Dianas relationship is better than Caps and Carters and Diana's friends have personality which the howling commandos lacked. Red Skull was better than Ares though
>>
>>93015688
>child of a god who goes to a different world where they don't understand the culture to fight a villain who's their brother

Oh look, Wonder Woman and Thor 1 follow the same formula!

Just because you can boil things down and twist them into a similar sentence doesn't mean the movies at all follow the same formula. The characters of Tony and Ant-Man have some similarities, sure, but the movies are completely different. That's why this "Marvel Formula" shit is a stupid meme that needs to die.
>>
>>93015767
Honestly Ares would've been 100% improved if he didn't still have the stupid mustache when he was in his armor.
>>
>>93015859

So you're telling me Wonder Woman and Thor are rip offs of Beverly Hills Ninja?
>>
>>93015881

All they had to do was shroud his face and warp his voice, maybe give him his cape. Thewlis was quite menacing when he was talking with Diana before the fight
>>
I'm not saying Gal Gadot is Daniel Day Lewis, but Chris Evans' acting experience prior to Captain America consisted of Not Another Teen Movie and Fantastic 4. It's a miracle the guy found his sea legs in The Avengers, but prior to that? Woof.
>>
I prefer TFA more overall, though I feel like both movies are great up until the ending fights, but Cap's has a stronger welcome to the new world ending.

WW had a better use of her crew, though. Howling Commandos were underutilized and not given many individual moments or development. WW had better war scenes since they weren't reduced to a quick montage. Other than Peggy, most of Cap's side characters felt sidelined. Even Bucky's role felt lacking.
>>
>>93015924

He's not even that good though. He's better than Gadot but he has the same face problem. Anytime he's trying to act intense or commanding he just looks perplexed.
>>
WW has dr. poisonfu, so i'm currently leaning toward that one
>>
>>93015979

Poor thing hoping to not get crushed by female Logan.

Sequel when?
>>
>>93010181
Wonder Woman.

Hate me if you like, but WW1 is more interesting than WW2, probably because it's so much less played out.
>>
>>93010181
Loved both movies so this was a pretty close one. I voted for Captain America TFA since i loved the campiness and Steve's earnest hero attitude. Still I consider both great superhero flicks among my favorites.
>>
>Ares in the most brutal, pointless war of all time playing with both sides to make the war last forever
WW is better just on the premise alone. They should have done a post credit scene where they show him alive and manipulating the Treaty of Versailles to make sure WW2 happens too
>>
>>93010181
I was really disappointed that Steve R and Peggy have barely anything to do with one another.

Seeing as Diana and Steve T didn't have that problem, WW wins.

I wish there was more romance in capeshit movies.
>>
I see a lot of votes for Wonder Woman, and it's great, but I expected nothing less because /co/ is an AA meeting for DC fans because they can't interact with the world now that it has Marvel fever.
>>
>wasting the only good villain you have the rights for
>killing him off with some Monthy Python tier deus ex machina space ray
Fuck that
>>
>>93016639
I don't know about that, I'm seeing a DC renaissance right now. Everybody loves the underdog and DC is becoming the "nerd cred" franchise while Marvel is the "casual" one. Comics are doing better, videogames are doing better, even tv shows (being absolute shit except Gotham, mind you) are doing better. Fuck Suicide Squad was literally unwatchable and made mad bank too.

I think Marvel is noticing it too because they are pulling a Rebirth on the comics, an Injustice on the videogames and they are starting to try new things in the movies
>>
>>93016701
>I'm seeing a DC renaissance right now. Everybody loves the underdog and DC is becoming the "nerd cred" franchise

I'd like to think this, but I have this horrible feeling Justice League is going to shit the bed.
>>
>>93015666
>Shill
Not everyone on this board is a shill
Neck yourself
>>
>>93015042
I didn't make the image, I just found it on Google.
>>
>>93016701
I'm sure you'd like to think that, but that's quite frankly not the case.The problem is that you're projecting what you want to be true onto very isolated interactions with other people online and nothing what-so-ever in the real world. To 99% of the population, comic book movies are just comic book movies, Marvel or DC, it doesn't matter, they just want a good movie and no one is looking to turn this into a part of their identity like you and others of the DCEU faith have.

Outside of /co/ you're not going to find too many people who exclusively choose one side over the other, and even on /co/ only the vocally toxic DC fanboys seem to pick any side exclusively. The MCU isn't anyone's religion or an integral part of their identity the way the DCEU is for Snyderfans who validate their contrarian victim complex by claiming anyone who doesn't like MoS or BvS is an anti DCEU shill. Yes some might prefer Marvel over DC or like the MCU movies better but they don't make thread after thread trying to defend Age of Ultron as some underappreciated Blade Runner analog or Thor 2 as appreciable solely on the grounds that it made money or was still better than _____ movie. People who like the MCU can accept that some of them are good and some of them not so much where as the people who identify as DCEU exclusivists simply can't tolerate a world where their movies aren't unquestionably better than the MCU's. Not necessarily saying that you fall into this category, but you know the people I'm talking about.

And ask yourself, is an influx of new fans really something you want for anything? Last time we saw this was after the Dark Knight and Arkham Assylum which flooded /co/ with newfags and /v/tards who latched onto DC because of Batman with the only mentality they knew, Console Wars and ever since they've not only made /co/ a shitfest, but have insisted this company war rivalry is somehow mutual despite them always seeming to be the antagonists.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.